• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Omelets Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
You have to do a hell of a lot of stuff to get that, right? Hylian said something like doing extensive frame research (which I think I remember you doing for Ness and Lucas), and just research the game in general. Sounds like a hell of a job. Also, very very time consuming.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You have to do a hell of a lot of stuff to get that, right? Hylian said something like doing extensive frame research (which I think I remember you doing for Ness and Lucas), and just research the game in general. Sounds like a hell of a job. Also, very very time consuming.
More or less.

>.>

*Goes back to lurking*

lil cj

Smash Lord
Good job Levitas!
You have definitely earned the title of Smash Researcher:)
U hav contributed alot to the Lucas boards

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Whoops, stupid me I namedropped Vace, and I only wanted to mention who else had the new sexy Cyan name.

Anyway since the other thread got closed, I thought it would be better to transfer the information to this one, seeing as how it's the best place to go without having to make a new thread while a lot of people read this.

Wow...this thread got busy
Even the name was changed...lol
Alot of pages added since yesterday
After reading all the pages I noticed that alot of us Lucas mains also use Sonic:)
I guess b/c out of all the characters Lucas and Sonic are the the most fun to play
Gotta love Lucas and Sonic!
Lets form an alliance:)
We really should form an alliance, if anybody talks trash about the others' boards, we'll torch them on our grill flames (and cook Steak on the side) and when they're all roasted we'll smother them with Omeletes.

Alright but seriously, I heard Lucas has the most rapid pummel in the game, how much damage does it do per pummel? Is the rapid-pummel also true or is there somebody else faster?

Sonic also has the 4th fastest pummel if I recall, doing 2-3% per pummel.

That's for my personal knowledge, now regarding the team itself... PSI magnet doesn't absorb Spring, but I am aware that Lucas has some weird AT's... tell me the ones that a competant Lucas will be using quite often in battles if you don't mind.

What does Lucas specialize in? I'll tell you Sonic is great at keeping the pressure on, dealing damage here and there, like a hit-and-run style, but with Lucas' playstyle, he seems like a character who can punish... is that true?

I'll also have the link to the master thread ready, just in case anymore Lucas' see this food combo of win.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205101

Levitas

the moon
Lucas needs to use fast moves for safety and plays a zoning game to try to trap the opponent. It's not a very solid gameplan.

ATs you'll see are Zap jumps, wavebounce PK fires, and the combination of the two. Sometimes magnet pulls, and sometimes wavezaps to magnet pulls.

ALL of Lucas's AT's can be combined, lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So things like Nair, Dair, Jab, DTilt perhaps...?

Anything else that might be considered "fast" in actual gameplay?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Lucas is good at being defensive and punishment. Tourny level Lucas's will use zap jumpng (pkf + second jump around the same time to get a realy high second jum), wavebounce (moving back while shooting PKF the opposite way to create a sort of wavelanding effect to retreat while shooting a pk fire) and magnet pulling (wavebouncing in the air and magnet to do a horizontal dash.) are the most common Lucas ATs.

I'll post more things when I'm not eating.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Lucas' best approaches are Nair and Dair...so yes u will mostly see those
and Lucas can do combos with both Nair and Dair
Lucas can also approach with Uair,Fair, and Psi Magnet...but not too many Lucas' do this
There will also be alot of jabs(along with jab cancels),ftilt and dtilt
those r his fastest ground moves.
Also dtilt will sometimes be used after a dair(sumtimes the opponent will trip) then followed up by a side smash for an easy KO
Up Smash is situational
And u will hardly ever see a Lucas use dash attack(only if they plan to follow up with an aerial) or PK Freeze(Edge guard) those are his worst moves
Lucas is great at edge guarding....he can use bair/dair to spike and PK Thunder/Freeze to gimp
Uair is also another good edge guarding move
And....as for grabs...Lucas' grab isnt that good
its very laggy if it misses
He has many recovery options: PKT2,Rope Snake, Magnet Pull, and Zap Jump
Well thats Lucas:)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
My finals are cake. 1st is drama where I had to recite a monolouge which I did, 2nd is Geometry where I have the highest grade in the class, 3rd is Chemistry where I can pass even if I fail the final, 4th is English where I have to write an essay, 5th is computer graphics where I must finish Peekay bay bay (and it's almost done), and 6th is World History where I get to use all my notes and worksheets. I got it easy.
omg
i was sitting here reading this like wtf how old is this kid?
then i was like ohhh yaaaa... he's my age
then i remembered that i was far past alot of people in my knowledge and that i've already been in all of the classes you've mentioned, plus some (besides drama)
btw calculus is stupid.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As are all Tether grabs, they're quite laggy... :/

Still, high risk, high reward anybody?

I'm going to have to find some way to remember what Lucas' moveset looks like, I don't even know what Fair/FTilt/Uair/throws look like.

Oh speaking of throws, isn't Lucas suppose to have some kickarse throws?

lil cj

Smash Lord
As are all Tether grabs, they're quite laggy... :/

Still, high risk, high reward anybody?

I'm going to have to find some way to remember what Lucas' moveset looks like, I don't even know what Fair/FTilt/Uair/throws look like.

Oh speaking of throws, isn't Lucas suppose to have some kickarse throws?

Lol:)
I'll describe what those moves look like:
Fair:He kicks his leg out very fast with the use of PK Love
Ftilt: Swipes at the opponent with the use of PK Love(very very fast)
Uair: Head butts

As for his throws...nothin really special they arent as strong as Ness' throws but down throw and back throw(close to the edge) can kill at high percentages
And with down throw u can follow up with a utilt at low percentages
Up Throw is pretty useless IMO

heytallman

CTALL
At low percentages I like to down throw then follow their DI (if they use any lol) and either uair, fair, or bair them. It's pretty nice. But uptilt works too.

Upthrow is pretty useless, but I've killed with it before (in crews, of all places). I think my opponent's MK was at like, 150% or something lol.

BTW, I finished my paper at six oclock this morning, took my final at 8, and slept from like, 11 to six thirty. Never have I been so happy to get sleep.

heytallman

CTALL
Luckily for me, it was English and not something like calculus or chemistry, so the final itself wasn't too bad. I'm halfway done with finals now, I have one tomorrow and one Thursday, then freedom for like, a month. I'll actually be able to practice up before tournaments now!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
...What's this sleep thing you guys are talking about? New AT for Lucas?

livan

Smash Apprentice
..a lucas have rest? o how cool sounds that
n_n
..a lucas tiene descanso? o que genial suena eso
n_n

livan

Smash Apprentice
....a sorry for be so excite because of that and well is good to talk to you guys
n_n

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL it's so easy to prevent, it's called DIing up.

Only way we can hope to get a jab-lock on our own is to perform ASC into Footstool onto Spring to Dair to said Jab-lock.

I'll tell you our secrets, because we're buddies, and maybe you guys have some ground breaking ATs that so far only the Lucas boards know.

:093:

Levitas

the moon
Well, I keep my guys informed of stuff I'm aware of, and hopefully the smash lab will lead to more stuff I can bring back here.

Oh, and we need a better set up into the bair > dtilt lock, dash attack is slow enough to shield on reaction.

Neon Ness

I'm so bad at footstooling opponents. :laugh: Usually I just end up getting hurt. But Spring gimping is the reason I play Sonic. Sacred combo, right thurr.

Also, I bet a lot of people would find our ATs groundbreaking since few people pay attention the Lucas/Ness Boards.

Levitas

the moon
Lol, I don't know if I told you guys about the time I bluffed a guy to the edge of the stage by chasing him around with SH Zairs.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I guess he blue himself *rimshot*

And GTFO the Lucas boards Vyse.
1. We have the same join date [/unrelated]
2. Ness is cooler.

Actually while I'm here, I wanted to research the Ness vs. Lucas matchup.

What's the general consensus?

heytallman

CTALL
Lol, I don't know if I told you guys about the time I bluffed a guy to the edge of the stage by chasing him around with SH Zairs.
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA....Levitas....you are a god among men!

I've tried randomly throwing out a zair, but every time people are like "lol wtf r u doin, n00b?" then I cry. I really wish his zair did something besides grab the ledge.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Spring owns Tether recoveries.

Trufax.

Back on-to my topic though...

Lucas has some cool hairdo, and then I believe I've collected enough information to do a formal write-up for Lucas right now (yes I know, I'm fast), is there anything else you people might have in mind?

There's that, and I need to know which stages Lucas excels in, and which he prefers not to go. Sonic is versatile, we can go anywhere without losing too much if anything... other than Japes/Pichtochat, and perhaps a couple more of stages I'm not aware of (note that the stagest he Sonic player might prefer are also player dependent, so where I personally love Lylat Cruise, other Sonics see it as an iffy stage).

Neon Ness

Son. That's... I can't even describe something like that. :laugh:

Someone admit this man to the SBR.

@Vyse: Do we really have to? I'm sorta weary of Ness vs. Lucas.

They're even. I'll leave it at that.

EDIT @ Kinzer: Lucas loves Norfair to avoid grab release chains and such. Other than that, I pick Battlefield for jab/tilt lock setups, like for all of my characters.

Levitas

the moon
@ Vyse: As of a couple months ago, we settled on a 6:4 in Ness's favor.

Ness has superior zoning in the matchup, and is particularly resistant to lucas's game due to the nature of his air game and magnet (which he can do on reaction to any of lucas's projectiles)

heytallman

CTALL
I ban Yoshi's Island in every set I play in tournaments.

I like taking people to Pokemon Stadium 2.....>.> People seem to hate the stage, so I figure if I like it, I can do well there. Plus, the wind area is great for hitting people up then spamming PK thunder as they float down. And on the ice part, sliding upsmashes are fun. And you can cancel lag from upsmash on the electric conveyor belts if you time it right. That stage is great.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Spring owns Tether recoveries.

Trufax.

Back on-to my topic though...

Lucas has some cool hairdo, and then I believe I've collected enough information to do a formal write-up for Lucas right now (yes I know, I'm fast), is there anything else you people might have in mind?

There's that, and I need to know which stages Lucas excels in, and which he prefers not to go. Sonic is versatile, we can go anywhere without losing too much if anything... other than Japes/Pichtochat, and perhaps a couple more of stages I'm not aware of (note that the stagest he Sonic player might prefer are also player dependent, so where I personally love Lylat Cruise, other Sonics see it as an iffy stage).
Lucas is good on any stage that allows him to spam PK fire
Also, he's good on stages with a lot of platforms(Battle Field, Delfino, Halberd,etc.)
This allows him to thunderslide

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@ Vyse: As of a couple months ago, we settled on a 6:4 in Ness's favor.

Ness has superior zoning in the matchup, and is particularly resistant to lucas's game due to the nature of his air game and magnet (which he can do on reaction to any of lucas's projectiles)
Thank you very much :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like the options I'm seeing here... but now I gotta ask, why would any Lucas player (I'm not dissing you, you may have something personal against the stage, and that's fine) ban Yoshi's Island (Brawl), is there just something that doesn't aid him at all?

Also, any other stages to be wary of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom