• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Alright, I am currently typing up the OP for the tactical discussion of BCD. The vid is DONE and now its in youtube's hand to convert, process, and display! ^_^

I apologize again for the agonizing wait. :'(

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hip hip hooray!

Lol so LDPK you're posting a thread in the tactical. Will it link to a NEW thread on the TL boards, FIOD's thread, or will the Video link be in the tactical thread?

Confuzzled.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Do you mean I should make a thread in The Brawl Tactical Discussion?
I meant if someone is going to link the thread i posted in the OP of this AT thread. I think fox is already on it. You could post in brawl tactical if you want to... that's would be nice. If you don't then i'll post a copy of the 1HKO link there later. But go right ahead, mcdingus.

Mota

Alright I'll type something up quickly, it'll be pretty simple and post in in Tactical, linking to your thread.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
This is a really cool tactic... and I like the proposed uses for it, especially off the ledge... nicely done, all.

One note, Fox isn't on the "doomed" list if he Fair recovers, going MUCH higher than a normal double jump... which all Foxes should... At that point, he should have a couple different shortenings of illusion, as well as a couple of Firefox angles to get back to the stage...

Just thought you should know, but seriously, good find and workup, everybody. *applauds

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Awesome video. I can actually see this working while you have a bomb in hand while edge hogging, then drop off ledge, i-bomb onto the stage where your opponent is at, and BCD smash.

LP: You should post this video on AiB. I'm pretty sure it would become the video of the week if you upload it onto there.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
This is a really cool tactic... and I like the proposed uses for it, especially off the ledge... nicely done, all.

One note, Fox isn't on the "doomed" list if he Fair recovers, going MUCH higher than a normal double jump... which all Foxes should... At that point, he should have a couple different shortenings of illusion, as well as a couple of Firefox angles to get back to the stage...

Just thought you should know, but seriously, good find and workup, everybody. *applauds
I thought of that too, but guess what? you get knocked out of the stage with your back facing the stage, so you can't copter instead you'll end up doing a b-air...right?

All I could think of was to use shine to turn fox around, but wouldn't that kill us because we're too close to the dead zone?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I thought of that too, but guess what? you get knocked out of the stage with your back facing the stage, so you can't copter instead you'll end up doing a b-air...right?

All I could think of was to use shine to turn fox around, but wouldn't that kill us because we're too close to the dead zone?
No, shine turnaround wouldn't kill us...

but regardless, just Fair backwards... the vertical boost you get isn't dependent on which way you are facing...

The only real important thing about which way Fair is facing is its use as a high-priority aerial, but TL is too far away to be able to get close enough for Fox to hit him anyway, ...

I would just Fair, and drift backwards, toward the stage... not a huge deal.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
No, shine turnaround wouldn't kill us...

but regardless, just Fair backwards... the vertical boost you get isn't dependent on which way you are facing...

The only real important thing about which way Fair is facing is its use as a high-priority aerial, but TL is too far away to be able to get close enough for Fox to hit him anyway, ...

I would just Fair, and drift backwards, toward the stage... not a huge deal.
I see...as long as it puts us on stage and not on the edge it seems possible, but tl can still counter the recovery but it would take out fox out of the "Doomed" category.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Guys stop overhyping this so much. Even if we land it, most characters can recover anyway. Zss can jump upb boost and then flipkick footstool. Marth can DJ side b boost to gain just enough distance to make it back onstage. Fox can Helicopter boost to side b to get back. Peach definetely gets back easily unlike the vid shows. Also: keyword-IF ITS LANDED. Which wont happen EVER. Have fun landing it on sane opponents.

Cringe_IF

Smash Rookie
Guys stop overhyping this so much. Even if we land it, most characters can recover anyway. Zss can jump upb boost and then flipkick footstool. Marth can DJ side b boost to gain just enough distance to make it back onstage. Fox can Helicopter boost to side b to get back. Peach definetely gets back easily unlike the vid shows. Also: keyword-IF ITS LANDED. Which wont happen EVER. Have fun landing it on sane opponents.

Its so easy to call something like this an over-hype. Give it a little time before you make your logical assumptions, and lets see someone make an effort to add this to their game after perfecting it.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
The negative feedback people are giving us for this is making me sad. :(

*Needs a hug*
Sorry... I feel for ya... but i don't do hugs... lol.

Okay... i am doing major editing on opening posts and stuffs. I have added concerns to the OP, and have addressed them and hopefully Video Run 2 will be up eventually (need to catch up on homework and sleep. I guess we did a good job hyping the move (tho yea it kinda exploded).

But anyways, the move is still a legit situational move. I'll redo some of the percentages, and move some characters around when necessary. Don't worry TL's... the move is still amazin'. Don't worry other characters... your thoughts and opinions are being taken into heart! :D

Mota

DASC Da Awesome Seibrik Combo :p
I haven't been able to find any discussion on this.
It may or may not be that useful, you be the judge, but what exactly are Toon Links options out of this, if any?

Then there's the Instant Wall Jump
Personally, I thought this was known ages ago, but yea, options are obviously Bair and projectiles.

Any other ideas, I mainly want to hear opinions on DASC

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Then there's the Instant Wall Jump
Personally, I thought this was known ages ago, but yea, options are obviously Bair and projectiles.
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm hoping it will be something that helps TL get onstage safer.

He really needs something like that.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I do wall jump on the ledge (not on the wall of FD) to get back onstage with bairs. If I can learn this itll help me not waste my double jump while doing that :). But...since my brawl cd is damaged I wont be able to learn it in time for the Oct 3 tourney :(. Not like I need it anyways :p. Hohohoho. And the supposedly awesome seibrik combo is garbage.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's alive!

So as some of you may remember, there are times when I can't view youtube because I'm at TAFE. This is one of those times.
From viewing the threads however, the Instant Wall Jump looks very promising so I'll probably add that when I get home. I think I remember seeing the video for the DASC a while ago, and at the time I didn't think too much of it, but if people want it added, it's no problem at all (so I'll add that as well).
Boost Walking, I've been keeping an eye on it, I'm still not sure if I understand a few things about it, but does it have to be done with the B-stick? If it's done without the B-stick, do you get the same effect? If it has to be done with the B-stick, I don't think I'll be able to use it anyway because of my controls (Nunchuckas).

The Instant Wall Jump grabbed my attention the most. Like Sheikant, I too regularly wall jump on FD to recover with Bairs. I also use it to use Fair (and rarely, Zair) on recovering enemies. Has anyone thought of using arrows after an Instant Wall Jump?

It could be an entirely new level of weapon spam. If you wall jump with a bomb, you could WJ, Arrow, Bomb, and use UpB to recover. If your enemy doesn't get hit by the bomb or arrow/boomerang, he'll certainly get hit with the UpB. You could also Wall jump and Bair approaching enemies if you manage to get under them. Bair would mean a stage spike. It's not practical, but it's definitely flashy.

I'm gonna be less active on the forums for a couple of weeks. My grades are slipping.... :/ I'll still be reading everyday.

<3 TL Mains

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Must... sleep.....
It's updated with the Instant Wall Jump (Including Vid) and the Shield Cancelled Sliding Grab. I'll edit any mistakes and what not tomorrow.

(XD, R.I.P. TWiNK)

Mota

Haha Fox, you didn't have to do that...yet. It's only 11:00pm in Aus anyways, been staying up til midnight.

I'll do a semi-test/screw around in the game and see what Toon Link can do with the wall jump.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
U have the same problem as me Fox? Hmm. Im only able to sleep 5 hours and then Im up and cant go back to sleep :(. Its annoying.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It was a one off thing. Kinda. Pretty much, my parents are away this week and because I normally go to bed when my parents do, and they weren't here, I simply didn't go to bed. I was up till all hours playing smash and then it hit me.
Reality hurts.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
XD. Not sleeping is what hurts :(.
You should get out and use up all your energy more. Not being active isn't healthy for you, as you can see by your inability to sleep...

Try doing something OUTSIDE! [/troll] :bee:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ College :(. I do go Outside, I was outside yesterday practically all day till 6pm soooo stfu :). /trollback

EDIT: Also, stop stalking my posts. Whos the stalker now?

Mota

****, I use to have that, my problem now is being unable to sleep unless it's past midnight.
Yea exercise helps apparently. LRN2KRUMP?

It's a brand new day, just past 12, I should go to sleep.

Top Bottom