• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Melee Circuit

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You're really holding the next circuit event the weekend of thanksgiving?

BunBun

Smash Master
Yes. From the looks of it, it hasn't hurt attendance all that much. Combining this with the fact that we're doing a lot more than 5-6 events this time, it's okay to miss one or two anyway. The ridiculous size of our region makes it so that we have to hold tournaments in sort of satellite locations, so it's to be expected that not everyone will make it to each one. You can't expect Kansas to show up anywhere near Parma, and you can't expect Michigan to make it out to Lawrence.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Thanksgiving is thursday tournament is saturday I really dont see what the big ****ing Problem is oh wait its not a big ****ing problem thats why i have a **** load of people coming

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
i think the reason that people are complaining about thanksgiving tourney is that alot of people visit families on thanks giving, so a lot of peeple are going 2 b with famlys all weak, and can't be like hey mom and dad, I'm going to go to a vidya game tournament and stop hanging out with you guys.

and coheed, I'm not knocking on your tourney or anything, but you shouldn't say you have a bunch of people coming unless the tourney is like a super popular series like tipped off or pound IMO, cause you don't know how many tournies I've been to where it looked like 100 people were going and it turned out to be less than 20, and when it looks like 50, its alot of the times less than 10.

again, not saying your not gonna get people, but don't be surprised thanksgiving weekend if people john out bcuz of famly issues, but good luck though

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm sorry 5 hours is just long if you are still occupied on Friday. I'd have to look into housing...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i think the reason that people are complaining about thanksgiving tourney is that alot of people visit families on thanks giving, so a lot of peeple are going 2 b with famlys all weak, and can't be like hey mom and dad, I'm going to go to a vidya game tournament and stop hanging out with you guys.

and coheed, I'm not knocking on your tourney or anything, but you shouldn't say you have a bunch of people coming unless the tourney is like a super popular series like tipped off or pound IMO, cause you don't know how many tournies I've been to where it looked like 100 people were going and it turned out to be less than 20, and when it looks like 50, its alot of the times less than 10.

again, not saying your not gonna get people, but don't be surprised thanksgiving weekend if people john out bcuz of famly issues, but good luck though
This. I wasn't knocking your tourney. But people have family or go visit family for a whole weekend.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah i tottally understand if people have Family Plans But for those who can come i hope they do come. Most of Ohio is Deff coming we havent had a decent tourney since MoO

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
If i have 50+ For each event Im willing to do $200 in Bonuses now id like to award OoS Smashers the Bonuses unless you would like it to be between 1st 2nd and 3rd or just first What do you guys think?

BunBun

Smash Master
That's your decision. Usually OoS bonus only goes to one person.

As long as you don't forget the 15% of each, do whatever you want with payout =P

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes. From the looks of it, it hasn't hurt attendance all that much. Combining this with the fact that we're doing a lot more than 5-6 events this time, it's okay to miss one or two anyway. The ridiculous size of our region makes it so that we have to hold tournaments in sort of satellite locations, so it's to be expected that not everyone will make it to each one. You can't expect Kansas to show up anywhere near Parma, and you can't expect Michigan to make it out to Lawrence.
we're motha****in' Kansas, every1 has to make it to our tournies.

BunBun?

Smash Rookie
mw circuit is dead and money is all gone
We sent the circuit cut from the first tournament to Ryan's scholorship. That's where the money went. ~$140.

I still can't get into my account, and now I don't live in the MW anymore =(

Coheed, suck this torch! No, but for real, I think Jayford PM'd you all the info.

And again, I bid you all adieu until I can unfuck my life.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Vro, I'll help.

I think it would be a good idea to try to get VGBootCamp Indy to be part of the Circuit. They will get higher attendance in exchange for helping our circuit.

Just make a new thread and weel make this happen.

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how we can incorporate a national circuit event into our midwest melee circuit. maybe we make it the first event so that more midwest comes? MAS already has a good following and that's in an almost conflicting date with Indy.

really, i think i'm just going to host weeklies in the summer at the vrozone and make a circuit out of that.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Eh. Its more about getting something to regularly get everyone together.

Top Bottom