• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I would like it if both Lucario and Mewtwo are in it, but Mewtwo is getting a bit old now, not sure if he'll be returning or not, even though he's one of the best characters in SSBM.

D

Deleted member

Lucario would turn out very much like Mewtwo should have done. A fast on the ground, good with projectiles, wavedashing monster that beats Pikachu to a pulp.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
True, Mewtwo should have been a quite fast character that's good with projectiles.

But this description fits what Lucario may be like if heis playable, he would be fast, and good with projectiles, his Aura Sphere would be much like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, but much faster traveling speed probably, and straighter, if not completely straight.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. I think because of the movie also Lucario is easier to translate to SSB. His moves were, apparently, very well put together for the movie and accurate to the games. But I'm not too sure - I've not watched any Pokemon movies or the Anime for years.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even think of that, but yes, Lucario's voice (through telepathy) is in the movie Lucario and the mystery of Mew, so they would already have his voice basically set.

They could maybe just use Lucario's voice from the movie, and make it say or make whatever grunt or sound they want for it to be completed as a playable character in SSBB.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I think because of the movie also Lucario is easier to translate to SSB. His moves were, apparently, very well put together for the movie and accurate to the games. But I'm not too sure - I've not watched any Pokemon movies or the Anime for years.
Well I have seen the movie - the first I see since Mewtwo versus Mew, actually, because I was told it wasn't that bad. Yes, it would be rather easy to translate. Aura spheres, pulses, etc, are represented in the movie, and Lucario is shown as a light, high-jumping (in SSB, you can expect him to be rather floaty), fast fighter with some pretty sweet range attacks. Oh, and the movie is actually pretty digerible - that Mime Jr cracks me up everytime xD

D

Deleted member

I didn't even think of that, but yes, Lucario's voice (through telepathy) is in the movie Lucario and the mystery of Mew, so they would already have his voice basically set.

They could maybe just use Lucario's voice from the movie, and make it say or make whatever grunt or sound they want for it to be completed as a playable character in SSBB.
I was getting at his moves more, but yeah, his voice would be easier implemented than most other Pokemon. Although some say the Pokemon games are more important than the Anime or Movies, every single Pokemon character says their name like in the Anime/Movies. It's very ridiculous. It's good news for Meowth, at least.

Well I have seen the movie - the first I see since Mewtwo versus Mew, actually, because I was told it wasn't that bad. Yes, it would be rather easy to translate. Aura spheres, pulses, etc, are represented in the movie, and Lucario is shown as a light, high-jumping (in SSB, you can expect him to be rather floaty), fast fighter with some pretty sweet range attacks. Oh, and the movie is actually pretty digerible - that Mime Jr cracks me up everytime xD
Perfect for SSB much? He seems like a convincing candidate... Popular, a very attractive moveset, cool design etc...

And, welll... :laugh:

I can't believe you watched a Pokemon movie... :chuckle:

A... Pokemon... Movie... :chuckle:

Oh well. I may watch it one day if I'm bored if it's any good. Do you recommend it? :p

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Perfect for SSB much? He seems like a convincing candidate... Popular, a very attractive moveset, cool design etc...

And, welll... :laugh:

I can't believe you watched a Pokemon movie... :chuckle:

A... Pokemon... Movie... :chuckle:

Oh well. I may watch it one day if I'm bored if it's any good. Do you recommend it? :p
Hey, as I said it was mainly because an external source told me it was not too bad xD. I haven't seen a chapter of the anime or a movie since I saw Mewtwo vs Mew. Plus, I had already downloaded it for my cousin, so I said, what the hell, let's give it a chance. It's not exactly top-quality anime, but if you're willing to look into some of the little bits it's actually pretty fun to watch (as I said, the queen's Mime Jr gets me every single time xD. In fact, a lot of the pokemon do. What the hell, let's kick all the humans, it's not like they do anything anyway :laugh:). I don't really regret watching it, myself.

D

Deleted member

Hey, as I said it was mainly because an external source told me it was not too bad xD. I haven't seen a chapter of the anime or a movie since I saw Mewtwo vs Mew. Plus, I had already downloaded it for my cousin, so I said, what the hell, let's give it a chance. It's not exactly top-quality anime, but if you're willing to look into some of the little bits it's actually pretty fun to watch (as I said, the queen's Mime Jr gets me every single time xD. In fact, a lot of the pokemon do. What the hell, let's kick all the humans, it's not like they do anything anyway :laugh:). I don't really regret watching it, myself.
I may watch it later on, then. Just to see the big fuss about Lucario, and what it's all about. I don;t know why anyone likes that dog thing, he's nothing special by looks. One of the many special designs, but not anything spectacular.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I may watch it later on, then. Just to see the big fuss about Lucario, and what it's all about. I don;t know why anyone likes that dog thing, he's nothing special by looks. One of the many special designs, but not anything spectacular.
Oh, I liked him before the movie. I dunno, he felt nice, and I was eager for the moment I'd get a Riolu in D/P (Riolu is Lucario's pre-evolution). He might not be uber-top material, but he's no slouch at fighting in the games, either. All in all, a well rounded poke that I like.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Actually thinking about it Lucario's stats would seem abit like fox. Fast, decent power, and a fast faller. I don't know what his weakness would be though, could he be light, bad defense, bad jumper?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Actually thinking about it Lucario's stats would seem abit like fox. Fast, decent power, and a fast faller. I don't know what his weakness would be though, could he be light, bad defense, bad jumper?
If we want to go a bit by the games, bad defense would be the way to go. Really, Lucario's defense is bad. Really bad. As in, not taking more than 2 blows before dying bad.

But from the movie, I didn't really get the impression of him as any type of fastfaller. He actually seems to jump rather high and fall slowly and precisely. He was not too fast either, but that might have to do with the fact that the pokemon animation team doesn't seem to have gotten any better with speedy frames than they were when I still watched the series ¬¬. Seriously, fast attacks should not go so slowly I, a rather slow kind of person, could dodge them without any effort, to say nothing of pokemons with such an speed as weaviles or lucarios.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I liked him before the movie. I dunno, he felt nice, and I was eager for the moment I'd get a Riolu in D/P (Riolu is Lucario's pre-evolution). He might not be uber-top material, but he's no slouch at fighting in the games, either. All in all, a well rounded poke that I like.
I always liked either the gross poison ones or the fat ones. Y'know, like Weezing and Slaking. They're awesome. Then again, I also have a soft spot for the weird paradox lookalikes like old Gardivoir or Hypno. I'unno, I guess I'm a freak. I need to pick up D/P again soon... Been a few months, still haven't completed it...

I guess I'll see the movie then, not like the first thing on my to do list but I want to see this "Lucario" in action. Character predictions, serious business. :chuckle:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I always liked either the gross poison ones or the fat ones. Y'know, like Weezing and Slaking. They're awesome. Then again, I also have a soft spot for the weird paradox lookalikes like old Gardivoir or Hypno. I'unno, I guess I'm a freak. I need to pick up D/P again soon... Been a few months, still haven't completed it...

I guess I'll see the movie then, not like the first thing on my to do list but I want to see this "Lucario" in action. Character predictions, serious business. :chuckle:
I'm very much with you on gardevoir or slakoth, but it honestly beats me how anyone could like hypno. The nose...

I myself am partial towards agile or gracious-looking pokes, such as Weavile (one of which I'll make sure to train as soon as I can find a freaking Sharp Claw) or the aforementioned Gardevoir.

Also, talking of fatties, I gotta get myself an Snorlax somehow. Anyone know how in the infinite layers of the Abyss do you get a Munchlax?

Man, posting from the Wii is tiring :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

I'm very much with you on gardevoir or slakoth, but it honestly beats me how anyone could like hypno. The nose...

I myself am partial towards agile or gracious-looking pokes, such as Weavile (one of which I'll make sure to train as soon as I can find a freaking Sharp Claw) or the aforementioned Gardevoir.

Also, talking of fatties, I gotta get myself an Snorlax somehow. Anyone know how in the infinite layers of the Abyss do you get a Munchlax?

Man, posting from the Wii is tiring :ohwell:
I have the same problem with Weavile... No idea how to evolve. And with Munchlax too. Best visit Serebii.net or something. I looked there once ages ago.

I got all the names wrong too. Darn...

Man, you're posting from your Wii? You're a hero... :psycho:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem with Weavile... No idea how to evolve. And with Munchlax too. Best visit Serebii.net or something. I looked there once ages ago.

I got all the names wrong too. Darn...

Man, you're posting from your Wii? You're a hero... :psycho:
I know how to evolve Weavile... but I don't know where the hell to get the item needed for it (sharp claw). That's the problem.

And the munchlax thing... it's supposed to appear in the honey trees, as far as I know, but up to now I only get sucky combees and cherubis. And then you have to evolve him by happiness... gah. Hate that. Happiness is just so slow to get unless you put every resource to it ¬¬.

D

Deleted member

I know how to evolve Weavile... but I don't know where the hell to get the item needed for it (sharp claw). That's the problem.

And the munchlax thing... it's supposed to appear in the honey trees, as far as I know, but up to now I only get sucky combees and cherubis. And then you have to evolve him by happiness... gah. Hate that. Happiness is just so slow to get unless you put every resource to it ¬¬.
I know how to evolve him too. :mad:

I just can't be bothered. Like I said, I've been neglecting mah Pokemans.

Don't evolve Munchlax either. Train him to a high level and trade for a level 100 Arceus over the GTS. It happens everyday. :psycho:

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I won't have Pokémon Diamond until slightly over 2 months from now, but where do you find the Protector item? It's required to evolve Rhydon into Ryperior.

D

Deleted member

Why do you want to know if you don't have the game yet? Sorry, I don't know where that item is... Hopefully someone will look at this who does because I bumped this.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
So I can head straight for where the item is.

I wish I had Diamond, but right now, I don't even have a DS...lost it on May 1st, and it hasn't been found since, I'm still just saving up for a DS Lite, and am asking for Pkmn Diamond for my birthday.

And I know I could ask the question when I have it, or at least am about to get it, but curiousity got the better of me and had me typing the question asking where the item is found. :p

D

Deleted member

You lost your DS? Bummer. And 'looks like you'll be waiting a while before you get Rhyperior anyway. :psycho:

Did it get stolen?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I know that there's already a very good moveset on page one(In fact, I'm using that format)...but I REALLY want Rukario in smash...so I decided to make my own moveset too. Although...the first moveset will most likely prove better. For the purpose of this moveset, Rukario will be referred to as a boy.

Rukario
Jumping: *****(Rukario can jump QUITE well)
Weight: *** 1/2(Rukario would be slightly heavier then Mario)
Speed: ****(Rukario always struck me as fast)
Traction: **** (So I guess bad wavedasher)

B: Aura Sphere: Quickly gathers Aura around into the palm of his hands, then launches it foward. It has the knockback and damage of a medium-charged Shadow Ball and can be aimed. It explodes in a burst of aura upon hitting the ground or a wall, which will damage people caught in the small blast.

^: Sky Auracut: Charges upwards with an aura-charged fist uppercut. This goes ever-so-slightly slower then Marth's Dolphin Slash but goes a little farther, along with doing more damage with a wee bit more knockback.

>B: Bullet Punch: Quickly charges foward(Think like Fox's Fox Illusion, without the illusion part) with an outstretched fist, when this hits a foe it sends them upwards. However, when the uppercut is over 2 small piece of metal(not bullets) also go fowards following the tredectory of the uppercut. Metal Pieces do 2% Damage with no knockback and do not stop the person from flying. Can be jump-cancelled after 6 Frames.

vB: Close Combat: Punches Foward then backwards, each simply hitting the foe from them with no damage. For the next while or so after using this move, Rukario's moves do 5% more damage per hit with slightly more knockback. However, Rukario also takes 5% more Damage per hit with the same knockback increase from foes.

Nair: Air Combat: A quick punch follow by a kick(Think like Falcon's Nairs speed), The first hit has no knockback with the second hit having the knockback of about Y.Link's Nair(Slightly smaller).
Uair: Shadow Claw: Claws upwards while hand is covered in a dark aura. Medium knockback and damage.
Fair: Return: Hits the foe with a strong headbash(Think like hitting the foe with your head in their head, I don't know how to describe it...). Sends the foe foward with medium knockback and damage.
Bair: Focus Blast: Hits backwards with a condensed energy blast. Sweetspot is right at the hand. High knockback and damage at the sweetspot, but only medium knockback and low damage otherwise.
Dair: Sweeping Underkick: A swift kick under himself that spikes the foe. Think the knockback of Falco's, but with more start-up time.

Usmash: Flash Cannon: Quickly fires a silvery blast upwards, hitting foes with little upwards knockback but good damage. When the blast stops going upwards(Think just a little more then Roy's Up Smash), it explodes in a small flash that stuns with knockback but no damage. Rukario cannot hit the foe until the blast stops and starts to explode(hitting will cause no knockback or damage during this time to any foe hit). Rukario can cause the knockback-inducing explosion at any time during the blast by smashing up again.
Fsmash: Brick Break: A foward punch, this does decent knockback and damage for a foward smash. It also has the interesting ability of getting 33% of damage and all of it's knockback through a shield.
Dsmash: Earthquake: Hits the ground with his fist, sending shockwaves to the left and right of him. Getting hit with the fist does little damage and no knockback, while the shockwaves do high knockback but little damage.

Dash attack: Bump and Push: Hits foward like C.Falcon's dash attack, but when it connects he swings his arm foward in a powerful swipe. The dashing does minor damage and just enough knockback to send them in range of the arm swipe, which does medium knockback and damage.

A: Backhand: A quick backhand
ftilt: Gut Punch: A quick punch to the gut, mild knockback/damage.
utilt: Force Palm: Quickly extends arm upwards, hand a palm. This move does no knockback, but has decent damage and the added effect of stunning a foe for longer then the lag of this move most of the time(about 66%, methinks, the rest of the time the stun is slightly less then the lag).
dtilt: Hidden Power: Puts palms together in a prayer-like look, small white spheres appear all around him(think the range of Yoshi's Down-B stars). The spheres mainly do knockback, with little damage. If anyone touches Rukario during this time, he quick reacts and stops the prayer-like palm to a quick punch in the direction of said foe. However, the spheres dissapate if this happens(or when the move is over).

Grab a: Grab: Grabs the foe.
Grab attack: Bone Rush: Hits the foe with a bone. 3% Damage.
Upthrow: Vacuum Wave: Quickly throws the foe up, sending a wave upwards. The throw does very minor damage with little knockback, while the shockwave does medium damage and Marth Up-throw-esque damage and knockback.
Downthrow: Low Kick: Throws the foe down, then stomps on them hard. The stomp sends foes foward and up with good damage and low knockback(Like Marth's Foward Throw in knockback).
Fthrow: Fling: Quickly flings the foe foward, higher knockback then Fox's Fthrow but less damage.
Backthrow: Rock Smash: Quickly turns around and jabs the foe in that direction with a rock-shattering punch. Turns Rukario backwards. Medium-high knockback with low damage.

Super Smash: Hyper Beam: Sends forth a giant beam of destructive energy foward. Very high damage and knockback.

Taunt: "Hado-awari-ne-addy!" (Japaneese for "the wave is in me", which is his catchphrase from the movie.)(Credit to Page 1, post 1 moveset)
English Taunt: "The wave is in me."(I prefer it to stay Japanese like Marth/Roy's, though)

Wining pose 1: Stands right in front of the camera, closes his eyes and creates a small blue aura around him.(Credit to maker of moveset on Page 1, post 1)
Wining pose 2: Holds out both his hands to the side of him, outstretched, then creates two blue aura sphere's in his hand.
Wining pose 3: Uses hidden power, the spheres staying there the whole duration of the winning pose.

Tempest.01

Smash Rookie
I'm going to make a Lucario moveset out of boredom... In a little while, I'll edit it in.

In the mean time, I NEED to say that Lucario has to be in the game. Movie, one of the few non-ubers to learn aura sphere (I'm only familiar with english names, sorry), and is a fighting type with a long range attack, is kinda a pain to get in the game (he can easily be skipped), and is a unique type.

hurrah!

D

Deleted member

It's a Lucario moveset, he's just referred to Lucario by his Japanese name 'Rukario'.
My mistake then. I confused "Rukario" with the legendary dog Pokemon with a similar English name. With so many Pokemon it's easy to confuse some. :dizzy:

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone brought up the fact that Lucario's Japanese title literally is hado (wave) master? Hado being...well, energy, wave energy, what have you. But long and short that this makes him a hadoken master as well?

I mean, I know it's already very well established that he throws energy balls. But he's pretty much literally the freaking HADOKEN POKEMON. Sorry, can't get over how awesome that concept is.

Anyway...of course I'd prefer to see Lucario as an original, but...how do you guys think he'd work as a Fox clone? Change his B to hadoken charge/fire, down-b to one of his counters or something... *Hides from the oncoming thrown objects.*

D

Deleted member

Nah. Lucario would likely be the only new Pokemon possible besides... Meowth, so an original moveset isn't too much to ask. Hadoken Pokemon...

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
You lost your DS? Bummer. And 'looks like you'll be waiting a while before you get Rhyperior anyway. :psycho:

Did it get stolen?
Not sure. Last time I had it was when I was playing it in the car from after we visited a relative nearly 2 hours away from where we live.

I am positive that I'd brought it into the house when we got back, but after that, I hadn't went to play it for a few days, but when I wanted to use it, I opened my NDS case, and it wasn't inside.

That led to me looking around the house everywhere for about half an hour straight, and never found it. There were other fairly decent lengths of time I'd spent looking for it, but it still never turned up.

It certainly doesn't appear to be in the house, so I suppose I must have somehow left it in the car while thinking it was in the house.

If that's the case, it was indeed stolen, but I'd like to think it's just misplaced, but after the searching I've done for it, it's seems to not be the case.

D

Deleted member

Sad to hear... You never know, it could still turn up. I hope so. I'm going on holiday to France 'til Sunday tomorrow and taking my DS and PSP. Losing either would be horrific.

Tempest.01

Smash Rookie
Anyway...of course I'd prefer to see Lucario as an original, but...how do you guys think he'd work as a Fox clone? Change his B to hadoken charge/fire, down-b to one of his counters or something... *Hides from the oncoming thrown objects.*
I could see that... he does LEARN counter... and his Aura Sphere could be a little more rapid fire for cool effect... but I still think he'd be better as an original.

NOW for that moveset I was gonna post.

Lucario moveset in SSBB

Stats /5:
Jumping: *****
Weight: ***
Speed: ****1/2
Traction: ****1/2

Specials:
B – Aura Sphere: Press B to begin charging a ball of energy in between both of Lucario’s hands. Cannot be saved, and can be guided as well as Zelda’s >B. Very quick and can hurt like a Flare Blade.

>B – Close Combat: Lucario unleashes a small combo that always draws in opponents in front of him. Does a lot of damage, low knock back in the finishing hit, and it doesn’t leave himself very open. After the attack, for 15 seconds, he takes an aditional 1/3 damage from every attack, and is sent considerably farther.

^B – Sky Uppercut: Lucario charges his hands with energy and punches up. Same start up as marth, and goes higher, but sleightly slower than Roy’s.

vB – Feint: Lucario does an akward sidestep that only works on the ground. If the opponent is within the very short range, one of four things will happen:
Shielding: Lucario will instatly break the shield
Grabbing: Lucario will grab them and make them stumble. Lucario will still be facing forward afterwards, and the opponent won’t be able to get out.
Attacking: Lucario side steps and counters with a light kick.
Not one of the above: Lucario is pitifully open to anything for a full second while afterwards.

Aerials:
Nair – Sex Kick
Fair – Triple Kick: Similar to Kirby’s Fair, but is as fast as Falcon’s.
Bair – Backhand: Swips backward, hitting anything with the spike of his hand.
Dair – Wide Kick: Does a spiking kick similar to Marth’s spike. It has a sweet spot near toes.
Uair – Jump Kick: Kicks up vertically, similar to Fox.

Basic Attacks:
A – Punch: I’m not explaining…
A, A – Punch, Force Palm: a punch, then an open-palm attack.
F tilt – Reverse Kick: quickly spins around for a kick. Same range as Fox/Falco.
D tilt – Low Kick: I’m not explaining…
U tilt – High Kick: kicks up, similar to Fox in SSB 64.

F smash – Pulse Bomb: Makes a small aura sphere and detonates it in front of him. He puts forward one hand to do it.
U smash – Top Aura: Brings and aura sphere to one hand and swings it above his head.
D smash – Dual Spheres: shoots two spheres on both sides of him at the same time toward the ground.

Grabs:

A – Palm Strike: ***** slapped anyone?
F throw – Toss: toss opponent forward, high angle.
D throw – Dark Pulse: pushes opp. into the ground and hits them with the Dark Pulse move.
B throw – Ground Smack: exactly like marth’s B throw.
U throw – Drill Punch: Put opp. above himself and slams both spikes on his fists into the opp.

Super Smash – Extreme Speed: Dashes in a straight line, and any opponents he hits are then hit by about 10 more hits. Does QUITE a lot of damage, but moderate knock back.

The following is ALL by Frozen Roy:

Taunt: "Hado-awari-ne-addy!" (Japaneese for "the wave is in me", which is his catchphrase from the movie.)(Credit to Page 1, post 1 moveset)
English Taunt: "The wave is in me."(I prefer it to stay Japanese like Marth/Roy's, though)

Wining pose 1: Stands right in front of the camera, closes his eyes and creates a small blue aura around him.(Credit to maker of moveset on Page 1, post 1)
Wining pose 2: Holds out both his hands to the side of him, outstretched, then creates two blue aura sphere's in his hand.
Wining pose 3: Uses hidden power, the spheres staying there the whole duration of the winning pose.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
By percentage, how likely do you think it is that SSBB's release date will be announced at E3? It is only a week and a half, after all.

I'm thinking there is about a 90% chance of it, I just can't see it getting put off any longer and still come out this year which it has been reconfirmed.

I suppose they could possibly leave it until TGS, but I don't think the chance of that is very high, E3 is into the 2nd half of the year, that should be late enough.

And SSBB is high on E3's list of games that will be at it to some extent, so there will be some info on it at E3, but what, and will the release date be amongst the info? We shall soon find out!

And I don't think this is too off-topic, it's discussing what Brawl info there might be at E3, and how likely the release date being revealed is. It's about the game we're hoping for Lucario to be in, so it is related.

Tempest.01

Smash Rookie
I have this odd feeling that it'll be announced at TGS >_> You know how Nintendo is so secretive 'till the very end.

Anyway, that kirby hat is a very good reason >_> SO CUTE!

Top Bottom