• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Just_Gabe

Smash Rookie
Random question, am I the only Luigi-user that can't stan his alternate costume/colors?
Yes, and you suck because of that and I would ban you and kill your family and eat your dog because Luigi's white costume, THE PURIFICATOR, THE HOLY MONK RULZ!!!

Just kidding :)

XD Am I the only loved Marth here? =P
Luigi and Marth are natural enemies...

And still no input about how to fight MK? it's the matchup I hate the most...I hate meta-spam with a passion =/

BigLøu

Smash Lord
yes hippie i cant stand the mk matchup. I need like god himself to come down and show me how its done.

Seriously if anybody has any help/advice or ANYTHING for the mk matchup please please please aim me/ post it. I've mastered every matchup except that one.

WIGI

Smash Champion
hmm mks i don't seem to have toruble with, itys G+W that ***** me.. for mks i use lots of fireballs, most of them tend to dash grab you alot, your dsmash is as fast as theirs at the front iirc i tend to backthrow more than dthrow, because throw to up air they can usualy do an ariel out of.

sheild the tornado if you can, ive beaten tornado with upsmash from the side and dair from the top.

focus on getting lots of fsmashes in, and use fireballs alot when they are recovering.

and yes. taunt spike.

uhm. switch up your recovery alot, sweet spot the ledge, carefull coming in low they can **** you, same with high, just see what they are going to do, and wait to use your cyclone

oh! only do this if your balsy enough. sit on the edge and charge your green missle. mk is fast, but no projectiles, with some mindgames, you can get really early k.os.W

but yeah early kos is were its at, upsmash fmsahses and shryukens are a must. other than this. DO NOT BE AGRESSIVE. use fireballs, retrating, mix it up with dairs and fairs ect. bair walls can work sometimes. but just keep your distance until they leave an opening. this isn;t a character you combo really, its a few hits here and there then a finisher. us luigi mains are to focused on comboing thats why we loose against mk.

hope that helped.

/this coming form a retired player xD

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
yes hippie i cant stand the mk matchup. I need like god himself to come down and show me how its done.

Seriously if anybody has any help/advice or ANYTHING for the mk matchup please please please aim me/ post it. I've mastered every matchup except that one.
We neeeeeed to have a LBR mega luigi vs MK brainstorm or something. I can't figure it out either. =/

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
biglou is it okay i can upload all the vids from your set with Will_? I mean i know u got uberly ***** with your snake against his DK and his Mk on your luigi ._.

We need some high level luigi vs high level mk the most up to date vid srsly lol

WIGI

Smash Champion
dk-> don't get uptiltied. get inside and combo him ot hell, get him off stage, then contuniously fireeball him offstage, he dies.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Then start talking weenie head.
I'm not a weenie head >:@ lolz

Theres a pretty good DK up here, and I MM him every time I see him. Heres what to do from my experience, though I obviously haven't played anyone like Bum or the mega pro DKs.

Fair and fireball are all you need to space. You can keep DK where you want him with SH fireballs and SH fairs if you keep yourself at the proper distance. Your fair beats almost all of his aerials simply because its so fast. So the idea is keep him in the air with grounded fireballs, when he gets too close be sneaky and SH fair. You don't just spam those two, but they are your key moves in the matchup, so you should mix them into whatever random tactic you're employing all the time.

Recovery very very high. DK has no hops, so he can't bair you if you're way up high. You can also use torado/Dair to safely get to the ground. You can outrange his Uair with Dair, but if he is baiting you its not too bad to fast drop with tornado to get to the ground.

Ermm I wish my matches from last weekend got recorded, otherwise this might make a lot more sense. Urghz.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm not a weenie head >:@ lolz

Theres a pretty good DK up here, and I MM him every time I see him. Heres what to do from my experience, though I obviously haven't played anyone like Bum or the mega pro DKs.

Fair and fireball are all you need to space. You can keep DK where you want him with SH fireballs and SH fairs if you keep yourself at the proper distance. Your fair beats almost all of his aerials simply because its so fast. So the idea is keep him in the air with grounded fireballs, when he gets too close be sneaky and SH fair. You don't just spam those two, but they are your key moves in the matchup, so you should mix them into whatever random tactic you're employing all the time.

Recovery very very high. DK has no hops, so he can't bair you if you're way up high. You can also use torado/Dair to safely get to the ground. You can outrange his Uair with Dair, but if he is baiting you its not too bad to fast drop with tornado to get to the ground.

Ermm I wish my matches from last weekend got recorded, otherwise this might make a lot more sense. Urghz.
I declare you super weenie head.

Wtf. Don't be saying luigi's chop can beat out DK cuz if your saying that, you must be smoking crack from Cuba or some ****. DK's bair when it's spaced beats out EVERYTHING we throw at him. Bair can cancel fireballs, still hit you and still maintain at a safe position even if we're shielding, we're being pushed back assuming we're not PSing him. This resets the situation. This is why I strive on the fact we have to get inside. Oh and Bair and our fair come out same frame, 7 lol. just sayin.

and recovering high is usually bad/risky. As always, if your WAY HIGH UP, your only option is to attack them or airdodge, which is easily punished with anything.

Look at :25-26.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTMbaMkVQU&feature=related

oh yeah here's all of biglou's matchs against Will_ in grand finals tourney set. DK and MK are hax0rz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqJTTB9euM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WGCpNat1m4&feature=related

hazuki512 (12:00:02 PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTDugsfWAM&feature=related
hazuki512 (12:00:19 PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTMbaMkVQU&feature=related

TreK

Is "that guy"
I declare you super weenie head.

Wtf. Don't be saying luigi's chop can beat out DK cuz if your saying that, you must be smoking crack from Cuba or some ****. DK's bair when it's spaced beats out EVERYTHING we throw at him. Bair can cancel fireballs, still hit you and still maintain at a safe position even if we're shielding, we're being pushed back assuming we're not PSing him. This resets the situation. This is why I strive on the fact we have to get inside. Oh and Bair and our fair come out same frame, 7 lol. just sayin.

and recovering high is usually bad/risky. As always, if your WAY HIGH UP, your only option is to attack them or airdodge, which is easily punished with anything.

Look at :25-26.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTMbaMkVQU&feature=related

oh yeah here's all of biglou's matchs against Will_ in grand finals tourney set. DK and MK are hax0rz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqJTTB9euM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WGCpNat1m4&feature=related

hazuki512 (12:00:02 PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiTDugsfWAM&feature=related
hazuki512 (12:00:19 PM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTMbaMkVQU&feature=related
Yeah DK's bair is pretty annoying ; but it's pretty obvious when he's going to use it since he has to be facing the other way before he jumps/he has to RAR which anyway gives WAAAY more than 7 frames to react :o
You still can't do anything about it except running away, but DK has to land sometimes.
This is not MK's case. *is happy to co-main diddy*

Famous

Smash Champion
I was looking at biglou's matches and....here's what I think

1.As Luigi, you need to utilize is Jab WAYYY more...Jab itself disrupts the opponent from doing anything for a split second...Jab leads to 80% of Luigi's set-ups...

2.You kept walking into the ****...When you were close to him it seemed like you froze up...Just Jab or do a retreating Dair

3. You overused Nair in many situations...You need to switch up approaches and set-ups alot more..especially against MK...Instead of Dair->Nair you could Dair-FF Spot Dodge to Jab-Then grab or walk away...

4. You didn't use fireballs enough SH Balls-Fairs and SH Balls-Nairs when they approach from below...

MK isn't that hard, just have to play patient...Once you do you'll be 2-3 stocking most of them...Never approach MK, let MK approach you....remember this.

[EDIT]

One more thing...you spot dodge and block even though your out of your opponents attack range....Stop that or they will start to exploit it..

BigLøu

Smash Lord
biglou is it okay i can upload all the vids from your set with Will_? I mean i know u got uberly ***** with your snake against his DK and his Mk on your luigi ._.

We need some high level luigi vs high level mk the most up to date vid srsly lol
Yea thats fine hippie

Famous here is the main problem I have with mk.

For one thing I can't do anything at all to approach him which already puts luigi in a bad spot. Luigi has an extremely poor defensive game and any mk with a brain will take advantage of this. Mks fair forces luigi back on shield thnaks to the brilliant idea of having him slide after every move. And once your off the level wooooooooooo............. stock gone. I do need to use jab more, and you're right about walking into the **** lol i tend to do that alot.

plus mk played at the gayest level of playing is just a pure nightmare-_-

The mann- yea that matchup is currently a lot safer with me =(

Famous

Smash Champion
When MK Fairs my shield I usually Jab or DSmash OoS...It hit occasionally.. If MK Fairs me off the ledge I usually Uair since MK will be tailing you after sliding off...

If you do get caught offstage DO NOT use your 2nd jump...Instead just use DownB recovery ASAP...DownB will cross hits with whatever MK does sometimes...On top of that you can keep using DownB if you never actually finish the move...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
See thats what i like to hear. Concrete explanation on what to do in a given situation.

Thank you famous, and I'm going to apply this next torueny i go to.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Well then hippie, you're a big stupid doo doo head! >_<

And thats what I do to beat DK, so I dunno. Its really easy to dodge his stupid bair when you're onstage, and everything you have is faster soo... Ur doin' it wrong.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Well then hippie, you're a big stupid doo doo head! >_<

And thats what I do to beat DK, so I dunno. Its really easy to dodge his stupid bair when you're onstage, and everything you have is faster soo... Ur doin' it wrong.
So show me vids super weenie headz. It's probably either I make wrong decisions, you have better PSing, better reflexes or all of the above >__>. I know biglou made some wrong decisions against Will's DK sooo lol.

Btw just wondering, do you guys have like top tier observation skills like you can up patterns within like first 3 mins of the match but you can't do what you want to do since it's need reflexes? I'm having this problem lol. Or vice versa >_>.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I think luigi vs dk is a sttange matchup. It's not extremely difficult once you can get inside dk, but its a pain to get in.

Top Bottom