• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry to butt in, but couldn't something like this be settled out of this topic?

I understand this is a social topic, but I don't think they had personal debates such as this in mind.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Kingdom Come, you really need to think before you post dude. I don't think you've noticed, but yeah, you do get at LT for stupid reasons a lot.

Anyway. This discussion is over. If you two want to talk it out, you can PM each other, but it doesn't look like either of you have any intention to do that.

And no, I didn't think we could pre-order Skyward Sword yet...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I find the whole thing a bit silly. If X1 finds the comment insulting, then X1 can come in and say something about it.

:/

Also - I don't pre-order games. I find it hard to believe a new game, and one as popular as Zelda, can't be found at any retailer that sells electronics.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nah, son. Best Buy, 2 WalMarts, Target, Big KMart, a family owned game store, and 2 Gamestops?

My area has got places. I'm fairly confident I'll be fine.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll try to remember this, so that when the time comes, I'll tell you then that I got the game without a pre-order.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Speaking of pre-orders, you guys just reminded me that there's a copy of Metroid: Other M waiting for me at Gamestop. I'll wait a while until I pre-order SS.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
:link:
To be quite honest, I really don't see too much of a problem inside of this Zelda room(besides a few "immature," per se, people, who are inevitable in the long run).
I mean, let's consider me as an example:
I've occasionally left the boards, come back, left the boards, come back(etc..), and it's considerably active for a sub-forum to a non-Zelda site.

I mean, sure it seems the majority of the posters are the regulars since the Zelda spot was created(Spire, Skyler, Ganonsburg, myself, and a few others), but we're also seeing a few more new people here an there coming around.
Not only that, but since Skyward Sword was announced, and is due next year, you can be sure to only see more activity here, with the coming news for the game.

As for what could be added or changed to this group, I'm really not sure on that. What could we even possibly implement here?

EDIT:
While I was typing this out, I happened to be listening to MM tracks, and this was the one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdlbVJQE2I&feature=related
lol, thanks dude, but I haven't been here since these boards were created. I only started frequenting the Zelda subforum when I noticed it this past spring.

:034:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
There's really no reason to use a guide at all, unless you want to 100% the game. Reading up on where to go next spoils the whole exploration thing.
I just meant that if he gets really confused, he should use a guide to see where he's supposed to go next.

Talked to my coach about this. So it's either drop out a year, or do 3 years in High School 2 at my current one and then switch to a private school.

EDIT: ****it I was Shiek'd again. I only want to go to college if I'm offered a scholarship. If not, I'm goin into the restaurant business.
Well, I guess that's better than just dropping out. Just make sure you finish all of High School.

And go to college! It's really, really hard to do anything nowadays without a degree.

Anyways.....

Does anybody here play Starcraft 2? I got it like the day after it came out. I use the Protoss and they are fun but expensive compared to the Terran and Zerg. So far in doubles every team I have been on is undefeated. If anybody wnats to play me add kingdomcome00@live.com
I was going to get it, but I decided to get Blazblue: Continuum Shift instead. I'll let you know if I ever get it.

Also - I don't pre-order games. I find it hard to believe a new game, and one as popular as Zelda, can't be found at any retailer that sells electronics.
Actually, when I went to get Blazblue, Gamestop didn't have any copies of Starcraft 2 left. When I went to Walmart later, they didn't have any either.

It really depends on your area, lol. I usually preorder stuff anyway.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's also a personal choice.

I don't like to Pre-order.

I haven't had any problems as of yet, but I don't buy games often, and even less on their launch date.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Well, I guess that's better than just dropping out. Just make sure you finish all of High School.

And go to college! It's really, really hard to do anything nowadays without a degree.
I feel you, I'll definitely finish High School. The thing is Friday I have a Doctor's appointment and if they tell me I need surgery then I'll probably drop out and move to Guatemala for my dual citizenship.

If you think about it, yea dropping out of High School is bad. But, moving to Guatemala and being around my family and a culture that my ancestors helped create would probably good for me. I don't know much about myself. This could be the big "Finding Yourself" thing I need. I'm not like anybody else. I'm probably the most weirdest, ossimist, coolest, mostest, unique person anybody will ever meet. I'm disliked by many and loved by many many more. I'm.........

Not only that but I wouldn't be missing out in much at school aside from sports. I'm in all AP classes I get A's in those. My easy classes like art this past year I barely pass because it bores me and there is no challenge. My only other extra credit class Spanish I never did the work and aced all my tests.

But, this all depends on whether I get surgery or not.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If you think about it, yea dropping out of High School is bad. But, moving to Guatemala and being around my family and a culture that my ancestors helped create would probably good for me. I don't know much about myself. This could be the big "Finding Yourself" thing I need. I'm not like anybody else. I'm probably the most weirdest, ossimist, coolest, mostest, unique person anybody will ever meet. I'm disliked by many and loved by many many more. I'm.........
The first part of this was cool and I support it, but then you started boasting and I was like :urg:

You should stop that. But yeah, I wholeheartedly support the 'finding yourself' avenue.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"Ossimist" and "mostest"? Are those even words?

Sorry, this is a non-native English speaker wondering. ^^;;
Try looking them up in the dictionary.

They're not official English words.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The game was, like, 7-8 hours for me.

Not long, really. And if it's your first time, I can't imagine it being much longer than 10-12 hours.

Tacel

Smash Lord
The game was, like, 7-8 hours for me.
That's like beating each dungeon and temple in less then and hour, and the extra time going to all of the sidequests. That's not even mentioning the Well and Ice Cavern.
It's nearly impossible.
Unless you don't want to beat it 100%.
Not long, really. And if it's your first time, I can't imagine it being much longer than 10-12 hours.
Meh...

Sorry for lurking, guys. I've been wanting to become part of the Zelda comunity here for awhile. Haven't found a right time to chime in here on a conversation.
I guess this isn't the way to do so, is it?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You're implying I go do the extra stuff.

I play the game alot, and i usually go about 7-8 hours. Same for a Link to the Past, but I do everything in that game.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes, well, because of the length of that game, I don't think I'll ever find myself playing that game again.

Don't get me wrong, though. I loved it, and the sheer amount of things that can be done was awesome for me. You can get into somebody's life and change it. I can see every NPC take on their own unique schedule that varies for each day and night. The characters were varied and interesting.

My favorite part of the game, though, as with all Zelda games, is the dungeons. MM's Dungeons were the first in the series (I think they were) to be VERY lengthy. Most in the series now can take me minutes, but from MM and beyond, even if I know what to do, it'll still take a decent time to.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
First MM temple is easy.....

After that, they become nightmares. No just the Water and Ikana temple. Maybe the Ikana temple was hard cause I tried getting all the fairys. I hate Water. I'm at the moon right now.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Well, I don't know how much extra crap I'm doing. I'm bascally just doing everything Navi tells me. Or the Fair on top of Death Mountain told me about another fairy near Hyrule that will give me something. Still haven't found her.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Snowhead Temple was pretty hard, too.
Well, I don't know how much extra crap I'm doing. I'm bascally just doing everything Navi tells me. Or the Fair on top of Death Mountain told me about another fairy near Hyrule that will give me something. Still haven't found her.
Hint:
It's not far from where Kaepora Gaebora tells you that.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Finally I got out of Lord Jabu Jabu, and I got a question for you guys: that heart container before you enter Zora's Domain by the waterfall, are you supposed to get that with the hookshot? Cuz I just got it with the boomerang. It brough it back to me and everything but the heart thing in the menu didn't fill up at all.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Finally I got out of Lord Jabu Jabu, and I got a question for you guys: that heart container before you enter Zora's Domain by the waterfall, are you supposed to get that with the hookshot? Cuz I just got it with the boomerang. It brough it back to me and everything but the heart thing in the menu didn't fill up at all.
Hookshot? What Hookshot?
Also, was that Heart Piece your fourth? If so, you made a whole Heart Container and you start from 0/4 again.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I had 1 already, so it shoulda made it 2/4 but it didn't do anything. It's like I gotr the container but nothing happened.
Hmm... That's really odd.
If you go back, is it still there?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well yeah, everyone knows that. Mute elves are a lot better than 10 year old boys.

And since my last post was a joke anyways. But I do believe Pokemon is the second highest selling franchise in the world after Mario games, but I think Legend of Zelda makes top 10.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Just because it is the 2nd highest selling franchise doesn't mean that it's second best.

Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Pokemon

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Just because it is the 2nd highest selling franchise doesn't mean that it's second best.

Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Pokemon
All of those games provide completely different gameplay experiences, so they can't really be compared. Just stop while you're ahead; he was joking anyway.

Terywj, if I started a push for a roleplaying board on swf, would you help me out?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
All of those games provide completely different gameplay experiences, so they can't really be compared. Just stop while you're ahead; he was joking anyway.

Terywj, if I started a push for a roleplaying board on swf, would you help me out?
Oh sweet like legit roleplaying? I'm completely up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom