• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
I guess you are thinking of MM. At the start you see skull kid etc then you fall off you're horse then you go to the part in town where theres a massive clock tower.

You can always get the limited edition pack on gamecube that comes with zelda, zelda 2, Oot, MM and comes with a demo of wind waker all in that one disc. Although the Majoras mask one lags and glitches in some areas of the game.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I guess you are thinking of MM. At the start you see skull kid etc then you fall off you're horse then you go to the part in town where theres a massive clock tower.

You can always get the limited edition pack on gamecube that comes with zelda, zelda 2, Oot, MM and comes with a demo of wind waker all in that one disc. Although the Majoras mask one lags and glitches in some areas of the game.
Ahh.. thank you. I may wait for them to release MM on VC, because then I'd have the two N64 versions on my Wii.

Ocarina of Time is too difficult- I'm stuck at the Dodongo Cave XD.
It took me forever to figure out what I had to do to get into the big Goron's room, as I thought you had to jump off the top, and slam your sword down into the mat.

I'm so not looking forward to Water Temple...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Hey guys remember when Miyamoto said he was going to make Zelda "Casual Friendly" well before you get that painful memory out take a look at this

http://kotaku.com/5127251/nintendo-kind-code-patent-a-potentially-paradigm-shift-in-design

Hopefully this will signal the return of Forest Temple type dungeons and still keep the casuals happy.
Horrible idea.

It's like implementing gameshark into the game. "can't beat a puzzle? let it play for you and pickup the easy part" the On and Off thing helps a bit.. but still. the storyline must be **** good if it wants to be up there with OoT.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Ahh.. thank you. I may wait for them to release MM on VC, because then I'd have the two N64 versions on my Wii.

Ocarina of Time is too difficult- I'm stuck at the Dodongo Cave XD.
It took me forever to figure out what I had to do to get into the big Goron's room, as I thought you had to jump off the top, and slam your sword down into the mat.

I'm so not looking forward to Water Temple...
Hey, you're like me, bad at Zelda. I've managed to get to the Shadow Temple and I can tell you that the Water Temple is definitely way overhyped. Don't worry about it too much, just worry about whatever you're on right now. :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hey, you're like me, bad at Zelda. I've managed to get to the Shadow Temple and I can tell you that the Water Temple is definitely way overhyped. Don't worry about it too much, just worry about whatever you're on right now. :p
I managed to get to the part were you fall down that hole in the old tree before becoming stuck :laugh:. That's how good I am XD.

Anyway, I've not played it in a few months. I know I need to get 3 gem things, and I'm guessing that's when I get to play as adult Link, and ride Epona.

Alzi

Smash Master
Hey guys remember when Miyamoto said he was going to make Zelda "Casual Friendly" well before you get that painful memory out take a look at this

http://kotaku.com/5127251/nintendo-kind-code-patent-a-potentially-paradigm-shift-in-design

Hopefully this will signal the return of Forest Temple type dungeons and still keep the casuals happy.
I saw this on another forum expect a diffrent site was showing it. Really intresting to read it. Anyway i don't mind what they do i just want a new zelda to play.

I really want a boxed majoras mask game i might tell a friend to get it for me off ebay hopefully. I only played it when i was small other cousins house. I still have Oot and i find it better to play on the gamecube with that limited edition gamecube one that came with windwaker. Water Temple is proberly the most annoying temple in the whole game. If you stay calm and smart through the whole temple you will make it through with ease.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

This has to be the stupidest so-called 'innovation' to ever come out in video game history.

If Nintendo even dares to foul any of my games with this trash I am not going to buy any of their games again.

Scott!

Smash Lord

This worries me. A lot. Not for the sake of the games, but for the gamers. Is this what gamers have become? Maybe it's a shifting/growing demographic, but I don't know. Back in the old days, games were a challenge, and winning a reward. Gamers are getting lazier. Ugh.

But then I think of the potential. As long as this stuff is COMPLETELY unobtrusive, and I don't see it at all ever unless I want to, it could mean that the games will get harder again. I welcome that challenge, especially in Zelda games. I've only needed outside help in Zelda twice. Once in LA in the Bottle Grotto. I didn't understand the room which the stone slab hint referred to. "First defeat the imprisoned Pols Voice. Last, Stalfos." Of course, I didn't know what anything was called then. I was also like 7. The other time was in OoT, in Jabu-Jabu, carrying Ruto around. In one room, you had to throw her up onto a ledge. I tried and tried, and failed, so I thought I'd missed something. Nope; I just sucked at throwing fish-girls.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. If you guys could give me links to some current Zelda user groups, I'll throw them up in the OP because as of now, it's incredibly lacking.

And I also want to show off the STT's clear superiority to every other Zelda usergroup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Lets hope the casuals aren't too casual. xD I have a friend who got a headache from playing Paper Mario: Thousand year door, and she was still in the first chapter. D:

I also want a challenge from Zelda. Maybe, nintendo should make two versions, haha. xD Hardcore, casual. Just kidding... No mercy for casuals! Keep zelda challenging and frustrating so I could feel acomplished. Of course let it be fun as well.

Only time I needed help with zelda, was in the Deku Tree in Oot, seriously.

Haha, I never knew I was supposed to move the block to get to the lower torch to use a stick to eliminate the web to get to the boss. Instead, I always tried jumping from the block to the nearest torch, which was high up. Sometimes I missed and fell to the right, having to go through the few rooms to get up there again. D:

That was so frustrating, but that was it. I got stuck two more times, but I never refferred to any guides, and I am proud. Instead, random mistakes helped me pass through those times.

==================================================

About a futuristic setting for Loz:

I wouldn't mind having a futuristic setting. I would just hope its really really epic. Maybe its time we moved on, or not. Of that, I am not sure. Of course, you should all know it would be futuristic, but still in the world of Hyrule.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I also want a challenge from Zelda. Maybe, nintendo should make two versions, haha. xD Hardcore, casual. Just kidding... No mercy for casuals! Keep zelda challenging and frustrating so I could feel acomplished. Of course let it be fun as well.
Actually, the first Legend of Zelda essentially had two versions, the first quest was moderately-hard the second quest was (IMO) the hardest Zelda game out there. I'm not counting on Nintendo doing anything like that again in the future though :ohwell:.

As far as this kind code thing goes, I kinda doubt it will really help casual players anyway, somethings they just might not have the hand eye coordination or timing to do.

========

Also how would you rate the Zelda games as far as their difficulty goes.

For me I'd have to say:

Way too easy ------- Phantom Hourglass
Easy, but still fun ---- Twilight Princess, Wind Waker
Moderately Easy ----- The Minish Cap, All Four Swords Stuff
Moderate ------------- Oracle of Ages/Seasons, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening
Moderately Hard ----- Legend of Zelda (first quest), Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Hard ------------------ Master Quest (really only slight harder than OoT), Zelda II
The Hardest ----------Legend of Zelda (second quest)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm stuck in Dodgongo's Cavern in Master Quest.

It sucks. I think it's just me missing something obvious, though.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You think that Zelda should remove the "Rule of 3"? Unless its insanely hard to hit the boss, the rule of 3 just makes a boss easy. Should Bosses have an HP bar? No More Heroes had simple boss patterns similar to LoZ's but the boss were hard becuase of the HP bar and those patterns could randomly start any time to mix things up.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm stuck in Dodgongo's Cavern in Master Quest.

It sucks. I think it's just me missing something obvious, though.
Just wait until you get to the Spirit Temple. I was seriously stumped for a while.

I'm sure this must have come up in the pages of discussion here (this is actually my first time in this thread), but what's everyone's opinion of Majora's Mask?

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a health bar, Zelda II had bosses with a health bar as I recall. The big vulnerability though is the fact that the bosses are pattern based. A health bar would make it different, but I'm not seeing how it would become any harder.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Majora's mask was great. I think the bosses were a little harder, which was great. I loved getting all the masks, and especially turning that scientist obsessed with mummies back to his original self.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask is most often my second favorite Zelda after OoT, which will probably never drop. But Majora is so amazingly perfect in so many ways. I thoroughly enjoy the story, the dungeons, the bosses, getting and using the masks, and helping everyone. It perfects the side quest as only a Zelda game can, and makes them feel relevant, too. Finishing my little notebook was one of the most fulfilling things I've done in a game, more so than beating the game itself. Saving the ranch, healing the mummy man, reuniting Anju and Kafei, releasing the souls of Darmani and the Zora rock dude, all that. I always wanted to help the Deku butler, though. That whole thing about his son, and that tree at the beginning, it makes me sad each time I replay the game and find it there. Few games get me so attached to so many characters. Purely perfect.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
hey do you know in the past in oot when you go to the village you see a lady with a red hair and the chicken when you kill the chickens the chickens attack you alot of them do you remember in the past

Spire

III
BRoomer
hey do you know in the past in oot when you go to the village you see a lady with a red hair and the chicken when you kill the chickens the chickens attack you alot of them do you remember in the past
no i dont remember in the past the red hair lady in the village with chickens in oot that attack you when you kill them i dont remember in the past

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The Kind Code thread should be of interest to Zelda fans. Sketches from the patent concerning it's implementation are blatant evidence that this system is intended for the next Zelda game.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215184

Well so far, it's safe to say that this thing will be optional. And maybe even a return of harder games again without casuals whining about difficulty.

I just hope it doesn't become so simple that someone actually has a problem of putting a square block into a square hole.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Kind Code thread should be of interest to Zelda fans. Sketches from the patent concerning it's implementation are blatant evidence that this system is intended for the next Zelda game.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215184

I posted it here a few minutes/hours after GreenKirby posted it :p

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just wait until you get to the Spirit Temple. I was seriously stumped for a while.
Well, it can only get harder from here. It's still pretty fun, though.

I'm sure this must have come up in the pages of discussion here (this is actually my first time in this thread), but what's everyone's opinion of Majora's Mask?
We generally hang you by the neck until dead if you say anything against Majora's Mask.

@Rule of three (forgot to multi-quote)

Three hits are too easy for some bosses, but are fine for others. I think Nintendo should just make bosses hit harder.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Three hits are too easy for some bosses, but are fine for others. I think Nintendo should just make bosses hit harder.
Thats the thing. Some of the bosses in the Legend of Zelda are some of the most epic(with leagues with Homers epics) with one problem. 3 hits 3 times and they're dead. I mean thats way to quick. Some bosses need a Heath bar so the adrenaline gets pumping and the palms get sweaty and your hearts beating.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
We generally hang you by the neck until dead if you say anything against Majora's Mask.
I liked it better than OOT. :O

It was hard. I liked WW the most still.

And.. really.. now that it's up, what's everyones opinion on WW?

I liked it for the surroundings, storyline, and fun boss fights. Complex dungeons barely existed. The only one I found hard was the Wind Temple.

Best Zelda game ever still imo. Better than any that I've played which has been a lot..

Scott!

Smash Lord
Wind Waker is a great game. It doesn't beat the N64 ones for me, but only barely. I'd put it third to them on my list, I think. I thought it was decent, but once I got to the room in the castle with the stained glass, I loved it. Not sure why, but seeing all my old favorite characters was an epic moment for me. I then loved the rest of the game, though it needed more dungeons. It had a nice set of items, including new ones like the awesomeness of the grapple hook and Deku leaf. Love it.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Lets hope the new Zelda that is confirmed can live up to the Zelda name and not suffer any CASUALties.No offense.

Alzi

Smash Master
Wind Waker is a great game. It doesn't beat the N64 ones for me, but only barely. I'd put it third to them on my list, I think. I thought it was decent, but once I got to the room in the castle with the stained glass, I loved it. Not sure why, but seeing all my old favorite characters was an epic moment for me. I then loved the rest of the game, though it needed more dungeons. It had a nice set of items, including new ones like the awesomeness of the grapple hook and Deku leaf. Love it.
It could of done with more dungeons but all the sailing made up for it and extra islands you could visit to search for other items. Deku Leaf helped me in so many places hahaha.

I loved the gannon fights they were fun too. Personally first time i played this i was young and i was stuck on how to enter the last two temples but i figured it out eventually and thats when the game got more fun for me. The triforce shards are a pain to collect aswell.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I loved the music in Wind Waker.

Personally I thought sailing around was boring, but the music is just epic.
Awesome Music

Here's the music for dragon roost island.
more awesome music

Of course, the whole franchise contains music that is pure awesome.
Though WW has my favorite music of the franchise, I still have to say that there are several other Zelda games that I like more.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Heh, people always say getting the Triforce pieces was annoying in Wind Waker, but I enjoyed it. I, being driven by the plot to not take many detours, finally had the chance to just explore everywhere. I actually really enjoyed that stage of the game.

Speaking of Wind Waker, I'm curious. How well has everyone done oon their quest to get all the models made in that cave? I'm well over half, and fairly recently finished Windfall, which was a doozy. It's tedious, but I enjoy it too. It makes sure you've been EVERYWHERE in the game that anyone could possibly go.

Alzi

Smash Master
Speaking of Wind Waker, I'm curious. How well has everyone done oon their quest to get all the models made in that cave? I'm well over half, and fairly recently finished Windfall, which was a doozy. It's tedious, but I enjoy it too. It makes sure you've been EVERYWHERE in the game that anyone could possibly go.
I actually didn't do that i'm saving it up. One day when i'm bored of most games i will go back to wind waker start a new game and actually complete it 100%.

Thats what i tend to do with most games. I save those sorts of things for later and get back to them it brings back good memories along the way too.

Skrah

Smash Ace
The thing that I love about the Zelda games is the sheer epicness it inspired on me. And me, touching the Ocarina of Time for the first time at the age of 5/6, my imagination soared. Hyrule became this enchanted place to me, much like Neverland.

Well, getting on topic, WW was amazing, the only thing I hated was the triforce part, it was a bit tedious. What awed me was the underwater Hyrule, with the tumbled Hero of Time statue, it was the best part for me.

So, anyways, what do you guys think Zelda would need to become a better game overall. Maybe harder difficulty? Better combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom