• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the MD/VA Melee Tournament Finder

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
IF you're gonna have rankings have it point based. No panelists needed. Texas does a very good job with this in Brawl.

But like Plank said. Beat some good players and people we'll know you're good.

Cyrain did so good at Apex O.O didn't know he was that good.

When's the next Melee tourney in MD/VA? OP's a little out dated

Bones0

Smash Legend
IF you're gonna have rankings have it point based. No panelists needed. Texas does a very good job with this in Brawl.

But like Plank said. Beat some good players and people we'll know you're good.

Cyrain did so good at Apex O.O didn't know he was that good.

When's the next Melee tourney in MD/VA? OP's a little out dated
Next tourney in mah sig. /hype

I know I'm not really on the side of experience, but I think PRs (point based sounds like the best way to go tbh) would make it easier to improve your seeding rather than just impressing everyone. If someone wins an upset at a tournament, they will still be given the same seed at the next tournament, but if you did PRs based on placings, then winning an upset would probably give you a better seed and then you actually have something to work with the next tournament and can continue to prove yourself rather than trying to pull off a repeat upset against people you shouldn't be facing that early in the bracket.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll ask again, if I hosted smashfests at my apartment in Richmond, would anybody besides richmond people come?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
im gonna try to work something out with the college we all attend, if I do... it'll be a big deal

Also here's my PR

1. Tope on a good day
2. Everyone else
3. Nothing else matters
4. Seriously why are
5. Still reading this?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Shell Shocked tournaments need to start soon. MD/VA really needs to step it up tournament-wise soon. I need to start attending some.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Step it up yourself dawg, haven't you been saying you'll come to tourneys for like months now haha
hahaha yeah good call, I def. do need to step it up. I've just been real amped to attend some MD/VA tournaments, but they haven't been working out too well yet. But hey, the school year just started so there's plenty of chances for me to attend, as long as the tournaments exist haha. So until then, I'll just continue saying "watch out for it" =D

Hopefully after tonight, we can get connections and have those tourneys started.
That'd be awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to that. Shell Shocked and Aftershock tournaments are the most convenient for me so I'll definitely be hitting those up, imo.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
This lists are silly... if u wanna try me MM me. and we will see who is better at the time the money match takes place.... since these lists go mostly off of tourny results... doesnt seem potential is taken into much account... but i guess if u are to make a list it should be done that way.. it's just funny how all the people ln the list could beat each other.. non of it is set in stone... Power rankings are like teir lists... too much speculation.... Ive done some amazing things in this game. but i have seen pople not on the list do just as amazing things.. soo its kinda mehhh.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
sorry i havent been updating. sc2 for days!!!!

but now its updated. hopefully this lack of tourneys will make everyone go to shell shocked!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
G-reg u should also push people to come to Saffron and other OOS tournaments it would help us and you guys to play with us all

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Problem is I don't think anyone is able to drive up there as far as I know. Richmond seems to be the only part of MD/VA that travels for OOS the most.

well if/when im back on/near campus and have access to my car (which i should) id be willing to drive people up north to like NY or some ****. Ive done the drive before and its not bad at all

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the pots in md/va arent big enough for richmond to bother over. we just need a big one so they can "take our money".

whats coming up soon? syphers and shell shocked right?

Top Bottom