• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Omelets Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

the moon
It's true. But we just like the Shawnik Boards too much.

Hope this doesn't get closed...

Also, I'm making it a personal goal to get to 1225 posts on Christmas Day. Hopefully I won't get a spamfraction.

just have good things to say. And goals around post numbers are usually a dumb idea, though the numerology there is solid.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
bring honor and glory to the Lucas boards APC.

Levitas- if i find a way to make psi magnet more usable so that it helps lucas out, can i become a smash researcher? i no its not easy to become one but does that help towards it?

also- shall this thread become a lucasonic alliance?

:094:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i wanted to say this before, but all of you are happy with the Sonic mains, so i didn't want to be like the grinch :(
you are going to hate me after this, but i don't like Sonic :( for me, his games suck, you don't do anything, just run, and sometimes it feels that Sonic moves alone, i mean, you don't control the characters, the only game i've played for more than 5h, is Sonir RPG for DS, and it's a bad game, i'm just playing it to finish as soon as possible, i don't feel that i waste my money :( In brawl, for me Sonic sucks :( he doesn't kill and he's hard to kill, a 3-stock match, can be as long as 7 mins, which is boring :( Sometimes i think like "Megaman or Bomberman should be in Brawl instead of Sonic"
i hate Sonic, but, don't hate me :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's how we roll Crow.

Never played the DS game though, I just want to see how it is because I like RPGs and I liek teh Sawnik.

Also you people are insane with your pokeymanz.

Oh wait, I would be a hypocrit if I really meant that.

Still, even if we don't like each others' characters (Lucas is alright) we can ally ourselves... with ourselves, as people, and whatnot.

You all have the same purpose we do: to make our character better.

Because anybody who plays low-tier characters are cooler than the tier-whores.

And that would be awesome if either Megaman or Bomberman were in Brawl, I like both actually.

Sonic likes to wear you down to 7 minute fights.

Sonic does have a lack of kill moves, but like everything else in this game, you just gotta work at it.

LucaSonic, yeah bois!

:093:

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i vote that either nidoking or gengar b our pokemon representatives.
sorry APC. golem is not gonna work out =]
also, i dont play Lucas because he's low tier. i've been playing him since day one. and i use marth and zelda more than i do lucas.
still, i'd love to contribute in making lucas better. he's faaaar from the worst in the game

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wouldn't do that, the mods would get red flagged if anything has to do with Sonic.

I'm trying to help you guys keep this thing open, like seriously.

Mods hate us.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't know why, but I'll tell you this.

We flame n00bs that post the nth thread asking the difference between side-b and down-b (now there's no excuse since it is a sticky.), we double/triple/quadruple post often, we go off-topic a lot, we get posts every 45 seconds, we slap people with information, saying that we aren't all spin attacks, etc.

And I think it also had a little bit to do with the first weekly character discussion thread to get closed, we had a very negative attitude towards the SBR members that posted really stupid stuff like how Sonic's dash atatck doesn't go over Diddy's naners and how DTilt > Sonic when it really was just DTilt > A/\/Ther's week old Sonic (had to avoid namedropping), and other fallacies.

If you really must though, you could have like a sub-category on the OP saying something about the Steak and it's followers.

Chuee

Smash Hero
When you use nair or any other air attack on his second jump he stalls in the air for a little bit. This works with ness too.

Chuee

Smash Hero
it seems to only work with Nair and Fair (probably since the have small amount of lag). It also doesnt seem to work when the nair/fair hits an opponent.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
It's any aerial, and you hafta use it as soon as you second jump. This goes for Ness and Lucas.

Old, but always cool to find stuff out on your own.

LucaSonic fo'evah. :lucas::sonic:

On Mother's Day, we need to make another combo video with the Ness Boards.

heytallman

CTALL
Sorry to be like, about a page late on this, but the 2D Sonic games were incredible. Sonic 3 and Knuckles is one of my favorite games of all time. When he moved to 3D, things started going wayyyy downhill. I will probably never buy another Sonic game again. He used to be cool, but now he's not. Same goes for cartoon. The original SatAM series was so good (I have the DVD box set, so good), Sonic Underground was meh, but Sonic X is trash.

A Mother's Day combo video sounds nice. Maybe I can actually be in it, too!

I tried mapping L to specials so I could zap jump easier, but I couldn't get the timing down D: I guess I just need to practice more with it.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I tried mapping L to specials so I could zap jump easier, but I couldn't get the timing down D: I guess I just need to practice more with it.

what happens with triggers, is that they are bigger buttons than the other ones, try to press first L and the B, really quickly, not at the same time, it works for me for wave zap (ZL+b-stick)
i know Gengar is too good (actually my second favorite pokemon), but Golem has his own room in my heart <3
:076:

_Void_

Smash Cadet
Any random tips for the Lucas vs Yoshi match-up? =P
'Cause I'm going to a tournament on Tuesday where I'll definitely fight a Yoshi player who is uber cool and unfortunately, like, a gazillion times better than I am. Still, I want to at least get a stock of him xDD
So any help would be appreciated =) (I use Yoshi as a secondary but I really can't judge this match-up just as well as I would like to...)
:073:, err... :094:

heytallman

CTALL
Any random tips for the Lucas vs Yoshi match-up? =P
'Cause I'm going to a tournament on Tuesday where I'll definitely fight a Yoshi player who is uber cool and unfortunately, like, a gazillion times better than I am. Still, I want to at least get a stock of him xDD
So any help would be appreciated =) (I use Yoshi as a secondary but I really can't judge this match-up just as well as I would like to...)
:073:, err... :094:
Usually against Yoshi I stay away from him and reflect his egg toss if he tries to do that. He will usually shield it, but you can randomly get lucky sometimes, its a good 12% or so right there. Don't really focus on edgeguarding too much, Yoshi has superarmor on the second jump, plus a lot of Yoshis like to air dodge their way through their second jump anyway. Focus on Yoshi for when the superarmor is gone. Watch out for chaingrab > upsmash or some other similar set up. Other than that, just do your thing.

:094: I also have an EV trained Tentacruel on my Pokemon game, and I nicknamed him "SteveIrwin" lololololololololol

prOAPC

Smash Lord
spam pk fire XD
wath out for his chain grab, save your second jump for the edge, and try to use zap jump, and don't get gimped
nair combos usually don't work, his nair is too good

Chuee

Smash Hero
Definetly watch out for the chaingrab. Try and stay a good distance from yoshi. Yoshi has good close range attacks too. Oh and dont get his usmash and fsmash charge mixed up (i did that once ._.)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Yoshi is easy to beat IMO
PK fire can cancel out his eggroll and also his recovery isnt that good
so Lucas can easily gimp him.

....Nobody likes Ninetails:(

:038:

_Void_

Smash Cadet
Good Yoshis don't use Egg Roll and his recovery is quite nice, above average at the very least.
I know it as I play him myself xD
:073: and :094: rock

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
All pro Yoshis will airdodge/attack right after recovering with 2nd jump. Maybe you can time it right to hit Yoshi back off and that's -1 stock for Yoshi. :)

:034: Nidoking was always my favorite 1st gen pokeyman.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
well, yes i won the 8th Barranquilla tournament ^^
the rules were, best of 3, 3 stock, neutral/counterpick stages, and it was like a league, i mean, 16 people, 4 groups with 4 people in it, and they fight each others, the two players with more wins in each group, goes to the next round, and so on
i used Lucas most of the time, G&W in 3 fights (vs Isaac's Peach once, and 2 vs JP's Wolf), and Luigi (vs Zero's ROB, awesome match!)
in the first round, i won 2 matches one Lucas vs Zero's ROB (2-0), the other one i won i don't remember, and lost one vs Isaac (Peach vs Lucas, he won 2-1), but Isaac lost to Zero, so we, Zero, Isaac and me, where in a tie, i had to fight again vs Isaac, and i chose G&W and i won, then Isaac lost to Zero again, and Isaac got eliminated. Then i fight Zero again for the first place of our group, and i won with Luigi.
In the second round, i had to play angaist Snes, best player from Barranquilla, and one of Roy_R's friends, and he beat me with MK vs Lucas, still, i placed second in that group so i went to the semifinal.
The semifinal was Snes vs Mario and APC vs JP, i choose G&W, but i could easily have won with Lucas, i just wanted to relax and save Lucas for the final.
In the final, Snes chose MK, and i chose Lucas, the stage was Pkmn Stadium 1, really close match, but he won at the end, both with high %, the second fight, same characters, but in FD, i won with 2 stock, i killed him with PK Freeze, after i froze him, he started to button smash, and used tornado accidentaly, and killed himself. The 3th fight, he used DK, and i used Lucas, the stage was YS, nothing special in this match, i won because he tried to edge guard, but failed. That's all :) vids and results coming soon.
1- APC from Cartagena (but Bogotá crew) (Lucas, G&W, Luigi)
2- Snes from Barranquilla (MK, DK, Snake, Marth)
3- JP from Barranquilla (Wolf, Zelda)
4- Mario from Cartagena (but Medellin crew) (Link, ZSS, Toon Link)
here's the link of the tournament
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=38865563702
EDIT: i'll post the results in the regin ranking topic, and the videos in my video thread

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great job APC!!!!
I cant wait to see the vids:)
This a big accomplishment for Lucas
Has a Lucas main ever placed 1st in a big tourny??
Now one has....APC u made us and Lucas proud:)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
APC is broken.

Good work, son.
Pretty soon people will be eating omelettes 3 times a day and you'll have your own Nike endorsments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom