• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i put myself on stealth can you see me (i dont know about mystic mod powers)

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
yep, B-stick FTW, but if i had my own Wii and more time, i'd use c-bouncing
I need my C stick for aerials and quick smashes :<
and you can wavebounce without bsticking too
I don't know, a lot of people are used to it.

C bouncing > B sticking. in theory
SERIOUSLY GUYS??

Am i the only lucas main that uses this C-bouncing technique? It's too good. Just practice it and you'll be just as good as if you b-sticked with all the great benefits of still being able to use c-stick for smashes!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
SERIOUSLY GUYS??

Am i the only lucas main that uses this C-bouncing technique? It's too good. Just practice it and you'll be just as good as if you b-sticked with all the great benefits of still being able to use c-stick for smashes!
Are you talking about the control settings that you showed me earlier (like way back in whatever month it was?) If it is, I've tried it, but i don't know how to change it into a classic controller since my GC controller broke >.<

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Whoa whoa whoa, wait what is C-bouncing?
C-bouncing is a technique that was found awhile back but Galeon and myself (partly) decided to implement it with lucas. I think i'm the only one that uses it.

C-bouncing as it was dubbed is where your c-stick remains set to smashes and you change a button such as Z to special but then you'd have to change X or Y to grab. This is done so you don't have to "claw" the controller.

If you run forward, hit Z while holding forward on the joy stick, it'll shoot a PKF forward while lucas stays in place. Try adding a SH to it.

Now after you got the SH down, try short hopping, shooting pkf while holding forward on the joystick, and hit the c-stick in the opposite direction at about the same time. Lucas will perform a wavebounced pkf. (move backwards after pkf comes out).

Now set L or R to jump. Run forward, full hop with R or L, hit Z to shoot PKF forward, then hit the C-stick diagonally down in the opposite direction you are running and then hit Z a second time to pull out the magnet and you'll reverse magnet pull, without having lucas turn around.

Confused? Here is my controller scheme:

L = jump
Z = special
Y = Grab
Tap jump off
C-stick set to smashes

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!

tl;dr

someone find this kid the thread where it is explained bc i'm too lazy to look it up. lol

Are you talking about the control settings that you showed me earlier (like way back in whatever month it was?) If it is, I've tried it, but i don't know how to change it into a classic controller since my GC controller broke >.<
YES. And i would suggest setting ZR to special for a classic. idk though.

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
Oh that's what it is. Yeah I've tried that. It was cool but not really my thing. But at least I know what you were talking about.

Kole

Smash Lord
SERIOUSLY GUYS??

why did you quote me lol?

I c bounce

~Nasty~

Smash Lord

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I've done it before on the Top platform to the left platform on Brinstar.

Has anybody master doing the Footstool Banana combo thingie?
We have a pretty nice set-ups to doing it (Dair -> Footstool + Dair -> Dtilt Lock -> Foostool). I'm trying to get the hang of it, but I still can't grasp it fully =/.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i was playing through mother 3 for the 2nd time and

MOTHER 3 END GAME SPOILERS DONT READ THIS **** UNLESS U BEAT IT

I was fighting Porky, and he used a psi counter shield, it said "it didn't work on Porky" so then I use PK Starstorm and IT REFLECTS MY **** and Kumatora gets nailed. O.o. Wtf? I recorded this too is this a glitch or does porky start with a psi shield? :confused: He can't because I used pk thunder on him at the start and nothing got reflected unless pk thunder bypasses shields

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I though "Z special" was the name of it.... if not, then what is it?
There was no official name for it at the time that i brought it to everyone's attention in that group. I just dubbed it as Z special bc i thought it was fitting...

C-bouncing
There was a vote for it here on the lucas boards and this was the most popular name, so it is now called C-bouncing. :)

I hope you're not dissappointed Chunky.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Ahh... don't worry Nasty, it's ok. Now a small question for everyone.... (if it applies to you) when is your last day of school?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yay this is stickied ^_^

now I don't have to go find it if no one posts here in a bit.

Last Day of School: June 18th

*grumble grumble maryland stupid snow storm of the century grumble*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
shhh ;)

anyways yea snowstorm = bleck

BTW anyone see any good movies lately. I can't seem to go see any and I don't which one to see if I do ;_;

Top Bottom