• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (massively updated) List of Fox's AT's and Tricks

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
K finished the video, but youtube is fail so it's not uploaded yet,

RPK contributed a lot to the video so i'm sending it to him, we'll try and have it up by tomarow.

the vids got every laser tech thing we could think of. it's over a minute of solid laser techs

Edit: we've been having some troble with the vid, one of the clips is messed up and i have to redo it, but were having trouble sending replays amongst each other so the vid is on hold for the night.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm going to update the OP in both sections right after this..... so consider it done.

Hey thanks heaps for the vid uzimakisensai, I'll add it to the OP under the laser AT's (I might have to re-order some things.) Let me know as soon as you can get that other vid up, I can't wait to check it out.

So I was practicing my boost pivot grab and I realized that you can chaingrab with Fox's f-throw with boost pivoting. IDK if anyone else knew about it but it's worth testing in a battle.
Yeah I 've tried to chaingrab before but it doesn't work with Fox. None the less, as promised I checked it out anyway, and although at some percents you can re-grab your opponent, it's still not a chaingrab because it is possible to escape. Thanks for your input anyway.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm going to update the OP in both sections right after this..... so consider it done.

Hey thanks heaps for the vid uzimakisensai, I'll add it to the OP under the laser AT's (I might have to re-order some things.) Let me know as soon as you can get that other vid up, I can't wait to check it out.

Yeah I 've tried to chaingrab before but it doesn't work with Fox. None the less, as promised I checked it out anyway, and although at some percents you can re-grab your opponent, it's still not a chaingrab because it is possible to escape. Thanks for your input anyway.
I'm gonna try it on different characters. I'm sure someone is just perfect enough to lock in it.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
well, me and RPK FINALY finished the video, so much stuff kept making it take longer.

this has everything from single laser to SHTL to ledge jump 5 laser to arial b-reversal, ect ect ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YybTvC6LQnA

special thanks to RPK on this for contributing so much.

SIIIICK!! What's the timing on the Ledgehop SHTL? Hey I'm about to start working on those grab techs with Fox later on today.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Thanks heaps Uzimakisensai and RPK. I'll add this to the OP. Good job guys!
Good job, guys.
SIIIICK!! What's the timing on the Ledgehop SHTL? Hey I'm about to start working on those grab techs with Fox later on today.
for the ledge hop triple laser, just hang from the ledge drop and IMMEDIATELY push toward the ledge as you jump, then immediately start lasering.

if done right you will jump up start lasering and then fall onto the stage.

thanks, :chuckle:
if you can't make a name for yourself at tournaments, might as well do all the video/at home training stuff :p

spread the good word for fox how ever you can,
speaking of wich, i'm currently working on a combo video, and am about 1/3 done with it, just need to get some more replays to edit in, i'll try and get that dome as soon as i can.

EDIT: me and RPK are making another video showing a bunch of other things fox can do.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So I've done the boost pivot grab and grab-release test against every character (lv 7 computer), because they're the closest thing to human "AI" that I can really get, and here are the results.

Y: Yes
N: No
P: Possible
These results will vary depending on the players, so this is just a "concept," if you will.

Key: OPP, BPG, GR

Mario N N
Luigi N N
Peach N N
Bowser Y Y
DK P N
Diddy N N
Yoshi P P
Wario P Y
Link P P
Zelda P P
Sheik P P
Ganondorf N Y
Toon Link N N
Samus N P
Zero-Suit N P
Pit N N
ROB N N
Kirby N P
MK N N
Dedede P P
Olimar N P
Fox N Y
Falco N P
Wolf N P
C. Falcon N P
Pikachu N! P
Squirtle N P
Ivysaur N P
Charizard N P
Lucario N! PY
Jigglypuff N PY
Marth N P
Ike N P
Ness N N
Lucas N N
Mr. G&W N P
Snake N P
Sonic N Y

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Excel: I'm not sure if I understand what your saying, you might want to be a little clearer. I think what you mean is the first letter (Y, N or P) represents the pivot grab chain grab, and the second letter represents the grab release chain grab. Am I right? Also I'm not sure what the key means or is supposed to be in reference to. Please make it a little more user friendly if you know what I mean. Thx for doing this though, I'm sure it's quite accurate and could help us out. Let me know when you get around to editing it.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Excel: I'm not sure if I understand what your saying, you might want to be a little clearer. I think what you mean is the first letter (Y, N or P) represents the pivot grab chain grab, and the second letter represents the grab release chain grab. Am I right? Also I'm not sure what the key means or is supposed to be in reference to. Please make it a little more user friendly if you know what I mean. Thx for doing this though, I'm sure it's quite accurate and could help us out. Let me know when you get around to editing it.

My friend recorded this info on a spreadsheet and it didn't transfer over too well on to here. I'll re-input the data, screen print it and photobucket it so the picture will show.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
well, me and RPK FINALY finished the video, so much stuff kept making it take longer.

this has everything from single laser to SHTL to ledge jump 5 laser to arial b-reversal, ect ect ect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YybTvC6LQnA

special thanks to RPK on this for contributing so much.
Wow good ****! I applaud you guys for making this video. I should be adding it to the archive later tonight. Stupid chem homework....

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Wow good ****! I applaud you guys for making this video. I should be adding it to the archive later tonight. Stupid chem homework....
If I had known I would have gotten such a good responce on the vid, I would have started making them long ago :laugh:

*On to more Fox video making*

EDIT: i had suggested to me to add music to the vid, any one got some suggestions for the large fox tech video im making?
Right now it's just sound effects from the game and no game music.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Here's the clearer version of it.

BPG-BOOST PIVOT GRAB
GR-GRAB RELEASE

Y=YES
N=NO
P=POSSIBLE (NOT DEFINITE)

Remember, I'm not too sure how effective this is. But let's hope someone that is more competent than I, can make some of this useful. Remember I had Lv. 7 CPU's to work with. So it may all be pretty useless.

RPK

Smash Lord
If I had known I would have gotten such a good responce on the vid, I would have started making them long ago :laugh:

*On to more Fox video making*

EDIT: i had suggested to me to add music to the vid, any one got some suggestions for the large fox tech video im making?
Right now it's just sound effects from the game and no game music.
That YOUR making? -hits- =\

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks. I'll add the link to the OP.
I'm having trouble thinking of any other AT's. Does anyone know any other AT's that are usefull to Fox?
Anyway I'm also going to re-arange the OP in order of moves, Up-B techs, Down-B techs so on, something like that. That will make it easier to find specific AT's and just make it over all neater.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
well im not sure if thee will work for this thread but hay, this is epic discoveries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdF1lynzHE
shine to dash attack is a true combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVuVyp0FZVQ
Nair to up-smash is a lethal combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuXxthl5PMI
shine to up-smash is a REAL combo

and the newest one I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNlbljTpbMg
best one actually. ^.^

These combos basically show that what was once thought as impossible, can be done.
so don't say it can't be done till you test it.

there could still be combos and tricks we dont know of yet.

Peppy Hare: "Never give up. Trust your instincts."

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Dude thats incredible! I don't think people fully understand what this means. I'm making a whole new section for combos. Thanks uzimakisensai. The OP should be updated by the weekend, if not, then it should be done in a few minutes XD.

Edit: All done.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
That aint fair T_T Im the one that discovered the nair to upsmash
it's just how it all worked out that the credit leans towards me, Im the one making all the videos and posts about it.
i seriously dont mean it to happen that way though.

ALL CREDIT FOR THIS NAIR TO UP-SMASH GOES TO RPK SINCE IT WAS HIS IDEAS TO TEST.

Actually i dont think any of the stuff was my idea, i just made the videos and tested to see if they were real.

there we go.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ok, XD I'm sorry RPK, this seems to happen to you a lot hey. Not to worry, I'll just fix the OP, I'll give uzimakisensai credit for the Vids and individual credit (this means you RPK) for the discoveries themselves. There's only one problem with that, Who discovered the Shine to Dash attack and the Shine to Up-smash? Oh well....

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Bumped.
Reasons for bumping are at the the top of the OP, but pretty much, this thread has been updated to the point that it is now an entirely different thread. So you can ignore all the posts before this one as they probably won't make sense because they are now irrelevant.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So you guys want this stickied? >_>

Top Bottom