• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
I was um... wondering if we could make a lucas community combo video. Cause we're better then MK =D Us like 10 Lucas mains > all the MK mains

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
No. The fate of the world rests upon your shoulders. Should you fail, the world will end.
lmaoooo.

I haven't been on the regular lucas boards that much lately, so i don't think i've met you yet. I go by Nasty, you've probably heard of me... (lol, jk jk).... but anyway, nice to meet u.

Naaaaaaasty.
Me and Tyr are going to Columbus :D
Chueeeee... i finally get to see you and tyr irl. i'm definitely pumped. Can't wait to see how we all do at this tourney. There's going to be sooo much competition there.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
tomorrow i will upload a video of a jab lock setup that MAYBE works at low %. In the video i'm not sure if i did it right, but you can get the idea, maybe you can recreate it and do it faster. It is something like magnet pull+dtilt

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol I hope this place starts chatting up again. Though im happy the MU discussion is going smoothly ^^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol me too and I am gonna start posting in all the threads more to try and get more activity out of them.

Doubt it will work but im bored and got nothing better to do =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
After they ask questions everyone should go look at all the threads that I re-bumped. Seriously, Lucas mains quit being so **** lazy and dead. =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol any help is welcome ^_^

So I got a tourny in three weeks. I just hope I don't come in dead last Dx

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
Tight man, but by the looks of it, you B-stick. Correct? Even though I do not, I'll still test it out see if it works more competitive-wise.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Sooooo....after playing melee for over a year, I decided to go back to this thread and say...

That I am glad that I am back to brawl. Nice meeting new faces and old ones.

Even though I do not, I'll still test it out see if it works more competitive-wise.
Depends on what character you b-stick, however, I seen Galeon use it...and I also don't b-stick.

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
All b-sticking is good for is wavebouncing i think... cause i can do all of the magnet pulls with out it. wateven

Kole

Smash Lord
I don't know, a lot of people are used to it.

C bouncing > B sticking. in theory

Levitas

the moon
B-sticking makes a couple of specific things easy. Zap jump, maybe 2-3 types of wavebouncing, stuff like that. They're doable without it, but I have trouble jumping at the opponent with a pk fire to get the full boost back. No stages are really long enough for it to be useful though, unless your goal is to corner yourself.

I C-stick

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I find Zap Jumping harder to do with B-stick rather than just clawhanding. :/ Then again, regular Zap Jumps don't get you very far.

Generally, if you're B-sticking you're pushing yourself back to the ledge, where Lucas gets *****. I just run away, RAR and PKFire. It's pretty safe and doesn't feel unnatural.

Levitas

the moon
ROLE CALL:

If you're looking here and I don't see you post, I'll make more mad faces at you till you do, all you closet lucas players >:U

I see you guys :p

Top Bottom