• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I don't so much mind being above Wario in the air. Dair is faster than Wario's Uair so you can just wait him out if he goes for Uair and react accordingly.

Though I haven't played any PRO Warios so who knows. I have played good ones though.

B!squick

Smash Master
I don't so much mind being above Wario in the air. Dair is faster than Wario's Uair so you can just wait him out if he goes for Uair and react accordingly.

Though I haven't played any PRO Warios so who knows. I have played good ones though.
Have you played PhantomX?

THEN YOU KNOW NOTHING! :U

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol, Luigi has no options to get past Wario's ftilt when he's at the edge, it's kinda sad/funny.
pretty much this -_-. I kept getting wrecked on being on ledge. AND WHY THE **** DID I DIE FROM A CHARGING FULLY FSMASH'D BY A LUCARIO PLAYER WHEN I WAS ON THE EDGE? omfg -.-.

seriously, luigi is bottom tier on the edge espically if they're spaced correctly and have better range then you. ugh. If you recover high, you pretty much die from a upair or juggled like a beast.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
pretty much this -_-. I kept getting wrecked on being on ledge. AND WHY THE **** DID I DIE FROM A CHARGING FULLY FSMASH'D BY A LUCARIO PLAYER WHEN I WAS ON THE EDGE? omfg -.-.

seriously, luigi is bottom tier on the edge espically if they're spaced correctly and have better range then you. ugh. If you recover high, you pretty much die from a upair or juggled like a beast.
Marth is the worst...just trying play a good Marth when you're on the edge.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Marth is the worst...just trying play a good Marth when you're on the edge.
I already know that lol. It's like a fight to get back on stage. I do it to chic all the time on wifi :laugh: just a retreating Fair wrecks every option we have.

None are truly effective/safe, you have to mix them up constantly to keep your opponent guessing which one to counter (kind of like Snake's Dthrow techchase)
pretty much agreed to this. it's simply outthinking your opponent.

So what IS Luigi's best option for the ledge? I always get smashed.
imo fireball/ ledgedrop any aerial to a tornado. the problem with fireball is that things like a retreating marth Fair, can cancel out the fireball, still hit you at tipper range and still be safe overall and reset the situation. Ledgedrop tornados work too but it'll get predicted easily.

i also remember boss only doing ledgedrop dair to tornado and fireball but never gets punished for it idk why. but i also remember ninjalink told me something about prediction and mixups, something with conditioning too. iunno lol

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I personally prefer steak and ribs.

And not because of the Sonic icon. :p Bacon's amazing too, I'd rather main Bacon than Luigi.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
BaconSalt. <3

Bacon bits are good on anything.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Bacon also gives us the most unhealthy food I can find:

Bacon+Mayonaise=Baconnaise. "Everything should just taste like bacon." I beg to differ.

So what's better? If we go by taste, I'd assume bacon... Luigi is a plumber after all. But if we go by KO potential, bacon's saturated fats just don't cut it. And if we go by sexyness... well, let's just say Daisy was porked by Luigi and not the other way around.

TreK

Is "that guy"
no lol, don't worry

we te ef @ thread title... WHO THE HELL except me IS NOOB ENOUGH TO STICKJUMP :o

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
no lol, don't worry

we te ef @ thread title... WHO THE HELL except me IS NOOB ENOUGH TO STICKJUMP :o
Actually,you'd be HIGHLY surprised. Don't feel like spitting out his name because he's my lover but he plays already good enough with sexy buffer speed and has precision to be doing SHs and buffer with Control Stick. But he just found out how relatively easy it is to jump with Y, also he didn't know how to shield grab with L+R+A.

It's amazing how you can dramatically improve your game just by the littlest simple stuff you did know. :laugh: <33

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
You didn't know how to shield grab with L/R+A? My goodness, chic, you have to be the singlemost best player without technical ability. Back when I knew how to FFAD and you didn't, when I knew how to sweetspot with Green Missile and you didn't, when I knew how to AD Buffer and you didn't, and apparently when I knew how to properly shield grab and you didnt... even through all that time you STILL beat me.

Everytime you surprise me with something basic you just learned, I keep wondering how much more beastly you're gonna get. Kudos, chic, you keep finding room to improve even though you're already up there.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
You didn't know how to shield grab with L/R+A? My goodness, chic, you have to be the singlemost best player without technical ability. Back when I knew how to FFAD and you didn't, when I knew how to sweetspot with Green Missile and you didn't, when I knew how to AD Buffer and you didn't, and apparently when I knew how to properly shield grab and you didnt... even through all that time you STILL beat me.

Everytime you surprise me with something basic you just learned, I keep wondering how much more beastly you're gonna get. Kudos, chic, you keep finding room to improve even though you're already up there.
Come on... A guy with an avatar that sexy can't be anything BUT beastly. :laugh:

I'd like to play a set vs you Chic, when I finally get my hands on a Wii :urg:

TreK

Is "that guy"
*is disapointed*
so the other stickjumping luigi is a pro :(

noob status ftw :o
(actually except that i can't SH with X or Y, I'm pretty technical :o left-handed johnz)

Top Bottom