• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Zelda 2 is hard according to my friends, but I have yet to play it. According to my little brother Wind Waker is the hardest. For me, I have yet to play either, but between Ocarina, Majora's, Link to the Past, Twilights, and Link's Awakening I think Link's Awakening might have been the hardest, lol. But the best have to have been a close equal between Ocarina and Link to the past.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
zelda for the NES and link to the past were so epic... you should get the ROM for it Vorguen.
Link to the past was amazing. So was the original but LttP is one of my favourite Zelda games and it's definitely my favourite 2-D zelda game.

To tell you the truth, there isn't a single Zelda game that I have ever got disapointed at. Though my favroite so far is Wind Waker, I don't know, I clam that's the hardest Zelda game out there.
Meh, WW wasn't that hard. A lot of the rooms were pretty obvious and it didn't take very long to solve the harder ones.

I'm not really sure which zelda is the hardest though =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I HAVE wind waker, but haven't played it yet.

I forgot about that a while ago...I should dig it out and give it a try.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would love to see a Zelda that takes place in part of Hyrule (intact, not flooded), and part of an outlying country. Rather than simply taking place in an entirely different land with only references (and potentially cutscenes) relative to Hyrule, you should be able to venture into part of it (or perhaps start the game there), and then move out into this new world, only to return to Hyrule later on as the main conflict brings you back.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I would really like 1 for 1 motion control in the game.

Then I would like them to take the perfected motion controls, and make a Star Wars Lightsaber dueling game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see the ball and chain return in a future zelda, because that seriously was my favorite weapon. I'd been hoping for one of those in a zelda game since Link's Awakening (Or something) the first time I remember seeing an enemy with one.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I want to see the ball and chain return in a future zelda, because that seriously was my favorite weapon. I'd been hoping for one of those in a zelda game since Link's Awakening (Or something) the first time I remember seeing an enemy with one.
Don't forget the top. The top was awesome. Although, it needed a lot more puzzles designed for it.

Seriously though, the first time I entered the ice dungeon and I saw all the ice, I thought "What cool fire-weapon do I get." Then I found the ball and chain, and although awesome, I was totally taken off-guard. It's always been ice temple, fire magic, so the ball-and-chain was completely unexpected, even while I was battling the sub-boss I though I would get a fire-something.

But the ball and chain is still more awesome than fire-arrows.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Don't forget the top. The top was awesome. Although, it needed a lot more puzzles designed for it.

Seriously though, the first time I entered the ice dungeon and I saw all the ice, I thought "What cool fire-weapon do I get." Then I found the ball and chain, and although awesome, I was totally taken off-guard. It's always been ice temple, fire magic, so the ball-and-chain was completely unexpected, even while I was battling the sub-boss I though I would get a fire-something.

But the ball and chain is still more awesome than fire-arrows.
It was definitely a nice surprise. After I fought the guy who had it and it was just sitting there, I was confused as to why it hadn't disappeared with him. I thought maybe I'd get to use it in that room or something. But to keep it was an awesome twist.

It was nice not just doing fire+ice puzzles all over again. I was playing through the Great Bay Temple, and the amount of fire + ice arrow puzzles was impressive, but I think we need a change. While I like magic arrows, perhaps we could have new ones? I don't know what other options there are, but something new would be awesome. Maybe like a poison arrow that slowed down anything it hit.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I made a tier list of difficulty for the Zelda games, obviously other people may have an opinion that differs from this...
-~-
Way too easy ------- Phantom Hourglass
Easy, but still fun ---- Twilight Princess, Wind Waker
Moderately Easy ----- The Minish Cap, All Four Swords Stuff
Moderate ------------- Oracle of Ages/Seasons, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening
Moderately Hard ----- Legend of Zelda (first quest), Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Hard ------------------ Master Quest (really only slight harder than OoT), Zelda II
The Hardest ----------Legend of Zelda (second quest)
-~-
I liked the hammer better than the ball and chain, the ball and chain, was too clunky. I want the see the Mirror shield, Big Goron's Sword, the fire and ice rods return. It annoyed me that I couldn't combine the lantern with the bow and arrow to get fire arrows in TP. (That combination was just begging to happen, but it didn't). Bomb arrows are a good deal more powerful and therefore, but they could have incorporated a few better puzzles if they had included fire arrows too I think.

Oh, and we need more deku nuts. Lots more deku nuts.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I made a tier list of difficulty for the Zelda games, obviously other people may have an opinion that differs from this...
-~-
Way too easy ------- Phantom Hourglass
Easy, but still fun ---- Twilight Princess, Wind Waker
Moderately Easy ----- The Minish Cap, All Four Swords Stuff
Moderate ------------- Oracle of Ages/Seasons, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening
Moderately Hard ----- Legend of Zelda (first quest), Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Hard ------------------ Master Quest (really only slight harder than OoT), Zelda II
The Hardest ----------Legend of Zelda (second quest)
-~-
I liked the hammer better than the ball and chain, the ball and chain, was too clunky. I want the see the Mirror shield, Big Goron's Sword, the fire and ice rods return. It annoyed me that I couldn't combine the lantern with the bow and arrow to get fire arrows in TP. (That combination was just begging to happen, but it didn't). Bomb arrows are a good deal more powerful and therefore, but they could have incorporated a few better puzzles if they had included fire arrows too I think.

Oh, and we need more deku nuts. Lots more deku nuts.
Deku nuts? I didn't realize they were useful. I pretty much never, ever used them.

I like the tier list, for the most part. I personally would put A Link to the Past a bit higher (harder), but that's personal opinion. I have no issue with it where it is, really. And I would put PH in the "Easy, but still fun" tier since I did enjoy it a lot. It wasn't ever hard, but I liked cutting people by drawing with the stylus. Plus, being able to make notes on the map is something that could be useful in a harder game.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
haha.

What do you guys think of the "possible" future Zelda coming out? It worked for Final Fantasy... really well... but for Zelda I just don't see it.

The thing was for Final Fantasy each one was a different story and setting. For Zelda it's always Hyrule and a reincarnation of Link. Hyrule in the future might not be the same. :(

And Epona as a motorcycle... I don't know... :(

Scott!

Smash Lord
haha.

What do you guys think of the "possible" future Zelda coming out? It worked for Final Fantasy... really well... but for Zelda I just don't see it.

The thing was for Final Fantasy each one was a different story and setting. For Zelda it's always Hyrule and a reincarnation of Link. Hyrule in the future might not be the same. :(

And Epona as a motorcycle... I don't know... :(
I think the rumors with that stuff were faked, if I remember correctly. Not that they won't do this, but they haven't said anything on the substance of the next Zelda except that they're working on it.

That said, there is a fair bit of support for the Future Zelda idea. I personally prefer the idea of a more steampunk'd out Zelda game rather than a full-on future version. Or, rather, I would want them to work up to the future rather than jump straight from medieval to hovercraft. I think it definitely could work, though. It would be a bit tougher than it was for Final Fantasy, since Zelda has an underlying storyline while Final Fantasy games are all unrelated as far as I know. As for Hyrule not being the same in the future, I think that's kind of the general idea. ;)

Epona as a motorcycle might make me a bit sad inside though. Either Epona's a living creature of some sort that Link travels on, or his vehicle is unnamed, or named something else.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i dont care if its a future hyrule or an ancient land, i cant wait for the new Zelda.

favorite Zelda game? toss-up: LttP or Awakening. not too old school, but not too new and fancy. just right. and being the perfect age, I have been able to play every Zelda that has been released in America on the console/handheld it came out on. Ahhh, fond memories of playing Zelda as a 5 year old. /tear <3

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
To be honest, my favorite game was Twilight Princess.

OoT was my first Zelda game, but I was really young, and actually failed to get past the Great Deku Tree. Windwaker was a little long and repetitive, in the sense that everything is surrounded by ocean, and also because of the Triforce scavenger hunt. Twilight Princess was the first one that kept my attention and made me want to finish the game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You should download the old school ones halloween and play them. A Link to the Past is so worth it.
I'll think about it, but a lot of the old games kinda hurt my eyes. Especially because I haven't quite figured out how to get my TV to do the 4:3 ratio yet. But also because the old games have such large pixelation.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'll think about it, but a lot of the old games kinda hurt my eyes. Especially because I haven't quite figured out how to get my TV to do the 4:3 ratio yet. But also because the old games have such large pixelation.
Well, if it's dealing with a large screen that gives you problems, I would recommend the GBA version of ALttP. It's how I played it. If you have a DS or GBA, you should be able to pick it up for something not too unreasonable at a Gamestop or something. It's an excellent game, and is one of the ones people consider the best. Plus, if you make friends with other people with it, you could play Four Swords. I never had friends that had the game, but maybe you could. Also, there might have been other ports of the older games to some form of Game Boy, probably GBA, but I'm not sure on them. I just have the collector's disc with Zelda 1, 2, OoT, and MM on it, which also would work for having those games playable on a current system.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah get the original LoZ for a great game, I've managed to keep my original gold cartridge working somehow, I play the game every year.

Also, I don't know why everyone likes Link's Awakening, but I can't stand it. I'm not sure why, I just don't like the look or the feel or something.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah get the original LoZ for a great game, I've managed to keep my original gold cartridge working somehow, I play the game every year. The Master Quest is actually challenging, and it's fun to do speedruns and 3 heart challenges.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nintendo, please make a new 3D Zelda that has the combative difficulty of Zelda 2.

I look forward to E3 2009.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nintendo, please make a new 3D Zelda that has the combative difficulty of Zelda 2.

I look forward to E3 2009.
In lieu of Zelda 2, I honestly wouldn't mind a side-scroller Zelda for the DS. For Wii, no, but it'd be a great DS title, seeing as how all of the handheld titles are a bit off-the-wall.

Skrah

Smash Ace
A future setting is more likely as the Zelda time line is moving forward with Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. It is the LEGEND of Zelda.

The Legend Lives on

HEY poster Tag line any one?
Well, not really. Some of the older Zelda games are supposed to be farther on on the timeline than OoT, so I don't see why not. And its not like there is a timeline. Even the Zelda guys said that there isn't any.

In lieu of Zelda 2, I honestly wouldn't mind a side-scroller Zelda for the DS. For Wii, no, but it'd be a great DS title, seeing as how all of the handheld titles are a bit off-the-wall.
Pretty cool idea.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Does anyone know exactly where TP falls into the "Timeline?" I think its a dual timeline BTW (Multiple dimensions)

And personally, I didn't like Zelda 2. The combat was meh

Scott!

Smash Lord
The timeline has not been revealed, though we can speculate as to its nature. I'll leave it to someone with a better idea of how TP fits into it all to give an explanation, though.

I do like the idea of a DS side-scroller, though I did enjoy the system in PH. But something new would be interesting.

As for Zelda 2, the combat is tough in a way I wouldn't want in a 3-D Zelda. It required a lot of very precise movement, with all the ducking, jumping, and perfect timing needed to not die really fast. I want the difficulty to not be in the controls. They should be intuitive and easy to use. The new motion thing that goes 1-1 or whatever would make swordplay very intuitive. The difficulty should come from having to use it effectively against enemies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Agree Scott. Also don't forget that much of the difficulty can come from dungeons. It seems a lot of times monster difficulty comes with "finding out that you are trying to kill him with the wrong weapon" instead of anything else.

This gives me flashbacks of the Dark Link fight in Water Temple.......... :) :) :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe a Zelda sidescrolling game where you play as Zelda and have to rescue link and the king from Ganon!

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a Zelda sidescrolling game where you play as Zelda and have to rescue link and the king from Ganon!
It would be interesting to see them make a modern return to the old 2D series as a spin off but only if u meant withought the height axis.... if u mean 2D like paper mario i dont think it would happen..... since its begining zelda always had the four points of the compass and its world as well as its dungeons were built with this concept... so they could combine this with the RPG idea i said earlier to make a perfect spinnof as there arent really enough 2D rpgs with height being the removed dimension.... besides its already kinda an rpg with a selection of weapons and some health/magic powering up drinks so they could just introduce a biggest variety of consumables and maybe some that do other things other than just filling up health..... and here u are

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ohh my God. Imagine a 3D Zelda with Zelda 2 game mechanics. I see some awesome in game Combo potential...I.E Link Knocks a guy off his feet and stabs him while he's falling.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Agree Scott. Also don't forget that much of the difficulty can come from dungeons. It seems a lot of times monster difficulty comes with "finding out that you are trying to kill him with the wrong weapon" instead of anything else.

This gives me flashbacks of the Dark Link fight in Water Temple.......... :) :) :)
That is very true. Maybe, just maybe, they could have a dungeon boss that you needed to use something besides your sword and newest item to win.

As for the Dark Link fight, that is exactly what I was thinking of. A fight where you had to actually outfight the opponent. (Or stock up on lots of magic potions and use Din's Fire over and over...) We need more of that. On an unrelated note, that room was awesome.

"You've got to be kidding."
It's not that bad of an idea. While I personally would prefer playing as Link, giving Zelda some play time would definitely be interesting. I don't know if she could hold up a whole game on her own, but perhaps she and Link could work together or something.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
It's not that bad of an idea. While I personally would prefer playing as Link, giving Zelda some play time would definitely be interesting. I don't know if she could hold up a whole game on her own, but perhaps she and Link could work together or something.
I'm pretty sure PsychoIncarnate was referencing the old CD-i Zelda game, Wand of Gamelon, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHw5g55oC4

Aaand I referenced the other one, The Faces of Evil, lolol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpLXo55yfw

Truly terrible, I can't believe these games came AFTER LttP.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ah yeah, I always forget about them. Missed the reference since I don't know anything about them other than that they exist. I did wonder why you put your line in quotes, but yeah... Oops.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
That is very true. Maybe, just maybe, they could have a dungeon boss that you needed to use something besides your sword and newest item to win.

As for the Dark Link fight, that is exactly what I was thinking of. A fight where you had to actually outfight the opponent. (Or stock up on lots of magic potions and use Din's Fire over and over...) We need more of that. On an unrelated note, that room was awesome.
Sad but... the easiest way to beat Dark Link was using the megaton hammer. He couldn't block it, and each hit would make him fall down. After a few hits (like 3), he would die.

But seriously, after I figured that out I wanted to cry. I have beaten Dark Link around 15-20 times. I have beaten OOT like 4 times, but each time I beat it I seriously save and reset that fight over and over and play it out at least 4 or 5 times and make sure it's sword on sword. That fight was EPIC.

Best Zelda fight ever. Any game.

Actually now that I think about it, OOT had the funnest fights. Phantom Ganon, Dark Link, Twinrova???? (or whatever those two witches were called), and the Ganondorf fights were all completely win.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sad but... the easiest way to beat Dark Link was using the megaton hammer. He couldn't block it, and each hit would make him fall down. After a few hits (like 3), he would die.
I've always wondered if I had a broken version of OoT or something. Dark Link very well can block the hammer. I'm not sure why everyone says he cannot. Granted, beating him with the hammer is much easier than doing it with the sword, but my hammer clanks his shield quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom