• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
None of those make a sound as gratifying as a Shoryuken "Ping!" though, except Judgments.
Ah yes, I had totally forgotten about the noises, still noise>epicness? Debatable. :p

hippiedude92 said:
I just got button mashing tornado w/o second jump almost done, but I can't do it like consistently like Boss or Locuan can >__>. Foot+thumb finger action FTW.
Awesome keep going for it.

Icyo said:
How do you gain that speed anyway? There has to be some excercise I can do with my thumb. Jumpless Rising Cyclone is on my list of things to do.
I can tell you guys the way I do so but it just sounds wrong. Anyways w/e feel free to LOL.

What I do is instead of holding the controller and mashing b with the thumb, I just hold the controller with my left hand and just take my right hand and just move the whole arm (right) in small but quick vibrations (see what I mean that it sound weird? lol).

Hopefully, you'll get the idea. (In the non-double meaning way xD.)

Famous

Smash Champion
It's easy to use Luigi's DownB...Just get out there and play alot of Mario Party to work your mashing skills

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Anyone know the speed difference.....like how many times you have to hit it for grounded cyclone vs aerial cyclone

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use a turbo controller because I'm a *****.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Anyone know the speed difference.....like how many times you have to hit it for grounded cyclone vs aerial cyclone
been wondering this too. my theory is that it's exactly the same as melee. that's just a theory though, but with slightly lesser button mashing for a full nado.

IN MELEE

Tornado (B-Down)

If you press B (#)....Height gained
14+ times per second...Highest amount of height will be gained
12-13 times per second...2/3 the maximum height
8-10 times per second...1/2 the maximum height
5-7 times per second...0 height gained (maintains height; stalls)
Less than 5... Loss

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I also win Mario Party games because of it.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I use a turbo controller because I'm a *****.
That's banned in most tourneys

I'm able to do it, but not on the spur of the moment in an actual game. It's on my to do list, but I never really get any opportunities to practice Jumpless Rising Cyclone...

Did I mention I don't own a Wii? :ohwell:

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
You can do cyclone w/o jump? whata gangsta
I want you to see my recoveries after around 2:30 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9lZFyH7V8

Once you see it, you will never question my ability to do a JRC like you did ever again. Really, I just use any excuse I can find to show off my recoveries.

EDIT: The Rising Cyclone works differently now. I would like to give some insight on the "how fast does B need to be pressed", but frankly, I'd rather save it for a "10 things you probably didn't know about the cyclone" thread I'm gonna make.

TreK

Is "that guy"
i'm left handed, idk if that is a valid john toward not being able to JRC :/

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Good luck hippie and chic. The underdog will become the top dog!

Teneban, I would assume being a lefty grants you the right to john about not being able to mash B fast enough... for now. My left hand can't mash as fast as my right hand, but I bet it can mash faster than most of you can mash with your right. And with practice, it would improve. What I'm saying is that you might still be able to do it with your right hand if you practice enough. Lock your fingers together and vibrate your arm if you must.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
No bull, but you can try using your foot for button mashing. It gave me 1/4th rise on the torando. works for me sometimes. But I'd doubt in tourney play the guy next to you would want to smell your stinky feet lmfao.

WIGI

Smash Champion
S0o0o0o0o.... who wants to make me a Taunt spike themed combo video. It will be 90% taunt spikes and 10% other epic things ive done and 20% just good combos.

i have like. a hundred replays on my wii of tauntspieks and combos ive done in tourneys and stuff. id uplaod them to sd card, e-mail all the bin files to you. then you go nuts?

because i can't upload stuff anymore =[

but yeah it would be cool and apreciated =]

i have SO MUCH GOOD FOOTADGE YOU WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO FIT IT ALL IN. and some things will BLOW YOUR MIND.

pm me =]

WIGI

Smash Champion
and i do it well.

so after playeing alot of melee, i played some brawl. and i reflexed teched a tauntspike on halberd. but i forgot that brawl had teching at all and thn i forgot to recover after.

BUT SERIOSL SUMOEN MAKE ME A VID.

B!squick

Smash Master
Man, I really hate Samus. :/ Against anyone else she's terrible, but I get dominated if I play as Luigi, what's up with that?

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Man, I really hate Samus. :/ Against anyone else she's terrible, but I get dominated if I play as Luigi, what's up with that?
I find the godly Zair a tad annoying, but aside from that, I don't have much trouble. Just watch out for the Dair spikes, Dair techchases and projectile spam.

B!squick

Smash Master
The people I play are terrible and don't do stuff like that. It's mostly all the lingering hitboxes that last longer than the air and spot dodges.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
The people I play are terrible and don't do stuff like that. It's mostly all the lingering hitboxes that last longer than the air and spot dodges.
Aside From Fair, what hitboxes does she have that linger that much? Usmash does but it's terribad, Dtilt lingers a bit, but it's range isn,t really suited to countering a character that's always in the air, like Luigi.

Could you be more specific plz?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
and i do it well.

so after playeing alot of melee, i played some brawl. and i reflexed teched a tauntspike on halberd. but i forgot that brawl had teching at all and thn i forgot to recover after.

BUT SERIOSL SUMOEN MAKE ME A VID.
Is that the one you pulled on me?

WIGI

Smash Champion
i unno maybey xD

anyways i rapespiekd locuans metaknight today. and combod him too. alot. twas fun. i think i was winning mroe luigi dittos than him

SOMEONE MAKE ME A VIDEO.

KK nvmd Yosh is uplaoding them all for me (what a guy!) then il edit it meselfs =]

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
But then you got three stocked by my MK :D.

EPIC reverse shuttle loop taunt spike though (put that in teh vid!)

Yea today Luigi ditto's were hax, I had to go Capn Falcon :O.

WIGI

Smash Champion
But then you got three stocked by my MK :D.

EPIC reverse shuttle loop taunt spike though (put that in teh vid!)

Yea today Luigi ditto's were hax, I had to go Capn Falcon :O.
you only 3 stolked me once, i think i even one a few times. AGAINST MK.

and lets not talk about the other times i 3 stocked or jved YOU.

and my **** g+W combo before i left. like. omg so hax.

hows my wario?

i playt him for fun. and i don;t really ever play g+w

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be cool if we had a Mario and Luigi combo video collab with the Mario boards. A team brawl video! With all the sexy things they can do together!....

With the Chemical Brother's song Leave Home.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I second Kig's idea. We need some doubles footage of a real match with cape ****.

Mario Grab -> Ground Release -> Shoryuken -> Cape.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
If it's any character like Peach or CF, yea man, I'm still trying to learn them, but yea the two games where you won against MK were legit, (let's try that @ Genesis though :p).

Eh, w/e more practice.

@Kig, sounds like a good idea, if you guys can get your replays /send them to someone with a capture device to later send the whole files to me O.o I wouldn't mind editing it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's too bad there isn't a single person that can go through that long, time-consuming project.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I take it the tourney didn't go so well. :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
k so, i have made it offical that luigi is the worst char on the edge espically against ppl with longer range than him. because of this, i will cry because of how i get wrecked by silly things
Lol, Luigi has no options to get past Wario's ftilt when he's at the edge, it's kinda sad/funny.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Lol, Luigi has no options to get past Wario's ftilt when he's at the edge, it's kinda sad/funny.
Srsly? You could always drop off the ledge jump and tornado at an angle away from the ledge then float on to safety? Drop off double jump fireball? You could probably even clank it with a Uair pretty easy.

Or are you talking when Luigi is trying to recover horizontally? You can just green missile underneath the ledge and sweetspot.

So I have no idea what you're talking about or you just play bad weegees.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Srsly? You could always drop off the ledge jump and tornado at an angle away from the ledge then float on to safety? Drop off double jump fireball? You could probably even clank it with a Uair pretty easy.

Or are you talking when Luigi is trying to recover horizontally? You can just green missile underneath the ledge and sweetspot.

So I have no idea what you're talking about or you just play bad weegees.
It's how I did a buttload of damage to Boss. If you're grabbing the edge, and Wario spaces to where his fist is a little bit behind edge level, you can't get back onstage unless you tornado high, which leaves you vulnerable to upairs (well spaced upairs beat out Luigi's moveset) or bair or Wafts or whatever (you really don't want to be offstage against someone with such a fast interrupt and poke game as Wario, plus the added threat of wafts). If you try to get onto the stage with anything the ftilt will beat it (it beats or trades hits with all of Luigis moves, which is why I tell people to save it for killing if they can, and it destroys fireballs).

Top Bottom