• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Chuee

Smash Hero
ADHD didn't attend MLG.
There's a few videos, theres a thread in the MLG discussion about it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, it's another hack of Brawl. It's official name is Project: Melee. It's intended to be as close to melee as possible. All of the newcomers though end up with pretty cool stuff. I'm really glad Lucas is getting Offense Up in it. It replaces that crap move of PKFr (which isn't even his :mad:) and gives him EVEN STRONGER SMASHES. Like U-smash is supposed to kill rediculously early when Lucas Offense Up's. He's also getting jump cancel out of PSIm. His B-air actually becomes useful in P:M because of the disjointed hitbox and it's ability to combo into it's self via DJC.

God I'm so psyched for P:M

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Don't worry, it's a closed beta as of now. You wouldn't be able to play it any way around. (and somebody get him a wii so he can practice for MLG Raleigh :mad088:)

shanus

Smash Hero
i was wondering if lucas players would be following our latest update or not, and here it is!

For those who didn't see it:
http://www.smashmods.com/

Two Dojo posts, one is a video, the second (with the awesome art) describes move changes.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Finally saw it as it is so amazing!

I love how all the attacks are icy infulenced <3 and the power up instead of PKFr is too good.

I want this :L

Levitas

the moon
oh man, I just looked at the project melee lucas :O

that looks amazing!

and lol @ the title change, I guess I'll come back more frequently

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Offense up Is broken rofl.
I'm pretty sure that Uair can combo into an offense up usmash and kill suuppperrrr ealry.
or bair into OU [offense up] usmash

yup.

Just going to call it OU.

shanus

Smash Hero
i like his new neutral B :) but i don't like DJC >_>
does his side B still have 2 hits?
Well remember that we improved on DJC from its melee iteration.

Basically, if you hold the jump button while doing your aerial, you can do a rising aerial whereas if you release the jump button and aerial then you DJC

Example:
Jump + jump while hitting A you do a rising nair

Jump + hit jump (release) + hit A, you do a DJC nair

Basically its DJC with none of the drawbacks and all of its advantages

Glad to see such positive feedback everyone!

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
thing is, lucas isn't fit to use djc. bair comes out too slow, nair and dair have multiple hits. fair is lackluster onstage, so the only move to get a beneift from this is uair. i guess finally being able to do quick SH uairs is good (before that, trying to do a rising uair immediately after leaving the ground would often lead to an upsmash).

but still, it still gives the possibility that of accidentally djc-ing because of neglecting to hold the jump button offstage.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not =P

However I have no clue why everyone else is ;_;

I still think Lucas is fun and underrated :laugh: (i'm dillusional)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can already see rPSI loving that photo to oblivion xD

those are cool shirts ;o (however I am not giving into the war *grrr* lol)

shanus

Smash Hero
thing is, lucas isn't fit to use djc. bair comes out too slow, nair and dair have multiple hits. fair is lackluster onstage, so the only move to get a beneift from this is uair. i guess finally being able to do quick SH uairs is good (before that, trying to do a rising uair immediately after leaving the ground would often lead to an upsmash).

but still, it still gives the possibility that of accidentally djc-ing because of neglecting to hold the jump button offstage.
I dont think you know how amazing djc fair and bair and uair are, just wait till u try (or look at project melee youtube there is an older match of sneak as lucas his first time and he does some nifty djc fair and bair stuff)

Levitas

the moon
I dont think you know how amazing djc fair and bair and uair are, just wait till u try (or look at project melee youtube there is an older match of sneak as lucas his first time and he does some nifty djc fair and bair stuff)
shanus is right. One of the biggest problems with lucas's brawl DJ is that you can't use it aggressively at ALL due to it being enormous. the DJC completely reverses that drawback :D

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I liked what I saw for P:M Lucas. Great, another reason people will tell me to get hacks........ >.> they're so persistant. But no more PKf or PKfr? This'll be interesting.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
pkf is still there; it's just the animation for it was changed.

also, someone tell me the store where you can find the wobbu shirts :3

Top Bottom