• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Maybe 90% chance is a bit high...though I think there is a good chance, I'm realizing that TGS comes around only 2 months after the month we're in right now, they could easily keep us waiting until September...

Anyway. That Lucario Kirby hat looks good, the real thing would most likely look a lot like that.

rayecho

Smash Ace
I'm all for Lucario for Brawl. Its just that some of the moves you gave him do not seem original. You also made his B Forward move way to powerful. Otherwise he a great choice and Pokemon.

I also like how the moves are put up and what level he learns them at. :)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Now less than a week until E3, I wonder exactly how different this one will be than last year's E3, I hope the game info is just as good, getting that SSBB trailer was good, it'd be nice to see another one at this year's E3.

I wonder who would be faster than Lucario, I don't know how fast they'd make him, and how much they'll change the other fast characters (Fox, and C. Falcon, if he is returning).

Sandy

Smash Champion
He uses some cool powers that I imagine would make him a good potential replacement for Mewtwo (if they choose to ditch him) or just a cool Pokemon with a mix of psychic powers and physical strength/speed. Definitely a kick-*** Pokemon whom I’d love to see, Lucario has some potential to get in.

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, Lucario the Aura Pokemon, now where do I start...

Lucario is definately my top Pokemon choice for Smash. Not only is he a fighting type, but he also knows a variety of moves making him pretty lethal. Though nimble and speedy he may be, his defenses aren't the best so he could be a bit lightweight. Other than that Lucario would have an array of short and long-ranged attacks making him an ideal choice. He has also appeared in his own movie and is a fan favorite among the fourth generation (which Diamond/Pearl happen to be the best-selling DS games) so putting him in Brawl would be a plus.

All in all, Lucario's definately Brawl material and I sure hope to see him in the game.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Same here, I'd play him pretty much all the time, and truly master him as fast as I can so I could not only enjoy using the character, but be great with him as well.

There is no more appropriate character for Brawl. Day after tomorrow, hopefully we'll have SSBB's release date. Hard to believe it's so close.

It is going to be in Santa Monica, California. I'm sure most of you already know, just saying in case somebody doesn't know. But you can't get in unless you are at least invited...

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Lucario's chances in Brawl are definately high due to his large fanbase and being a recent character. And this is kind of embarrasing to admit, but I almost cried in the movie when he had to sacrafice himself to save everyone.

And that Kirby hat is him is so cute. ^^

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am not doubting lucario,but dont think he's a shoe in. If you get your hopes up too high,you will have a greater down fall

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I am not doubting lucario,but dont think he's a shoe in. If you get your hopes up too high,you will have a greater down fall
I'm... agreeing... with Koarin?! THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!

jk :laugh:

Anyway, yeah, I myself prefer to think small and be a pessimist, and be pleasantly surprised later. I've already prepared myself for the worst case scenarios: Lucario and Gardevoir not appearing even as pokéballs, Ridley and Midna as ATs, Megaman and Geno not appearing at all even as ATs, and such other terrifying to even contemplate occurances. It's sad, but it will probably save me a dissapointment or two.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
^^A reasonable philosophy, to be sure. But I prefer to stay at least a little optimistic. Not so much that let downs completely drive me nuts, but enough to keep excitement up until the game comes out.

True, Lucario fever does seem to have dwindled slightly over the past couple months, but I'll still be waving this Lucario flag.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Going to go off topic for a moment.

I had lost my Nintendo DS on May 1st, 70 days ago. But when I went to bed last night, I noticed something, on my dresser, that I hadn't seen in months, it was my lost Nintendo DS.

After 69 days, my NDS was found yesterday, now I don't have to spend my money on getting a new NDS, so with that cash, I will be able to get Pokémon Diamond the day after tomorrow.

And, that's all good, but to top it all off, E3 starts tomorrow. It'd be great if SSBB's release is announced tomorrow, it would be a great way to get things going at E3.

Specs

Smash Cadet
*doesn't bother to read rest of posts*

Replace Inner Focus with Counter/Me First, and I think we have a winner!

For a Final Smash, I could see either Extremespeed or Focus Bomb.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer it if Mewtwo wouldn't have to be replaced for Lucario to be in SSBB, but if I could only choose one, it'd have to be Lucario.

And I'm sure many of you already know, but Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Launch Date was finally announced, yesterday.

The release date is December 3rd, 2007. Leaves only 3 weeks of shopping before Christmas Day, and it is the same launch date as SSBM had, with the exception of the year, of course.

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
If Lucario is in he will be one of my mains as he is my favorite 4th gen pokemon. He has alot that is unique to him so I think he would make an awesome addition. But what woud his Final Smash be? I was thinking Focus Blast,he could shoot out the ball of energy and it would stop a distance away and expand rapidly into a wave of energy.

just my 2cents.

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
If they gave lucario wave guiding bomb, and made it reflect projectiles different direction xcept bombs, that would go back onthe waves and hit the opponent, he would be a perfect matchup against link..

Shuma

Smash Hero
So i assume that practicaly confirms Mewtwo, and leaves a Spot for Lucario. :)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Cheese.... and..... Rice....

That is some real fan work on the first page. I'm glad I have broadband or else I wouldn't be able to load the first page haha... I'm not going to read this.... 53 page thread.. but. Hes got some cool moves and seems cool enough... He gets a spot in my heart beside Blaziken.

*Support Lucario, even if its in a Pokeball*

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
And the fact that pichu is probaly cut leaves some room for Lucario and I hope Mewtwo gets a huge buff in Brawl.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
If Lucario doesnt get in since Deoxys is out, there is something seriously wrong.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Now that there's no chance for Deoxys, it looks like a guarantee that the Pokemon reps will be Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo and Lucario.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
now that deoxys is out nothing stops lucario....i hope..
mewtwo needs to leave and lucario needs to be an actual competitive pokemon unlike most of the others....we've seen in smash...

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
As much as I would love to see Lucario as a playable character, I've got this feeling that Sakurai has a completely random playable-pokemon planned for Brawl.....

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
This is a great update.

1: Though I'm sorry for the disappointed Deoxys supporters, this confirms that it will not be a new playable Pokémon, but a Poké Ball Pokémon, and this should definitely increase Lucario's chances of making it, now that one of the other contenders has been confirmed to not be playable.

And 2: Even though it is a Poké Ball Pokémon, it's attack looks really cool, especially when performed in a place with a dark background.

So Lucario's chances of making it into Brawl as a playable character ought to be higher than ever.

Top Bottom