• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Lucario's Aura Sphere seems like it might work pretty similar to Mewtwo's Shadowball. And if not that, then Samu's charged up blaster. Or it could work like Pieman's moveset suggests, but I'm not so fond of that one. One way or another, it's gotta be in there.

The rest of his moves leave a lot of room for imagination. I could see his Force Palm being pretty original, but I'm not sure how useful it would be. Regardless, his moves could certainly stray from the ones we know of in the pokemon universe, as you said. Afterall, isn't Pikachu's neutral B called "Thunder Jolt"? I don't think that's even a "real" move. Lucario's a fighting pokemon so his options are certainly open.

I would see no problem with his Final Smash being Hyper Beam if it weren't for Deoxys already using it. Lucario could use it in a different way, but I just don't see them giving him the same move as one of the pokeball pokemon.
Well, it'd be interesting to have Aura Sphere and Force Palm be a little more...versatile than most characters B moves. ...Inspiration time! This is kind of like my Pulseman moveset, but...

B Hold - Wave Synch - Holding B will cause Lucario to 'ride the Wave' or whatever he does, headpieces vibrating like mad. Much like Samus' and Mewtwo's neutral B, this will charge energy. Unlike those, when you release B, the energy will stay with you so as it can be used with multiple moves.

Tap B- Aura Sphere - Strength depends on charge. Tapping with no charge yields a quick hadou..ken. ;) Size/damage/etc increases with charge. Obviously resets your charge when used.

Smash B- Force Palm - A straight-armed, open palm strike affected by charge. At no charge, a small pulse of hadou surrounds the fist and it's about as effective as a normal tilt attack but slower. At full charge, a large pulse (the height of our patron saint of SSBB hadokens himself,) appears just inches from the fist, possibly as strong as an uncharged Smash attack.

Well, just an idea. Probably would just keep charge and Aura Sphere in the same place and give Force Palm some kind of interesting side effect if it remains independent. Say, it has a set knockback and a brief stunning -if- the target hits the ground (as in after the small, regular trajectory of the attack is complete, the target is free to jump to safety if they've been knocked offstage, but suffers momentary paralysis if not,) but a long setup so it's hard to connect with.

And also, I know Deoxys already has Hyper Beam, but it really is a pretty common 'super awesome lulz!1' move. But more than anything...I'm really partial to the idea of giving Lucario both a Hadoken and a Shinkuu-Hadoken. ;)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Lucario's Aura Sphere seems like it might work pretty similar to Mewtwo's Shadowball. And if not that, then Samu's charged up blaster. Or it could work like Pieman's moveset suggests, but I'm not so fond of that one. One way or another, it's gotta be in there.
:(

Well it was actually desinged that way for originality, and NOT being like Mewtwo's or Sasmus's. You can't have these characters getting to redundant. That and aura sphere is a attack that's not supposed to miss in the first place. >_>

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
How about for Aura Sphere Lucario closes his eyes and concentrates his own Aura on the attack. Charge it or release it quickly. After being released you'll be able to guide it toward your enemy (similiar to Pit's Palutena Bow/Ness's PK Thunder.) However it leaves him vulerable so strike them as soon as possible. The attacks power would increase the longer you charged it.

kaid

Smash Master
I'm actually more in favor of slightly anglable or slightly homing effects on the Aura Sphere, than manual control. If you are controlling it, you're wide open to attack, which makes it impracticle. I mean, who actually uses PK Flash for anything except a mix-it-up edgeguard?

As for a FS... Focus bomb. It's effectively a bigger, less accurate version of aura sphere.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Well the homing in on a character would make more sense being that in Pokemon, the move cannot miss, but I was thinking on the topic of would it be fair. Would people dislike going up against a Lucario user if that move always hits? But what if the move could be avioded by getting behind some terrian or dodging, then that would make sense...

And yes, Focus Blast would make a great idea for a Final Smash.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If the Aura Sphere was fast and tracked, it would probably mess up quite a bit if the player is good. That's actually the best way to go in my opinion, with the move being able to track, but against a higher level opponent, the user needs to actually aim.

Looking back at my moveset, I still think my idea is good for it, except not thrown like a baseball, and more like he does in the anime. (Even if it does look like Mewtwo)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I agree, that would be the most suitable style to launch the attack, even if it is like the way Mewtwo shoots Shadow Ball in SSBM.

And Aura Sphere were a homing attack, that would be good, too. Because, like it has already been said, in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, Aura Sphere never misses, so the move moving as the foe does (within reason) would be ideal.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
I agree, that would be the most suitable style to launch the attack, even if it is like the way Mewtwo shoots Shadow Ball in SSBM.

And Aura Sphere were a homing attack, that would be good, too. Because, like it has already been said, in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, Aura Sphere never misses, so the move moving as the foe does (within reason) would be ideal.
Yeah, and it'd have a max time/distance of which to track the foe down, so it could be shaken off and wouldn't be considered too good/overpowered of a move.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
And people say Lucario is unpopular. This proves the fans want him, as do I, and I think Sakurai will put Lucario in the game. He is that **** versitile.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
And people say Lucario is unpopular. This proves the fans want him, as do I, and I think Sakurai will put Lucario in the game. He is that **** versitile.
Which is why I like him & have him on my team.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Which is why I like him & have him on my team.
I have a Lucario on my team too. He (or in my Lucario's case, she) is one of my favorite fourth generation Pokemon; named her Lithium by the way. Anyways back on topic, this Pokemon is definate Brawl material and would make a great addition to the game as playable. Don't know why some people would think otherwise.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

Movie Download: (Japaneese w/ Subtitles): (BitTorrent File)

Youtube, english version, part 1. *broken*

Youtube clip: Lucario using powers and fighting.

Lucario
Jumping: *****
Weight: ***
Speed: ***
Traction: **** (no wavedashes for him)

B: Aura Sphere. Chargable, but NOT storable... a ranged Flare Blade, essentially. Possiby aimable, and moves FAST. Minimum charge time at least 1/2 a second.

^:Hi Jump Kick. An aimable flying knee-kick that covers as much distance as G&W's recovery. Unless sweetspotted, Lucario takes 3-5% on landing. Think the Pokeball Hitmonlee from Smash 64.

>B: Feint- An attack that deals 1 damage, and has no stun to the target(Fox blaster-type no stun) but instantly shatters shields.

vB: Inner Focus. While held, all attacks on Lucario are treated like phantom hits. (no knockback, 50% damage) Activation and lag time are comparable to Fox's reflector, and like Reflector, remains active for as long as it is held)

Nair: Doublekick
Uair: Sky Uppercut- Lucario does a spinning uppercut, like Mario's Uptilt.
Fair: Cross Chop- Lucario crosses his arms across his chest, then swipes out-and-down with both arms.
Bair: A backhand, with a sweetspot on his pawspike
Dair: drill kick

Usmash: Lucario forms a Ki ball over his head for a few moments. (Goku spirit-bomb position)
Fsmash: Vacuume wave. Lucario "hadokens" a very short ranged wave of void that knocks the opponent the "wrong" direction.
Dsmash: Two energy balls, launched at the ground on either side of him.

Dash attack: Bone Rush. A high damage multihit rush, like M2 w/ item.

A: Pallet Punch. Like gannondorf's but faster and less knockback.
ftilt: Blaze Kick (like N64 Captian Falcon, with flame effects)
utilt: Metal Claw. An upward claw swipe
dtilt: Low Kick. Self Explanitory

Grab a: Close Combat
Upthrow: Lucario bench presses the opponent, and throws them straight up. Short range.
Downthrow: Seismic Toss
Fthrow: Force Palm- Lucario concentrates, then launches a wave of invisible force foreward, launching the held opponent away. (think Star Wars EP 1-3)
Backthrow: A backward toss, like Marths. Very low trajectory (think Bowser's Klaw backthrow)

Taunt: "Hado-awari-ne-addy!" (Japaneese for "the wave is in me", which is his catchphrase from the movie.)
English Taunt: "The Aura is with me."

Wining pose 1: Stands right in front of the camera, closes his eyes and creates a small blue aura around him.
Wining pose 2: Charges up a wave engergy ball as big as Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
Wining pose 3: Makes a rolling kick to the right, makes a rolling kick to the left(wich causes him to face you with his back) then turns around making a slash wich causes him to end like Bowser does in his winning pose with the 2 Koopa Claws.

Kirby Hat: Both sets of ears,

Or a simple hat,

Alternate costume 1: Changes the blue into Lightred
Alternate costume 2: Changes the blue into Lightgreen
Alternate costume 3: Changes the blue into Lightbrown
Alternate costume 4: Changes the blue into Lightpurple

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. This poll of smashboards-goers for "Which pokemon for Brawl?" puts him neck-and-neck with Blaziken, a pokemon that has had years to develope a fanbase.

Well, if he isn't YET...

Beach towel
Keychain
T shirt
Wrist strap.

Poster provided info:

Lucario appears to be a fox based pokemon but it also physically resembles the egyptian god, Anubis, and his name is also similar to the egyptian city, Cairo. Lucario was one of the first introduced 4th generation pokemon, right after Munchlax. He became a very popular pokemon after his introduction even though information about him was scarce. When he starred in the 8th pokemon movie: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, his popularity increased even further. In this movie Lucario was able to comunicate as if by telepathy, making it the 5th non-legendary pokemon able to speak. People assumed Lucario was a legendary pokemon after seeing the movie because of Lucario's exceptional abilities and relationship with Mew, but when the 4th generation pokedex was released, it was revealed that Lucario was in fact non-legendary.

Lucario was revealed to have a pre-evolution, a pokemon named Rioru. The only way you will be able to obtain Lucario in Diamond/Pearl is by obtaining an egg of Rioru from an area in the game called Iron Island, from a trainer who resembles Auron from the movie. Lucario is a Steel/Fighting type, a unique type combination to Lucario, and these types, along with his energy moves, would be reasonable for a fighting game such as SSBB.

Lucario is classified as a Pulse type pokemon, and its classification matches its fighting style, as Lucario can learn every single move with Pulse in the name, however rare or powerful, from Dragon pulse and Dark pulse to Pulse Bomb and Water Pulse. In addition, Lucario also has a number of other rare moves that could help him have a fun moveset in SSBB: Extreme Speed, Bone Rush, Anticipate, High-Jump Kick, Blaze Kick and more.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the highest ranking available is the Lucario Rank, which is the only 4th generation pokemon feature in the game. In D/P, the 3rd gym leader and the elite 4 champion will use Lucario as part of their team.

So as you can see, Lucario already is one of the most significantly popular pokemon, and the game that he highlights in hasn't even been released to western shores yet. Given openings for pokemon in Brawl, Lucario is by far the best choice.

Known Moves:
Learned Moves:
— Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
— Quick Attack 40 100 30 --An extremely fast attack that always strikes first.
— Foresight -- -- 40 --Negates the foe's efforts to heighten evasiveness.
— Detect -- -- 5 --Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
— Metal Claw 50 95 35 10 A claw attack that may raise the user's ATTACK.
6 Counter ?? 100 20 -- Retaliates any physical hit with double the power.
11 Force Exert 60 100 10 30 --May induce paralysis
15 Anticipate 50 100 10 --Strikes first with foe's attack at 1.5 power
19 Bone Rush 25 80 10 Strikes the foe with a bone in hand 2 to 5 times.
24 Metal Sound -- 85 40 -- Emits a horrible screech that sharply lowers SP. DEF.
29 Feint -- -- 20 --Only works when foe uses Protect or Detect
33 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
37 Pulse Bomb 90 -- 20 --Cannot miss
42 In Fight 120 100 5 --Lowers user's DEFENSE and SP.DEF
47 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
51 Extremespeed 80 100 5 -- An extremely fast and powerful attack.

TM & HM Attacks
TM/HM # Attack Name Type Cat. Att. Acc. PP Effect %
TM01 Focus Punch 150 100 20 -- A powerful loyalty attack. The user flinches if hit.
TM03 Water Pulse 60 100 20 20 Attacks with ultrasonic waves. May confuse the foe
TM04 Calm Mind -- -- 20 -- Raises SP. ATK and SP. DEF by focusing the mind.
TM05 Roar -- 100 20 -- Makes the foe flee to end the battle.
TM06 Toxic -- 85 10 -- Poisons the foe with an intensifying toxin.
TM08 Bulk Up -- -- 20 -- Bulks up the body to boost both ATTACK and DEFENSE.
TM10 Hidden Power ?? 100 15 -- The effectiveness varies with the user.
TM11 Sunny Day -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of FIRE- type moves for 5 turns.
TM15 Hyper Beam 150 90 5 -- Powerful, but leaves the user immobile the next turn.
TM17 Protect -- -- 10 -- Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
TM18 Rain Dance -- -- 5 -- Boosts the power of WATER- type moves for 5 turns.
TM21 Frustration ?? 100 20 -- An attack that is stronger if the TRAINER is disliked.
TM23 Iron Tail 100 75 15 30 Attacks with a rock-hard tail. May lower DEFENSE.
TM26 Earthquake 100 100 10 -- A powerful quake, but has no effect on flying foes.
TM27 Return ?? 100 20 -- An attack that increases in power with friendship.
TM28 Dig 80 100 10 -- Digs underground the first turn and strikes next turn.
TM29 Psychic 90 100 10 10 A powerful psychic attack that may lower SP. DEF.
TM30 Shadow Ball 80 100 15 20 Hurls a black blob that may lower the foe's SP. DEF.
TM31 Brick Break 75 100 15 -- Destroys barriers such as REFLECT and causes damage.
TM32 Double Team -- -- 15 -- Creates illusory copies to raise evasiveness.
TM39 Rock Tomb 50 80 10 100 Stops the foe from moving with rocks and cuts SPEED.
TM42 Facade 70 100 20 -- Boosts ATTACK when burned, paralyzed, or poisoned.
TM43 Secret Power 70 100 20 30 An attack with effects that vary by location.
TM44 Rest -- -- 10 -- The user sleeps for 2 turns, restoring HP and status.
TM45 Attract -- 100 15 -- Makes the opposite gender less likely to attack.
TM52 Focus Bomb 120 70 5 10 --May lower foe's SP.DEF one stage
TM56 Hurl ?? 100 10 --Hurls out held item, power depends on hold item
TM58 Endure -- -- 10 -- Endures any attack for 1 turn, leaving at least 1HP.
TM59 Dragon Pulse 90 100 10 --No Added Affect
TM60 Drain Punch 60 100 5 --Recovers half the damage inflicted
TM65 Shadow Claw 70 100 15 --High critical hit ratio
TM66 Quick Revenge 50 100 10 --Power doubles if user takes damage first
TM68 Giga Attack 150 90 5 --User cannot attack next turn
TM71 Stone Edge 100 80 5 --High critical hit ratio
TM75 Swords Dance -- -- 30 -- A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.
TM78 Entice -- 100 20 --Lowers opposite genders SP.DEF two stages
TM79 Dark Pulse 80 100 15 20 --May cause foe to flinch
TM80 Rock Slide 75 90 10 30Large boulders are hurled. May cause flinching.
TM82 Sleep Talk -- -- 10 -- Uses an own move randomly while asleep.
TM83 Nature Blessing ?? 100 15 --Power depends on held berry
TM84 Poison Stap 80 100 20 30 --May poison foe
TM87 Swagger -- 90 15 --Confuses the foe, but also sharply raises ATTACK.
TM90 Substitute -- -- 10 -- Creates a decoy using 1/4 of the user's maximum HP.
TM91 Luster Cannon 80 100 10 10 -- May lower foe's SP.ATT one stage
HM04 Strength 80 100 15 -- Builds enormous power, then slams the foe.
HM06 Rock Smash 40 100 15 50 A rock-crushing attack that may lower DEFENSE.
HM08 Rock Climb 90 85 20 20 --May induce confusion

Egg Moves
Attack Name Type Cat. Att. Acc. PP Effect %
Cross Chop 100 80 5 -- A double-chopping attack. High critical-hit ratio.
Detect -- -- 5 -- Evades attack, but may fail if used in succession.
Bite 60 100 25 30Bites with vicious fangs. May cause flinching.
Mind Reader -- -- 5 -- Senses the foe's action to ensure the next move's hit.
Sky Uppercut 85 90 15 -- An uppercut thrown as if leaping into the sky.
Hi Jump Kick 100 90 20 -- A jumping knee kick. If it misses, the user is hurt.
Agility -- -- 30 -- Relaxes the body to sharply boost SPEED.
Vacume Blade 40 100 30 -- Always strikes first (fighting)
Crunch 80 100 15 20 Crunches with sharp fangs. May lower SP. DEF.
Low Kick ?? 100 20 -- A kick that inflicts more damage on heavier foes.
Iron Defense -- -- 15 -- Hardens the body's surface to sharply raise DEFENSE.
Blaze Kick 85 90 10 10 A kick with a high critical- hit ratio. May cause a burn.
Palette Punch 40 100 30 -- Always strikes first (steel)

Base Stats:
[Lucario] 70 HP, 110 Attack, 70 Defence, 90 speed, 115 Special attack, 70 special defence, FIGHTING STEEL Types

Source: http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/9135/inbrawllucarioqa8.png
Could you make a lucario for Brawl picture that's aroudn the size of the ridley one i my signature?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Lucario would be rubbish in brawl i mean there is no reason for him being in the only ones who should get in are 1st gen because everyone knows them! and look at him he is a fox clone!! hes rubbish lets have Squirtle!

.......Jking XD

Seriously now Lucario for brawl!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Even if i wasn't that wouldn't be very wise... *Glares at BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke: EEP!

The wave dash is in me!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo.

I watched the Lucario movie yesterday through questionable available means.
I was never particularly partial towards him, but that's because I never had any "personal contact" to him in any besides some pictures.
I like him a little more now... but I'm still not convinced.

If he's in Brawl, the one thing that will really matter to me is how he's designed and animated.
I always felt that the design was horribly stiff and he looked like someone just tried to make a statue of Anubis into a living being. This stiffness was partially present in the movie as well, but at least he moved there.
I hope they make him seem more lively. I loved actually hearing him in the movie ( in Japanese ). He made those cute purring sounds sometimes.

...this post is horribly unstructured. I should be getting some sleep.

So, final point: Does anyone have any art or even an official animation of Lucario for me where he doesn't seem so stiff and more like an actual lifeform? Vividness is the one thing he's lacking in order to make him likable, I think. ( In fact, that's a problem that thousands of newer Pokemon suffer from. =/ )

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well considering most only have around 2 sprites its a bit hard.

But i know what you mean about his statuesqueness (Hey its Firefox spell checker!) sometimes... well... he is a steel type XD

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
>_< Lucario's chances just got downed with the arrival of the Pokemon Trainer. It's a great idea and everything, but if Lucario doesn't get in, it's going to be a big slap in the face for me. On the other hand though, it's three characters in one and being able to control Charizard does seem nice. However, I'm still cheering for Lucario even so.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I doubt we will only have 4 Pokemon characters in Brawl so i guess that Lucario still can take the 5th spot.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
*Slaps grim across the face*

Considering how small the Pokemon franchise is obviously we are only gonna get one newcomer for them isn't that right... GRIM!!??

Fawriel

Smash Master
Shush, grim.

Hey, there were some people who thought that Lucario couldn't be in because he's 4th generation, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Trainer model looks like it came straight out of Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Which is 4th gen.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Shush, grim.

Hey, there were some people who thought that Lucario couldn't be in because he's 4th generation, right?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Trainer model looks like it came straight out of Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Which is 4th gen.
He's fire red/leaf green trainer. Remake of the first game. Puts it in the 3rd Generation.

Edit: Because that's how you got a lot of the first and second generation pokemon during the third generation.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I knew that. The thing is that the model looks exactly the same as in Pokemon Battle Revolution... although I guess that might be a coincidence or something. *sigh*

the grim lizard

Smash Master
>_< Lucario's chances just got downed with the arrival of the Pokemon Trainer. It's a great idea and everything, but if Lucario doesn't get in, it's going to be a big slap in the face for me. On the other hand though, it's three characters in one and being able to control Charizard does seem nice. However, I'm still cheering for Lucario even so.
How would it be a slap in the face for you? It's not like you created him. >_>

Shush, grim.

Which is 4th gen.
You're wrong...what GD said.

Meh, get over it. Lucario is a very lame Pokemon in my opinion. Not quite as lame as Deoxys, but...he's up there. I will admit that he's the best choice for a 4th gen. rep, but that says more about the 4th gen. than it does about Lucario.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Or maybe it just says more about the fact that you hate the 4th gen... and likely the 3rd one as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Or maybe it just says more about the fact that you hate the 4th gen... and likely the 3rd one as well.
QFT

My first reaction to the update today was extreme dissapointment, but now that I think about it, it sounds kinda fun to play as the first 3 starters.

My second reaction was, "How are Lucario's chances now?"

I'm still pulling for Lucario...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
>_>

Wow...No, I'm a very objective person. And besides, think about what you're saying. If I do hate the 4th gen., why is that? It's because most of them are incredibly lame and uninteresting or just too completely bizarre. I dislike 4th gen. because of this very reason. I went through with an open mind, trying to see if there were any that interested me or I thought would be cool to include as PCs...and there were none. None whatsoever. Some where borderline, but nothing that you'd go to the extent of making them playable. I'll agree that Lucario is the most viable. But the fact that he's the only one that is viable is what my concern is. That was my point.

Think about what you say before you say it, honestly. I've never blatantly disliked something without any merit. It sounds to me like you (not just you but most people here) have trouble being unbiased about your little Pokemon.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
>_>

Wow...No, I'm a very objective person. And besides, think about what you're saying. If I do hate the 4th gen., why is that? It's because most of them are incredibly lame and uninteresting or just too completely bizarre. I dislike 4th gen. because of this very reason. I went through with an open mind, trying to see if there were any that interested me or I thought would be cool to include as PCs...and there were none. None whatsoever. Some where borderline, but nothing that you'd go to the extent of making them playable. I'll agree that Lucario is the most viable. But the fact that he's the only one that is viable is what my concern is. That was my point.

Think about what you say before you say it, honestly. I've never blatantly disliked something without any merit. It sounds to me like you (not just you but most people here) have trouble being unbiased about your little Pokemon.

Hm...I don't like very objective people. They tend to have a very poor sense of humor.

That being said, you don't sound very objective. It sounds like your opinion is that they're all lame, uninteresting, and bizzare. It's hardly objective when that's only your opinion. As far as no other pokemon go, I happen to know that Lopunny, Buizel, and the two Eevee evolutions have a bit of a following besides Lucario. Might as well add Bonsly, Manaphy, and Munchlax because of the anime. Lucario's hardly the only viable choice. He just happens to be the most popular choice.

kaid

Smash Master
Lucario's chances are the same as they were yesterday.

If anything, the fact that Sakurai has tacitly admitted to a "trio rule" takes blaze out of the running, leaving Lucario only Gardevor as competion.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I'm not a massive Lucario fan i just believe based on everything that he is the best choice for Brawl out of the Pokemon but... who do you think would be better Grim?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario's chances are the same as they were yesterday.

If anything, the fact that Sakurai has tacitly admitted to a "trio rule" takes blaze out of the running, leaving Lucario only Gardevor as competion.
Actually, no. I think that the starters where a by-product of the pokemon trainer idea. (Who better to be his 3 pokemon than the starters of his gen?)

This probly doesn't affect Blaze much at all.:ohwell:

And between the 2 Gard was the only one on Sakurai's Poll for characters. In fact, a pokemon trainer has been on EACH poll (Melee poll and Brawl poll).

Plus, there are actually 100s of pokemon in the running for brawl. We have only seen 1st and 3rd gen pokemon in brawl so, as of yet, the 4th gen aint been confirmed for smash in any shape way or form.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm... not to drag you guys down or so, but I'm getting the feeling that Lucario really isn't as likely as it seems...

If there's one thing I gathered from the past updates, it is that Sakurai is aiming at making the game as diverse, interesting and unique as possible. He's really trying to stretch the format to the max.

So...
What really unique thing does Lucario have going for him?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but movesets for him so far only dealt with physical attacks and projectiles, but something that might be more important is mobility, unique twists and unique strategies.

The one thing that's really unique about Lucario is the whole wave thing.

I'm not really an expert on this guy, so I'm not sure whether I understand the concept completely.
Could one of you guys come up with a moveset, or just a general sketch of one, that really incorporates something new that hasn't been done before?
It doesn't have to be extraordinarily spectacular...
Fox's moveset for example is based on quick pokes and upward killers and his mobility is very fast on the ground and almost only vertical in the air... there's a purpose behind his movement and his attacks.
Something like that would be enough already, I suppose, but, the more unique, the better.

kaid

Smash Master
Tha major keystones to Lucario's moveset, at least the way I see it, are Feint and Endure.

Feint, I designed to do one thing... punish shield-campers. If you arn't shielding, it doesn't do anything... but if you are, your shield breaks and you're vulnerable.

Endure, on the other hand, is simply an adaptation of Yoshi's airjump's effect (or Ike's ^B, now...) but applied to a holdable format, like the Shine or Psy Magnet. Like the shine, it should be able to be countered from.

Like the shine does with fox, these moves would define his playstyle.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is unique for its almost perfect balance between physical attacks and special attacks.

Plus, there are actually 100s of pokemon in the running for brawl. We have only seen 1st and 3rd gen pokemon in brawl so, as of yet, the 4th gen aint been confirmed for smash in any shape way or form.
No, but would Sakurai want to ignore the 4th generation completely? I think the reason the updates didn't start until May was because they hadn't finished with the characters.
Besides, Lucario has been known for far longer than most 4th gen Pokemon. I doubt Sakurai wouldn't be aware of it.

Top Bottom