• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

CasMat

Smash Cadet
Erm... one of the alternae colors needs to be

It's his "shiny" color..... every poke in melee has their shiny color represented (EX: pikachu's ash hat costume or Mewtwo's green costume)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say great moveset, especially the inner focus one (would have never thought of that)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I completely agree with one of Lucario's colors being his shiny version (yellow).

And, for the sake of Team Battles, he must have a color for Red, and Green (Blue would already be covered by the default color).

How would they be like? Would the Blue become Red or Green, or would it just have some sort of object on it that is of that color (example: Jigglypuff's Red color has her wearing something resembling a red flower on her head, green has her wearing a headband, and Blue is a Bow)?

kaid

Smash Master
Note that they can also play with the color of his chest fur.

(Grabs sprite, takes into Paint)

I'll be back with an edit later.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Good job on the sprites, the red one looks good, it'd be nice to have a color like that to choose from, though my favourite remains as it's original, blue color.

Just over a month until E3, though I doubt very much that they'd reveal Lucario then, I am positive that SSBB's release date will be announced, which basically tells us roughly when we'll be able to play it and find out what characters are and aren't in it.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
He runs similar to the way Fox does in SSBM, very similar. If he were at al similar to any other character, I'd have to say it'd be Fox, with excellent speed and quite good power.

They've hardly had any Pokémon related updates...just 2, really. Pikachu added to the character list, and another time that there were 2 updates in 1 day: Poké Ball, and a new Poké Ball Pokémon revealed, and that's it.

It bothers me how they're updating the site with everything else Nintendo...what do they have to hide that they're being so quiet about?

SSBZalamander

Smash Cadet
Lucario is my number one newcomer pick, next to sonic, and i swear if they put him in as a pokeball pokemon, i will personally go to nintendo headquarters and punch the person who did it right in the Face

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
...you wouldn't punch Mahiro Sakurai right in the face, would you? But, if thats how you feel about it, well, I wouldn't blame you, but people should respect that guy, nobody is perfect.

As disappointed as I'd be, there's still lots of other pretty good characters, and the game itself is just as fun, just not fun that would be had while playing as Lucario if he is a Poké Ball Pokémon...

Only 24 days away from today until the start of E3, then we just might find out when SSBB will be released, which is the only thing I want to know, things about the game can be found out through playing it, not from seeing some info on a site...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I love how the only Pokemon on the poll was Gardendevoir...

That basically gives us no idea what pokemon he is even considering. I hope they include lucario though.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
He's Steel/Fighting. I don't think we'll have a problem with floatyness and lack of speed.
I can all but guarantee that if Mewtwo returns (and I'm thinking he will) he'll be free of the problems that faced him in Melee. Make him faster, stronger, heavier with better DI and you'll have yourself a high-tier character.

Now, getting off my Mewtwo soapbox... People have said that Lucario wouldn't be original, but is Luigi? What about Pichu? Roy, maybe? Well, not at first glance, but I'd answer "yes" to the questions. Just because Lucario is a martial artist doesn't mean that he can't be extremely different. At the start of the thread one person mentioned making him a fast, small heavyweight. This could work if you balance it by stripping him of the ability to do much damage. Besides, Sakurai is paid to think up innovative ideas. I'm sure he can find a way to put him in, and if he can Lucario is almost assured to get in. He's the mascot of the newest generation after all.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Aply the person aboves argument to blaze,take that lucario nazi's
I may support Lucario, but even if I didn't this just goes to show how unoriginal you are.

Blaze Nazi would fit you as opposed to everyone you call a Lucario nazi. Why do you continue to badger your point when it's a pretty obvious one? Frankly, you are making me hate Blaziken, which is quite the opposite of kinda think he'd be cool feeling I had before.

I support him burning in McFoxes pit of flames.

Edit: You are almost as bad as that guy making a billion topics over that girl not everyones heard of from Fire Emblem.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Moewth is adored by the 4-10 year olds watching the show, Blazekein is liked by people who actually play the Pokemon games, and buy the games. Plus Blazekein is the only Pokemon starter to really have a popularity that is up there with the original 3, so that kicks in. Point is that unless Nintendo wants to aim for little children (sorta like with Pichu I guess), Meowth has a small fanbase and chance compared to Blazekein, period.

Also, how does Moewth have over 100 votes=geez=he's not going to happen=I'm about 98% positive Meowth won't be a playable character, though Meowth could very well be a Pokeball Pokemon. Still, you never know, Sakurai could aim for a younger audience like he did with Pichu, and I'm assuming that Meowth would be the best choice.

However, I hope Sakurai doesn't aim for a younger audience, and aims for us actual smashers, not the people who buy the game, play it for 10 minutes, hate it because they can't unlock a certain character, sell it, and go back to playing their fav crap games. Overall Moewth's reconizability is the only reason it stands ANY chance watsoever. Don't expect Meowth, or prepare to be disappointed.

Here, I'll make a realistic list for the Pokemon that actually have very or decently likely chances:

-Pikachu: If anyone says Pikachu won't make it, I'l probably cry in laughter at their stupidity, unless they were joking, in which I'll cry in laughter at their hilarious sarcasm. After being overpowered in SSB64, and nered in Melee, I'll assume it is rising to power again.

-Jigglypuff: A staple in the series, and a favorite amonst Pokemon fans. Plus it can beat down like most Pokemon dream, and is played quite often amongst smashers=semi-success at least.

-Lucario: The most desired Pokemon for Brawl, with a amazingly large fanbase, and is up there with the most desired characters for Brawl. I wouldn;t be surprised if Lucario is in the top 5 most desired characters for Brawl, it's that wanted.

-Mewtwo: Weak in Melee, but has potential. I don't see Mewtwo leaving, but I see radical changes in store for Mewtwo, hopefully for the better. Mewtwo could very well be the Samus of SSBB, in terms of turn arounds.

Now those are the 4 are think are well in, now I'll list two that are fighting for that final and coveted 5th spot, in order of chances:

-Deoxys: A pure original, in the sense it has 4 sick forms! One of the 5% of Pokemon I actually like, it has amazing psychic abilities, and some intresting attacks to back them up. A moveset is easy to think of, plus it has a good sized fanbase.

-Blazekein: The most popular starter since way back to the begining! Sure Blastoise pwns any Pokemon anyday ( ftw!), but it's a Pokeball Pokemon, along with Venasaur and Charizard. ( ) The next best thing and next most popular Pokemon is definitely Blazekein.

Pretty good sized fanbase, could have some intresting attacks, especially considering it is a fighting type Pokemon, plus fire helps, and being the only Fire and Fighting type is a major plus. Still, don't expect Blazekein, but don't mark Blazekein off your list of likely Pokemon...yet.

This doesn't mean you're Pokemon that isn't on this list has no chance, just not as much as the 6 above. Overally you never know, and overall it comes down to popularity, importance to the series, and reconizability. Those 3 things, plus of course Sakurai's choosing deciede which Pokemon is in Brawl, and which Pokemon is not.

Any thoughts, ideas or comments=???

Side Note: No way Meowth has less chance than Deoxys! That is plain blastphomey
Here is what jhoknight has to say about this

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
actually, looking at his D/P stats, id say hes more like excellent power and quite good speed.
True, I wasn't thinking of it's D/P stats, but yeah, it's Attack is higher than it's Speed, but it's Defence stat is quite a lot lower than both.

I think that it may get knocked away relatively easily in Brawl, but very good power and good speed will in may cases, outweigh that and lead Lucario to victory in battle.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...and to be fast with extremely powerful attacks, with mostly psychic ( not dark ) moves and few physical ones.......

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
The only way they'd mess up Lucario is by stuffing it in a Poké Ball rather han making it a playable character, if it's in it, it'll be easy enough to see it's a fighting type, they would't stray far from it's statistical and characteristical strengths.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Lucario........................The next mewtwo?

anyway, you never know, sakura could have somthin diffrent in his mind then lucario

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai's only plans for Charizard are to keep it in the pokeball, like it has been in the last 2 games.

Though really, the only pokemon Sakurai picked up on was Gardevoir, so we really have no idea which pokemon he's planning to have playable:ohwell:

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Kay, fanboys if Lucario was'nt in a movie, what makes him so great?. Oh and uh: Blaziken>Lucario end of story,

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
lol hypocrite.

Coming into the middle of the Lucario board calling everyone fanboys and then saying that. You are clearly a Blaziken fanboy, and have no room to talk.
Uh-huh, no room to talk eh?, i am not a fanboy, i was simply setting the record straight, Fire beats steel!, sheesh! you make stupid judgements based by what i say...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Uh-huh, no room to talk eh?, i am not a fanboy, i was simply setting the record straight, Fire beats steel!, sheesh! you make stupid judgements based by what i say...
Not a fanboy aye? Then how do you explain all the various topics you've visited shoutiong Lucario sucks, and Blaziken is so much better?

What a true hypocrite. You can't even see that you are one.

I didn't even go into the issues of how close going into the middle of the Lucario topic purposely to call names, and plug your so and so is greater than Lucario thing brings you to being a petty troll. Yes you have your opinion that Lucario sucks. (I have seen your other posts.) But, there are several topics that agree with you. You're ONLY reason for coming here is to create conflict, and thats very trollish.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Can you even anwser my first question without getting into a debate about what i said?, i don't like Lucario, so he sucks to me. I did'nt call any names in this thread, i just came here to ask why ppl like him so much. But instead i have someone calling me a hypocrite. nice.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Can you even answer my first question without getting into a debate about what i said?, i don't like Lucario, so he sucks to me. I did'nt call any names in this thread, i just came here to ask why ppl like him so much. But instead i have someone calling me a hypocrite. nice.
Yep, and not only a hypocrite, but lazy. Do you see how long this topic is? Perhaps if you read it, you'd find the answer to your question.

Noob fits your name.

And calling people fanboys with biting intention is calling names. Even if it's true that there are more Lucario fanboys than Blaziken fanboys. You don't have to be jealous though. It's still trolling to delve into the topic with pure intention of conflict.

And we both know you had no intention of listening to anyone telling you anything about why they liked Lucario. You called everyone fanboys and said Blaziken was greater. Now I'm calling you a Lieing Lazy Hypocritical Troll.

And why do I have this right? Because you came here with the intent of causing conflict, and I just gave it to you. However, it's probably not the kind you were expecting, hmm?

And personally I know the way to solve this.

--

*grabs two pokeballs and smashes together*

Trainer 1: Hey!, He got your Blaziken in my Lucario!

Trainer 2: No! He got your Lucario in my Blaziken!*

Trainers 1&2: Hey!... eww... gooey.

--

Hmm... perhaps I should have thought that through further...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
seriously. . . why does everyone like Lucario
My reasoning is because I think he's sexy.

I accept that not everyone agrees with me, and I don't care how weird it sounds. But I don't go around to other pokemon topics blamming people for their choices or because they don't happen to like mine like a couple of posters on the last couple of pages did.

I really didn't feel plus or minus to Blaziken until this started happening. Now his representatives have killed any potential I had to like him, and I can fully see WHY he is burning in McFoxes pit of fire.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im sorry but that last part made no sense imo.

Lucario fan boys where bashing anything and everything about Blaziken when ever she got more votes back before the poll thread was remade. The lead Lucario fan here (Kaid) even made a thread trying to transfer the Blaze love to the new monkey (and fond out that more people like the Pip starter for this 4th gen than that monkey in the process).

Really, it sickened me to see such hate rain upon Blaze by these Lucario fans everytime she got 1-5more votes. Blaziken love on this site was really lead back back than and it is still lead back now. What, now like 3 people openly support her well bashing Lucario and its annoying?

Theres been way worse on the other end. . .

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Im sorry but that last part made no sense imo.

Lucario fan boys where bashing anything and everything about Blaziken when ever she got more votes back before the poll thread was remade. The lead Lucario fan here (Kaid) even made a thread trying to transfer the Blaze love to the new monkey (and fond out that more people like the Pip starter for this 4th gen than that monkey in the process).

Really, it sickened me to see such hate rain upon Blaze by these Lucario fans everytime she got 1-5more votes. Blaziken love on this site was really lead back back than and it is still lead back now. What, now like 3 people openly support her well bashing Lucario and its annoying?

Theres been way worse on the other end. . .
I just simply don't agree with going into the topic meant for supporting a character just to blam them. I don't agree with Lucario lovers going into the Blaziken topic to do it either. I wouldn't know if it's been happening because I've not frequented that topic, but if it has been, I don't agree with it.

And the last part was meant to lighten the mood with humor.

Sort of a shout to the joke about Peanut butter and Celery came about.

Except the result was squished pokemon and not a yummy snack. ^_^

Top Bottom