• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Gen3sis though...

:phone:
deez nutz free housing for luigis? jk hmm I would have to like save so much money and get a job because I doubt I would be able to save enough to buy an airplane ticket and have money left for other expenses. Also I hope my parents wouldn't mind me going to WC.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Finally before everyone had to go home the luigi picture was taken. Two pictures were taken. One was all Luigis and one was the three freegees lol. :luigi2: Luigi too troll at apex 2012.
There was actually four of us in the freegee picture :awesome:

Oh yea Excel, successful troll is successful :troll:

Shoutouts later.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lmao I was probably the most free luigi in the crew battle but idc. It was fun and I'm aiming to improve by the next apex.

Besides, I was able to avenge drilbur so I'm happy :awesome:

holyv

Smash Journeyman
There is something really bothering me, so i'm going to start a new discussion here on the social thread.

So i see a lot of people are complaining about the support Evo gives to other games (UMvC, MK and SSF), and doesn't give to the brawl community at all.

It didn't happen in this board at all, but i just want the Luigis opinion because you guys are very comprehensive and actually give a **** for what people say.

Well the main reason i think Evo doesn't give us support is because we have no character diversity on championships. What does 'Diversity' in this case means?

Well, if you watched street fighter and mortal kombat tournaments, you can see a lot of people using different characters.

But when you watch brawl, you only see: Marth, Olimar, IC's, GAW, Falco, Diddy, and Wario. (Talking about 90% of the times). < Mk is banned btw.

So i'll try to explain this on an easier way: You are eating rice for one week (Just rice, nothing else), wouldn't you get sick and tired of rice?

So what i'm trying to say is: People think brawl is garbage because they always see the same **** everyday.

But why does this happen?? Well, if you choose certain characters, you have more chance of winning the big prize, that is a lot of money, A LOT

So people are playing for the money, not for fun.

The solution for it would be separated tiers tournament, High(A) Mid(B,C,D) and Low(D,E,F)

Or another kind of prize.

Apex 2012 just stickied us to the ground because MK was un-banned and all we saw was metaknights Nadoing and up-bing everyone.

Hopefully, at KTAR 7, Genesis, and APEX 2013 **** will get re-done, because if we are going to continue this way, we're never getting any kind of support.

Tell me if you agree with this or not, and if you don't agree tell me why and prove me wrong, remember: We are talking, not fighting.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lolwhat i seriously did not understand a single word on your long *** post holyv.

and it's partially that reason that, brawl isnt entertaining, it's juts that the community is UN-PROFESSIONAL. when you see other communities such as, marvel, SF, or SC2, they have professional communities with professionals running their tourneys.

have you seen MLG brawl? (i forgot which mlg it was) but there was that one tourney where, many people came late for their matchs and M2k and ADHD were banned from MLG due to splitting pot. That's unprofessional, who would want gamers to come late to their matchs and top players splitting and making their game not try to their fullest? Like seriously lol. Theres so many reasons why Smash or mostly Brawl community as to why we're not on those big name sponsors like Marvel, SF , SC2 games

also that line up of brawl characters u named, is pretty diverse as well. if i re called correctly, there were about at least 4 MK Mains in the top8 only.

dip

Luigisama

Smash Champion
lolwhat i seriously did not understand a single word on your long *** post holyv.

and it's partially that reason that, brawl isnt entertaining, it's juts that the community is UN-PROFESSIONAL. when you see other communities such as, marvel, SF, or SC2, they have professional communities with professionals running their tourneys.

have you seen MLG brawl? (i forgot which mlg it was) but there was that one tourney where, many people came late for their matchs and M2k and ADHD were banned from MLG due to splitting pot. That's unprofessional, who would want gamers to come late to their matchs and top players splitting and making their game not try to their fullest? Like seriously lol. Theres so many reasons why Smash or mostly Brawl community as to why we're not on those big name sponsors like Marvel, SF , SC2 games

dip
pretty much what hippie said. Character diversity has nothing to do with I mean because SF people don't care if yun or Chun li dominate(I could be wrong on this). Also along with the un professional I also think it might have to do with the fact that " what these cartoony and not tough looking characters fighting? that isn't cool to watch" and " this is a party game LOL".

I could care less if we do get or don't get support from some other thing. Other game organizations just can't handle the excitement we have for brawl. I was watching UMVC3 and SF all I heard was clapping and OHS nothing like the crowd that brawl has.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Who's the dude with the loud *** green pants? xD
Some people don't know how to dress, my god.....smh.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Luigi mains made it into the yoshi group pic.

Your argument is invalid.

Oh and I'm not hating on anyone. Just felt like saying that since I noticed it on the one other thread.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Luigi crew battle was fun, was nice to meet everyone.

Also, money matched Ocean, got him down to 1 stock, lolMisfirestagespike

Top Bottom