• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the MD/VA Melee Tournament Finder

Bones0

Smash Legend
Definitely.

If by Young Link, you mean that blue bird character. >.>

Nah, I'm not that legit. I'd miss laser spamming after about, idk, 2 minutes?

I seriously was watching some of Laijin's old videos though. lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
Those are the people who keep saying Sonic is in Super Smash Bros.

IT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. GET OVER IT, SONIC WILL NEVER BE IN SUPER SMASH BROS.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
<_<
>_>
V_V

SCHOOL IS STARTING UP SOON!

Hopefully this means College Park biweeklies are also starting up soon

chinesahh

Smash Lord
md/va list imo. groups arent in any order

chu
chillin
tope

cyrain
plank
redd
greg

doll
savedge
voodoo
vist

newb
thumbs
laijin

mahone
winston
chival
wenbo
dk smash

prolly still better than a lot of ppl on this list
azen
wife
omni
hat
boss
hova
husband
korn
kaiser

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think Cyrain deserves a bump up. Didn't he outplace every other Fox besides Jman at Apex?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
md/va list imo. groups arent in any order

chu
chillin
tope

cyrain
plank
redd
greg
travis

doll
savedge
voodoo
vist

newb
thumbs
laijin

mahone
winston
chival
wenbo
dk smash

prolly still better than a lot of ppl on this list
azen
wife
omni
hat
boss
hova
husband
korn
kaiser

thumbs

Fixes in bold

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
The problem with making PRs at this point is the inconsistency of the players' attendance to events. There are too many skillful players that don't show up to the majority of tournaments. For example, Boss is a good player who would probably be on an MDVA PR if he ever showed up to things. He'll play midweek, but he doesn't really go to Melee tournaments, opting to use his Saturday for Brawl tournaments instead.

If we were to do PRs for MDVA, I think it'd be worth setting up a circuit. Only specific tournaments would count towards rankings (announced well in advance), and we'd have a board for further discussion before rankings are made.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, nothing good really comes out of rankings though. They're always too bias and subjective. Everyone knows who the top players in the region are, if you want to be considered one of them just step it up and beat some good names (cyrain style!!!).

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
omfg @ greg's south park post lololol

awesome :laugh:

Yeah, nothing good really comes out of rankings though. They're always too bias and subjective. Everyone knows who the top players in the region are, if you want to be considered one of them just step it up and beat some good names (cyrain style!!!).
I don't give a **** about rankings because they cause too many arguments but I wouldn't say that nothing comes out of them. It definitely increases the sense of competition. Plus its pretty ****** to say you're a "ranked player" in the region lol.

Btw travis, that list needs way more Poehlcat, TheFear, and Ether. Those guys are maaad goodz...well, or so I hear in terms of Ether; I've never played him. He made bracket at APEX though, and thats definitely something.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
omfg @ greg's south park post lololol

awesome :laugh:

I don't give a **** about rankings because they cause too many arguments but I wouldn't say that nothing comes out of them. It definitely increases the sense of competition. Plus its pretty ****** to say you're a "ranked player" in the region lol.

Btw travis, that list needs way more Poehlcat, TheFear, and Ether. Those guys are maaad goodz...well, or so I hear in terms of Ether; I've never played him. He made bracket at APEX though, and thats definitely something.
Lol, Ether never travels so it'd be hard to place him anywhere. Same for me, actually, though I've lost some interest in melee lately. =( I'm kinda stuck here at Tech while everyone else plays.

that list needs way more Poehlcat, TheFear, and Ether.
Maybe, I don't think he's really so good yet. Last I played his Falcon/Marth, he went near even vs my Peach, but this was 4 months ago.

Fear, I haven't played him much, but when I have, he just felt like not a threat.

I think I recorded Ether play teams at Apex, but that's really all I know about him.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Poehlcat and thefear are legit.

So if I hosted smashfests at my apartment in richmond would anybody here come?

Top Bottom