• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Omelets Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
hmmm...
you got discouraged because you lost to some of our hardet matchups?
honestly some people need to realize that lucas is a suck a** character. it's hard as s*** to win with him against high/top teir chars, which are also the chars we'll see the most. if you want to win, pick up a new char, marth/snake/R.O.B/MK/G&W/D3 all do well competitively. basically any char high tier and above. if you want to play with a achar you like. play lucas. get better. win more.
I play the character (Lucas) because he is a fun character, and it's a personal project of mine to advance his metagame as much as I can. It's selfish, it's whatever, but you learn things along the way (from everyone) and I try to teach somethings.

I could have won against the Meta-Knight. I pretty positive I'm improving my game to the point where I can beat good Meta-Knights with Lucas. I feel it. But I didn't want to post that because it just sounds so needy and stupid, and I regret posting what I originally did because it's in the same vein. Look, everyone gets emotional when they lose and that should be what drives them to become better people. I know how sucky Lucas is, and I'm not delusional.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I was thinking that, too... which is annoying, because I feel like if I can't be aggressive at all, then my opponent pretty much controls the match as they see fit. Then again, against G&W, that really is the case.

And Pink Fresh is right, we do need to remember from time to time that we don't main the best character. He has flaws. But all we can do is try our best and see what comes of it.

So! Againts the turtle? We have:

1. Avoid getting shieldstabbed. Lucas' forward tilt is fast enough and has enough range in order to punish Mr. Game & Watch out of a shield.

2. In the off chance that you can predict it, punish with a retreating PK Fire. He can't cancel the attack halfway through or anything, and the flame pillar will cause damage. In the case of an unpredictable reverse aerial rush turtle, punish with the first solution.

3. Perfect shield every hit and punsih with PK Starstorm. :laugh:

Overall, stay defensive and on the lookout for a backwards walking G&W on land. I don't think he has a way to reverse the direction he's facing in midair other than the Bucket, and by that time he'll probably already have hit the ground. Making it a predictable bair startup tactic. Let's try to keep this stuff in mind in tournament settings.

Next. I believe Pink Fresh said "nair is worse".

Why is it worse? Le's brainstorm.
this deserves it's own thread.

anywhoo... G&W nair is worse because it's our nair, but:
has more range.
has way more priority.
can combo better.
I play the character (Lucas) because he is a fun character, and it's a personal project of mine to advance his metagame as much as I can. It's selfish, it's whatever, but you learn things along the way (from everyone) and I try to teach somethings.

I could have won against the Meta-Knight. I pretty positive I'm improving my game to the point where I can beat good Meta-Knights with Lucas. I feel it. But I didn't want to post that because it just sounds so needy and stupid, and I regret posting what I originally did because it's in the same vein. Look, everyone gets emotional when they lose and that should be what drives them to become better people. I know how sucky Lucas is, and I'm not delusional.
ahhh i see, i see
wellllll in that case. just ya know practice, go to tourney's do what you have been doing.
the reason i'm getting better is because I always train and try things. in friendlies i try things out if i come out with an idea. if it works i try it again to see how well it works, just test out alot of things. my playstyle is waaayyyy different than all of the lucas' i've seen. the only similar things is the dair and nair and even then i dair way less than everyone else. i probably uair and bair more than alot of people. just you know see what works best with certain characters.
why am i giving you a lecture anyway? lol
ehh that was sooo... unimportant

heytallman

CTALL
'Sup, other Lucas mainers who probably have no idea who I am because I hardly ever post on the Lucas boards!

Omelets are tasty, I want one now, but its 11:20 and time for bed.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This thread's getting a little melancholy, here... Be happy, folks!

Santa Claus says: Be nice to others this holiday season. Otherwise he'll get his brother to fill your stocking with coal and disjointed hitboxes.

Don't worry about losing to high tiers too much, people. As long as you enjoy using Lucas, you'll do fine.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

heytallman

CTALL
have you played Roy_R? Marth vs Lucas?
I have played him several times, he ***** me regularly. He is too good + the very very difficult matchup makes it super tough. I won once though, he got stuck under that lip on Pokemon Stadium twice in one match, it was hilarious.

I normally go ROB now against him :(

livan

Smash Apprentice
....is very good , you draw it neon ness? if you do congrats that's so nice
n_n

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I have played him several times, he ***** me regularly. He is too good + the very very difficult matchup makes it super tough. I won once though, he got stuck under that lip on Pokemon Stadium twice in one match, it was hilarious.

I normally go ROB now against him :(
i see, try to get a vid of one of those fights :)
and tell him to come here and get his *** kicked! :p

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Omelets with a side of Nut Bread.

Neon: Yes, it's clever, but still. IT BURNS US, PRECIOUS, IT BURNS US!

Because the worse a pun is, the better.

Neon Ness

Must be busy. Kinzer was here a while ago in Noraa's leaving Lucas thread. We all sat in a circle while he told us the story about steak's beginnings.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i think i heard that story b4...something with a winning "steak" i believe.
i liked the sonic mains coming in here tho. its like the lucas' and sonic's were united for some strange reason.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Wel not to many people are here becuase their studing for finals like good students. The people here are not studying because: they know everything already (like me), lazy, drop outs, or already in the work force.

Studying is for lamers.

Neon Ness

I should be doing a project right now. The critique is tomorrow at noon...

Studying is for people not in the School of Fine Arts.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
heytallman heres a quick story:
2 wednesdays ago i had a paper due. i didnt write it. that day i asked my prof. if i can bring it in monday. she said sure and that she didnt care about my excuse. i told myself "awesome, i can write it over the weekend". weekend passed, didnt write it. woke up monday morning at 5 to wirte my paper, then hand in my paper at 10, and i still got an A

thats skills =]
lucas needs to do that more

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
My finals are cake. 1st is drama where I had to recite a monolouge which I did, 2nd is Geometry where I have the highest grade in the class, 3rd is Chemistry where I can pass even if I fail the final, 4th is English where I have to write an essay, 5th is computer graphics where I must finish Peekay bay bay (and it's almost done), and 6th is World History where I get to use all my notes and worksheets. I got it easy.

heytallman

CTALL
My finals are cake. 1st is drama where I had to recite a monolouge which I did, 2nd is Geometry where I have the highest grade in the class, 3rd is Chemistry where I can pass even if I fail the final, 4th is English where I have to write an essay, 5th is computer graphics where I must finish Peekay bay bay (and it's almost done), and 6th is World History where I get to use all my notes and worksheets. I got it easy.
Oh yeah, speaking of PeeKay Baybay, the replays never got sent to you. Oh well. I guess its just incentive to me to make my own epic "combo"/highlight video.

edit: ToxiCrow, you must be in high school for that to happen. This is college, son, you can't pull that stuff off here. College, like the internet, is SRS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

Neon Ness

edit: ToxiCrow, you must be in high school for that to happen. This is college, son, you can't pull that stuff off here. College, like the internet, is SRS BUSINESS!!!!!!!!
Son. Quoted for absolute truth. Srs. Bizz.

Neon Ness

Old people who are still employed suck.
heytallman is being extremely quotable today. :laugh:

Aw, man. I want to sit here and discuss omelettes and finals and such, but I really do have to start working on this thing. *sigh*

You all don't have too much fun without me, understand?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This out to be the forth then, because Vyse and one other dude has it too.

I forgot who though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom