• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I felt some parts were too quick/rushed. Do we plan to make other videos about some of the mentioned stuff (i.e. you mention for cyclone "Countless uses for this move. Learn them.") but how is someone going to go about finding these uses other than asking here and/or checking the outdated guides?

yoshq

Smash Master
I felt some parts were too quick/rushed. Do we plan to make other videos about some of the mentioned stuff (i.e. you mention for cyclone "Countless uses for this move. Learn them.") but how is someone going to go about finding these uses other than asking here and/or checking the outdated guides?
I was afraid of that. I just didn't want to make it too long. I suppose I could show the uses like I did for ledge getups, I just figure everyone has their personalized uses for it and already knew that stuff. Or if they didn't, they could ask on the comments and we could answer with a list easily. Could you mention the parts that you felt were too rushed?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
The OoS usmash part definitely felt too fast. I know people can pause the video to read stuff but even when I was trying to do that it felt too fast.

Also some parts were unexplained and were just featured. It (mostly the unexplained stuff) seemed more like a showcase of what Luigi can do rather than how to actually do it (though some things were general ATs in brawl).

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was afraid of that. I just didn't want to make it too long. I suppose I could show the uses like I did for ledge getups, I just figure everyone has their personalized uses for it and already knew that stuff. Or if they didn't, they could ask on the comments and we could answer with a list easily. Could you mention the parts that you felt were too rushed?
I agree with this. I wouldn't want luigis copying my every move at least retain your style. If it works then it works. I'm the only luigi that spams so much fireballs because I actually don't think it's useless. You can connect moves with them, but that's just something restricted to me.

Edit
That video is really good, but if it seems fast for some then I guess re make it and slow it down. :)

SURPREME EDIT

Me and Raptor playing mario party 3. So much troll and salt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6eQ7BFMp4

Labernash

Smash Lord
Sama, I spam fireballs too. If I D-Throw > B-air, I just B reverse a fireball if nothing else can connect.

Sammy, I thought the same thing.

But, I'd like to know how to stop and do something out of dash. Like you did with D-smash. I do the "melee style" dash dancing all the time, but I can't always stop in place ready for Jab or something. I always run forward more. With Weegee, I tried doing what was shown in the video, and I kept dash attacking, and not jabbing or D-Smashing.

Also, how do I do that sliding shield thing and the awesome crouch stuff?

I'm ready.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So I thought of something we should do against Snake. Whenever he dashes (or dash attacks for that matter), we should turn around and shield. Since Snake is hard as **** to punish when he comes lunging at us while facing him, if we're turned around he hits our shield and flies in front of us and we can use the momentum to our advantage. I wanted to try it against Judo but he never dash attacked me. :I

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So I thought of something we should do against Snake. Whenever he dashes (or dash attacks for that matter), we should turn around and shield. Since Snake is hard as **** to punish when he comes lunging at us while facing him, if we're turned around he hits our shield and flies in front of us and we can use the momentum to our advantage. I wanted to try it against Judo but he never dash attacked me. :I
then punish with up b. I've only done this once, but I blocked a late dacus. This is a good idea, but it would need some testing.

Edit:
@ coolwhip I'll start working on it once I finish the Luigi tech video.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
boss is back? praise the lord
you could say that. He just randomly pops up in tourneys through the use of warp pipes.

Edit:
update on tech video

I just finished putting my stuff together. I just have to edit it and then combined with Yoshq's stuff. Hype the sooner I get this done we can start on the Luigi combo video. LAZY LUIGIS ASSEMBLE zzzzzz

yoshq

Smash Master
Sama, I spam fireballs too. If I D-Throw > B-air, I just B reverse a fireball if nothing else can connect.

Sammy, I thought the same thing.

But, I'd like to know how to stop and do something out of dash. Like you did with D-smash. I do the "melee style" dash dancing all the time, but I can't always stop in place ready for Jab or something. I always run forward more. With Weegee, I tried doing what was shown in the video, and I kept dash attacking, and not jabbing or D-Smashing.

Also, how do I do that sliding shield thing and the awesome crouch stuff?

I'm ready.
Dash question: It's timing. Look at the time when Luigi is standing still again after a dash, and that's when you can do something. Takes practice.

Sliding shield: get to a full speed walk, then shield or spot dodge. Crouching stuff: go forward, crouch, crawl backwards. Stand up, go forward, repeat.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Dash question: It's timing. Look at the time when Luigi is standing still again after a dash, and that's when you can do something. Takes practice.

Sliding shield: get to a full speed walk, then shield or spot dodge. Crouching stuff: go forward, crouch, crawl backwards. Stand up, go forward, repeat.
Awesome, thanks! Also, when dash dancing back and forth, how do I stop in place and NOT skid? Anyone?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Just tap to dash and don't hold the direction.

I think that's what you're asking about........

EDIT: Wait, do you mean stop right where you are or just stopping without skidding?

Labernash

Smash Lord
It's like, if I start Dash Dancing, (left right left right really fast) I want to stop right there and jab or something. But if I input the jab while sliding, it Dash Attacks. I want to stop in place, and stand there, if that makes sense.

I've seen Falcons do it, and I have too on accident.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
It better have wifi...
it should have wifi. I don't think it will have wifi. Also I feel like this discussing this.

If mario party had wifi

-there would have to be a time limit for everyone's turn to roll. I'd say 30 secs would be pretty good for wifi.
-Decision making as in buying a star, buying an item, or anything else should be 60 secs long.
-if someone rage quits the system that runs the wifi should be quick to replace that person with a cpu.

I can't think of anything else.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
continued discussion with me self.

-since it's wifi Duel automatically happen when two people land on the same space
- There should be a choice of turns before starting a game on wifi. I think I'm the only person that likes to do 50 turns
-any items you don't use in your last turn should carry on to the next game you play if you play consecutively

DBSammy

Smash Ace
There's a 1-3 block, 4-6 block, 1-10 block, a slow mo 1-6 block, and a 0-1 block. Those are all the so called items in the game.

TLDR: These items ****ing suck.
:phone:

Top Bottom