• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

TreK

Is "that guy"
lol Lounis.
Well I'm no better... I don't quit smash for two reasons :
1) I have made friends there and we have an excuse to hang out if we host a tourney
2) when you tell a chick you think you're beginning to like you attend video game tournaments and she goes like 'zomg you're a geek', chances are she'll fall in love with the first douchebag she'll meet after you and post 'all men are the same :(' on facebook two weeks later. That's an awesome dumb-chick-filter.

Still no critique on my replays ? Maybe I should have had them recorded ?

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Well I'm no better... I don't quit smash for two reasons :
1) I have made friends there and we have an excuse to hang out if we host a tourney
2) when you tell a chick you think you're beginning to like you attend video game tournaments and she goes like 'zomg you're a geek', chances are she'll fall in love with the first douchebag she'll meet after you and post 'all men are the same :(' on facebook two weeks later. That's an awesome dumb-chick-filter.

Still no critique on my replays ? Maybe I should have had them recorded ?
yeah I'll look at them now. I've been busy with hw. Right now I just took the biggest hw down.

Edit: nvm I got caught up in other stuff, BUT TONIGHT I'LL WATCH THEM.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
My one friend that I play says throwing out double fsmash is a bad idea and it shouldn't work.

If that's true, then why does he still fall for it? :troll:
depends. If you throw out the tilted one against your opponent who doesn't know about Luigi's IASA frames(which is everyone) they'll run into the regular fsmash trying to punish the tilted fsmash. Best bait ever.

@teneban
I just saw your replays. The pikachu one I think you did really good. The diddy kong one
- Diddy's like to throw bananas at you which forces you to shield, dodge, or react. Then they punish it. Don't fall for this game.
- Duck under peanuts.
- before the ice transformation came on Ps2 you had perfectly forced the diddy to use his up b. When this happens you have to be ready to cyclone him.

This is all I got. Imo for europe's standard you're a really good Luigi over there. aggressive, but smart. I wouldn't be surprised if you were close to Boss' level. Keep repping Luigi. :luigi2:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
every time i see luigisama i think it's a misspelling of louisiana.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
depends. If you throw out the tilted one against your opponent who doesn't know about Luigi's IASA frames(which is everyone) they'll run into the regular fsmash trying to punish the tilted fsmash. Best bait ever.
Exactly why I do it. Soooo funny when it works xD

The tech video looks pretty good. Something I want to ask actually, is how to rising cyclone from the ledge without the fastfall (as seen in the video). I know it's been said before but I forget what was said about it. Do you have to buffer a certain way to avoid the fastfall? (i.e. don't press down all the way to start cyclone)

TreK

Is "that guy"
@teneban
I just saw your replays. The pikachu one I think you did really good. The diddy kong one
- Diddy's like to throw bananas at you which forces you to shield, dodge, or react. Then they punish it. Don't fall for this game.
- Duck under peanuts.
- before the ice transformation came on Ps2 you had perfectly forced the diddy to use his up b. When this happens you have to be ready to cyclone him.
Thanks for the rewiew dude :D

Luigisama

Smash Champion
every time i see luigisama i think it's a misspelling of louisiana.
Lol

Exactly why I do it. Soooo funny when it works xD

The tech video looks pretty good. Something I want to ask actually, is how to rising cyclone from the ledge without the fastfall (as seen in the video). I know it's been said before but I forget what was said about it. Do you have to buffer a certain way to avoid the fastfall? (i.e. don't press down all the way to start cyclone)
You just softly press down on the control stick. Also I guess I'll upload a video of my hand motions during rising cyclone sometime this week. Just be prepared to see the fastest hand motions that you'll ever see.. lol I don't think it'll be too fast.
Thanks for the rewiew dude :D
np.

Edit: Biglou using Luigi for one last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=PLEBEDE37F8AC06783&v=6SG1oZbuuBU#t=471s

TreK

Is "that guy"
I reaaaally like how you wait for those upBs when somebody lets you get in. It's much more powerful than a regular 'you just ate your own face' upB, it's a 'you just ate your own face. Oh and btw I read you like a book' upB.

Luigisama

Smash Champion

TreK

Is "that guy"
or low ?
I read somewhere in the tier list thread that some people want to make us go down again x)

Madness !

TreK

Is "that guy"
I do this in doubles, but in singles I've yet to find a use :/

We don't have a jab lock anyway, do we ? (maybe ftilt down ?)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Anyone have some tips against Ike? I keep losing to Ryo :(

:phone:
Watch out for his sword. Also prevent Ike's fair approaches with fireball so that he thinks before throwing them out. Don't recover from below with cyclone on the edge you might get spiked by Ike's dtilt.

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Watch out for his sword. Also prevent Ike's fair approaches with fireball so that he thinks before throwing them out. Don't recover from below with cyclone on the edge you might get spiked by Ike's dtilt.
Thanks, ill try to use more fireballs. My biggest problem was trying to recover. Since he would upair if I recovered from top. Counter and bair if I approached from the side, and dtilt from below. Plus its Ryo lol

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hccsmab2z70

My offline mario in action? o_0
i'd try to get some offline weegee stuff soon....i promise. xD

I do agree on what boss is saying though. gimpin ike as mario is free...
Cape his up-b (sword) and :troll:

Hmm...weegee nado can interupt ike's up-b? i gotta try that out sometime.
My luigi is getting really good btw. :)

EDIT:

^ Would anyone here rock these to a tourney? (I know i would)

yoshq

Smash Master
Anyone have some tips against Ike? I keep losing to Ryo :(

Ryo is a rapist... but my tips vs him as a player would be walk around and retreat a lot. And spam smashes because he likes to run in and shield.
He's so unafraid of bananas...
OMG LOU IS USING WEEGEE,I JUS CAME.......speaking of *******..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKZUep9I80&fb_source=message <---- orgasmic

apparently the magic number is 122 xD

only the 1st 2 vids....i jus need to stop spamming the spotdodge button,mainly just a bait/mindgame
DON'T LET ME GET IN MY ZONE

TreK

Is "that guy"
He's so unafraid of bananas...
Well now that you point it out, why should we ever be afraid of bananas as Luigi ?
Stale bananas only deal 1 to 2% max and we can avoid the followups if we land in the right places.
The rewards of stealing a banana are far greater than what we risk : a free way into Diddy's comfort zone.

Of course we have to know what we're doing, not do this everytime, blah blah blah, but that's exactly what I see Lou doing in this vid.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hccsmab2z70

My offline mario in action? o_0
i'd try to get some offline weegee stuff soon....i promise. xD

I do agree on what boss is saying though. gimpin ike as mario is free...
Cape his up-b (sword) and :troll:

Hmm...weegee nado can interupt ike's up-b? i gotta try that out sometime.
My luigi is getting really good btw. :)

EDIT:

^ Would anyone here rock these to a tourney? (I know i would)
Yooooooooooo, those shoes. I need a pair of those in a week for a tourney.

yoshq

Smash Master
Well now that you point it out, why should we ever be afraid of bananas as Luigi ?
Stale bananas only deal 1 to 2% max and we can avoid the followups if we land in the right places.
The rewards of stealing a banana are far greater than what we risk : a free way into Diddy's comfort zone.

Of course we have to know what we're doing, not do this everytime, blah blah blah, but that's exactly what I see Lou doing in this vid.
I've always been afraid of approaching a shielding banana holding diddy.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
That wi-fi lag kept me & sama from doing work as teamsters, mario bros. style. :/
my wired connection couldn't fight the lag. :(

Also I just won a ladder match and now Aib is acting up oh well. I was hoping to do a lot of ladder matches and try to win as much as I could and get into playoffs. lol Also I'm bored. :smash:

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Even if diddy hits luigi with the banana there isnt much he can do, it's worth the trade of trying to get hits on him at least

Top Bottom