• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Probably not actually. Doesn't Tyranitar get a sp def boost during a sandstorm now, which would make it hard for Lucario to one shot it with it's sig move, pulse bomb (I think it's called that). And tyranitar has a high natural defense to stand up to Lucario's physical attacks. I think it'd be close, and the only thing that gives Lucario the edge is he's a bit faster and gets a 4x damage boost from type match up.

Plus, don't you have an Infernape as well. Half of the game is counter picking against types and realizing what pokemon to play when. While Lucario may not be Tyranitars best match up, there are plenty of situations where Tyranitar can hold his own.

Black/Light

Smash Master
THANX DUDE!!! Out of all the pokemon this is the only one I think HAS to be in brawl (Give me Lucario and K.Fox and IDC who else gets in. . . But I still want Blaziken and Deoxy too).

And I getting tired of people asking "WTH is a Lucario?" so Im going to post alil info on his background and movie. We really need to spread the word about him even thouth hes one of the top 3 choices for pokemon.
Wow, I have grown alot sence this year old post. . . wow.

Thread looks different too (first post).

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yea, who would have thought that his over all appeal on the web would have tooken such a hard blow before or around the time 07 rolled in? (This is the only place where I can find any form of a Lucario fandom other than the "Ash should get a Riolu because Dawn has Buizel and Paul has Chimchar and Ash needs a cool pokemon!" people on the pokemon sites. . .)

. . . I surely wouldn't have guessed that my Poke-pick perdiction list would be the following. . .

Pika
Mew2
Gard
Blaze
P&M/ Pachirisu
Buneary/ Lopunny
(7th Maybe a wild card or none at all)

And have the mods deleted a large amount of post here or something? Seems kind of small for a thread thats one full year old. . .:ohwell:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lucario for Brawl. I will be annoyed if anything else gets in before him.

In the Pokemon game, Lucario's main appeal comes from its massive movepool, cool typing and sweeper ability: However, Lucario does have two glaring weaknesses that make it less than desirable on occasion.

1) for a sweeper, Lucario is actually pretty slow. With a base 90-something speed, he's not going to first hit any other sweepers like Weavile or Alakazam. Now that's a problem, seeing as Lucario is also:

2) defensively weak. It doesn't take much to knock him down, even with a not-super effective move. An Alakazam can One-hit a Lucario using only Psychic.

Although Lucario's signature move is Aura Sphere, some people actually believe that a physical attacking Lucario is better than a special attacking one. Lucario may have a few more base points in its special attack stat, but as a physical attacker, it has more moves it can utilize, Reversal for example.

Lucario is considered to be the best Pokemon to use Reversal because it's not effected by Sandstorm. With Tyranitar and Hippowdon becoming popular because of Sandstorm's 50% special defense boost to rock types, Lucario is good here because it can use Endure to get itself down to 1 HP and then sweep with Reversal (base 300 damage attack at 1 HP, including STAB) without being KOed by Sandstorm.

Also, Close combat and Pallet punch become useable moves for a physical type Lucario.

But I digress: Lucario for Brawl. He deserves it over any other Pokemon.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I have to wonder...if Lucario is in Brawl (which I sure hope he is), would he be revealed before the game's release, or would it just be left to be found out when somebody unlocks him when playing the game after it is released?

I can hardly stand waiting for confirmation, because I am such a big supporter of Lucario to be in SSBB, there's just so many reasons, it'd be just wrong if he is not in it. Truly.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nsider (The one place we know Sakurai has shown any attention to) has the whole "Lucario. . .meh, w/e" feel for the most part in any smash poke pick thread. People seem to be more interested in Japan wanted pokemon (Gard) or random DP/ RS pokemon now that the game is out (been like that for a well. . .a very long well).

But now that the site is updating they all just focus on that.

Edit, but thats only one of the sites. . .thought I would say that one for it's connection to Sakurai.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Darkfur...I know those places you speak of. *shudders*

Besides that, I would expect that Lucario will be revealed. He really is one of the more obvious additions. It would be natural for Nintendo to reveal him as soon as the next big chunk of info hits.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
*bump* You all realize what part of Lucario makes him part Steel type, don't you (pokes everyone who doesn't with a spike)?

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
I agree in that Lucario is the only Pokémon that deserves to enter SSBB (well, along with Meowth). Here´s a movelist I made for him. It´s not much, because I´m not good at these things, but oh well.

LUCARIO
from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl

STATS (Out of five)
Strength - ****
Weight - ***
Speed - ***
Jump - **

A-MOVES would essentially consist of kicks, punches, the occasional tail swipe and the use of Aura for smashes. Fairly close-range, and defensively oriented.

B-MOVES
B - Focus Blast: Lucario faces forward and edges back slightly, closing its eyes and holding its arms out. A sphere of yellow energy about as tall as Lucario appears. The Pokémon leans back and then pushes forth with its whole body, sending the orb traveling in a straight trajectory across the stage. It travels about as fast as a Charge Shot and does high damage, but the charge time is pretty long. The blast keeps moving after hitting opponents.
B-Up - Force Palm: Lucario leaps upward; if it comes in contact with an enemy, it will grapple them and then throw them down with an unnerving cracking sound, which also impulses Lucario upward further. The move doesn´t offer much recovering unless it comes into contact with a foe, and can continue to climb upward it it were to hit two others.
B-Side - Me First: Lucario assumes a particular fighting stance and looks forward. If an opponent comes into physical contact with Lucario while it is in this stance (which lasts for about 0.5 seconds), Lucario will throw them in the opposite direction, dealing the exact amount of damage that the foe was going to inflict with the move he/she was about to use, but with 5% added.
B-Down - Dark Pulse: Lucario closes its eyes and concentrates in place as dark flames dance around its feet. A short instant later, three projectiles of shifting, black miasma will emanate from its body, homing into enemies at the speed of Samus´ missiles. When they make contact they inflict the foe with a dark burn, dealing constant damage for several seconds.

Final Smash - Aura Sphere: The screen darkens as Lucario closes its eyes, sensing everyone´s aura. A glowing blue ring will appear on one of the opponents. If the battler fails to evade it, which is quite difficult, Lucario will launch an Aura Sphere, a large orb of pulsing blue energy which always hits the target. It deals less damage than the average Final Smash, but has surprisingly high knockout potential.

Air Jordan

Smash Cadet
Of all the pokemon that have been mentioned, Lucario looks the most promising playable
character to be added to SSBB.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I am very confident of Lucario being a new playable Pokémon character in SSBB.

Just one thing bad about that; if he happens to not be in it (-_- at that...), I would be greatly disappointed, I am counting on and relying on Nintendo, Sora, and Masahiro Sakurai himself to not mess it up, he's done the 2 available SSB games right, I trust he'll do this right as well.

Waiting anxiously for E3 to begin 34 days from today, to hopefully find out the release date and know when we can get it ourselves and see who made it into the game.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is the best character for brawl so far out of the pokemon and other characters to me if he is put in the game at least.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I think Lucario will be a fifth Pokemon on the roster, Mewtwo will be replaced by Deoxys, and we will finally get Meowth!
*shot for dreaming big*

Stryks

Smash Hero
mewtwo shouldnt be replaced just because hes lame in melee, hes the strongest pokemon of all, and is somewhat consider a villain for some (not me), they just need to improve him...

Wrath`

Smash Master
i dont want him replaced,but
m2 is an old movie star,so i though they might replace him with lucario the new movie star

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why not both? I mean jiggly is probably gone, with what kirbys update said:

"Yeah... He’s the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He’s round, pink, and soft."

Isnt jiggly round, pink and soft too? and their isnt much u can cahnge about jiggly, so I say shes probably gone, obcours eit could have been a bad translation but u get the point...

Now there are only a handful POSSIBLE pkmn characters out there, the most deserving are: Lucario and Deoxys, with pikachu that makes 3, and since mucnhlax is OVERWHELMINGLY popular in japan, im affraid hes probably in there too, that makes 4, and with a brand new and improve Mewtwo, that makes a total of 5 pkmn characters, 1 more than in melee, sounds fair XD

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Why not both? I mean jiggly is probably gone, with what kirbys update said:

"Yeah... He’s the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He’s round, pink, and soft."

Isnt jiggly round, pink and soft too? and their isnt much u can cahnge about jiggly, so I say shes probably gone, obcours eit could have been a bad translation but u get the point...

Now there are only a handful POSSIBLE pkmn characters out there, the most deserving are: Lucario and Deoxys, with pikachu that makes 3, and since mucnhlax is OVERWHELMINGLY popular in japan, im affraid hes probably in there too, that makes 4, and with a brand new and improve Mewtwo, that makes a total of 5 pkmn characters, 1 more than in melee, sounds fair XD
jiggly is way popular in japan. i wouldnt count him out.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well he aint as popular as she was a decade ago, and she was actually a substitue for pit, but now that pits here, doubt she'll return... XD

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
if jiggys getting replaced by pit, then he better have a rising pound and rest. oh, and a nice disjointed bair for wall of pain. ...OMG! thats why they didnt show his side B and his down B. we've already seen them in melee! duh! i cant belive i didnt figure that out before...

EDIT: i just noticed this is the lucairo topic. what happened to that? hahahhaa!

EDIT: oh, and by the way, i know jigglypuff is returning. i can sense her presence. i hear the rollout charging...

Stryks

Smash Hero
He is as deserving as lucario, both have their own movies, and deoxys is the only pokemon with diferent forms, that is unique...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
^^I think you got a little mixed up there, Deoxys is the one with different forms, not Lucario.

Top Bottom