• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Now even though some characters' air dodge is the fastest thing to do, that doesn't mean it's the best way correct?

And do you mean momentum cancelling?

BSP

Smash Legend
Depends. If you're sent vertically, it's better to do an aerial even if your airdodge is faster because you can't fastfall an airdodge. Horizontally, go ahead and air dodge if it's your fastest option, then use your second jump if you can afford to sacrifice it that early.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Thing is, like for kirby, I usually see them dair>fastfall when hit horizontally despite air dodge being faster. Is that most likely because they can fastfall the aerial?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Someone mentioned here that when hit horizontally its better than sideb than to double jump. I think it was YoshQ or someone, that said it to Boss. Is that true?

Oh, and I saw one of Boss's videoes about a week later and he sideb'd instead of jumping and exploded lol

yoshq

Smash Master
with luigi fair > ff > missile. boss does fair > ff(?) > jump, and wastes his jump early on, without momentum cancelling with the missile. that's what i told him lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
cuntface. just saying it while i still can.

FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

BSP

Smash Legend
I only jump after a fair if I'm reeeeeally close to the blastzone because missile is a tiny bit slower. Otherwise, I'd missile

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm starting to realize that a LOT of people will fall for airdodge -> buffered Up B, especially if they're sitting in their shield.

Another thing: you can beat bad MK's with Luigi if you spam Usmash :D They'll just keep tornado'ing right into, and you get a free 16%. The best part is that their DI is horizontal since they think they won't get hit. Their horizontal DI cancels the horizontal part of Usmash's diagonal knockback. What's that leave? Straight up lol

BSP

Smash Legend
If you hit with Luigi's head, Usmash will beat tornado 100% of the time

Actually, Luigi's head is invincible. You can use it to counter a lot of moves really.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
yeah, thats why if you are playing against a character who does aerials a lot it is beneficial to do jump cancel turn around up smash. It comes out faster since you are turned around, and invincibility for the win!

but yes, head of up smash beats nado.

makoforce

Smash Ace
You can beat bad MK's with Luigi if you spam Usmash :D They'll just keep tornado'ing right into, and you get a free 16%. The best part is that their DI is horizontal since they think they won't get hit. Their horizontal DI cancels the horizontal part of Usmash's diagonal knockback. What's that leave? Straight up lol
I like the way your thinkin ;)

NNID
LilG912
ICs offline are very challenging while I'm just spectating matches on YT especially Luigi, I think some ICs say that ICs have a hard time vs Luigi cuz we can easily outspace dem w/ bair, side a, and fireball so they cant grab us.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
yea they do feel easy, its just if u mess up on a minor mistake, u fked up hardbody lol

just i never even feel safe when im on a platform O_O. tornados mad useful tho.

i jus hav no patience for 8 mins tho lolol ill work on mu tho.

besides dat, gimmeh moar tips/vids on ics HOMIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Top Bottom