• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Omelets Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If there's any stage that should be banned, it's Lylat Cruise. I really hate that stage. And I hate Pirate Ship. In fact, when I go to Group Data, Pirate Ship has more KOs than any other character.

heytallman

CTALL
I just really don't like it, and I don't think it's really that good for Lucas at all. The slightly curved areas mess me up, shy guys keep getting in the way of PK fire, and I just really don't like it. I think a few other people hate it, too

edit:Neon Ness, I like Pirate Ship lol. It's so fun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He's kind of right though, the large side blastzones make it much harder to kill, as if that wasn't bad enough for Sonic, he can't take advantage of the water quite as well, and the stage itself is just way too big. The only thing Sonic get's out of that stage is being able to easily avoid the hazards.

I can understand Lylat Cruise, that stage is infamous for gimping people, and Lucas will have to rely on angling PKT2 in funny ways if he can't Tether.

Yoshi's Isle is understood, no Yoshi's place.

Neon Ness

edit:Neon Ness, I like Pirate Ship lol. It's so fun.
Pirate Ship's only good when I'm goin' Ness.

:ness2: + water = Down air spiking until the cows come home.

I love Halberd. :metaknight: Lasers always seem to hit my opponent. Even better is that I once took on my cousins' Mario/Link team all by myself on Wifi once there and won. 2 Vs. 1 means nothing to me!

Also, I won with :sonic:. I dearly wish that match had been under 3 minutes.

Neon Ness

No way! I love Castle Siege. I only play there in Free for Alls, though.

I miss New Pork City... :crying:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Castle Siege is great, Sonic can go nuts on the aggresive on the first stage because there is also no room to work with, the statues refresh his good moves on the second stage as well as providing Sonic with a bit of room to retreat if necessary, and the third stage is just a Final D/Lylat mix that Sonic does fine on both anyway.

First stage might get crazy in 2vs2s, but meh... I won't give it any worthy mention.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm going to quote that for my next sig, once I get old of my official seal of Haunter.

Still, not too many people would be willing to ally themselves with the Sonic boarders... :(

:093:

Err... I mean...

Neon Ness

LucaSonic Alliance? Yesh.

Also, I agree about the first stage of Castle Siege being great for Sonic, ledges for jab locking and aerial setups, and all of those slopes, as well... Man, what have I been doing? I need to choose Castle Siege more. Only thing is 2nd Stage is rawful vs. Dedede.

...Man, I'm hungry. I'ma go eat a sammich.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Meh, camp the statues platforms, and don't get grabbed, and you should be alright.

Don't count on this too much, but if the D3 player is terribad at timing the CG, you can Spring-escape.

Sonic has a combo-breaker.

Trufax.

More importantly, the stage allows Sonic to survive a little bit longer if he did some major damage on the first stage. All Sonic has to do is play Gay and wait for either the third or first stage to flesh out.

Castle Siege is great, I really do need to CP it more.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Fair enough :laugh:

I believe I have enough data as of now to do a write-up... I'll just get to it when I can. :/

So busy with school and all that junk... but I'm such a procrastinator!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Another snow day...no school!!!:)
Yeah...we really need to find a new AT for Lucas that will make him look good in tournies.
After seeing that Peach "bair trap" Im excited about finding something for Lucas
I will try something with his dtilt.....0-death technique...or sumthin that can get us a free up smash...
Come on Lucas mains lets find something:)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I had 3 snow days in a row, lol

Also, use jab/ftilt at 30%. If opponent doesnt tech, it's a free dtilt lock! Hard to do though

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i'm working on a more useful PSI-magnet attack, but i'm not gonna say anything unless i'm sure it's worthy to be mentioned.
by the way cj, where did u get the pics for ur sig?

Neon Ness

Snow daze don exits!!!!

It's too hot here... And I'm too busy working on 2 techniques with Ness to find anything for Lucas right now. Lucas already has more ATs than Ness.

livan

Smash Apprentice
...a did you try with the kick in the air with the yoyo or the headbutt in the air?
n_n

_Void_

Smash Cadet
noez!
Tell us now >:-[
Magnet KOs are just plain hilarious, I love the stupid looks on my opponents' faces when I pull one off xDD Whenever I feel like it and my opponent has given up on trying to tech+DI the dtilt-lock I even finish that with a Magnet =D (Well, stupid but funny if it works)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey fellas, check back at my thread for the team write-up on Lucas... I promise you, it won't disappoint!

:093:

No, I'm serious here... just 'cause Haunter is there, I think you will be very pleased with the stuff I came up... :laugh:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great write up Kinzer
very detailed and long....lol
i think u got everything there is to know about Lucas:)

...Where are u ToxiCrow??:)
We need to know wat this Psi Magnet technique is!!!
*waits patiently*

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sorry, I knew it was long, but I have to cover everything the character has that can serve Sonic in some way... or otherwise hinder him. :/

Owell, it's not my fault I'm playing the game! :laugh:

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
ok fellow lucas i'm back =]
and i'm sorry for the suspense. i passed chemistry and now i can finally play brawl in peace.
as for PSI magnet, we're gonna hav to hold on, but i assure u i did find something good.

But for now:
PSI magnet is good because it's a semi spike. it's also similar to a shine, only backwards.
when fox uses his shine, it hits on frame 1 or as soon as it starts up.
however, psi magnet is backwards because it attacks as soon as the move ends.
i will go get on my wii and finish testing now =]

Oh yeah! dtilt trip > PSI Magnet for for lollable kill :chuckle:

Hurry up ToxiCrow >:O
sorry firekirby, not it:laugh:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
so far, for me the best use of Psi Magnet as an attack is the full hop magnet pull, i created a topic with a video inside, but nobody really care :S and i'm like the only one who use that tech
toxicrow, tell us what are you working on, i'll be using it if i like it

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
APC, u will like it. (and it doesnt involve magnet pull)
actually, i'm not sure if u will BUT i like it right now.
and the crazy thing is, i thought of this while studying for a test:laugh:
lol A.D.D.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
probably not.
dont get too excited tho guys; cuz it's not that exciting
but i came up with one thing: if you're close enough to jab, ur close enough to his with psimagnet

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Upsmash his recovery more, it's quite satisfying, you'll find.

That was sexy, with PSI magnet, I think i've seen that before, actually. Only possible with bsticking, right?
That video was a month ago. My play style has changed a **** load since then XD

Edit: Ya I woudnt even bother trying it without b-sticking =P

Exia 00

Smash Champion
How necessary is Bsticking ? I feel like I lose focus on my other attacks when I change my controls. Should I take the time to adjust to it ?

heytallman

CTALL
I personally do not B stick, though I'm pretty sure a lot of Lucases do. I just never really learned how to get used to it. And I place decently in tournaments. Just do whatever feels best to you.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I personally do not B stick, though I'm pretty sure a lot of Lucases do. I just never really learned how to get used to it. And I place decently in tournaments. Just do whatever feels best to you.
Actually Ive only found a handfl of lucas's that use b-sticking. Most people feel that it maks thm lose more control over their aerials and they prefer quick smashes, but I feel I benefit more from b-sticking. In all actuallity it just depends on what feels right to you. Some people do better with b-sticking other don't

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hey, ZWoman.

I use the classic.

L Button - Grab
ZL - Attack
ZR - Jump
R Button - Shield
X Button - Grab
A Button - Specials
B Button - Attack
Y Button - Jump