• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ah. That was something I didn't apply into my calculations. Who could possibly adore the "Lens of Truth"

well......... tombstones + Lens of Truth was seriously win...... I can see why if that is the reason.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lens of Truth was useful for the treasure chest game in Castle Town and that's it. You could even beat Bongo Bongo without it!

It's a cool idea, but it's incredibly useless.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My brother-in-law did a physics study on the hookshot/clawshot. Basically, his conclusion was that even if the hookshot could function as visualized in the game, the force involved would rip Link's arm out of its socket.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The Lens of Truth is a very cool idea, but I get the feeling that it can always be worked around, except for the chest game. Shadow Temple was pretty good. Not the best, but a good one. The torture rooms close to the end were creepy though. I really don't want to know what went on there back in the darker days of Hyrule.

Edit @ TheBuzzSaw: Poor Link, though maybe those of Hylian descent have super-strong body holding-together parts. Or it's just magic. I like magic.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It's always magic. Earth physics have no place in the land of Hyrule.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The clawshot was okay. I still think that he should have been able to swing from it like he could on the grappling hook in WW. Really, the two items should be combined like that if they return.

OoT boomerang < Gale Boomerang <<< WW Boomerang Seriously, that thing was awesome.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think the boomerang should just be replaced with a magical buzz saw.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
The only thing I liked about Gears was the machine gun chainsaw. It was epic. Other than that, I didn't like the game mechanics too much. It was also probably my enfatuation with Halo. lol

Scott!

Smash Lord
"It has been many centuries since the many ancient calamities brought on by the dark lord Ganon befell Hyrule. Civilization has evolved greatly. And now, a new threat comes from another world entirely. A great plague of otherworldly creatures have come to Hyrule, seeking to only decimate and conquer. Once again, a hero must rise out of anonymity and save the land from this threat. Armed with the newest weapons of his day, the young man in green has a plague to defeat and a world to save. But the more he fights, the more signs he finds pointing to an ancient power behind everything..."

Ok, I just went from "that would be weird" to "I want this now".

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zelda + Gears of War = ???

That would indeed be... something.
Zelda + Star Wars: Battlefront + Gears of War = Epic on too many levels.

For the record, I've never been fond of Gears, but the over-the-shoulder squad-like gameplay is incredible.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Scott... Is that quote official? If it is, so help me God.

Edit: Oh sh..

I really don't know about the future Zelda guys... I like ye olde Hyrule :[

And the plague thing sounds too much Halo/Metroid to me

Darkslash

Smash Master
I really, really love the Forest Temple. And Water Temple. And Shadow Temple. And Spirit Temple (oh God, THE SPIRIT TEMPLE!).

Yeah, the Fire Temple is the only one that doesn't do anything for me (and to a lesser extent, despite being listed above, the Shadow Temple).

Master Quest is incredible. I got all the way to Ganon's Tower, but some bug wouldn't allow me to lift one of the enormous rocks in the fire dungeon, so I could not beat the game. Really sucked.
The forest Temple was in part easy after you find that **** key. After playing TP I tried that method and viola I found the key....

The Shadow Temple I almost came close to crying, because it was so dark, angst and full of Death, death AND MORE DEATH!!!!

The Water Temple, was for the most part a redundant temple and if you got Farore's Wind it becomes easier.

Dark Link should become a reoccurring boss. One fight isn't enough and should be the real villain for once.. how epic would the last fight be seriously.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"It has been many centuries since the many ancient calamities brought on by the dark lord Ganon befell Hyrule. Civilization has evolved greatly. And now, a new threat comes from another world entirely. A great plague of otherworldly creatures have come to Hyrule, seeking to only decimate and conquer. Once again, a hero must rise out of anonymity and save the land from this threat. Armed with the newest weapons of his day, the young man in green has a plague to defeat and a world to save. But the more he fights, the more signs he finds pointing to an ancient power behind everything..."

Ok, I just went from "that would be weird" to "I want this now".
You know that's a description of Twilight Princess, right?

Skrah

Smash Ace
The forest Temple was in part easy after you find that **** key. After playing TP I tried that method and viola I found the key....

The Shadow Temple I almost came close to crying, because it was so dark, angst and full of Death, death AND MORE DEATH!!!!

The Water Temple, was for the most part a redundant temple and if you got Farore's Wind it becomes easier.

Dark Link should become a reoccurring boss. One fight isn't enough and should be the real villain for once.. how epic would the last fight be seriously.
Yeah, just like the Samus vs Dark Samus fight on Metroid Prime 3..

But there should be some extremely cool story as how dark link came to life

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Dark Link originated from Zelda 2. I was right in that Nintendo should use Zelda 2 for inspiration for the next big Zelda game. I miss fights being hard. :(

Scott!

Smash Lord
A story centered on Link vs. Dark Link would definitely be epic. Fighting him a few times rather than once is definitely something I approve of and now want more than ever.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here's a dated timeline that I devised. I'm still faithful to it in most regards, so to stall you no longer, here you are:

I understand that Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, and The Minish Cap are absent from it, as I really could not find a plausible placement for those stories. If you have any questions about it, please ask, and I will answer.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
THIS POST IS IMPORTANT.

Here's a dated timeline that I devised. I'm still faithful to it in most regards, so to stall you no longer, here you are:

I understand that Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, and The Minish Cap are absent from it, as I really could not find a plausible placement for those stories. If you have any questions about it, please ask, and I will answer.
I would assume that the three games that aren't on there belong in the Wind Waker timeline, because they are considered Toon Link games. They don't have anything that really defines them as a definite placing on the timeline, but maybe you could just make a note that they are in the Wind Waker timeline but have no definite placement?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would assume that the three games that aren't on there belong in the Wind Waker timeline, because they are considered Toon Link games. They don't have anything that really defines them as a definite placing on the timeline, but maybe you could just make a note that they are in the Wind Waker timeline but have no definite placement?
I should have waited ONE post more so that the timeline would make it to the top of this page. Mind posting it in your post above?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I should have waited ONE post more so that the timeline would make it to the top of this page. Mind posting it in your post above?
Will do.

Any comments on why I think FS, FSA, and MC should be in the WW timeline?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have high hopes for E3 2009. Nintendo cannot biff two E3 events in a row... or can they?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I have high hopes for E3 2009. Nintendo cannot biff two E3 events in a row... or can they?
Nintendo sees E3 as their one time of the year to get mainstream media coverage, so it is a good bet for them to continue to only showcase casual games in E3. They will probably show off the hardcore things during their other media summits during the year, just as they showed off most of their hardcore games at the fall media summit last year, instead of at E3.

E3 is pretty much outdated.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Spire III: You say it's dated and that you're only mostly faithful. What would you change? I don't have any issues with it; just wondering.

Darkslash

Smash Master
If E3 is open to the public they will not screw up. Seriously imagine how many fans will go L4D infected at the show? It will be madness. And Since booth babes are coming back...
YES They won't screw up..hopefully

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@Spire III: You say it's dated and that you're only mostly faithful. What would you change? I don't have any issues with it; just wondering.
Nothing. It's good that game companies get mainstream media coverage to push out their crap to casuals so they can get more funding for hardcore games.

EDIT: Wow. You edited it to say '@Spire III' the moment I clicked quote.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Nintendo really failed hardcore at the last E3. Seriously, they presented... nothing. They're like, "We're amazing. Sales are high. Worship us."

Skrah

Smash Ace
Pretty solid timeline Spire... Although, I recommend putting Minish Cap at the very beginning, since at that time it wasn't the Hero of Time, and that game started the little trend of green hats.

Although timelines are complete bs to me.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Nothing. It's good that game companies get mainstream media coverage to push out their crap to casuals so they can get more funding for hardcore games.
I meant his timeline... I don't know too much about E3, though I'd like to see something actually interest me come out of it this time.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry. I didn't see all the other posts until I did mine, and realized it was unclear.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Will do.

Any comments on why I think FS, FSA, and MC should be in the WW timeline?
I'm inclined to agree. However, the "hero" mentioned at the beginning of Minish Cap has a high chance of being The Hero of the Winds. With the appearance of Lon Lon Ranch, however, it has an even higher chance of taking place before OoT.
I have a question, why are there two timelines in your timeline? Are you saying two Links existed simultaneously in an alternate universe?
It has been officially stated that Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are parallel games, taking place in parallel timelines. Wind Waker takes place at least 100 years after Link defeated Ganon in OoT, but remember, he was then sent back in time, splitting Hyrule into two parallel timelines, one that continues after Ganon's defeat, and one that continues after he goes back to being a child. From there, he ventures to Termina, and a hundred or so years later, Twilight Princess occurs.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Pretty solid timeline Spire... Although, I recommend putting Minish Cap at the very beginning, since at that time it wasn't the Hero of Time, and that game started the little trend of green hats.
Ocarina of Time has been confirmed to be the first game in the series, timeline wise.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Ocarina of Time has been confirmed to be the first game in the series, timeline wise.
But as we know Minish Cap was released in 2005, around 6 years after the statement Miyamoto made. Also the blond guy in green is referred to as the Hero of man and not Time, this making it before OoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom