• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I was talking about the Blaziken in hell part, not the top post.
Oh, sorry. I was talking about the pic at the bottom of the first post here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83487

She only has a half damage resistance to fire after all. She's still perfectly capable of being burned.

And the ability Blaze only increases the damage of her fire moves when her HP is below 34% unlike some pokemon that actually have an ability to absorb certain move types. Example: Lapras with Water Absorb.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Oh the hopeless romance? Can ye not all see it?

Blaziken: Lucario, Lucario, Wherefore art thou Lucario?
Deny thine Topic Creators and refuse thy name!
Or if thou will not, be but sworn my love and I will no longer be a starter Pokemon!

Lucario: I take thee at thy word.
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Lucario!

kaid

Smash Master
Im sorry but that last part made no sense imo.

Lucario fan boys where bashing anything and everything about Blaziken when ever she got more votes back before the poll thread was remade. The lead Lucario fan here (Kaid) even made a thread trying to transfer the Blaze love to the new monkey (and fond out that more people like the Pip starter for this 4th gen than that monkey in the process).

Really, it sickened me to see such hate rain upon Blaze by these Lucario fans everytime she got 1-5more votes. Blaziken love on this site was really lead back back than and it is still lead back now. What, now like 3 people openly support her well bashing Lucario and its annoying?

Theres been way worse on the other end. . .
Many of the people on this forum come into this debate neutral. However, when they compare the first posts of the Blaze and Lucario threads, and the posts of Wrath vs the posts of, say, Darkfur, they go and vote for the people who put time into convincing people, and who actually have grammar and spelling. (You do have these things, but you do not post as much as Wrath and Alpha Noob)

I ask you to point to any post that says "Well, I didn't know anything about them, but I did my research, and I believe that Blaze would be better than Lucario for brawl."

Beacuse I can point to at least 2 that say the opposite. (And please, I think we would both prefer to ignore the people who WANT Blaze as a Capt. clone, just like we ignore the people who want Lucario as a Fox clone.)

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've been playing Diamond lately (uncle brought one from the states, along with EBA and some more quality games. Man I love my uncle ^^) and I'm seriously liking this lucario fellow. He's a cool pokemon, and I really like his moveset. He might not be totally uber, like mewtwo and company, but he's fun to have and has merited a spot in my lineup since I evolved riolu. A few skits from the movie sealed the deal (and usually my hate for the pokemon anime knows no bounds). So yeah, count another Lucario supporter around: if we have to have more pokémon, I'm siding with the anubis wannabe in this one ^^.

(I still want mewtwo to be revamped before we talk more pokemon, though. If there's one person in the pokemon franchise who deserves to be totally badass, it's him and noone else)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Lucario also has:
1.weak defence
2.weak special defence
3.less than average health
4.I'll burn it with infernape

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Oh look, the other troll has arrived. *throws some bread over the fence* Go get it! Go get it boy! *whistle whistle*

Quick somebody shoot it! Trolls aren't people after all.

Seriously though, the best thing said all day was the person suggesting that we won't raid your topic if you won't raid this one.

Obviously you can't understand how this would solve everything so I'll explain it better.

You go away and shut up and were happy. And we won't bother you about your love affair with the chicken.

Wrath`

Smash Master
statistics wise, thoese are true, lucario has weak defence. and if i had my choice Tyranitar would be in, i am not a blaze lover,i just like blaze.

*Throws steak over to the troll againts blaze* Ohh wait thats you

Black/Light

Smash Master
I ask you to point to any post that says "Well, I didn't know anything about them, but I did my research, and I believe that Blaze would be better than Lucario for brawl."
Funny you asked.

That seems to be the new song over at the Nsider. I have only seen 3 Lucario topics there over the past 4-5 weeks and they arvg at about 8 post each with like 3 post saying Blaziken is better.
(And about 1 each with someone who says " What, thats Lucario? Blaziken/ Deoxy would be cooler". )

But I do agree with the whole "they go and vote for the people who put time into convincing people, and who actually have grammar and spelling." point. Thats been the case over at the Nsider for the longest now. Because of a few Japanese members over there telling everyone just why Japan likes the pokemon they like you now see pokemon like Gard/ Buneary and Lopunny getting some fan-base ( Gard mostly. The other two have their moments ).

For the most part no ones been hyping Lucario because, over there, the Lucario buzz has fallen and he is now just a "pokemon that had a important role in a movie that was mostly about Mew".
I guess no one puts up a fight for him other than he "looks like he should be in brawl (Looks coo)".

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Lucario also has:
1.weak defence
2.weak special defence
3.less than average health
4.I'll burn it with infernape
First 3: completely true. Lucario, like a lot of my other faves, such as Weavile (btw, anyone know where to get a sharp claw? I got my weavile through exchange, and I'm trying to breed my own one, but I can't find the darned item for the life of me) has high attack and sucky defense. That is undeniable.

4: Aw, c'mon, man, even the mighty Tyranitar falls when suitably applied a fighting move by, for example, a machamp, and I am sure you'll agree Tyraitar was one of the strongest things in the 2nd gen (and probably still is very much top tier). Lucario being killable by a pokemon whose two types are effective against him is kind of a no-brainer, not a drawback.

I personally find Lucario more appealing in terms of looks and possible moveset than Blaziken for brawl, which is why I'm in this thread and not the other one, but hey, to each their own.

(P.D: You do know the char in your sig is called Kaorin, and not Koarin, right? Sorry for the nitpicking, but I was kinda curious as to wether that was a misspelling or some kind of nickname)

Micahc

Smash Ace
statistics wise, thoese are true, lucario has weak defence. and if i had my choice Tyranitar would be in, i am not a blaze lover,i just like blaze.

*Throws steak over to the troll againts blaze* Ohh wait thats you
DEAR GOD TWoK, flame wars get you no where. And sense when do the over all stats of Pokemon have ANY relevance is Smash? Pikachu who has mainly all his stats poured into speed and special attack is fast in SSBM, but most of his attacks are all physical. If SSBB came out in '03/'04 then Blaze would get a spot with Deoxys, but because they're fads THEY WON'T GET IN. They're time has past, and now it's Lucairios(sp?) turn for his four years of fame before it gets past on to a flaming bipedal cow or what ever. Blaze has no chance, it's Lucarios turn now, son.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
WAIT!, here's a soultion!, why not have them both?!, then the Blaziken & Lucario fanboys will both be happy!.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Really? Last I was on, Character topics were banned.
There not "banned", just looked down upon because they have a character suggestion topic. Many character (and character suggestion) topics are still on the forums.

People will post. . .
"Lucario" or "4th gen pokemon" for the title and simply ask if people think Lucario should be in.

Funny lil tricks people use to get around actually suggesting characters because suggesting characters will land you 5-10 people yelling "floated thread". They wont close it or anything.

Oh, and empy's post on the poll topic said the whole Blaze over Lucario thing you wanted me to point out. (He is a page back on that thread)

kaid

Smash Master
There not "banned", just looked down upon because they have a character suggestion topic. Many character (and character suggestion) topics are still on the forums.

People will post. . .
"Lucario" or "4th gen pokemon" for the title and simply ask if people think Lucario should be in.

Funny lil tricks people use to get around actually suggesting characters because suggesting characters will land you 5-10 people yelling "floated thread". They wont close it or anything.

Oh, and empy's post on the poll topic said the whole Blaze over Lucario thing you wanted me to point out. (He is a page back on that thread)
Wow... what a way to completely cut off actual convincing info.

As for Empy, he posted 3.5 hours after I asked that question, in exactly the format I was asking for. I'm tempted to cry foul. :ohwell:

Now to go dig up all the ones that say it the other way...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I know Dfur has not rolled, and nethier have I. I just gave some opinions and facts.

GO TYRANITAR.

And i dont hate lucario, i just dont like him as much as blaze, lucario is ok

@dude who asked about my name, yeah i spelled it wrong and will continue to.

@ MICHACG. LUCARIO BASED ON WHAT BACK/LIGHT HAS SAID HAS HAD HIS TIME TO,SO IN YO FACE!!!!!!!!. Lucario sadly was a movie fad

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow... what a way to completely cut off actual convincing info. How might that be? Sorry if Im not going into great detail about what these threads say but the main thing is "Lucario title + Why you like Lucario and think he should be in + "do you think he should be in" to not get slapped with the "Floated Thread ftw" post. Same as a suggestion with the safe ending on.

As for Empy, he posted 3.5 hours after I asked that question, in exactly the format I was asking for. I'm tempted to cry foul. :ohwell: What does that have to do with anything? They where already talking about Lucario and Blaze there. . .plus, look at the polls.

Now to go dig up all the ones that say it the other way...Pretty easy seeing how the main Blaze gunners have been gone for so long. . .I would think the other poll would be a better fit for pro Blaze post.
And there. . .

kaid

Smash Master
I wasn't refering to you, I was talking about N-sider's policy. Sorry for the confusion.

Incidently, who were the main blaze gunners? I just remember you and Wrath, and you are both still here.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Incidently, who were the main blaze gunners? I just remember you and Wrath, and you are both still here.
I would probly have to go dig their names up seeing as I aint been doing much here every sense like 5 + months ago but I remember a S name. . . someone with a O name. . . . .and about 2 other people before I shipped out. (Most of Blaze supporters arnt that hard core so when she beat Lucario on the old thread most of them didn't care to jump on the Lucario fans who bashed her. . .Im only counting the ones I saw that debated)

They changed their names and are on a other forum I go to rarely but they say that they left because of all the new people here making useless debates (Im in one of these useless debates with a new person on the Poll topic right now :ohwell:. . .2 people at that. . .reminds me why I left).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im OK with Lopunny and Gard. . . as long as they are played out uniquely and made fun to use.

I can't really say who will end up in out of the pokemon series. . . anything could happen seeing as I could very well name 10 pokemon with good reason to be in.

^^^ I thought he was saying that Lucario had his buzz from the movie he had (. . . like 2 years ago) and his fame has now faded out (fad).

Now the new movie pokemon is Darkrai and Lucario's movie statis is in call.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Im OK with Lopunny and Gard. . . as long as they are played out uniquely and made fun to use.

I can't really say who will end up in out of the pokemon series. . . anything could happen seeing as I could very well name 10 pokemon with good reason to be in.

^^^ I thought he was saying that Lucario had his buzz from the movie he had (. . . like 2 years ago) and his fame has now faded out (fad).

Now the new movie pokemon is Darkrai and Lucario's movie statis is in call.
Maybe so, but it just premered in the US, like two months ago, and Diamond and Pearl released, with Lucario as a special. And besides Which pokemon hasn't gotten in mainly because of the anime series/movies? The only one of the pokemon cast members that had importance before the anime was Mewtwo, and still the anime promoted him with a movie, and without the anime/Moives We would'nt have Pikachu/jigglypuff or Pichu, we'd just have ones who have potential r adom poke's due to the games. As for Me Lucario for brawl.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Pika is the sole mascott of pokemon with or with out the anime (the reason he got into the anime as the main character's pokemon was because he was the mascott).

And if the anime rules out who gets in than why hasn't Meowth ( the 2nd most seen pokemon in the anime and has been in ever movie ) gotten in yet Jpuff ( made a few appearances in the anime back in the first gen ) got in from the start? Because Jpuff was greatly loved in Japan (popular).

M2 is the only true villian pokemon as seen in the games and was also greatly popular so it's only nature for him to get in.

In fact, there are only 2 pokemon in the game that had a important role in the anime (Pika and M2) well the other 2 where picked because of either being popular (Jpuff) or being a form of an older character (Pichu).

Wrath`

Smash Master
One thing we forgot. prodution of brawl stated most likly in 2003/2004.

Blaze was popular during thoes early stages of production,so he was most likly conciderd.

Lucario was popular during the middle stages of production,so he was was concoder to+ yes the movie:urg:.

so there it doesnt matter if they are popular now,as long as they were popular during production.

@michac, if you like lucario,why would you say coolo if lucaris boat left also? all i can think of is :******: :******: :******: :******:

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
One thing we forgot. prodution of brawl stated most likly in 2003/2004.

Blaze was popular during thoes early stages of production,so he was most likly conciderd.

Lucario was popular during the middle stages of production,so he was was concoder to+ yes the movie:urg:.

so there it doesnt matter if they are popular now,as long as they were popular during production.

@michac, if you like lucario,why would you say coolo if lucaris boat left also? all i can think of is :******: :******: :******: :******:
You're wrong, on the old site they said they started it early 2005. And besides, Lucario is brand new over here in America, so techincally his "boat" hasn't left at all, since america is one of the biggest conutries that will buy brawl his inclusion is great and he still has ****loads of popularity., infact in America I could say Lucario's "boat" just came in.

Wrath`

Smash Master
blaze was still popular in early 2005,blaze kind die out in 2006.

and lucario's popularity has diminished in america,its still there,but much less then it was

Black/Light

Smash Master
Pokemon D/P just came out two months ago, how could he have already lost his popularity?
. . . .Because people knew about him 2 years ago and now that they have the game they see that he "isn't anything special". . .thats what I hear now-a-days. His main appeal is his "cool" facture as seen in the movie.

. . .But his fan-base has been slipping for over 5-6 months now so it probly aint just the game that caused it. Probly was a fad pick.

Micahc

Smash Ace

I'm a Lucario fan? I would just rather have him in over Blaze, and I would rather have Mewtwo return over them both. Oh and Marowak and Scyther. I want them in too.

Top Bottom