• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I post:
-player character A- ran to the door, opened it, and saw -character B-.

Then the controller of B says:
-B- leapt to his feet, picked up a bent crowbar, and yelled, "-insert dialogue here-!"

It works like that, but it has paragraphs instead of sentences.
That sounds awesome.
I'd be interested in it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, me too.

I just have no idea where to start a thread about it and gather interest.
First you'd need to spread the word (probably around forum games and such) to gather a decent chunk of people who are fairly interested in such a new subforum. I'd say around 15-20 people? The more the better. Then type up a formal proposal and post it in Forum Support.

The problem I can see for this, though, is that the Staff might just consider this a forum game and have us relocate everything there. Since we want it to be a legit roleplaying forum we'd need subforums for characters, OOC threads, and the main subforum where all the roleplaying topics are being posted in. That's probably a major point where the Staff think people who post there that aren't serious is basically just spamming, which obviously isn't something they want.
Secondly would be Moderation. I don't know who on Smashboards Staff would be willing to take control of such a new subforum since it'd be a lot of work and every Moderator already has their duties. I've worked with and actually am still working with a roleplaying site called Unknown Darkness and I know what goes on and all, as well as having been a roleplaying forum Moderator in the past. The subforum would have to heavily Moderated (as in, someone active) to ensure that there are quality roleplaying posts and not just spam / +1 threads. A compromise might be to make the subforum where you won't gain post count, but I'm not sure.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That sounds awesome.
I'd be interested in it.
Yeah, it can be really fun, especially in a well-developed universe.

I still have no idea where to post a thread and get people to show how much they want a board for RPing.

Edit: Ninja'd. Check back for my reply.

Edit2: Ok, cool. I knew about the forum support bit already, but I just had no idea where to gather people. Can you help with that?

We would need a new usergroup (like debaters) so that we could kick out people who spam. Once again, we would need active moderators for this. I'm fairly experienced with moderating roleplaying boards (I'm not THAT good at roleplaying, though), and you are too. That's two candidates who are active, and we can find some more.

If we made a new usergroup, we wouldn't have to worry about taking away post count.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
At my forum were currently creating a role forum board.

We first created the land, and then the backstory.

And, I wasn't comparing I was just saying that IMO those are the best franchises.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Our ideal roleplaying subforum setup would look like this - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unknown_Darkness/forum/1572608/ but minus the independent stories. We'd have to limit the amount of topics created as well if we get a large enough group of supporters since we don't want everyone and their mother posting roleplaying stories. We'd have to designate certain experienced roleplayers to create and design their stories where the common members would participate in.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
At my forum were currently creating a role forum board.

We first created the land, and then the backstory.

And, I wasn't comparing I was just saying that IMO those are the best franchises.
Cool story, bro.

Our ideal roleplaying subforum setup would look like this - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Unknown_Darkness/forum/1572608/ but minus the independent stories. We'd have to limit the amount of topics created as well if we get a large enough group of supporters since we don't want everyone and their mother posting roleplaying stories. We'd have to designate certain experienced roleplayers to create and design their stories where the common members would participate in.
Yeah, good point. We could actually have one consistent setting for the whole board, work from there, and slowly build it into a huge universe.

My reply to your last post in my edited post, btw.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd be glad to help you out on that. This could definitely help

I'd say the most pressing thing would be to gather enough people who would reliably post and partake in a roleplaying subforum. If the Staff agrees to this creates a forum and have like, no people partake in it the entire thing would go to waste.
You brought up making a usergroup, and that's a great idea. We could make members who want to join pass some sort of testing (like detailed, legit roleplaying posts) to ensure that they aren't spammers.

I just feel that we should make a compromise where both sides can get what they want without overworking the other. In our case it would be the Staff, making a new subforum and usergroup.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'd be glad to help you out on that. This could definitely help

I'd say the most pressing thing would be to gather enough people who would reliably post and partake in a roleplaying subforum. If the Staff agrees to this creates a forum and have like, no people partake in it the entire thing would go to waste.
You brought up making a usergroup, and that's a great idea. We could make members who want to join pass some sort of testing (like detailed, legit roleplaying posts) to ensure that they aren't spammers.

I just feel that we should make a compromise where both sides can get what they want without overworking the other. In our case it would be the Staff, making a new subforum and usergroup.
Thanks! Just save the individual support posts, and I'll include them in a long list when I post in forum support.

Tbh, if we made a usergroup, we wouldn't need another color or anything like that. We just need a way to restrict access to the board.

If we have active mods, we wouldn't worry about any "testing." The mods could just quickly remove any bad posters/spammers that sign up.

By bad posters, I mean someone like Insane Carzy guy or someone like that. As long as a member has decent grammar, he/she should be able to stay in it.

Tacel

Smash Lord
May I suggest creating a social group? Perhaps titled something like, "SWFs needs a Roleplaying subforum."
You're guaranteed to get at least a couple supporters (Zajice + us).
Then you could make a thread in the Pool Room that is something like, "Your thoughts on having a roleplaying subforum," but that might get locked for some reason.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
May I suggest creating a social group? Perhaps titled something like, "SWFs needs a Roleplaying forum."
You're guaranteed to get at least a couple supporters (Zajice + us).
Then you could make a thread in the Pool Room that is something like, "Your thoughts on having a roleplaying subforum," but that might get locked for some reason.
Yeah, a social group would probably be the best way to go. I have no idea where a thread would go, and a social group would be the easiest way to count supporters.

I'll make it now, but I REALLY need to get started on my summer homework. XD

Is there any way to go back in time so I can learn Epona's song?
Put the sword back in the pedestal and go to Lon Lon Ranch at night.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Thanks! Just save the individual support posts, and I'll include them in a long list when I post in forum support.
I'll begin writing a draft which I'll share with you via PM, but the important thing is to get more members interested. I'll ask around the Pokemon and Mario boards as well as Media Metropolis.

Tbh, if we made a usergroup, we wouldn't need another color or anything like that. We just need a way to restrict access to the board.
I know. We wouldn't need to restrict the access as we would the spam.

If we have active mods, we wouldn't worry about any "testing." The mods could just quickly remove any bad posters/spammers that sign up.
This ties into what I said before. Having newcomers identify themselves as strong roleplayers prevent extra work for whoever the Moderators would be.

By bad posters, I mean someone like Insane Carzy guy or someone like that. As long as a member has decent grammar, he/she should be able to stay in it.
The thing is there's a difference between:

"Tery silently checked his surroundings. The air swept through the area, and he kept his eyes focused on his target. As the figure turned around, Tery leapt forward and delivered a quick forslash with his katana, aimed at the figure's left shoulder."

and:

"Tery attacked the guy's shoulder."

The latter is what we don't want. Also I'd suggest we keep the roleplaying specialized to a certain aspect, like fighting or something to that extent. I feel as if real life / daily roleplaying would just be akin to whatever goes on in Forum Games. Our roleplaying would need to be serious in order to stand out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll begin writing a draft which I'll share with you via PM, but the important thing is to get more members interested. I'll ask around the Pokemon and Mario boards as well as Media Metropolis.
Well, we definitely should get more than one person to post in there. We could both work on the draft and both post it in seperate threads (or each do our own, it doesn't really matter), and then we can encourage other people to post their own stuff.

And thanks.

I know. We wouldn't need to restrict the access as we would the spam.
Exactly.

This ties into what I said before. Having newcomers identify themselves as strong roleplayers prevent extra work for whoever the Moderators would be.
True.

The thing is there's a difference between:

"Tery silently checked his surroundings. The air swept through the area, and he kept his eyes focused on his target. As the figure turned around, Tery leapt forward and delivered a quick forslash with his katana, aimed at the figure's left shoulder."

and:

"Tery attacked the guy's shoulder."

The latter is what we don't want.
We can easily make a "no one-liners" rule or something similar to that.

Also I'd suggest we keep the roleplaying specialized to a certain aspect, like fighting or something to that extent. I feel as if real life / daily roleplaying would just be akin to whatever goes on in Forum Games. Our roleplaying would need to be serious in order to stand out.
Yeah, definitely. Like I said, we could have a consistent universe for the whole board and work from there.

Thanks a lot
No problem!

By the way, here's the social group:
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=2324

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yink told me she got around 40 members for the Mario subforum proposal as well as Staff support so we'll need roughly that amount, I guess. I can already present character creation palettes / guidelines and other roleplaying eccentricities so we're set there. We can have country submissions and etc. to create our world, and have roleplaying take place there. I have a handful of links we could use.

I'll talk to Spire, Zook, Firus, Victra, and others to see if we can get more Staff / member support. I'm excited for this.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Yink told me she got around 40 members for the Mario subforum proposal as well as Staff support so we'll need roughly that amount, I guess. I can already present character creation palettes / guidelines and other roleplaying eccentricities so we're set there. We can have country submissions and etc. to create our world, and have roleplaying take place there. I have a handful of links we could use.

I'll talk to Spire, Zook, Firus, Victra, and others to see if we can get more Staff / member support. I'm excited for this.
Ok, I think that we had the same number for the Zelda board. I was one of the guys who posted in FSupport to get this nice board.

That's great! Can you pm me the basic character template that you think we should use?

Yeah, this is going to be great.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'll support anything that encourages forum activity and community development.

<3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
of course you're chinese. we're part of the same bloodline.

you're probably better at english tho

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
All of those games provide completely different gameplay experiences, so they can't really be compared. Just stop while you're ahead; he was joking anyway.

Terywj, if I started a push for a roleplaying board on swf, would you help me out?
Can't dGames be used as a roleplaying board? I dunno what specifically is allowed in there, because I only go in for the rare game of mafia, but I think roleplays would be allowed.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
jus' saying
This is true, and will be one of the major things we'll need to face if we're proposing for a new subforum. However, because there's only a single room for that proper roleplatying cannot be enjoyed because there's so much clutter and other stuff going on with the myriad of Mafia games and etc. A clean board would warrant us roleplayers a "isolated" area for our roleplaying.

@Victra - Hyung, you've probably been learning English for longer than I have.

@Finalark - Feel free to join our social group, where we're gathering supporters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom