• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
how much do you need to get to pound?
I obviously cant accept money from anyone haha, it's just it wouldn't be smart for me to go right now.

I'm gonna be at genesis 2 and hopefully whobo 3.

Boss why cant u go to pound 5?!?!?!?!?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea something seemed like you were off your game or something.

I think you trying too hard to get the kill during your last stock. Saw you making a lot of usmash attempts only to get interrupted by bair or they airdodged, etc. It also seemed like you were just trying to rush him at times and you would just meet a nice bair to the face.

Imo use bair more against kirby.

BSP

Smash Legend
Try more patience maybe? Kirby can't force an approach, and most of your damage was running into bairs.

It took me long enough, but I finally discovered how fast Airdodge -> buffered jab is. I need to look into this stuff.

BTW i turned the results thread into a video thread too. Submit Videos so everyone can see what Luigi's up to.

yoshq

Smash Master
yeah I have a problem against this kirby, even though I used to beat him, he's just so good... idk what to do most of the time. I see boss usmashing kirby a lot so i tried random usmashes but didn't seem to work. spotdodges and rolls used to work against kirby but he started reading them i guess. bair? does that work?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
iirc back when I played a friend of mine that was a kirby main bairs were pretty useful. It has some range to it, but I forget if our bair beats kirby's bair etc.

NNID
LilG912
Kirby's Bair is effin garbage now, some Kirbies be playing defensive on Luigi since Luigi can kill early. Kirby rly dont have any new, some of dem gonna use that 08 bair to get away w/ it. Kirby's Fsmash > Luigi's fsmash, his smash got more range, if you miss your smash, he gonna smash back and kill you unless you can DI it. Kirbies gonna play patient vs Luigi, do the same, thats how I beat Kirby. If you try to spam fireballs, Kirby is gonna jab it, some kirbies dont jab the fireball, if they don't jab, abuse the fireball on dem. Space out your bair and other aerials (optional).

I'm good @ Kirby MU, play patiently, the good Kirbies I'm playing are patient, it's his defensive game vs yours cuz both characters are gonna space out their attacks.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
seen him b4 on ladder lots of times , didnt no he played offline tho

but def legit kirby tho...

yoshq, just play like u normally do against pros lol. u do fine against wyatt and fatal, idk if its ego pro problem or kirby problem or both together. but just play normal and ull be fine. u were missing basic stuff u normally don't mess up on lol.

yoshq

Smash Master
ok thanks dude. although fatal and wyatt were on wifi lol. i prolly just got a mental block so i'll try to play normally, more patiently, and more bairs. surprised i didnt hear any usmash advice though

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
$5 says Luigi is low tier next list because people think he';s horrendous now. Lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░█░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░██
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
█░░████░░░█░░████
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
░█░░░█░░░░░█████
░░███░░░░░█░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ █
░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░███
░░░████████░░░░░░░███
░░░░████████░░░░░███
░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░

NNID
LilG912
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░█░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░██
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
█░░████░░░█░░████
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
░█░░░█░░░░░█████
░░███░░░░░█░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ █
░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░███
░░░████████░░░░░░░███
░░░░████████░░░░░███
░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░█░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░███░░░░░░░███░░█
░█░░░█░░░░░█░░░██
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
█░░████░░░█░░████
█░░░███░░░█░░░███
░█░░░█░░░░░█████
░░███░░░░░█░░░░░██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█ █
░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░███
░░░████████░░░░░░░███
░░░░████████░░░░░███
░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
$5 says Luigi is low tier next list because people think he';s horrendous now. Lol.
ill give you the winnings from the first low tier tourney i win with him. honestly, i would love a low tier luigi.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSL's right...if people think Luigi is that bad, at least we'll get some easy money in low tier with him :L

Top Bottom