• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think Nintendo needs to just buck up and cater to both audiences. The next Zelda game should have two modes (minimum): Kokiri Mode and Hylian Mode. Kokiri Mode will be easy as pie. Hylian Mode will feature unfair opponents who block everything and deal 8-heart damage attacks.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I'm inclined to agree. However, the "hero" mentioned at the beginning of Minish Cap has a high chance of being The Hero of the Winds. With the appearance of Lon Lon Ranch, however, it has an even higher chance of taking place before OoT.
Minish Cap should, with all the evidence supporting it, be the first. Can you tell me when did they say that OoT was the first?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Minish Cap should, with all the evidence supporting it, be the first. Can you tell me when did they say that OoT was the first?
It's been stated in different forms by Miyamoto and Aonuma since a statement back in '99 (I think it was mentioned in Nintendo Power).

Skrah

Smash Ace
And minish cap was released after that statement, so maybe it was nullified?? I dunno, **** game creators like to mess with the fans.

Also, a difficulty mode is NEEDED! Just as Buzz said

Scott!

Smash Lord
Minish Cap was a lot better for me the second time I played it. It's far from the best, but it definitely grew on me a lot.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And minish cap was released after that statement, so maybe it was nullified?? I dunno, **** game creators like to mess with the fans.

Also, a difficulty mode is NEEDED! Just as Buzz said
I'd still rather an unlockable Master Quest mode be implemented after completing the game (and perhaps an "Epic" mode after completed MQ).
Minish Cap was stupid.
I have to agree, and not because of your authoritative word, but simply because I dislike the game. It beats PH by a landslide though.

Skrah

Smash Ace
That's what I meant by difficulty, not just upgrading enemy damage and stuff, but actually making puzzles and dungeons harder.

And in my opinion Zelda console games are the shining gems of the franchise. Game Boy... not so much.

Scott!

Smash Lord
LA was really good, and the Oracle ones were both solid. I'll give you that Minish Cap and PH were less than stellar. But yeah, the console ones are more consistently awesome.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have to agree, and not because of your authoritative word, but simply because I dislike the game. It beats PH by a landslide though.
LOL! Minish Cap sucked because an admin said so!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Though, I think that would change if the rumor was confirmed that Retro Studios (the Metroid Prime people) were taking on the next Zelda game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Though, I think that would change if the rumor was confirmed that Retro Studios (the Metroid Prime people) were taking on the next Zelda game.
Retro is a 2nd Party and is graced by Nintendo's blessing(AKA games published by them), so I don't think it will suck. BUT Iwata said that the ZELDA team is working on a game. Of course Zelda team=Star Fox right?
That would be the ultimate troll move right there..

Scott!

Smash Lord
Retro is a 2nd Party and is graced by Nintendo's blessing(AKA games published by them), so I don't think it will suck. BUT Iwata said that the ZELDA team is working on a game. Of course Zelda team=Star Fox right?
That would be the ultimate troll move right there..
While I want a new Star Fox as much as the next guy longing for something remotely close to SF 64, this would break my heart beyond compare. I would possibly actually shed a tear at the betrayal.

Darkslash

Smash Master
While I want a new Star Fox as much as the next guy longing for something remotely close to SF 64, this would break my heart beyond compare. I would possibly actually shed a tear at the betrayal.
What would be a more trollish move is that they say some thing like

"Hur, Hur we made you cry! Now for the real treat a Zelda game! Of course your not interested in ARRRHGHG*gets swarmed by angry,joyus, sad mob*"

Skrah

Smash Ace
Hahahaha! d*mn CD-i spoofs

Well, changing the topic, SOUNDTRACKS!

OoT has to have the best soundtrack I have heard, or at least one of the best. Like, come on, Gerudo Valley is the sh*t

Scott!

Smash Lord
What would be a more trollish move is that they say some thing like

"Hur, Hur we made you cry! Now for the real treat a Zelda game! Of course your not interested in ARRRHGHG*gets swarmed by angry,joyus, sad mob*"
If my crying helped make them make a better game, I'd do it without the troll move.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
We can collaborate to mail jars of tears to Nintendo.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I love you Buzz, but I should kill you for saying this. The music alone made that game awesome.
Music alone does not make a game awesome. I'm not saying Minish Cap was stupid; I enjoyed it decently. But good music is only part of the process. And, I'd argue, not the most important part either. Necessary, but not the most so.

EDIT: That was awkward indeed....

Skrah

Smash Ace
But.. but...

Look! I'll throw in a letter saying that I'll commit suicide if they don't do as we say. You don't mess with suicidal people D= especially with bomb engineering degrees

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Although, music isn't the only important component. Look at music in itself, bass isn't the only important component. You need your rythms, and a good melody. You need a good beat. Your tempo is important too.

Look at a game. You can have a GREAT storyline but if the game is virtually un-playable it won't be very fun. You can have a FUN as heck game with a lousy storyline and bad music and it will usually just be labeled as "cheesy"

all elements are important.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Although, music isn't the only important component. Look at music in itself, bass isn't the only important component. You need your rythms, and a good melody. You need a good beat. Your tempo is important too.

Look at a game. You can have a GREAT storyline but if the game is virtually un-playable it won't be very fun. You can have a FUN as heck game with a lousy storyline and bad music and it will usually just be labeled as "cheesy"

all elements are important.
That's actually pretty much all I was trying to say. A game is made up of many things, and music is just one (important) aspect.

Edit: Post #999 in the thread. :D

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah, I totally agree with you, I was just saying that music is a factor that I take much into account when playing a game.

I need to feel like I'm there, y'know?

EDIT: 1000 :p keep it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom