• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Back
And I missed walls of text.
I'm too lazy.

Laser tag is fun.

And we need a smashfest with an event soon.
Yeah.

<3 you guys /retreat high

edit: my 't' key decided it doesnt want to work today?
edit2: I wanna redo the front page again for fun. Anyone have any clever ideas?~
TRIPLE EDIT:
PARTY AT ONE OF THE NORTH OLMSTED PEOPLE'S HOUSES ON FRIDAY MAYBE POTENTIALLY (AKA Either Lokii's or Denzeh's) and by party i mean SUPER SWEET SMASHFEST OF AWESOME. WE NEED TO GET TY CHICK-FIL-A! And there is one behind my house. So yeah, this might happen. And yes. I'm still completely insane. THIS IS AWESOME

solecalibur

Smash Master
So i didnt go home this weekend so im still up for lazer tag or dave n busters and such (coming home this weekend)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
GOOD STUFF SOLE.
And yeah, event ideas.
They're needed.
But we srsly need to get Ty some Chick-Fil-A. Denzi and I have been meaning to for weeks xD

solecalibur

Smash Master
no chick-fli-a dont like the food =l and Im kinda glad i held off going home til this weekend since everything is working out better

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Psh, silly people. MVC3 is coming out soon. I think we can safely say nothing else matters. I wish the characters I like didn't look so bad though...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Well since you mentioned it Ill MVC3 MM next time we can

Ill be playing zss aka jill

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I try to do TL:DR but meh...ATM I'm sick, so don't expect an edit of it :p.
EDIT: oop, page hadn't reloaded so I didn't see the multitude of posts o.o.....
Laser tag is a good idea.
Hopefully I won't be sick next weekend....
FYI I HAVE COLLECTORS EDITION OF MvC3 ON 360 INC. WHEN I GET IT, I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO BRING THE CD (I have a rare limited edition 360. It is not leaving my house sorry :p) IF SOMEONE BRINGS A 360.
Melee Falco > Brawl Falco IMO. His combos are much more beautiful to watch in my opinion, although his technicalities are a ***** to learn for newbies...The only thing that makes Falco players dangerous in melee is the fact that they have SO MUCH technical skill in a lot of areas compared to other players...It can sometimes be frighteningly short if a Falco player works his magic well and consistently...Now if only we didn't have a ton and a half of falcos, marths, and foxs in the NEOH area, I'd be good. I swear, I can count on 1 or 2 hands the people who MAIN someone that isn't one of those 3, and its still 1-2 hands if you count the characters I've seen outside of those 3 in a semi legit match period for NEOH...NEOH needs more melee diversity :<.
I will definitely try the demo when I can if it's out soon/now then.

EDIT: ALSO, IF ANYONE ELSE HERE HANGS ON STEAM, I'M THINKIN OF STARTIN A NEOH STEAM GROUP IF ENOUGH PEOPLE WANT! More ways for us all to hang outside of smash fests n tournies. The community that games together (more often) stays together (longer) xD

EDIT: I will have a smash fest sort of dealio at my house the weekend MvC3 comes out, FYI. Come and see Feisty my painted turtle! Come and play MvC3! See the FF13 360! See what is probably the smallest house owned by a smasher in NEOH! I mean even Argent's apartment building is classier than mine for crying out loud!

EDIT: Hmm...If argent's willing and available actually...I may just bring my **** to his apartment and we'll have a smashfest at his place when MvC3 comes out.... It can probably hold more people too xD

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Soooo I might or might not be getting a tournament venue....stay tuned because I'll have news tomorrow.

And Infern ninjas me, just sayin'
Hi Infern!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well since you mentioned it Ill MVC3 MM next time we can

Ill be playing zss aka jill
In MVC or SSBB? I'll do either and probably lose both (I am sad that both VJoe and Deadpool look bad, considering they're going to make up 2/3 of my team. Might put the Okami wolf or Wesker as a 3rd, but not sure yet.)

solecalibur

Smash Master
In MVC or SSBB? I'll do either and probably lose both (I am sad that both VJoe and Deadpool look bad, considering they're going to make up 2/3 of my team. Might put the Okami wolf or Wesker as a 3rd, but not sure yet.)
weaker looks so amazing but both I suppose , I still need to learn how to air combo and such im so new to the game
but we still lose to

btw guise project M is outtt

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
LOL! That picture is so true!

And yeah, Wesker looks badass. It's going to take me a bit to get used to the game, but VJoe seems to still have the same comboes as in TVC, so he shouldn't be too hard to learn.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Smashfest confirmed for this friday if anyone is interested. Mum said okay xD We're dragging Ty to Chick-Fil-A, but there are MANY food places near my house.
Also, the event...what will it be this time?~

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm interested.

I also have pics of a venue that I can use in the basement of my apt building for a tourney sometime. In terms of location, I'm slightly south of Mentor where the first 8 or so Test Your Mights were held.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
This flu or whatever It is I have...is KICKING MY *** >.<. In bed ALL DAY today and most of yesterday. In and out of consciousness...Burning up like crazy both days....
Ugh...Ya know what...if it remains somewhat tomorrow (prob will) I'm goin to doctors...ugh @.@

EDIT: I don't think I've ever been legit bedridden like this when sick in AT LEAST 5 years if not longer....at least, not this long and this miserably >.<

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'll send out an info PM later for the smashfest

Also...I too have a venue or two~ Thank you youth group for being able to secure me 2 different church halls xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Church halls? Oh boy, let's hope Clowsui never loses a match at one of your tournies :laugh:

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
YAY! GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP! THE FIRST SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT! I am up for the smashfest. PM info please. I'll see if mother can take me. If she can't, is there anyone that could pick me up en route there?
Also, bye bead :<....I will treasure the 2 smashfests n 1 tournament we played together at T_T

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Be sure to visit, Bead. Hope everything goes well for ya out there.

For some reason, I picked up FF6 again. Last time I played it, I got stuck in you know who's castle. :p

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I've actually gotta play that...I know a lot of old timey FF people think 7 is overrated and 6 is best evar and I have wanted to try it but I've never really had a real URGE to yet...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hope so. I'll try it out when Links brings it over later today. I really want Ganon to be good, but then, Brawl Ganon with Melee engine *should* be amazing.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
On their site, http://projectm.smashmods.com/downloads.php
And fro, it's more like melee ganon with a melee/brawl engine mix. Tripping exists, landing detection doesn't really work with the melee skills/metagame/tricks...
IE: From reading on their site and their smash boards thread, they say it themselves; things like Marth's sh double fair, or falco's shff laser, among other things, aren't doable in project M due to brawl's landing detection being different. I'm bout to install it in a few n see how similar/different it is to the two, but I'm not goin in with high hopes with what they've already confirmed/stated :/....

Revven

FrankerZ
They are doable, just tighter in terms of getting them down consistently.

As far as Ganondorf is concerned, he is good if you give him time to get used to since he can't get some of his aerials as low to the ground as he can in Melee (landing detection). Side B makes a HUGE difference for him and helps a load for most of his match-ups. No, I didn't make Ganondorf, that was Magus + other people on the dev team.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I'll keep an eye on it, but in terms of a demo...Coulda done more or been allowed longer in dev. The only thing 'changed' for falco that I can really see is maybe sh and the obvious l-cancel n wavedashing. His utilt, his reflector, even his lasers don't seem changed. Marth is relatively unchanged, although that's a given as the only real change on him from melee to brawl was the range of his sword, and while the nerf (in my opinion) was a tad overkill, it doesn't really need changing and he's just been brought back a bit more to his melee form by wavedashing. The lack of a double fair without another sh via your mid air jump is going to affect his meta game, but then again he's not the only one. All characters are limited by that, so it'll make a unique metagame not like melee's or brawls, but a project m exclusive playstyle (hopefully)
Falcon seems a great deal like his melee counter part except for the hit detection of the knee sweet spot (though thats more a melee vs brawl thing than a fault of PM) and sometimes the SH being undetected.

Overall, coulda been better, but I do agree it shows potential. I'll keep an eye out, but right now...Meh :/. Granted, it is a demo and it is still in dev so I stress my opinion: Wait and see. If Young Link, Toon Link, Doc Mario, n Wolf are in the game eventually like I understand they hopefully will be (if you can get them in reasonably well or w/e it was you guys used to describe potential characters xd) hopefully by then it'll be much farther along in everything.

My only real gripes with it atm are hit detection/land detection, and a clunky sh :/. It feels nothing like the melee SH, and I don't think it's even like a brawl SH....sort of a horrible inbred child of the two >.>....Also had some weird issues with turning that haven't shown up in normal brawl play or melee. When I was falcon, I was thinkin 'I should pivot to grab this falco' while I was facing left shielding....so I tapped right and hit z...whats this falcon pivot grabbed to his left? Okay let's try again...and again...Musta gone like 3 or 4 times in a row with a second or 2 before each attempt :/...Also, more than a few times in my game with marth did I flick my cstick to the right...only for marth to fsmash to the left...More than a few times :/. *shrug* Dunno why, Just figured I'd let ya know.
EDIT: Also, unlike melee falcon, if I'm standing still and I sh nair and lean towards a direction, in melee falcon would move a few cm/inches/whatever. In PM...If he's still, he stays still...I dunno if that was in brawl as well or not but...bleh xP

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So friday smashfest.
I need a list of who is able to go/can maybe go.
Gonna send out a PM with all info tomorrowish.
Once again, when you get the PM, REPLY WITH YOUR FAVORITE BRAWL/MELEE CHARACTER. Same drill as last time, folks~

And we need to decide on an EVENT for this smashfest.

...Maybe I'll make this NEOH Valentines day themed to say thanks to you guys and gal (lol Rikku) for making this scene so amazingly amazing. Hmm...what does everyone think?

BUT YEAH. GO NEOH. WOOOO~

Suggestions so far:
Lasertag
Dave and Busters
Movies

Top Bottom