• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I just want Versussss TT__TT
Suyon, I'll let you know if something comes up, but I wouldnt be able to take 2 more people as it is atm >__< Sorry

Suyon

Smash Lord
Why does X have to get love and not others excluding VII. In fact I've always wanted my freaking Chrono Break but I don't want it if the same Chrono team doesn't make it at all. I wonder if they'll add anything new in X though.

Suyon

Smash Lord
So, last confirmation. Waiting list on Lokii, KB hasn't read my message/hasn't replied yet/or ignoring (if you haven't done the first two please let me know asap thanks), and a super hero may arrive.
Blue did you try asking anyone?
If I can't go then I'll just play disgaea 4 and do ToH. If you manage to go without me blue and if I get bead arts would you buy them? Of course I'll attempt to find a ritsu, yukari, or Alice plush around same price or just pay you back

:phone:

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
i got you yeah, that circuit money... but i dont see me finding my own way down.. and i only want that one ritsu ;v

Suyon

Smash Lord
Not even people from canton?
Worst and mostly not gonna happen is me driving. My parents gave me a curfew on that lol.
Links teach Blue how to drive. Then we can pick up king and have a grand adventure.
Yeah anyways at least one more driver.

How much was that ritsu 90 dollars?

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
the 50 some one i think
and i really doubt canton people could stay for all of brawl for me.. even if they felt like driving 4 hours..

Suyon

Smash Lord
Mansfield is pretty awesome actually, the town so far. Campus life not so sure at all. Can't even play on wifi or I don't know how to setup at all for OSU. Also left many things at home... including a screw for my tv stand....so gonna be very boring....thank god I have my Persona 3 Portable.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Alright, I will give you all an update as to my travel/housing plans for SiiS6 when I get some free time tomorrow. Those will include who I'm taking, who I might take, hotel plans, etc. I will not be going out of my way to pick anyone up, there will be a max of 4 passengers in my car (two spots left) if I decide to take that many, and there ain't gonna be no partying in the room I'm staying in since I'm quite an ******* if I can't comfortably sleep lol; so with that said I'd like to try and get a room at the same hotel that the other NEOH room is located to make it more convenient and sociable. I'm also going to be set on when I'm heading down there and when I'll be heading back up, so no exceptions on either of those, those of you who can come should clear your schedules for the weekend or find another ride back up here.

Updates tomorrow.

e__

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just moved to Cleveland for college. When do you guys usually host smashfests/ where and when is the next one you're holding that I can come to? I'm looking for brawl and melee.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
(two spots left)
Me n Suyon still looking, I could get to where-ever-the-hell he's at now....
Hey guys, I just moved to Cleveland for college. When do you guys usually host smashfests/ where and when is the next one you're holding that I can come to? I'm looking for brawl and melee.
lol
I think melee stuff has been happening around akron/canton, check the social board thread?

solecalibur

Smash Master
@links there is no clear method of getting better, either you have it or u don't, join the club

@techchase any reason why u ask?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I strongly disagree, Sole. I started off as a complete scrub who didn't know how to play Melee at all, and through hard work...I became at least a respectable threat in bracket. It was all through repetition, study, and practice. I agree that natural talent can play a big part in a player becoming good, but there are also plenty of other players who have reached a similar level to the naturally talented by working hard for it.

Also, regarding my SiiS travel plans, they are as follows...

Car - Me, Shugo, MX, two spots remaining. I absolutely will not go out of my way to grab anyone, especially since I already have to swing East to Elyria to grab Shugo and most of you are West/Southwest from that location. If any of you really have to desire to get picked up, find a way to get to a closer location or I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I know I'm being pretty adamant this time around but I've gone out of my way to grab people before going to Cincinnati before and I'm sure as hell not going through that again, lol.

Gas Money - I'm charging $20 per passenger for gas. That's always been my standard price.

Hotel - I'm probably going to get a room at the hotel that Day suggested in the tournament thread, or possibly at the same location as the other NEOH/OUGA party (Lokii, Denzi, Sole, etc.) so that we can all hang or whatever. What hotel are you all getting your room at? So far the confirmed people for my room are me and MX so far, I still have to get a hold of Shugo to see if he's included. I will be sleeping on a bed (and will chip in extra towards the room to ensure it if necessary), anyone else can discuss their sleeping arrangements amongst themselves.

Schedule - I'm planning on heading down there either Friday night or early Saturday morning (tentative, haven't decided yet). I will be leaving around 4-5pm on Sunday if I'm already eliminated from the bracket. I know Shugo might be in the bracket still and it'll probably end up being an inconvenience to him, but I do have to work on Monday and I'd rather get home at a decent time because of that, so that's just a heads up.

That's about it.

D

Deleted member

Natural talent is a pretty huge factor, though. Sometimes it can overshadow all the hard work most people put into the game. Just look at Shugo.

Also, I feel that hard work in Melee pays off much more than in Brawl, just because Melee requires actual tech skill, not just natural talent.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Um...Shugo put in countless hours of work on wifi to become as good as he has, I was on the ladder back then to witness it myself. No one just "blossoms" from natural talent alone, and natural talent certainly isn't enough to propel someone to the top AND maintain their status at that level. I mean, just look at M2K...two years ago I couldn't even imagine half of the people who beat him now doing it back then, because he was so far ahead due to his years of experience and natural talent at the game. But it doesn't matter WHO you are, no one can just "ride the wave" forever. Those who work hard will eventually rise, and those who are at the top but still work hard to keep it (like Ally) will rightfully remain at the top, but those who slack off will eventually fall behind. Yes, natural talent is a factor worth considering, but I still feel that you severely underestimate the impact that old fashioned hard work and practice can have.

Even players like ADHD, although amazing at the game now, started out as a decent-above average player. He played a lot of wifi, attended offline tournaments more and more often, and perfected his craft over time to go from just decent to arguably being the best Diddy Kong in the world. He worked hard to get to the level that he's at now.

Also, from the perspective of someone who used to play Melee competitively...Brawl is easier to pick up at first than Melee is, but Brawl is much harder to pick back up/stay warmed up on than Melee is. Melee is like riding a bike, it never goes away once you learn it...just play a decent player to warm the fingers/mixups back up, and you're good to go. In Brawl, you must maintain a respectable level of consistency that I often feel is underrated after three years of metagame evolution, AS WELL AS think so much harder per match, per player, because Brawl is just that much more of a game that emphasizes on reads.

D

Deleted member

It's because of the fact that Brawl relies more heavily on reads that natural talent is such a big factor. Some people are just naturally better at reading their opponents than others.

And Shugo doesn't own a Wii anymore. How much practice do you think he gets in? He still does as great as ever in tourney.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Most players who are already good don't need to practice. They already have a great knowledge of the game. All they have to do is apply it. They don't get better though. This game isn't really hard to get rusty at. People just have a wrong way of practicing, or view of the game which is why they don't improve. Shugo already knows how to be good at the game and how to play it correctly, that's why even though he doesn't have a wii he still does good all the time.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Auspher- Meh, I'm still a strong advocate of hard work making a huge difference, so I'll just agree to disagree on that. As far as reading people goes...a lot of that can be fine tuned by conditioning yourself to make strict, precise reads. What holds a lot of people back is not their lack of natural talent, but their sheer hesitation in crunch time situations. If anything, I'd say that natural reaction time is a bigger factor than natural talent is, but there are methods to contend against those gifted with such reflexes as well. But yeah, hesitation is definitely something that separates the decent from the greats.

He doesn't get much practice anymore, but I'm sure that even he could acknowledge that he still dominates our state because, simply put...none of us are on his level yet. His out of state performances are as solid as ever which isn't surprising since most players around his level (Vinnie, Esam, etc.) really tend to kick it into high gear outside of state lines against all of the tough competition.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Kain- Shugo told me on the phone that he's rusty as ****. We'll arrive at Cinci Friday night before SiiS6 so we can practice against some Midwest-W people, so he'll be back up to speed within half an hour. He said he's hungry for that Apex stipend lmao.

D

Deleted member

KB, you could have edited that in, lol.

And hi Kain! Fancy seeing you here.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Would you pick me up if I'm at Brecksville? It would be easier on me and my family since I need to go pick up things i left from house for college. Man this is gonna be super pricey...what's hotel looking like? 20+20+hotel? + beadart? +25 food?

Bead

Smash Ace
Hey guys, long time.
I'll be moving back to Ohio and will be there Oct 3rd.
We have to play.
Smash withdraws kicking in.
~Bead
P.S. Who all is still NEOH? I know Argent moved away and Lokii is in PA

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Wait whuuuuut?

Duuuude I go back to Pittsburgh on the 2nd : (

Also, anyone wanna play this week? Im literally doing nothing at all AND I have the car. SiiS made me realize that this game is a serious addiction and I don't want to have to go back to dealing with my college friends who can't play well/the rare occasions that we actually bring Brawl to Pittsburgh smashfests :'(

Top Bottom