• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Higher boss difficulty.

Also, "Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Twilight Waker"
Higher overall difficulty would be nice, actually. I loved the epicness of TP, but it wasn't that hard at all.

I know it's just a typo, but I found "Orcarina" hilarious. Made me think of the Wind Fish. And the oracles. Awesome.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Higher overall difficulty would be nice, actually. I loved the epicness of TP, but it wasn't that hard at all.

I know it's just a typo, but I found "Orcarina" hilarious. Made me think of the Wind Fish. And the oracles. Awesome.
I noticed that too, it should have elements from seasons/ages, they were awesome too! They were magical to me.

Man I love zelda.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I interrupt this totally non-active thread to bring anyone who cares the best thing ever.

Go run through it, then tell me how awesome the final boss is, how cool Link is, and why somebody at Nintendo needs to hire Joakim Sandberg to make a full version of this on the DS.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Funny. I was just talking about Nintendo's future keynote with Spire over AIM like last night.

There's no way that Nintendo won't reveal a new Mario game (though whether or not it's a major entry in the series and not a spin-off... we don't know). Zelda will probably also get a reveal. I'm hoping for something with F-Zero and Star Fox, but knowing Nintendo lately, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Hopefully they'll announce a Future Zelda.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Legend of Princess is just the style game that we need for the franchise - a 2D (or 2.5D) platformer. Amazing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I added the fangame to the OP, because it's just too good to pass up. The ending boss fight is incredibly fun.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Princess is a stand-alone game, so no, there's no more of that (for now). It was made by one guy, who's site can be found here. If you liked Princess for more than just the fact that it's a Zelda game, both Noitu Love games that he's made are great games (1st one's free, the sequel's $10 but much better).

Currently he's working on a game called Solar Plexus, which has nothing to do with Metroid at all.

Darkslash said:
Nintendo is Keynoting this year. Last time they did that they revealed Phantom Hourglass? Pattern pl0x. Its been almost a year since E3 08, and I'm sure both Zelda and Mario teams have something done, plus a few other's from EAD *cough*starfox*cough*
Nintendo usually gives a "keynote" speech at GDC. The term "keynote" is kind of vague. Usually it just means the speech that gets the most publicity, and given that it's...well, a speech, that's not saying much.

Anyways, the last time Nintendo gave a keynote was in 2007, when Miyamoto revealed...the Check Mii Out Channel!! :bee:

And way back in '06, Iwata showed off Phantom Hourglass.

Personally I wouldn't bet the farm on GDC as any kind of important reveal spot for these big first person games. If we do get anything from them, it'll be like TP's 2004 trailer--more conceptual than any real display of what the actual game'll be like.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Personally I wouldn't bet the farm on GDC as any kind of important reveal spot for these big first person games. If we do get anything from them, it'll be like TP's 2004 trailer--more conceptual than any real display of what the actual game'll be like.
I'll take absolutely anything. I actually like the beta trailer(s) and screens from TP more than what made it into the final product. The vast, open Hyrule Field was beautiful. But yeah, they scrapped it for a zoned Hyrule "field(s)". Didn't like that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'll take absolutely anything. I actually like the beta trailer(s) and screens from TP more than what made it into the final product. The vast, open Hyrule Field was beautiful. But yeah, they scrapped it for a zoned Hyrule "field(s)". Didn't like that.
I think that was for practical reasons.

Did you notice how you can loop completely around Hyrule field without a load bar? Did you also notice the one odd part of Hyrule field next to Castle Town with a load time between it and the rest of the field?

I think that the sections were to mask load times for different parts of the field, so that one could circle Hyrule without pause.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think that was for practical reasons.

Did you notice how you can loop completely around Hyrule field without a load bar? Did you also notice the one odd part of Hyrule field next to Castle Town with a load time between it and the rest of the field?

I think that the sections were to mask load times for different parts of the field, so that one could circle Hyrule without pause.
LOL wind waker load time masker. The Ocean was also this huge load bar masker like the Intro scenes of Metroid Prime 3.

pikamon

Smash Ace
My only hope is that the next game steers a little away from the typical OoT clone that seems to be developing. They've basically told the same story 4 or 5 times now, using the same basic techniques (adding musical devices and wolves hardly qualifies as setting new boundaries). It's getting a little old.

I loved the SNES Zelda, and OoT was fantastic. I even enjoyed Wind Waker because it was so different. However, when TP came out, I couldn't help but feel like it was just a new, extended copy of OoT. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game and I enjoyed it, but I just felt like I'd done it all before, y'know?

Spire

III
BRoomer
My only hope is that the next game steers a little away from the typical OoT clone that seems to be developing. They've basically told the same story 4 or 5 times now, using the same basic techniques (adding musical devices and wolves hardly qualifies as setting new boundaries). It's getting a little old.

I loved the SNES Zelda, and OoT was fantastic. I even enjoyed Wind Waker because it was so different. However, when TP came out, I couldn't help but feel like it was just a new, extended copy of OoT. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game and I enjoyed it, but I just felt like I'd done it all before, y'know?
Can't disagree with you except for.... no, no, you covered the truth. The only people I've known that prefer TP to OoT (or MM or WW) are those that did not play those games prior to TP. Twilight Princess is a great Ocarina of Time clone, but not a great Zelda game.

Scott!

Smash Lord

TP was an awesome game, but it was very predictable and safe. What the series needs is a game that will be the equivalent of MM for TP. Something with a new story, possibly outside of Hyrule. If it is in Hyrule, it cannot just be another Link saves Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon deal again. We've had that in the original, ALttP, OoT, TP, and sort of in WW, though that was incredibly different too. But there is an obvious pattern in most Zelda games. Each on the above games has a sequel or followup that was something different. LoZ had AoL, ALttP had LA, OoT had MM, WW had PH. But TP doesn't have one... yet. My hope and prediction is that this is the project the Zelda team is working on. But we'll have to see.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord

No I disagree it was totally different.
Wolfs...New weapons.. New techniques...

Darkslash

Smash Master
TP was an awesome game, but it was very predictable and safe. What the series needs is a game that will be the equivalent of MM for TP. Something with a new story, possibly outside of Hyrule. If it is in Hyrule, it cannot just be another Link saves Zelda and Hyrule from Ganon deal again. We've had that in the original, ALttP, OoT, TP, and sort of in WW, though that was incredibly different too. But there is an obvious pattern in most Zelda games. Each on the above games has a sequel or followup that was something different. LoZ had AoL, ALttP had LA, OoT had MM, WW had PH. But TP doesn't have one... yet. My hope and prediction is that this is the project the Zelda team is working on. But we'll have to see.
Just don't be surprised and be surprised(Oxymoron?) when its a future setting. The Twilight time line, which Zelda fan members of this board, has discussed is the mechanized and the Industrial Revolution time line. Fire Arms(Auru portable man cannon), the City in the Sky and Fyers Transportation Canon, the Gear and water based Lakebed Temple, the highly industrial Goron Mines and other things. Being in a Steam Punk, Present day(our time) or Zelda Modern could make the next Zelda(Which I'm going to assume is the squeal to TP) the most unique Zelda since Ocarina of Time.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Just don't be surprised and be surprised(Oxymoron?) when its a future setting. The Twilight time line, which Zelda fan members of this board, has discussed is the mechanized and the Industrial Revolution time line. Fire Arms(Auru portable man cannon), the City in the Sky and Fyers Transportation Canon, the Gear and water based Lakebed Temple, the highly industrial Goron Mines and other things. Being in a Steam Punk, Present day(our time) or Zelda Modern could make the next Zelda(Which I'm going to assume is the squeal to TP) the most unique Zelda since Ocarina of Time.
Hm, that is a possibility. But I rather have my doubts. I kind of doubt that they would have such a revolutionary style change and not want the first experience we have of it be in the setting of the more standard type story. Kind of like WW. WW is essentially a so-called post-apocalyptic Zelda. And the first time they used that setting was in a retelling of the basic story. I would kind of expect them to do that again.

I do agree that Future Zelda would be well-placed in the TP timeline. I just don't think it would be the sequel to TP. Of course, they could just make Future Zelda and not have it be a sequel to TP at all. But I don't think the next game will be both a TP sequel and future Zelda. Every Zelda game pair uses the same Link for both. I don't think the world can develop enough for TP Link. So yeah.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Link is gonna the beta version 0.3.0 of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_T5LSSvVU

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion takes Super Mario Bros. 3, and expands it to include other playable characters, (Like sonic, tails, Wario, Link, and more!) more strange power ups, (It appears that there is a megaman armor and a master chief armor upgrade), as far as I know, v0.3 isn't out yet, but I've downloaded v0.2.5, actually, it's a lot of fun, (download it here http://mkfusion.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=3392), By all meas, this is a Mario game, but so far the mechanics for Link seem like they are gonna work out really well, it has some issues of course, but yeah.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like to think that Twilight Princess's sequel was Link's Crossbow Training so we can move on. Aonuma and Miyamoto stated that TP will be the last Zelda of its kind and that the series is taking a major twist in design (whether that applies to mechanics, style, or genre altogether, no one knows yet). That being said, I feel that it would be foolish to design a TP-sequel laced with the words "TP will be the last Zelda of its kind".

They've concluded the WW-PH saga, and the TP saga should be over now. This oh-so-amazing Zelda Wii needs to be something entirely new and different.

What they need to do is either a game chronicling The Great War (prior to OoT), The Great Flood (prior to WW), or in the future (awesome).

XACE-K

Smash Master
What they need to do is either a game chronicling The Great War (prior to OoT), The Great Flood (prior to WW), or in the future (awesome).
If a Zelda games was made based on those things, I would have a Zelda-gasm over it. That's how awesome it would be. Unless Nintendo messes it up somehow, than it would suck.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I like to think that Twilight Princess's sequel was Link's Crossbow Training so we can move on. Aonuma and Miyamoto stated that TP will be the last Zelda of its kind and that the series is taking a major twist in design (whether that applies to mechanics, style, or genre altogether, no one knows yet). That being said, I feel that it would be foolish to design a TP-sequel laced with the words "TP will be the last Zelda of its kind".

They've concluded the WW-PH saga, and the TP saga should be over now. This oh-so-amazing Zelda Wii needs to be something entirely new and different.

Ah, I wasn't thinking of Crossbow training like that. Dunno if a spinoff would count to fill the pattern, but you never know. I think TP could have a sequel that was both a sequel and a drastic style change. It doesn't have to have anything to do with TP except as a followup for that Link. I'm thinking of ALttP and LA, where LA was the same Link, but it had absolutely nothing to do with ALttP or the story arc in general.

(Unrelated, but whatever: a Link's Awakening remake on a console with 3D graphics and everything would be ridiculously amazing, and would own me. LA was my first, so yeah...)

Those ideas would be awesome, though. At first, the idea of Future Zelda gave me twitches and tics, since it's so far from what Zelda is. But the more I read about the idea, the more awesome, and even necessary it feels. I refuse to get my hopes up for that happening until I see something from Nintendo itself, though. It seems like too much to hope for.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I'm somewhat torn about posting in here. I mean, to me OoT will always be one of the best games of all time, but it's quite old, and there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. A lot. So, the Mods will probably close this soon. On the other hand, the Zelda Timeline Debate Thread, which housed all manner of Zelda-related discussion for several years, died awhile back, so it might not be a bad idea to adapt this topic to general Zelda discussion (assuming the previous threads have been completely removed by now). Hmmm, something for the creator of the thread to consider.

Anyhow, I'd like to weigh in on a few things. First of all, the realism vs. toon debate. It's a very old debate, but it's one that can actually be discussed rationally now, because there are no impending entries into the Zelda series to which fanboys are already dying to pledge their undying loyalty. Personally, I fall somewhere in the middle. Which is why I like OoT and Twilight Princess a lot more than Wind Waker (graphically). Because they're NOT realistic.
Anyone who believes they are should take a nice long look at some of the character models. Many of them have elongated faces, over-sized eyes, dispurportionate (sp?) bodies, ect. Now, granted, there are very few twilight imps I've met in my day, but I wouldn't expect them to have gigantic, unweildy heads like Midna does. Likewise, I don't know many wolves that look like Link did. Essentially what I'm saying is that the Zelda series has always had its base (arguably like many of the best games) in the grey area between cartoon and reality, and it combines elements of both to create something new. To make the characters photo-realistic (suchas Final Fantasy) or pure cartoon (suchas Wind Waker) eliminates part of what made the game what it was. In my personal opinion, the Cell-shading graphics of Wind Waker would have been far more suited to the Mario series, which leans far more towards the exagerated.

Also, to bring back an older subject, I too was first put off by the Water Temple. For almost a year, as I recall. I was just beginning to get back into video games again after a long absence, and at the time finishing OoT wasn't a huge priority. I got seriously stuck in the Water Temple, primarily because of having to constantly change the water level and re-explore the same areas, and I just got tired of it and turned it off. Then, about a year later, I realized I'd never beaten it (even though I'd seen it beaten several times, so I knew the story), and kept on through it like nothing had happened. Never got stuck in any of the other dungeons, never had trouble with it since.

Personally, I think the Achiles' heal of the Water Temple (
and the Water Temple in TP
) is the fact that you have to re-explore the same areas several times at different water levels. Personally, I prefer giant sprawling temples that are difficult, but you only have to go through once. I just got sick of the back-tracking.

I had more to say, but having to take a break in the middle to eat dinner tends to fog the brain a bit, so maybe later. In any case, that's my two rupees.

On a side note, Eriatarka, you might want to use spoiler tags for tips on Twilight Princess. It's been out long enough that you're probably safe, but you never know.
You pretty much covered me but i have to add that ALttP Water temple seems to me to be more complicated than that of the TP...

Oh and one more thing..... I personally dont believe that there is a timeline to zelda series..... they are all "Legends" of what really happened..... thats why they are all based on the same characters and many similar things like the triforce, the different temples, similar tales of how to obtain the master sword etc.... what zelda needs is a general sequel to the legend of zelda as a whole if u want a fresh idea.... all that people do is add unofficial speculations to try to logically explain how ganon returned, how the master sword kept being resealed, how link kept reincarnating.... i mean come on..... nothing truly makes sense..... for example ganon in the TP ending has clearly
DIED AND LOST THE TRIFORCE, but in the next zelda he is guaranteed to return

Darkslash

Smash Master
for example ganon in the TP ending has clearly
DIED AND LOST THE TRIFORCE, but in the next zelda he is guaranteed to return
The only way that could happen is that Ganon is reborn. In Phantom Hourglass he's dead. And I bet the next Zelda he's going to be reborn, if its another point in time.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Now I'm imagining all sorts of scenarios with Ganon being resurrected. Evil cults Link must track down. A desperate ruler in search of more power. Even a Future Zelda type thing where they have the technology to do it. Oh Zelda. This is the problem with discussing you. I want more. But I have class. Phooey.

Edit: 200th post. :D

pikamon

Smash Ace
According to the "plot" of all the games and what Nintendo has said about them, Gannon is never "reborn" like Link or Zelda, but he is always the same guy, trapped in another dimension or whatever, always escaping and whatnot. Every Link and Zelda in the games are descendants of the originals. I think Zelda 2 is the last in the series, where in the end Link and Zelda get married (the rest of the games, they are supposed to just be "friends").

I could be wrong, but I think that's how it is (or was originally) supposed to be.

Also, I would LOVE to see a steam-punk futuristic Zelda game. If any scenario could bring me back to loving this series like I did as a kid, that would be it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The only way that could happen is that Ganon is reborn. In Phantom Hourglass he's dead. And I bet the next Zelda he's going to be reborn, if its another point in time.
Now I'm imagining all sorts of scenarios with Ganon being resurrected. Evil cults Link must track down. A desperate ruler in search of more power. Even a Future Zelda type thing where they have the technology to do it. Oh Zelda. This is the problem with discussing you. I want more. But I have class. Phooey.

Edit: 200th post. :D
According to the "plot" of all the games and what Nintendo has said about them, Gannon is never "reborn" like Link or Zelda, but he is always the same guy, trapped in another dimension or whatever, always escaping and whatnot. Every Link and Zelda in the games are descendants of the originals. I think Zelda 2 is the last in the series, where in the end Link and Zelda get married (the rest of the games, they are supposed to just be "friends").

I could be wrong, but I think that's how it is (or was originally) supposed to be.

Also, I would LOVE to see a steam-punk futuristic Zelda game. If any scenario could bring me back to loving this series like I did as a kid, that would be it.
It is true that Ganon continues to be return again and again as the same being. I see Ganon not as a man or beast, but rather as a dark entity, a ghost, or a demon of a sort. He cannot rest as he is never pleased and never will be because of Link's continuous interception. "Ganon" continues to come back metaphysically in either man or beast form, whichever is more suitable.

But as oceanic-ice pointed out, the series really is just one story told over and over through different iterations. To really change The Legend of Zelda, the next game couldn't be a "Legend of Zelda" at all. I think Adventure of Link and to a lesser extent, Link's Crossbow Training, with their incredibly different mechanics, really show that Zelda can divert on a totally different path.

So I agree. The series needs a sequel to all of the "Legends of Zelda", a game that breaks all laws established thus far. A title not based around Link, Zelda, and Ganon (somewhat like AoL, LA, MM, PH, and to a lesser extent, the MC and FS/A games), not based around the Triforce at all (MM and PH), no Master Sword, no Hyrule, nothing that we've ever seen before. I think The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is truly the closest title to diverting from the "falsehood" of the Hyrulean Legends. In Termina, people referred to Hyrule (never spoken of directly) as the "heavenly world, far away", or in other words, a world that does not really exist.

We need a game in an entirely new world with entirely new characters (for the most part) and a completely different storyline and very altered game mechanics. Look at the Final Fantasy titles. Each game, despite carrying on sequential titles, is entirely different from the last in every way, and all are remarkable for their individuality. Final Fantasy went from fantasy to steampunk with FF6, to fantasy-modern with FF7, and to futuristic with FF8. Zelda needs to jump from fantasy-steampunk to futuristic right now. That's a surefire way to establish itself as a totally different game from every game thus far. On top of that, changing the aforementioned aspects would only further individualize it. Taking away "The Legend of Zelda" from the title would be the coup de grace (although a risky one at that).

Scott!

Smash Lord
It is true that Ganon continues to be return again and again as the same being. I see Ganon not as a man or beast, but rather as a dark entity, a ghost, or a demon of a sort. He cannot rest as he is never pleased and never will be because of Link's continuous interception. "Ganon" continues to come back metaphysically in either man or beast form, whichever is more suitable.

But as oceanic-ice pointed out, the series really is just one story told over and over through different iterations. To really change The Legend of Zelda, the next game couldn't be a "Legend of Zelda" at all. I think Adventure of Link and to a lesser extent, Link's Crossbow Training, with their incredibly different mechanics, really show that Zelda can divert on a totally different path.

So I agree. The series needs a sequel to all of the "Legends of Zelda", a game that breaks all laws established thus far. A title not based around Link, Zelda, and Ganon (somewhat like AoL, LA, MM, PH, and to a lesser extent, the MC and FS/A games), not based around the Triforce at all (MM and PH), no Master Sword, no Hyrule, nothing that we've ever seen before. I think The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is truly the closest title to diverting from the "falsehood" of the Hyrulean Legends. In Termina, people referred to Hyrule (never spoken of directly) as the "heavenly world, far away", or in other words, a world that does not really exist.

We need a game in an entirely new world with entirely new characters (for the most part) and a completely different storyline and very altered game mechanics. Look at the Final Fantasy titles. Each game, despite carrying on sequential titles, is entirely different from the last in every way, and all are remarkable for their individuality. Final Fantasy went from fantasy to steampunk with FF6, to fantasy-modern with FF7, and to futuristic with FF8. Zelda needs to jump from fantasy-steampunk to futuristic right now. That's a surefire way to establish itself as a totally different game from every game thus far. On top of that, changing the aforementioned aspects would only further individualize it. Taking away "The Legend of Zelda" from the title would be the coup de grace (although a risky one at that).
MM really did go the furthest from the formula, and it was amazing. We definitely need a game that departs at least that much, though more would be welcome. I'm not very familiar with the Final Fantasy games at all (just started 7 last summer, but I don't have a PS1 memory card..., and haven't played any others yet), so I can't comment too much on them. But I do agree that a similar style change would really breathe new life into the series.

I'm thinking a more steampunk feel would be appropriate for the next game, rather than a full-on future setting. I have a few reasons I'd like to see this. First off, I still subscribe to my theory of Zelda games coming in pairs, and I also don't think of Crossbow Training as counting as a sequel. I expect the next game to have the TP Link. Perhaps he'll take the path taken by many Links before him and leave Hyrule in search of adventure. I can really see him ending up in a much more advanced world. We could see themes of him being out of place, coming from a world the new one has far surpassed. I don't want to think to much in depth on the story, because anything else I come up with would just give me false expectations.

Also, I have a more selfish reason for not wanting the next Zelda as a full-on future Zelda. I want the next game to have as little to do with Hyrule, etc. as possible. But I want the Future Zelda to be a futuristic twist on the Link Zelda Ganon tale. These two are incompatible for the next game. But since I want the first thing more, it's what I hope for in the next game.

Also, the only thing I really disagree with is the removal of the "The Legend of Zelda" from the title. If you take out all of the familiar characters, locations, story, etc from the next game, replacing them with something new, then it's a Zelda game in name only. Take away the name, and it's not a Zelda game. Even Final Fantasy has the name. That's my reasoning on keeping the name.

Spire

III
BRoomer
MM really did go the furthest from the formula, and it was amazing. We definitely need a game that departs at least that much, though more would be welcome. I'm not very familiar with the Final Fantasy games at all (just started 7 last summer, but I don't have a PS1 memory card..., and haven't played any others yet), so I can't comment too much on them. But I do agree that a similar style change would really breathe new life into the series.

I'm thinking a more steampunk feel would be appropriate for the next game, rather than a full-on future setting. I have a few reasons I'd like to see this. First off, I still subscribe to my theory of Zelda games coming in pairs, and I also don't think of Crossbow Training as counting as a sequel. I expect the next game to have the TP Link. Perhaps he'll take the path taken by many Links before him and leave Hyrule in search of adventure. I can really see him ending up in a much more advanced world. We could see themes of him being out of place, coming from a world the new one has far surpassed. I don't want to think to much in depth on the story, because anything else I come up with would just give me false expectations.

Also, I have a more selfish reason for not wanting the next Zelda as a full-on future Zelda. I want the next game to have as little to do with Hyrule, etc. as possible. But I want the Future Zelda to be a futuristic twist on the Link Zelda Ganon tale. These two are incompatible for the next game. But since I want the first thing more, it's what I hope for in the next game.

Also, the only thing I really disagree with is the removal of the "The Legend of Zelda" from the title. If you take out all of the familiar characters, locations, story, etc from the next game, replacing them with something new, then it's a Zelda game in name only. Take away the name, and it's not a Zelda game. Even Final Fantasy has the name. That's my reasoning on keeping the name.
Hehe, of course, of course they couldn't realistically take out the title (hence why I said it last, and referred to it as risky). They would certainly have to substitute it with a "Link" title. Regardless, I don't feel it to be necessary at all.

But yes, your logic is great. Right before I read your post, I was thinking that TP Link could venture into another world (just as ALttP Link went to Koholint, OoT Link to Termina, and WW Link to the PH sea), one that would be far more advanced technologically, but also consist of entirely different elements - new types of geography, new denizens (races, monsters, etc), new items, and well -- new everything.

And I've discussed the idea of Future Zelda with many others on the boards before (Skyler, Mendez, Darkslash...) and we too have concluded that it would only be fitting in Hyrule, with Link, Zelda, and Ganon rendered futuristically. It's only fitting that such a leap would require the basic Zelda formula as a basis so as to note alienate fans.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hehe, of course, of course they couldn't realistically take out the title (hence why I said it last, and referred to it as risky). They would certainly have to substitute it with a "Link" title. Regardless, I don't feel it to be necessary at all.

But yes, your logic is great. Right before I read your post, I was thinking that TP Link could venture into another world (just as ALttP Link went to Koholint, OoT Link to Termina, and WW Link to the PH sea), one that would be far more advanced technologically, but also consist of entirely different elements - new types of geography, new denizens (races, monsters, etc), new items, and well -- new everything.

And I've discussed the idea of Future Zelda with many others on the boards before (Skyler, Mendez, Darkslash...) and we too have concluded that it would only be fitting in Hyrule, with Link, Zelda, and Ganon rendered futuristically. It's only fitting that such a leap would require the basic Zelda formula as a basis so as to note alienate fans.
New geography... not sure why I never thought much about that. I mean, I've always pretty much accepted the standard stuff. And they have varied it decently well. But of course there's always room for more, and some things haven't gotten as much treatment as they could. I know I want a realistically large city. I mean, they describe Hyrule as a nation, but it's had a population of like what, 150? I'm just wildly guessing, based on TP. That seems a bit... small. As much as TP increased the scale, it needs more, I think.

New races are probably needed, since they've gotten a lot of wear out of the Zoras and Gorons especially. I wouldn't mind seeing more Rito, since they've only shown up in the WW world. They could be awesome with a more realistic rendering.

I always love new items, though I'd rather have good versions of classics well-implemented in the game rather than new items that don't get much use after their dungeon. (Spinner, I'm looking at you.) But new ones would be much appreciated. In a more technological world, a lot is possible. I have two solemn desires. One is a hook/claw shot + grappling hook hybrid. Essentially, a hookshot that you can climb and swing from. The other is the return of the Fire Rod circa LA. That thing was beastly and a lot of fun.

It's kind of funny how I came to pretty much the same conclusion as the rest of the discussion on my own in a couple days. Which means, if two groups/people can reach the same conclusion, maybe Nintendo can reach the same one too. I can dream, at least.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice

well thats not exactly what i meant.... i dont think making a random world and throwing link in is really gonna help.... It could even remain in hyrule as long as there is DIRECT Continue from where the story was left over.....it could even feature the same characters but not with the same plot....i mean what about if Zelda WASNT ACTUALLY CAPTURED AGAIN?..... i know i know..... im just dreaming..... but what if they found out for example that the world of hyrule has been connected with the twilight realm so when
midna broke the TMirror
the worlds started getting apart which would result in complete destruction of the worlds...... or if
the sols had never been returned to the TR so that realm would be destroyed
and link ALONG with Zelda (key word along = new gameplay with zelda's powers) had to forge a new
Twilight Mirror
or something to prevend this stuff.... and ganon while not physically back takes advantage of the situation so if the two realms are destroyed this way...well i dont know.... perhaps he consumes the TR to make a powerfull body and rules the ruined world of hyrule? here u got AN EXAMPLE of what i mean to continuie the story and not repeat it with another way, keep the characters and the backround and JUST continue it.......so simple...... like a The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 2

Sidenote: as an extra bonus i added AN EXAMPLE of how interestingly they could take the new plot to their advantage to create new gameplay (only if zelda didnt need rescuing could this be managed)

and besides MM plot was also good and inspiring

It's kind of funny how I came to pretty much the same conclusion as the rest of the discussion on my own in a couple days. Which means, if two groups/people can reach the same conclusion, maybe Nintendo can reach the same one too. I can dream, at least.
u shouldnt forget though that wat u and the rest thread have in common is that ur both casuals that think of ways in which the game would be better....

but nintendo differs in many facts.... for example they cant risk ruining the game, miyamoto is the creator and maybe he wont wanna change his current ideas or the imagination he had of how the game would be, it may be harder to make a game giving u the sense of LoZ while its practically a 90% different thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom