• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hahaha. ZREO. Nice. I don't think it's been posted in this thread yet, but I've been introduced to it through Spire III.

I probably should put that in the OP...

Anyway, finishing both OoT and MM are good and all, but they aren't required to understand TP if that's what you're worried about. But, you still should give all three a complete play through.

TheLinkus

Smash Cadet
Anyway, finishing both OoT and MM are good and all, but they aren't required to understand TP if that's what you're worried about. But, you still should give all three a complete play through.
I know they're not required to understand it, but I just wanted to do that so I really get the Zelda experience, if you know what I mean. ;)

I like the music, MASAHIROx, I'm looking foreward to playing the game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have TP, but have resolved to finish Oot and Majora's Mask before I play it. I really love those games; and I think this will be my favourite tread from now on. For those of you who like the music, go to this website, you can listen to them or download them. (I hope someone hasn't already posted this link)

http://www.zreomusic.com/index.php
Yeah, ZREO is infinitely awesome. I've been following them for almost a year now.

Well, you seem to be choosing between either playing TP, or OoT/MM (you should definitely play both together). I cannot suggest which to start with, as both are wonderful experiences. I see Twilight Princess to be a modernized rendition of a cross between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, with strong influences from Majora's Mask. It shares many of the concepts that those games held, yet executes them very differently. Here's how I see the Zelda games in relative scale:

- Ocarina of Time
is the most magical, fable-like title of the series, and like fables often do, is told by many non-humans.

- Majora's Mask is easily the darkest and most human of the series; closer to our world than any of the other games.

- Wind Waker, while being a great experience, is like a child's story. It is the most lighthearted of the [console] titles, and hence, is more of a passive children's story. I'd shy from calling it even, a fairytale, as the connotations it brings do not match with that seen in WW.

- Twilight Princess is the most epic, encompassing an enormous Hyrule, with powerful elements derived from all of its previous titles - and overcoming the journey and defeating those which threaten the land is far more glorious than any of the other titles. While it is not perfect, the following title fits it better than any other title in the series: "The Epic of Zelda".

I hope that Twilight Princess will be infinitely surpassed in the next game.

TheLinkus

Smash Cadet
Well, I've already started Oot, actually, I'm almost done with it. So, do you think I should play MM or TP next?

CloudGer

Smash Rookie
I just started to play TP for Wii one week ago (yeah **** late...) and I'm enjoying it so far. Although there's not that much new stuff I still think they introduced some nice things like fighting while riding Epona for example.
I can't say if I like it better than OoT (which I loved) since I haven't had much time to play it, but at least I'm sure that it's a great game and I think I'm going to enjoy it till the end.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just started to play TP for Wii one week ago (yeah **** late...) and I'm enjoying it so far. Although there's not that much new stuff I still think they introduced some nice things like fighting while riding Epona for example.
I can't say if I like it better than OoT (which I loved) since I haven't had much time to play it, but at least I'm sure that it's a great game and I think I'm going to enjoy it till the end.
Yeah, totally mang. It's a great game (albeit easy), and while it does not meet all of OoT's standards, it certainly introduces many things that you wish were in that N64 gem.

I'm thinking of replaying TP soon for the sake of re-experiencing some of the beautiful areas in the game. The first half of the game feels like a new rendition of OoT, but after the 4th dungeon, it becomes something entirely different, and I loved it immensely for that.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
We need to talk about Majora's Mask.

What do you guys think the origin of the Majora's Mask is?

Spire

III
BRoomer
We need to talk about Majora's Mask.

What do you guys think the origin of the Majora's Mask is?
I'm almost certain I've covered it, but I'll go for it again.

My beliefs are that the Sheikah created the Fused Shadow, and that their Terminian counterparts (probably the Ikana) created Majora's Mask (if not, they found Majora's Mask and created the Stone Tower Temple as a place to protect and worship it).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why doesn't Nintendo just make a Legend of Zelda history book?

They would sell millions, and it would clear all this up.

Of course, if there is no coherent history because the Legend of Zelda theme is that it is a legend retold dozens of different ways, that might not work.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Nintendo them selves are trying to piece it together. Anomura and Miyamoto had some trouble asking which 100 years does Wind Waker take place. So its up to the fans.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Of course, if there is no coherent history because the Legend of Zelda theme is that it is a legend retold dozens of different ways, that might not work.
I'd love a LoZ History book, but I'm also relieved to see that you, too, recognize their true reluctance to placing the games in any particular order as each is a reiteration of the previous. I enjoy studying the relations between the games as a means of figuring out why such concepts were implemented into the series.

Placing the games in a timeline is pointless.

Alzi

Smash Master

That would be good but we would have to wait until they have ended the legend of zelda and that might be ages away.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Originally Posted by British Official Nintendo Magazine
In Issue 37 of the British Official Nintendo Magazine, released November 21, 2008, it is stated that "the teams [are] still in the planning stages" and that "we wouldn't expect to see or hear anything more until the E3 event next summer at the earliest", though "[e]ven that may be optimistic". However, the magazine says that "we WILL know something in 2009 [about the title]".
Okay, that's some relieving news. It's to be half-expected already, but at least Nintendo has given in to our needs and will provide us with information/screens within this year.

Just another idea... if Zelda jumps to a future setting, I would love for Koji Kondo to work with Vangelis to score it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The youtube video was a fake. Though, making Epona a motorcycle would be the most likely replacement.

I still want Future Zelda to happen. I think it's the best way to re-create the series and show that the legend truly lasts for all time. And, the medieval setting is getting boring.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True, can I imagine Link in a future setting? Hopefully he would still use a sword, and bow. Maybe it'd be like Water World. It seemed as if it was in the past but it was further ahead, heh.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The youtube video was a fake. Though, making Epona a motorcycle would be the most likely replacement.

I still want Future Zelda to happen. I think it's the best way to re-create the series and show that the legend truly lasts for all time. And, the medieval setting is getting boring.
Medevil Legend of Zelda=World War 2 Call of duty?

Seriously I want to see a Beam Katana in a Zelda, or some thing similar.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
If you're getting bored of the classic Zelda setting then you shouldn't play them anyway.

They are great games and taking them to the future would be completely destroying it.

That's like making a new Starcraft game in the past way before space travel.

Darkslash

Smash Master
If you're getting bored of the classic Zelda setting then you shouldn't play them anyway.

They are great games and taking them to the future would be completely destroying it.

We aren't getting bored. Its just getting tiresome that we've been using the same setting for over 30 years. Setting it in the future would opt to some pretty new tech. Hover boots that hover(lol), a Beam Katana type weapon(so it doesn't blantly copy the lightsaber), and that the Legend still lives on.

Plus a Star Craft Game before Time Travel=Age of empires.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Truth, truth, truth.
True, can I imagine Link in a future setting? Hopefully he would still use a sword, and bow. Maybe it'd be like Water World. It seemed as if it was in the past but it was further ahead, heh.
Water World = Wind Waker ;)

Starcraft in the past = Warcraft. Both are awesome, but Starcraft is far better (does this mean that future Zelda would be better? Yes).

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
A futuristic Zelda Actually Sounds Like a really good idea. It worked out really well for Final Fantasy.

Though I honestly think to best way to reinvent the Zelda franchise would be to expand it into another genre. Hey, Mario got a bunch of Role-Playing Games and sports spin-offs. For Zelda, perhaps there should be a Real Time Strategy. You could put the forces of Hyrule (an alliance of Hylians, Gorons, and Zoras) up against the legions of Darkness (A whole bunch of enemies throughout the Zelda games organized into a single army, such as Wizzrobes, Darknuts, and so on). Also during the game you could call a hero into battle (such as Link, Zelda or Ganondorf) to get your army a unique hero specific bonus, (for instance, of you summon Ganondorf, your army deals more damage to reflect his lust for power.)

I never played Link's Crossbow Training because it was only a shooting gallery, maybe if multiplayer was included that looked like This...

...a Zelda FPS might be kinda fun
or at least unbelievably funny.

Spire

III
BRoomer
A futuristic Zelda Actually Sounds Like a really good idea. It worked out really well for Final Fantasy.

Though I honestly think to best way to reinvent the Zelda franchise would be to expand it into another genre. Hey, Mario got a bunch of Role-Playing Games and sports spin-offs. For Zelda, perhaps there should be a Real Time Strategy. You could put the forces of Hyrule (an alliance of Hylians, Gorons, and Zoras) up against the legions of Darkness (A whole bunch of enemies throughout the Zelda games organized into a single army, such as Wizzrobes, Darknuts, and so on). Also during the game you could call a hero into battle (such as Link, Zelda or Ganondorf) to get your army a unique hero specific bonus, (for instance, of you summon Ganondorf, your army deals more damage to reflect his lust for power.)

I never played Link's Crossbow Training because it was only a shooting gallery, maybe if multiplayer was included that looked like This...

...a Zelda FPS might be kinda fun
or at least unbelievably funny.
Why stop at a single-genre game? Inspired by the Star Wars: Battlefront series, why not have a RTS/platform-shooter type game? That would be enormously epic. It could be based either before OoT, chronicling "The Great War", or sometime in the future during perhaps "The Second Great War", where all of the races are fighting once again. You could play as a number of legions:

- Hylians
- Goron
- Zora
- Gerudo
- Sheikah

... and any number of others. It would be, in my opinion, the best game ever. Oh, and if the game included both a story mode that is actually based in an enormous Hyrule, where the player has complete freedom to roam around, engaging in these "battlefront" missions along the main quest while also having the complete freedom to do sidequests and infinite extra exploring, ALONG with a multiplayer/battle mode that can be accessed from the main menu, whoooooooooooooooooo. Best game ever.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
It'd definitely be interesting to see how that would turn out, but as long as I can play as a shiekah Shadow Priest or a Shiekah Assassin, it'd would certainly contain awesome. There could also be a marksman type class that could be an effective sniper with the bow and arrow a more melee oriented class that could be more durable, but restricted to close combat. A ranger that effective in melee and at a distance, but not as good as the more specialized classes, a sage whose magic is uniquely tailored to each races unique attributes, and specialty units available only to the different races.

And for story, of course they'd have to create a whole new cast of characters, but that would definitely be a good thing actually.

Another thing they could do is make another game like Zelda II, (a lot more Role Playing and Platforming Elements), that would definitely be interesting to say the least.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Another thing they could do is make another game like Zelda II, (a lot more Role Playing and Platforming Elements), that would definitely be interesting to say the least.
Oh, definitely. While SSE was lackluster, playing as Link in a 2.5D platformer was awesome, and I'd love to do so in a Metroidvania-type Zelda game.

Scott!

Smash Lord
How about a Zelda RPG? I'm in the process of playing Kingdom Hearts (dunno how it took this long to get it, but whatever), and I think a similar mechanic might work out decently well. The battle system is already a lot like Zelda, with enemies spawning in the playing area rather than in separate battles. The lock-on system is just Z-Targeting at its core already. All Zelda would need is the experience aspect, really. Link would get stronger by leveling up, and perhaps weapon experience could be involved. Using the sword a lot lets it level up as well. Same with the other weapons. Arrows, Boomerang, Hookshot, etc. Perhaps new moves with each could be unlocked with enough use/levels. The hookshot could get longer with levels, stuff like that. There's potential there, I think.

Darkslash

Smash Master
While a Zelda FPS would be Fun
ny
The only Nintendo Series i can actually think would go to be a good FPS franchise would be Metroid's Marines.

Weapon Levels sound good, but what if Link just gets a new sword like in the regular games? Like you start off with the Wooden Sword(Kingdom Blade) and end with the Master Sword(Ultima Weapon duh) and weapons such as the Ordon Sword and Razor sword in between.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A Zelda RTS would be the best spin-off, in my opinion. If the others in the Stone Tower Temple usergroup don't mind, I'll just repost the discussion of it here.

A Zelda MMORPG > a Zelda RPG any day. I've always wanted to play as a Goron.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would want to be a Zora. Yes, I want to see lots of White Wolfos's in it, then. Seriously, make it as awesome as OoT, but harder (since you might be with some friends.)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Playing as the Zora in Majora's Mask was so fun. I wouldn't mind an entire game like that at all.

But I'd rather play as Sheik. For the entire game. It would be too good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
About five, I think. Not including Ganon's Hideout, so that'll be six.

Also worry about all the sailing. ;3

Yeah I loved playing as the Zora in MM. Of course, my favorite was the Scrub, he was so awesome, and cute. I loved the song of healing. SO EPIC SOUNDING. I wish I had it on my iPOD.

Scott!

Smash Lord
About five, I think. Not including Ganon's Hideout, so that'll be six.

Also worry about all the sailing. ;3

Yeah I loved playing as the Zora in MM. Of course, my favorite was the Scrub, he was so awesome, and cute. I loved the song of healing. SO EPIC SOUNDING. I wish I had it on my iPOD.
But... the sailing was a lot of fun! Sure, there were times I wanted to get places faster, but the sailing was often relaxing. And only a select few songs from all of the Zelda canon, such as the main theme, Ballad of the Wind Fish, and maybe another (?), make me happier than the Great Ocean track.

And the Song of Healing was the best new song from MM. Humming it to myself and thinking of the scenes with the piano arrangement of it, like the scene with all the Gorons cheering for Darmani, or the Music Box family, are enough to make me want to run out and find my copy of the GC Collector's Edition to finish my replay of the game. It's so incredibly good. Those scenes always, always get me.

arfer

Smash Cadet
yeah, personally I thought MM > OoT. All the npc's actually had some personality, and I thought that was nice

Alzi

Smash Master
Meleeruler you should of picked up windwaker ages ago it's one of the best zelda games on my list. The sailing is what makes it so fun aswell.

We might be seeing a new zelda near the end of 2009 seems like it.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is there a part on MM near the beginning were you see all these children in a field, and you start in a little town square which may have had a clock tower, or am I thinking of an entirely different game. I really enjoyed it, even though I only played it for a few minutes.

Anyway, I only have 2 Zelda games- OoT, and Crossbow Training, and I like them both, but if the game I am thinking of is MM, then I may get it if it ever comes out on VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom