• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Plz know that I am diligently working on it still as I type.... also know that the vid may be delayed until tomorrow or sometime tuesday depending whether or not i pass out tonight from exhaustion.... lol, its worth the work tho.

On another note, should I post the vid here when I am done? Or should I make a new thread detailing the 1HKO with video inside?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Um...maybe I'm not doing it right...but is the opponent supposed to bounce along the floor as they are sliding the hell off the stage? At least how I'm doing it, this happens. I freaking hope not, because it's like the easiest thing to tech I've seen so far in Brawl...
I'll wait for the vid...
Just saying guys, no matter what it is, it can be DIed and or teched. Get hyped, but not too hyped.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Um...maybe I'm not doing it right...but is the opponent supposed to bounce along the floor as they are sliding the hell off the stage? At least how I'm doing it, this happens. I freaking hope not, because it's like the easiest thing to tech I've seen so far in Brawl...
I'll wait for the vid...
Just saying guys, no matter what it is, it can be DIed and or teched. Get hyped, but not too hyped.
The 1HKO is done somewhat closer to the end of the stage, (where the opponent is still above the ground and still cannot tech). The move is not a 1HKO if the opponent bounces--try doing a lil' closer to the ledge.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
OIC...Yeah that works fine. I just though it might work in the middle. Meh, still cool. Great find, especially for someone that doesn't even play our character. We all really appreciate your help.

It's weird how a Pikachu main is making this video, instead of us. Thanks in advance, Legendary Pikachu!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Plz know that I am diligently working on it still as I type.... also know that the vid may be delayed until tomorrow or sometime tuesday depending whether or not i pass out tonight from exhaustion.... lol, its worth the work tho.

On another note, should I post the vid here when I am done? Or should I make a new thread detailing the 1HKO with video inside?
Hey, if it gets delayed, then so be it. But then again XD. Nah I'm kidding, you're alright, don't worry. Take your time.

As for where you want to post it. That depends on how much publicity you want. If you make another thread, I would put it in the tactical discussion section just because that's where everyone goes. I would then have a link to it from here anyway and I'd put the vid into my thread and so on.
If you put it in here, we all know where to find it and everyone else will no doubt find it eventually.
Your decision, I'm cool with it either way.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
It's weird how a Pikachu main is making this video, instead of us. Thanks in advance, Legendary Pikachu!
My lil' brother is a Toon Link main (arc-thefallen-) so I've grown fond of the toon link threads. Plus i learned some new stuff for youtube video editing and I am wanting to try out my skills.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
We might as well go for full publicity, post a thread in tactical linking to another thread in the TL boards/FIODs thread.

A new thread with info would be better since the video link will be in the OP, people will want to comment and it wont get buried.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I think I am going to sleep for 5 ish hours now (bedtime).... and see if I can finish up tomorrow. right now... it's lookin' to be like 9'ish minutes of full footage including setups/examples on youtube.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I managed to pull it off successfully a couple times last night. The nice thing is, if you know you're gonna miss, you can just shield and no harm done.

Edit: Ok so, I found another ok way of doing this. Pull out a bomb, grab the ledge. As soon as the bomb starts to blink, hit jump then z to drop the bomb just on the edge of the stage, then FF an air dodge and d-smash.

It's a bit more constricted in terms of timing and location, but you're pretty much invincible through most of it and you have more options on the way down, since you can just leave the bomb there. And this way you don't have to worry as much about hitting your opponent or pikmin with the ibomb

What I found is better is when you are on the ledge with a bomb, drop down and full hop to the stage, and once you're above ground, iBomb and D-smash. It's easier on the fingers since you don't have to tap jump. You can just take your time and hold it out.

Given, you'll be slightly exposed from the point that you peep out of the ledge to the point where you are at max jump height, but the time frame is small, and you should be aware of it. I think TLs will most likely be doing the BCD when they are recovering from the ledge, since if you're gonna do the first method, you have to be pretty much standing still in the corner like an idiot waiting for an even bigger idiot to walk into you.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
Given, you'll be slightly exposed from the point that you peep out of the ledge to the point where you are at max jump height, but the time frame is small, and you should be aware of it. I think TLs will most likely be doing the BCD when they are recovering from the ledge, since if you're gonna do the first method, you have to be pretty much standing still in the corner like an idiot waiting for an even bigger idiot to walk into you.
Exactly. Especially since the ones we need to get with this the most are Marth and Falco. A Falco may fall for it if they are greedy for the early damage chaingrab. But a Marth? Good luck with that. :ohwell:

@ Legendary Pikachu. Woot woot. Can't wait.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
What does BCD stand for? By the way, I have a hard time thinking of the positioning and timing of this. Like I'm not sure if this would work for both a full hop or short hop. I haven't got a chance to practice it yet. I got too much to study for. Can't wait for the video.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but could you explain why this is? I haven't tried this out yet, so idk. :(
If we are closer to the edge, then it's more likely a chance of the opponent being killed by the BCD.

@ Calibur Champ. BCD = Bomb Cancelled D-Smash

EDIT: Yes, DTL. I agree. It should be BCDS.. But who am I to say anything. :3

I'm sorry, but could you explain why this is? I haven't tried this out yet, so idk. :(
In order to use the BCD to its full potential, you have to be near the edge with your back facing the edge. If you were to do it without recovering from the ledge, you would probably have to camp near the ledge, and wait for an approach to finally slip it in. This is harder on Falco's and Fox because we need to approach them. They won't approach us if we're just camping in the corner, and it's not very effective to try to BCD while approaching them.

However, if we were on the ledge, chances are, the enemy would be waiting for us, or approaching us. If you can make the opening, you can drop down, full hop/double jump, iBomb at peak jump, and Dsmash.

Both situations are can be done in the midst of battle if all your cards are set, but I personally find the second one easier and overall more plausible.

BTW, has anybody noticed that when you do the BCD, the bomb pushes you to the ledge automatically? It's an automatic edgeguard!

EDIT: No, it should be left as BCD. The S ruins the alphabetical flow of the acronym.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Idk why I'm being such a lazy *** and not testing it. xD
*goes to test*

@ SfP;
Na, the physics of it male sense. =P

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
**waits some more**
Sorry for the waiting... credits took a lil longer than I thought....

You guys probably don't want to wait all night.... so, for those who don't live in Australia (hint* hint)... you may go to sleep and find the vid in the morning. As for me, i'm doin' this until I get it done (NO SLEEPIN 4 me.... ). Sorry for the upsets in waiting--i'm tryin' by best :'(.

^ Nah LDPK wouldn't do that to us. Would he?

Sweet, almost done then. I better be credited lol
Silly.... of course you are... first in the credits in fact. :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Just come back tommorow and watch it. >_>

Mota

Lol, it's only 4:15pm over here. I'm sweet! Take as long as you want XD!
Haha same here, Melbourne and Sydney are pretty much aligned.

LDPK Dam, no sleeping. With the amount of work you're putting into this, I wouldn't be surprised if the vid itself overshadows the AT.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Haha same here, Melbourne and Sydney are pretty much aligned.

LDPK Dam, no sleeping. With the amount of work you're putting into this, I wouldn't be surprised if the vid itself overshadows the AT.
Well... i was initially thinkin of just doin' a short HQ vid. And then this other guy said a while ago to "make it big!" So yea... I am very happy with how it turned out. Of course, the video can't be "all-encompassing," but I've done my part and am very pleased.

*scurries back to the desktop*

Mota

Ahhh...can't...contain...emotions!

So who's making the advertising thread in tactical? :p

Top Bottom