• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hmm...

More dungeons would be nice. I can see that as a good reason to remake OoT

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Those are pretty awesome. I checked those all out and now I want to find where I can buy them.

antimatter

Smash Lord
I aims to please. they're going to try to have every issue on there eventually, so you can look at them for free!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Concerning the music in OoT, while Gerudo is an awesome piece, the forest Temple music is definitely my favorite. It's just so good.

What I, a humble Zelda lover, want in the next Zelda is another crazy plot. Like LttP had its LA and OoT had its MM, TP needs something out there to follow up. I want to leave Hyrule again. Lots of dungeons would be excellent. The only things that keep Majora and Wind Waker from being my absolute favorites are the small numbers of dungeons (4 and 5 main ones, I think). LttP had a ton, OoT had like 9 1/2 (3 kid, 5 adult, Ganon's castle, and the well is the last half), and my favorite, Link's Awakening, had 8. That idea someone said above about bonus dungeons would be awesome too. I'd also like to get magic and the ocarina back. I missed my spells and goofing around on the ocarina in Twilight Princess. Though honestly, as long as it's a Zelda game, I'll get it and probably love it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Maybe they could introduce a new musical instrument.

THE UKULELE OF ETERNITY! YEAH!

Or, you know, maybe something else. I still say Ukulele of eternity.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Does everything Zelda have to involve a ****ing instrument? Lets think outside the box people.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seeing as how Zelda games are now being made with sequels, there's no doubt in my mind that Twilight Princess is going to get a sequel. At the end of TP, Midna cuts off the connection between Hyrule and The Twilight Realm so that it will be able to thrive and grow, unlike its destroyed past life...

Hey, I'll let you guys in on a little secret. We've visited the Twilight Realm's pre-destroyed form before, in... another time.

;)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Concerning the music in OoT, while Gerudo is an awesome piece, the forest Temple music is definitely my favorite. It's just so good.

What I, a humble Zelda lover, want in the next Zelda is another crazy plot. Like LttP had its LA and OoT had its MM, TP needs something out there to follow up. I want to leave Hyrule again. Lots of dungeons would be excellent. The only things that keep Majora and Wind Waker from being my absolute favorites are the small numbers of dungeons (4 and 5 main ones, I think). LttP had a ton, OoT had like 9 1/2 (3 kid, 5 adult, Ganon's castle, and the well is the last half), and my favorite, Link's Awakening, had 8. That idea someone said above about bonus dungeons would be awesome too. I'd also like to get magic and the ocarina back. I missed my spells and goofing around on the ocarina in Twilight Princess. Though honestly, as long as it's a Zelda game, I'll get it and probably love it.
I really have to agree with you on that first sentence. I LOVE Gerudo Valley, but the Forest Temple(adult)is a masterpiece..and even on MIDI!

No no no. I want something new..not a sequel to TP. I don't think it deserves it. Of course I loved the game, but I don't think it should get a sequel..why, I can't explain. >_>

Something out of everything like MM would be marvelous. That game was incredibly amazing with the Mask system, story line, and everything. And, Zelda didn't even have a 5 minute clip in the entire game!

About the music. Zelda is synonymous with music..no matter what. It'll always have something to do with it and I wouldn't doubt that the next game will have an instrument of some sort(depending if it's a main item or grass like in TP).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
MM was my favorite. It was completely original. Though Zelda wasn't exactly a role. The Mask System worked real well. The Three-Day Cycle made it seem like starting a whole new file, which made the game less boring.

Spire

III
BRoomer
MM was my favorite. It was completely original. Though Zelda wasn't exactly a role. The Mask System worked real well. The Three-Day Cycle made it seem like starting a whole new file, which made the game less boring.
Same. I love Majora's Mask more than any other Zelda game.

However, Zelda was omnipresent throughout the game. In OoT, Zelda was the Sage of Time. In MM, her counterpart was the Goddess of Time - or the essence of time, which helped you along the way, just as she did [as both Zelda and Sheik] in Ocarina of Time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Everybody in this thread already knows what game is my favorite. The time limit thing kinda sucked though, because you had to keep going back over and over again and restarting the clock just to be out of money and weapons. I would have preferred that you could beat the game and be stuck on "The New Day." I mean, god. That was the only problem I had with the game though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Everybody in this thread already knows what game is my favorite. The time limit thing kinda sucked though, because you had to keep going back over and over again and restarting the clock just to be out of money and weapons. I would have preferred that you could beat the game and be stuck on "The New Day." I mean, god. That was the only problem I had with the game though.
Well that's why they made a bank. The weapons were obnoxious in losing them, but all you had to do was turn into a Goron and roll around Termina field through the grass patches and voila, you're restocked.

I wasn't a fan of the time limit, because I like to explore Zelda games at my own pace, however, it did add a huge twist to the game, and the series as a whole, which I appreciate very much. Also, in lore-related information, the whole "three days" cycle contributed a lot.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well that's why they made a bank. The weapons were obnoxious in losing them, but all you had to do was turn into a Goron and roll around Termina field through the grass patches and voila, you're restocked.

I wasn't a fan of the time limit, because I like to explore Zelda games at my own pace, however, it did add a huge twist to the game, and the series as a whole, which I appreciate very much. Also, in lore-related information, the whole "three days" cycle contributed a lot.
That's true, but it made things pretty inconvenient if you were going from beginning to end. You would always end up in clock town in the middle of a dungeon, the keys would be gone, your money and ammo would be gone, and maybe you hadn't gotten a nearby owl statue yet.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
I despise the Water Temple.

That Music has melted into my head as well.

That is my only complaint about this game.

That blasted Water Temple.
oh god the water temple. . . I would rather die than go through that crap. Believe it or not, I have never beaten OoT, but I am working on it.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
hey Zelda thread I think im going to buy twilight princess tommorow...

Tell me it straight, how good is it?

Its The Jinks

Smash Cadet
OOT was the reason i fell in love with nintendo, i remember when it was coming out and just watching kids play it in like toys r us or something made my dreams melt as a kid. I was like that is the best game ever and guess what , it won game of the year so i guess it waz worth it

Nightwolf14

Smash Cadet
I love ocarina of time I beat that game atleast like 23 times no lie (sad I know but its always going to be my favorite game I still sometimes bust that game out). But even all those times I beat the game I still have trouble with the water temple lol.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
I have OOT & finish it,even the master quest version 5 times on both games.still one of my favorite one.The Water Temple was very hard at 1st,but now it's no problem.I usually go there now just to have a rematch with Dark Link..

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just posted in the Sonic Unleashed thread an idea that came to mind when discussing video game series and their genre-shifting histories. I came to thinking that Zelda needs a spinoff series or two, like Mario has (except not as many as racing, party, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc, etc).

I would love to see a Zelda racing, RTS, or fighting game.

Mario Kart is loads of fun, but imagine the Zelda world being transformed into a racing game (as a spin-off of course). Link could ride Epona, Ganon could ride his dark horse, Zelda could ride a mystical light horse, Gorons could roll (or ride fast Dodongos), Zoras could ride some sort of land-shark thing, or a fast Octorok, Bulbins on Bullbos, etc etc. OR, everyone could have some sort of clockwork type machines (similar to the technology seen in the Goron Mines in TP) that represent the aforementioned mounts. There could be power-ups relevant to items seen through the Zelda history, and the same goes for characters.

I would love to see characters new and old appear in new incarnations to race against one another. This could not be done in a game, because canonically, it would be disastrous, and Nintendo would never pull a stunt like that. Besides the given characters: Link, Ganon, and Zelda, we could have numerous characters such as Impa, the Happy Mask Salesman, the Postman, Skull Kid, Darmani, Mikau, Medli, Makar (lots of M's), Saria, King Zora, Nabooru, Link's uncle, who knows, there are so many to choose from! Of course, that was just naming some off the top of my head, and they would of course need to be organized in different weight classes and what not, but for instance, Link would be a middleweight, Toon Link would be lightweight, and Fierce Deity Link could be heavyweight. I could devise a list of all of the characters if given the time.

A Zelda-based fighting game would be similar to the racing game, except well... fighting. The cast would most likely be similar, if not the same, and well, not much more to describe. Bashing the hell out of anyone with a Goron's tank-arms would just be so... delicious.

NOW LASTLY, for an RTS. An RTS game could potentially be canonical, when following the story mode, as most RTS games end up telling grand stories. Perhaps it is a time when the Triforce has not been split, and the kingdoms of Hyrule wish to fight one another for it. You could be: Hyrule (with Link and Zelda as heroes), Gerudo (with Ganondorf as a hero), Goron (with some Goron hero), Zora (with a Zora hero), and the Deku (with a Deku hero). If not canonical, and merely for fun, then the Gorons could have Darunia, Darmani, and Darbus, the Zora could have Ruto, Mikau, King Zora, Ralis, Rutela, etc, the Gerudo could have Ganondorf, Nabooru, Koume & Kotake, and the Deku could have the Deku King, and some other new ones or something.

An important feature that has come to mind would be this - when your units attack an opponent's building, you can choose to zoom in to the battle, and literally play as any of your units (graphics would totally change from the overhead RTS view), controlling each of their very movements, killing any enemies guarding the building, and eventually destroying the building itself by bombing, crushing, shooting, or any other method imaginable. This option would be completely optional, but if commenced, you might be able to change the stakes a bit to further favor you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Racing- No. That's not really Zelda. I mean, Mario I can see riding karts. But Link? No.

Fighter- Hm... Yeah. That'd be pretty cool, but it's not going to retain that same 'WOW' element that SSB has. There aren't that many iconic characters in the Zelda series.

RTS- Yes. This would be probably the best idea for a Zelda spinoff. That'd be pretty cool.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's pretty much guarunteed that we'll get a second Zelda title for the Wii. N64 had two, Gamecube had two, and the Wii has had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom