• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The MAGFest Results Thread, (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
one thing i notice that melee has that brawl doesn't is that you can improve, i go back and play people in brawl and i do just as good as did 5 months ago, the same stuff works that worked 5 months ago

i remember in melee when i'd play someone i'd beat them and the next time i'd play them they'd get better, i notice improvement everytime, and lol @ people 3 stocking brawl is inconsistant, sometimes people 2 stock me other times beat them or get very close, it seems to me anyone can do well as long as they focus, whereas in melee though if a player was better and had more experience they win by the same amount every game, not inconsistancy

the point i'm trying to make is melee has a higher improvement curve, while brawl has a very shallow improvement curve with not much growth, i put a lot of time in melee to get as good as i did, i don't feel like putting in the same amount of effort into a game where the skill would only be a fraction of what it could be potentially in a game, i feel like devoting practice to a game where i actually notice improvement and it pays off later
i know melee is barely played anymore, but brawl just isn't very skillful, it's fun but not a very skillful competitive fighting game, anyone can pick it up, thats my point, and thats what sakurai wanted so...*shrug?
Well said Blues <3

Lobos

Smash Master
Is this thing regular? I could do well here. Except I could never beat kirbstir. Even if I could, I wouldn't, because he's too awesome.

edit: lol does lobos play toon link still? i remember playing him at the last brawl tourney I went to in like may, and he won by spamming projectiles, so I counter spammed him with snakedashing and won lol.
Yeah TL all the way and that was back in may. I think the only snake I lose to is that scrub named candy :p

R4ZE

Smash Ace
hi Top Tier haters :laugh:
yeah you placed 9th in non paid tourney, and you would place last in paid tourney lol

..take some chill pills
lol wow. i guess im the arrogant ******* right guys?

wish i was a hai renkin membor uf societiez

"korn, his arrogance is maximum"

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This topic just keeps on its landslide pace into hatred

I'm playing Melee at Plank's hopefully, if I wake up early enough

If not, oh well, I will play Brawl. I love Brawl and Melee, both are too funz

In fact, Melee was the only game I played with friends on a regular basis for over 6 years, we just never were seriously competitive

I beat them all the time, with Fox, and they played other characters like Ganon and Samus and couldn't beat me much.

EDIT: I also love Smash 64, and played that a ridiculous amount of time

Heat09

Smash Rookie
Tsk tsk look what Brawl does to people.

Let's talk about Melee :)
Seb shut up.

I think I might start practicing in melee again seeing as how the only time I play brawl is right before a tourney. Yay lets hop back on the meat train. Extra homo.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Melee is apparently a super friendly game which nobody ever argues about.

Not even when Manacloud used to R.O.B. everyone or when chillin got Snake-grabbed by Red Marth.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
my friend rob R went to magfest he plays pretty casually im surprised he did so well i think he said he lost to korn and kirbstir . :(
yeah Rob was talking about you :p lol

lol wow. i guess im the arrogant ******* right guys?

wish i was a hai renkin membor uf societiez

"korn, his arrogance is maximum"
Hi! again haters

but why are you still here ? :laugh:

let's have some low tier MMs lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How are you going to mm each other? Wait for the next magfest? If so, I'll low tier mm people too.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
We should actually try to get more smash players to go to magfest. And we should have daily smash tournaments there rly. 1 tournament for a 3 day event is lame. and a lot of players miss it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
We should actually try to get more smash players to go to magfest. And we should have daily smash tournaments there rly. 1 tournament for a 3 day event is lame. and a lot of players miss it.
Melee was on the 2nd day.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
How are you going to mm each other? Wait for the next magfest? If so, I'll low tier mm people too.
i just realize that lol
but im not going back to magfest next year i think... i got bored after tournaments.. there is nothing to do -_-

it's lame because you only play Brawl..
there is melee tourney on friday..

total it was 5 tourneys for smash series...... smash64 singles, Melee singles,doubles brawl singles,doubles

R4ZE

Smash Ace
well, magfest is not centered around brawl at all. It is kind of just an added bonus that it is there at all really. Plus there are other game tournaments as well, and none of it costs money to enter. In previous years the tournaments have had better prizes, though i don't think it was ever cash.

@korn- i did enter the melee singles, i showcased my roy side-b spam abilities, but my timing is off and my skils are in bad form because i havent played melee in like a year... i got shinku's c.falcon down to 1 stock but his marth ***** me. he was my 2nd opponent, i dont even think i continued to play in loser's bracket.

Most magfest goers actually go for the video game music community btw.
http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25506

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We had 5 tourneys actually

Smash 64 at Thursday on Midnight
Smash Melee Singles/Doubles on Friday at noon and 3:30
Smash Brawl Singles/Doubles on Saturday at noon and 5

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Seb shut up.

I think I might start practicing in melee again seeing as how the only time I play brawl is right before a tourney. Yay lets hop back on the meat train. Extra homo.
Eh? :( Come on man, you remember our Falcon dittos until 9 am at Katsu last year? You can't ****ing tell me you weren't having an amazing time because those matches were ridiculously fun. Brawl just doesn't give me that feeling, and I know it doesn't for you otherwise you wouldn't even contemplate playing Melee again and you'd be showing up to more Brawl tournies.

Come on man, your Falcon was a beast, bring it back :)

R.O.B. is pronounced "rob"... and Manacloud charged absurd amounts for recording and merchandise... get it? It's not funny when I have to explain it.
Along with Ken, he also stole about $6000 from the pot at OC3. Yeah, I'm not kidding with that number either. And when they were asked what happened to all the money, neither ever responded and disappeared from the Smash community.

Heat09

Smash Rookie
@Seb

Well I guess I can agree with you there. Melee made me turn down sex that night. My girl at the time was pissed as hell. FINE I'll practice more Melee but I won't be able to make the tourney this weekend.

@Boss
I'll just say school has been ****ing with me lately and I needed to sacrifice some things. I'm trying to get back on the scene though. That and brawl just isn't that fun to me anymore. The community is the only thing keeping that game alive for me.

Top Bottom