• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Wrath`

Smash Master
yes it does highten lucario's chances, uhh along with everone elses. plus it proves movies are not one way tickets to playibleness.

TAKE THAT DEOXEY FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!.

but still ,blaze is the man.

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Deoxys is out. I think Lucario would be an excellent Pokemon to play with, and he's the only Pokemon I think should deserve a spot. I mean others like Blaziken are OK, but I just think Lucario fits the spot better.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wouldnt laugh Lucario fanboys, who knows when this could happen (lucario panel):

Anyway if that DOES happen the last panel is gonna come true...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Diamond and Pearl weren't released until long after Brawl was already in development. So how can we be sure that anything from D/P is going to make it into Brawl?

I think Deoxys's chances were at least as good as Lucario's. So, while I think Lucario has a pretty good chance, he's not a sure thing like some of you guys think.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
That looks awesome! is it real or fake I need to know cause I've been saying since I found out about brawl that they would put him in there.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Haha thanx I just wanted to show hwo I was affected by the deoxys update, and hoping it wont happen to lucario... and I WILL nuke nintendo if that happens!

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
yea IMO his >B move will be kinda broken. I mean it shatters shields right away no matter what, people will just mass breaking them when people try to shield grab, shield roll, shield w/e. Kind of useless to do 1% damage. Something else should replace it. I'm thinking using moves he actually has, using ideas given with the link to serebii.net in previous posts.

I think a good >B move would be:
Extremespeed - used similar to Fox's >B
Bone Rush - throwing a bone boomerang
Stone Edge - throwing a large rock sweeped from the ground?
Blaze Kick - Fire kick that kicks out, and can be comboed like Roy or Marth's >B

His down B move, should probably be another move, too many counter moves already. Got some ideas:

Dark Pulse - anyone played D/P will see this move of dark energy surrounding the user and blasts out around them, this is what it should be with ok knockback, and slows falling for the duration of the move.

Earthquake - stomps the ground with anyone within radius either knocked back, knocked up w/e, unable to use in the air, but can be used to spike people.

Or he could just stay with the counter move I guess.

Just some suggestions =).

kaid

Smash Master
Here's a hint when going against a Feint-spammer, assiming it works like I summarised.

Don't shield. It deals only 1%, AND DOESN'T INTERRUPT ATTACKS.

And really, Inner focus is less a counter than a defence move, like Fox's shine.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
@Saph66: Hmm, I'm liking the idea of Extreemespeed or Bonerush being the >B move, as for down B, I'd go with Dark Pulse (or Dragon Pulse if you wanted a more odd attack.)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ha Ha Ha Nice Comic.

It would suck if Munchlax did make it. We got enough of cute Pokemon. We need guys like Lucario.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The Deoxys update wasnt the first indication that Lucario is likely to be playable fellow supporters...

Did anyone notice the Pokeball icon changing for Pokemon updates about a week ago? Yup, it is now the same icon used in Diamond/Pearl's touch screen when a battle starts. It looks like 4th gen content will be added to Brawl, and with that comes a lot of hope...

Jet_Kirby

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I really hope Lucario makes it in.
Every time nintendo denies a player their right to play as a really good character, a puppy dies...
Please dont kill any more puppies nintendo, please...

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Though so far, they haven't really messed anything up that I know of, I'm confident that the really good characters will be playable in Brawl (Lucario, Ridley, etc.).

The Incredible Giant Cannon

Smash Apprentice
my moveset for lucario:
a-force palm(like ganondorf' a move)
b- aura sphere
down b- swords dance- swords come spinning around him- like a comination of barry from spm and sora and riku's limit attack
smash b- metal claw- like bowser's kupa claw, only it is a little weaker and is a combo
up b- fient?- does the swirly thing that was on pokemon to gain hight. When another guy is in the way, lucario spin jumps past and does a kick to repel the attacker

Final smash- Close combat, no explaination needed

Stryks

Smash Hero
What?? Dude how can a psychic pokemon have the same moves of a fighting/pyschic pokemon, the ONLY reason blaziken aitn gonna be in is because he doesnt deserve it...

Wrath`

Smash Master
What?? Dude how can a psychic pokemon have the same moves of a fighting/pyschic pokemon, the ONLY reason blaziken aitn gonna be in is because he doesnt deserve it...
Stryks ,b/light has given you more than enough reason why blaze deserves to be in. Might not be as high as lucario,but he does have reasons to be in +styks lucario is fight/steel not fight/pych

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Quick Lucario move set, since I'm bored.

Neutral B- Aura Sphere: A small burst of energy that Lucario throws like a baseball. It’s only about the size of a pokeball, but it will home in on the opponent. It’s tracking acts much like a computer controlled PK thunder, but a bit faster. Because of that though, it can crash into things to quick before it hits the opponent.

Forward B- Bullet Punch: Lucario makes a quick jab punch, which acts like a projectile, creating a fist several spaces ahead of him. Lucario’s body then catches up to his fist after a slight instant.

Up B- High Jump Kick: Lucario kicks off the ground (or air) and flies upwards, and makes a strong kick. The flight direction is more vertical than horizontal. If on the ground, an opponent directly in front will be swept up with him into the air, and then kicked.

Down B- Metal Sound: Lucario lowers his head, and faces forward, creating a high pitched screeching sound. Scratchy looking lines will emanate for a shot distance from both sides, and if a opponent is hit by them, they will be put into a stunned state.

Final Smash- Close Combat: I suppose this would work out much like Link’s FS works. If it connects, Lucario will rapidly punch the opponent faster and faster, finishing them off with a final uppercut.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
ZOMG! LMAO!! omg, kk, I'm sure this has most likely been posted before, but I typed in "Lucario" on youtube, and found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V25yXvl9AGo&mode=related&search=

ROFLMAO!! now, I havn't been a pokefan in YEARS (since the first season) but ROFLMAO this is hilarious....the "regii's" just made my day :p their like, the funniest sounding thing I've heard

and for the record, I AM a supporter of Lucario

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Inhales* You've got yourself another supporter. Just watched the Pokemon movie with him in it and... Well he is pretty cool. Can't see his B moves much different than Mewtwo's though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*Inhales* You've got yourself another supporter. Just watched the Pokemon movie with him in it and... Well he is pretty cool. Can't see his B moves much different than Mewtwo's though.
I just saw it today too. And although I've always supported him, I now have a better idea of why people like him so much. The movie itself was pretty cheesey, as always, but I really grew fond of Lucario.

I <3 his thunder thighs.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I just saw it today too. And although I've always supported him, I now have a better idea of why people like him so much. The movie itself was pretty cheesey, as always, but I really grew fond of Lucario.

I <3 his thunder thighs.
He was pretty cool, right? We all know Sakurai likes chivalrous characters; just look at Metaknight.

I think the only move he -has- to have in common with Mewtwo is the projectile attack. He's got a wide variety of moves learnable (and even some that aren't learnable, I mean hell, we can stretch it a bit,) that could be developed so as to be original. If anything, I keep thinking of him more like Fox or Falco. Dash-Attack, Counter/Reflector. But I'd prefer him more original than that, too.

I think my FS of choice would actually be Hyper Beam, as's probably already been suggested. Keeps in theme with his hadouken nature. Glows, charges it up, jumps into the air and just has this beam he can aim with the control stick.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
He was pretty cool, right? We all know Sakurai likes chivalrous characters; just look at Metaknight.

I think the only move he -has- to have in common with Mewtwo is the projectile attack. He's got a wide variety of moves learnable (and even some that aren't learnable, I mean hell, we can stretch it a bit,) that could be developed so as to be original. If anything, I keep thinking of him more like Fox or Falco. Dash-Attack, Counter/Reflector. But I'd prefer him more original than that, too.

I think my FS of choice would actually be Hyper Beam, as's probably already been suggested. Keeps in theme with his hadouken nature. Glows, charges it up, jumps into the air and just has this beam he can aim with the control stick.
Mmm what was that powerful move in Pokemon that was like.. instant kill or something.. Forgot what its called.. or if in fact there is a move like that.. Should be a devestating one and Deoxys already has Hyper Beam although it is cool.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Yeah, Lucario's Aura Sphere seems like it might work pretty similar to Mewtwo's Shadowball. And if not that, then Samu's charged up blaster. Or it could work like Pieman's moveset suggests, but I'm not so fond of that one. One way or another, it's gotta be in there.

The rest of his moves leave a lot of room for imagination. I could see his Force Palm being pretty original, but I'm not sure how useful it would be. Regardless, his moves could certainly stray from the ones we know of in the pokemon universe, as you said. Afterall, isn't Pikachu's neutral B called "Thunder Jolt"? I don't think that's even a "real" move. Lucario's a fighting pokemon so his options are certainly open.

I would see no problem with his Final Smash being Hyper Beam if it weren't for Deoxys already using it. Lucario could use it in a different way, but I just don't see them giving him the same move as one of the pokeball pokemon.

Top Bottom