• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
What are the most common/popular 4th generation pokemon in the running with Lucario to make it in?

The only other viable suggestion I have heard was Munchlax, and I'd cringe if he got in over Lucario.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
What are the most common/popular 4th generation pokemon in the running with Lucario to make it in?

The only other viable suggestion I have heard was Munchlax, and I'd cringe if he got in over Lucario.
I honestly can't see Muchlax. Snorlax would be awesome though.:grin:

Black/Light

Smash Master
No, but would Sakurai want to ignore the 4th generation completely? (IDK, why the hell are you asking me? Ask him. . .) I think the reason the updates didn't start until May was because they hadn't finished with the characters. (???Que??)
Besides, Lucario has been known for far longer than most 4th gen Pokemon. (So has Munch) I doubt Sakurai wouldn't be aware of it. (He is "aware" of a crap load of things that aint getting in. . .)
Yea. . .:ohwell:

"Tha major keystones to Lucario's moveset, at least the way I see it, are Feint and Endure."

Neither one screams unique nor do we know how they would work in Smash. . .

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Ok there are like 4 confirmed pokemon in brawl:Charizard,squirtle and bulbasaur(via pkmn trainer) and the adorable yet popular pikachu!,Lucario is most likely awsome but Mii is awsomer!

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I think its time I came back to this thread.

There are currently 4 Mario characters (The team with the mushroom symbol) And I really doubt the Pokemon team will surpass it. Right now we have 4 Pokemon characters that are (are likely) going to show up.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Trainer

These characters are supposed to represent their franchises in Brawl. And I don't think you can get any better characters then the ones on the list there. Those characters are all you need to represent the pokemon franchise. Lucario may be popular on these boards but he isn't a famous representative like Squirtle is.

Face it, Lucario isn't going to show up in Brawl. The fact that many Lucario fans still say Squirtle isn't playable... or the fact many pokemon fans are rooting for Munchlax should show that Lucario doesn't have much fo a chance anymore.

Lucario will not be playable.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
I think its time I came back to this thread.

There are currently 4 Mario characters (The team with the mushroom symbol) And I really doubt the Pokemon team will surpass it. Right now we have 4 Pokemon characters that are (are likely) going to show up.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Trainer

These characters are supposed to represent their franchises in Brawl. And I don't think you can get any better characters then the ones on the list there. Those characters are all you need to represent the pokemon franchise. Lucario may be popular on these boards but he isn't a famous representative like Squirtle is.

Face it, Lucario isn't going to show up in Brawl. The fact that many Lucario fans still say Squirtle isn't playable... or the fact many pokemon fans are rooting for Munchlax should show that Lucario doesn't have much fo a chance anymore.

Lucario will not be playable.
You forgot the part where Pokemon Trainer also hoists three playable Pokemon. If people still think Lucario will be playable, they have to be in serious fanboyish denial.

Kind of like every character suggestion.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
How are we fanboyish if we want the latest generation of Pokemon represented? It's common sense that it should be.

Black/Light

Smash Master
How are we fanboyish if we want the latest generation of Pokemon represented? It's common sense that it should be.
1, There are other 4th gen pokemon that can be playable.
2, There are allwas pokeballs...

You want LUCARIO if your a Lucario fanboy, don't auto title wanting the 4th gen to be repped as wanting him.

Theres always the above chooses.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
I don't care if it's Lucario, Magmortar, Toxicroak, or Electivire. I just want the 4th represented.

Besides, everyone is a fanboy in a sense that they want a certain character in the game. All of these threads about wanting a character is fanboyism, buy your logic anyway.

kaid

Smash Master
Blacklight, whenever you see someone post anything along the lines of "Lucario's the most likely 4th gen" you basically go "no, there are others." sometimes yu go so far as to list 5-6 others that have one or two things going for them.

Can you please give me a full pro/con list off all the "major" 4th gen pokemon?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well i could try even though i only know from other people

possible 4th gen pokemon reps

1. munchlax, first 4th gen revealed, often considered mascot of 4th gen, has massive japanese following, was in a movie, difficult to get in game
2. lucario, 2nd 4th gen revealed, large fanbase, had a movie, difficult to get in game, is a fighting type
3. mime jr., one of the first 4th gens revealed, importance in the anime, was in a movie, offers a unique moveset to the game of smash
4. weavel, i don't know much about him

kaid

Smash Master

1. munchlax, first 4th gen revealed, often considered mascot of 4th gen, has massive japanese following, was in a movie, difficult to get in game
2. lucario, 2nd 4th gen revealed, large fanbase, had a movie, difficult to get in game, is a fighting type
3. mime jr., one of the first 4th gens revealed, importance in the anime, was in a movie, offers a unique moveset to the game of smash
One thing I would like to point out in passing though, is that Lucario is the only "new" evo line on that list. Mime and Munch are babys of earlier pokemon, whereas Weavel is a space pira- I mean, an evolved from of an older poke.

Out of that list, I'd personally prefer Lucario, but Weavel could be ok.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion

1. munchlax, first 4th gen revealed, often considered mascot of 4th gen, had massive japanese following, was in a movie, difficult to get in game
Fixed. Munchlax is nowhere near as popular as he used to be. He doesn't show up at all now. His hype died out when Diamond/Pearl came out.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't care if it's Lucario, Magmortar, Toxicroak, or Electivire. I just want the 4th represented.

Besides, everyone is a fanboy in a sense that they want a certain character in the game. All of these threads about wanting a character is fanboyism, buy your logic anyway.
I said that if your a Lucario fanboy that you want Lucario. . . which you do. I never called ALL Lucario wanters "Lucario fanboys" now did I? Saying "why shouldn't there be a 4th gen rep" as to why Lucario should be in is like saying "why shouldn't there be a FE-GoD rep in brawl" for a reason as to why Ike (Im using him as a example because IDK any others from that game) should be in.

Lucario not getting in=/=OMG, no 4th gen repped:urg:.

Kaid- Blacklight, whenever you see someone post anything along the lines of "Lucario's the most likely 4th gen" you basically go "no, there are others." sometimes yu go so far as to list 5-6 others that have one or two things going for them.

Can you please give me a full pro/con list off all the "major" 4th gen pokemon
Can? :ohwell:

I could. . . .its not going to change anything but I could very well do that if you so wish:p.

Black/Light

Smash Master
smartass. :p Hey, can't help but to release the brain power.

yes, I wish.
Ok, lets list these mons.

Manaphy-
Pros- It's one of the true first in this game series. It's a one of pokemon that isn't really a legendary. It's the "prince of the Sea" in the pokemon world. It can mate BUT it's off-spring will only be Fione so it's basically the head of it's kind. The way you get it is by trading over from Pokemon ranger only after you go jump thout w/e hoops to find it.
With it's Sig move "heart swap" (that only he learns) it has the possiblely of being a truely unique character in smash. Theres no clear rules on this move by in the games it swaps stats with the enemy. MAYBE it could be used to swap controls of a character for a second like in the movie.

Cons- We have a water type now. . . but there are soo many unique things that could be done with water tpye attacks that I don't see the problem. (These are going to get ALOT shorter now. I got to get some tocos. . .)

Darkrai-
Pros- Another first for the pokemon world in this gen. It's the first ever dark typed legendary and that type alone has a ton of tricky ways to be used in brawl. It's the hero of the latest pokemon movie (You can go back and quote me as to saying that the movies should only be "important" if they are the first or latest in the series of the anime).
In short, it's the perfect counter to Mew2 (counters type and role people see it as).

Cons- Don't know any. . .

Munch-
Pros- First one known, popular, cute unique (you all know the rest)

Cons- Sorry, don't know any.

Mime. Jr-
Pros- One of the very fist known of it's gen, unique use of it's mimic powers

Rain check in order. Computer jacking up so Im bout to eat.

Ok, lets list these mons.Mime. Jr-
Pros- One of the very fist known of it's gen, unique use of it's mimic powers

Rain check in order. Computer jacking up so Im bout to eat.
oh come on you can do much better than that!

Pros:
- Can create a unique moveset without even having to resort to its miming abilities.
- Still currently in the anime as James' Pokemon
- Team rocket are the most popular characters of the pokemon anime and he's in it.
- Is actually usable in competitive play with several tricks up his sleeve
- He's uber cute!!!
- While psychic type he has almost no characteristics of that type so he would share no similarities with Mewtwo if he were to return.
- Was a pre-release pokemon
- Was featured in the same movie lucario was in.
- Is exclusive to the Pokemon Diamond games.
- Teeter Dance is pure win
- Would be the only viable way to represent Team Rocket AND the Fourth Generation of pokemon.

Cons:
- Too cute?

Fawriel

Smash Master
kaid's point that Lucario is actually from a new evolutionary line is underrated.

Munchlax is just a baby. Mime Jr. is just a baby. The weavel thing is just an evolved version.
You should get the Nobel Prize for originality, Game Freak or whoever makes these.

Lucario is actually something new, and he actually has something original about himself. The whole wave business.

The whole reason why so many people hate DP is that so many things are just being slapped on and copied and crap.

"We need a new generic rat type thing nobody cares about! Quick, come up with something that could almost pass as original!"

"******** look? Works for me. Taken!"

And just look at this thing and tell me in my face that the DP designers knew what they were doing.

I'm not one of those who say that the first gen was best and all of DP sucks.
But representing something like Munchlax or Mime Jr. to me means representing tacked on off-shots of previous Pokemon.

kaid's point that Lucario is actually from a new evolutionary line is underrated.

Munchlax is just a baby. Mime Jr. is just a baby. The weavel thing is just an evolved version.
You should get the Nobel Prize for originality, Game Freak or whoever makes these.
I'll give you the fact that Munchlax and Weavile look just like their evolved forms but... Mime Jr. is NOTHING like his Evolution! They are worlds apart! I don't see anything alike in them except that Mr. Mime's hair is the same color as Mime Jr's hat! Mime Jr. is much more creative than Lucario.

Lucario is actually something new, and he actually has something original about himself. The whole wave business.
Lucario is NOT original... He's just a dog mewtwo with shorts... They were probably thinking "quick, let's make something that looks like mewtwo and over credit it" thus lucario was born. Wow he has that whole wave thing... Also a big fat flying piece of blubber can learn his 'signature' move AND so can MEWTWO.

I'm not one of those who say that the first gen was best and all of DP sucks.
But representing something like Munchlax or Mime Jr. to me means representing tacked on off-shots of previous Pokemon.
If that's what you believe Diamond/Pearl is and that Mime Jr. and Munchlax are unoriginal then why don't you let them represent it!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'll give you the fact that Munchlax and Weavile look just like their evolved forms but... Mime Jr. is NOTHING like his Evolution! They are worlds apart! I don't see anything alike in them except that Mr. Mime's hair is the same color as Mime Jr's hat! Mime Jr. is much more creative than Lucario.
My point wasn't that they look the same ( although most of them do ). It just strikes me as laziness on the part of the designers to fill up roster space with redone versions of... wait, where do I know this from?
Yes, babies and added evolutionary lines are the "clones" of the Pokemon world. And so are things like Bidoof and the weak bird that evolves into a strong one and the weak bug that quickly evolves into something you can throw away a few hours later.

Note that I'm exaggerating a little. But there's just so many of them that it's plain boring.

So, err... Mime Jr.
Mr. Mime is a pantomime, Mime Jr. is a clown.
Granted, Lucario is modeled after Anubis. But who would associate Anubis with fighting and steel and the whole "wave" thing?
Sure, it's just "the wave thing", but it's something. Remember Cubone? It has a sort of backstory. Its mother dies as it's born and it wears her skull and stuff. That is AWESOME.
Too many Pokemon are just like "This is a thingy that looks like some other thing. It does things. Look at the stats and potential moveset!"
Lucario has sort of a background, which not many Pokemon can claim to possess.

By the way, I'm still really tired, so I apologize if my posts are unstructured and hard to understand. :ohwell:
If that's what you believe Diamond/Pearl is and that Mime Jr. and Munchlax are unoriginal then why don't you let them represent it!
... that was kind of immature.
Not to mention that I didn't say that that is what I believe D/P is.
No need to get all defensive and pick at everything I say. I don't mean you harm, I'm just arguing what I think is true. I guess I'm a little too sarcastic sometimes, but I can't help being like that when I see crap like Tangrowth or whatsitsface.

PS: I'm thinking of maybe coming up with a moveset for Lukey-boy soon. \o/

My point wasn't that they look the same ( although most of them do ). It just strikes me as laziness on the part of the designers to fill up roster space with redone versions of... wait, where do I know this from?
Yes, babies and added evolutionary lines are the "clones" of the Pokemon world. And so are things like Bidoof and the weak bird that evolves into a strong one and the weak bug that quickly evolves into something you can throw away a few hours later.

Note that I'm exaggerating a little. But there's just so many of them that it's plain boring.

So, err... Mime Jr.
Mr. Mime is a pantomime, Mime Jr. is a clown.
Granted, Lucario is modeled after Anubis. But who would associate Anubis with fighting and steel and the whole "wave" thing?
Sure, it's just "the wave thing", but it's something. Remember Cubone? It has a sort of backstory. Its mother dies as it's born and it wears her skull and stuff. That is AWESOME.
Too many Pokemon are just like "This is a thingy that looks like some other thing. It does things. Look at the stats and potential moveset!"
Lucario has sort of a background, which not many Pokemon can claim to possess.

By the way, I'm still really tired, so I apologize if my posts are unstructured and hard to understand. :ohwell:
Lol not to be 'picky' but pantomime is a type of stage preformance while Mr. Mime is a mime... XD
Anyway Lucario is not based off Anubis he's based off a jackal cause i doubt they'd make the Guardian of the dead or whatever into a fighting/steel type...

... that was kind of immature.
Not to mention that I didn't say that that is what I believe D/P is.
No need to get all defensive and pick at everything I say. I don't mean you harm, I'm just arguing what I think is true. I guess I'm a little too sarcastic sometimes, but I can't help being like that when I see crap like Tangrowth or whatsitsface.
Well your overall post was like "D/P is unorginal, all these pokemon were made in 3 minutes Gam Freak didn't know what they were doing" so umm yeah it seemed like you were saying that its just a bunch of unoriginal stuff... Well i'm sorry if my post came off as hostile or whatever but I was just trying to debate some of your points which i disagree on. Although some pokemon are very unoriginal... like poliwrath... It doesn't even change from its second form... it just gets angry eyes... and its a 1st gen pokemon so they didn't start being unoriginal at the 4th gen. Lucario's pokedex entry really doesn't amaze me or anything... "By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements." kinda weird but then again Luxray's pokedex entry says he has X-Ray vision... Lol if his trainer is the starting girl.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Lol not to be 'picky' but pantomime is a type of stage preformance while Mr. Mime is a mime... XD
Anyway Lucario is not based off Anubis he's based off a jackal cause i doubt they'd make the Guardian of the dead or whatever into a fighting/steel type...
Arrrr, I knew there was a problem there. I blame it on English not being my mother tongue. =<

Well... being based on a jackal instead just makes him more interesting in my eyes. Because Egyptian mythology in games is done to death.

In the end, it's all just a matter of taste. Well, almost all. Some things are fact. Like Hippopotas being a ridiculous abomination of a copy of a hippopotamus.
Well your overall post was like "D/P is unorginal, all these pokemon were made in 3 minutes Gam Freak didn't know what they were doing" so umm yeah it seemed like you were saying that its just a bunch of unoriginal stuff... Well i'm sorry if my post came off as hostile or whatever but I was just trying to debate some of your points which i disagree on. Although some pokemon are very unoriginal... like poliwrath... It doesn't even change from its second form... it just gets angry eyes... and its a 1st gen pokemon so they didn't start being unoriginal at the 4th gen. Lucario's pokedex entry really doesn't amaze me or anything... "By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements." kinda weird but then again Luxray's pokedex entry says he has X-Ray vision... Lol if his trainer is the starting girl.
Kekekeke... ...ahem.

Well, much of the fourth generation IS just unoriginal and weird. I just hate generalizing in general. There are a bunch of 4th gen Pokemon that I like, as they still show that first generation charm. Like those sea slugs that look different depending on the region you find them in. Or the chilly looking butterfly fish? Oh, or the alternative evolution of... err... that ice thing! ...Snorunt!
...I'm sorry, I never played the game, and it's been a while since I played R/S. =<

But... yeah. The first gen had some stuff that wasn't exactly the height of creativeness, either.
But many DP Pokemon are just... horrible. Like Hippopotas.
"Hey, how about a hippo!" "But we already have the Slowpoke line and-" "How about a less original hippo!" "Sold!"
I mean, come on!

But yeah, back on the topic of Lucario. It's a matter of taste whether you find the background info interesting. But Lukey can learn all sorts of "wave" type attacks, and in the movie, "waves" were likened to the concept of chi. ( Did I use that little word right? )
That gives Lucario an interesting function, I think, and it could be well implemented into Brawl.

PS: Also, Buneary. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Black/Light

Smash Master

Well, for starters, Munchlex is a baby Snorlex(sp) that shows how it was before it got fat and lazy (Munch eats all the time well Snor spleeps all the time). It's pretty much the "active" one of the 2.

Mime Jr is to show a different aspect of being a Mime in some why. What Mr. Mime does is the whole wall thing well Mime. Jr focuses on the mimic part.

But one thing I don't like with this gen is the amount of pre evols and new evols to pokemon from the past (AND WHERES THE FLIPPING FIRE TYPES!!!??) yet, seeing how there are soo many new pokemon that are either a evol/ pre evol or split gender evol in the 4th gen than wouldn't it's "rep" be along these lines?

One thing I was going to get into in my last post was the fact that gens are mostly seen by the kinds of pokemon that make a majority of the new appearances in the game. G/S= Baby rep.
Thats what that gen brang to the table and thats why Pichu got in (who wasn't popular for smash in Japan if you look at the polls).

R/S= 2 on 2 battles coming in for the first time along with alot of split types and so on. Thats why I think P&M could very well get in for that reason (also because of Pokemon rangers, their spin off game). But its also a gen that came with some spin offs and the one we know is in the works now is Pokemon MD so a important pokemon from thet game could get in IMO (Gard).

D/P= alot of pre evols/ evols/ split sex evols/ new kinds of legendary pokemon like Manaphy and Darkrai.

Personally I think Buneary/ Lopunny will get in (as to replace Jpuff) and she doesn't rep any of the new/ main things in DP (but she is Jpuff popular in Japan amoung her gen).

So who knows. . . . I don't think being a new line of pokemon is a plus when, much like with the 2nd gen, people are going to remember this as the gen of all those things I listed.

My guesses for pokemon now are only Lopunny/ Buneary, P&M or Gard. One for being the 4th gen's Jpuff, one for being the reps of 2-on-2 battles+having their own spin off and one for being the most popular 3rd gen pokemon in Japan+being imporatant to a spin off+being on Sakurai's poll.

But with Trainer Red being in IDK how he chose the pokemon for brawl when he was choosing. He seemed to pick the RB starters for Trainer Red because they are of his gens and he is the first trainer. He could be basing his choses on something completely different than popularity, anime, marketing or w/e reasons for w/e.

We just got to wait and see;).
(To end this long a** post heres the Pika Rap again. . .
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xJUs3tzJ2y8 - Pika spits that hot fire on this track!)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
B/L, if you can say we're all Lucario fanboys (and maybe a couple fangirls) then we can call you anti-Lucario. You NEVER acknowledge the slightest possibility of Lucario getting into Brawl, you brush aside Lucario's marketing status as if that's irrelevant, when it clearly isn't, and you say it doesn't look cool, when that's clearly subjective, and should make up no part of any argument against a character getting into Brawl. You seem to be a bit of an extremist on the subject.

Darkrai-
Pros- Another first for the pokemon world in this gen. It's the first ever dark typed legendary and that type alone has a ton of tricky ways to be used in brawl. It's the hero of the latest pokemon movie (You can go back and quote me as to saying that the movies should only be "important" if they are the first or latest in the series of the anime).
In short, it's the perfect counter to Mew2 (counters type and role people see it as).

Cons- Don't know any. . .
Cons: It wasn't officially acknowledged by Nintendo until early spring of these year, and then, only in Japan.
It's an event Pokemon.
It isn't really the "hero" of Movie 10 per se, more an anti-hero.

But one thing I don't like with this gen is the amount of pre evols and new evols to pokemon from the past (AND WHERES THE FLIPPING FIRE TYPES!!!??) yet, seeing how there are soo many new pokemon that are either a evol/ pre evol or split gender evol in the 4th gen than wouldn't it's "rep" be along these lines?
Fire types mostly suck anyway.
But Heatran pwns.
I liked most of the new evos, especially Electivire, PorygonZ, Probopass, Lickilicky, Gliscor, Honchkrow, and Ambipom.
And the 4th generation has the hippos, Croagunk and Toxicroak, the skunks, Drifloon and Drifblim, Heatran, Dialga and Palkia, Carnivine, penguin starter line, Torterra, EMOHAWK,
sea weasels, sea slugs, landsharks, and plasma ghost!
People who decry the fourth generation have no taste. I loved its assortment of wacky critters and oddities.
Anyway, whether or not the 4th generation is good is subjective. What is not subjective is that Diamond and Pearl are on track to become the best-selling video games of the year, at least until Galaxy and Brawl are released.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
The purpose of the new evos in the 4th gen is to improve on past pokemon. Let's take Sneasel, for example. Sneasel was a cool pokemon, but it was piss poor in battle. Now, Weavile is one of the most overused pokemon out right now. It's clear most of you hate 4th gen, some reasons are legitimate, while others are very shallow. However, It would be good it 4th gen appeared. Hell, I like Lucario, & want him in Smash. Don't flame someone just because they wan't Lucario (BlackLight & Megadio). Besides, you're buying the game regardless, & if Lucario is in, there will be more than 40 other characters to choose from. Btw, not to say Lucario is based on Anubis, but Anubis is a Jackal (even though I always thought Luc was a coyote).

Link31

Smash Rookie
If Lucario isn't in Brawl, I am going to scream like Rob Halford. He is more than deserving of a spot in Brawl.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Lucario in Brawl too.

Also, some people don't like Generation 4 because they aren't 10 anymore. I don't see what wrong with any of them if you ask me.
I don't undersand that either. Alot of people don't want 4th gen to be represented, simply because they don't like 4th gen (I'm talking to you Grim). Okay, plenty of other people like it, but you all still shoot down their opinions because of your personal preference. The 4th gen are still pokemon just like any other, & derserve some respect.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Honestly I hate to make comparison's like this, but if anyone has seen Naruto;specifically Neji. I can see Lucario having a fighting style similar to him. Perhaps you could find some vids on youtube of Neji vs Hinata, or Neji vs Naruto to get a better idea.

I was thinking when Lucario uses certain attacks(such as a smash attack) a blue aura envelops his leg, fist, etc and actually extends the range of his attack.

Lucario is unique because he learns all the "Pulse" type moves when he levels up in D/P. some of his B moves could be:

B: Lucario's move of Aura Sphere, can either be charged or send out in rapid secession.

vB: Lucario's move of Dark Pulse, Lucario kneels down and Dark orbs of energy surround him. Perhaps it could be charged slightly and the orbs could be released, though they wouldn't have a far trajectory.

B>: Lucario's move of Dragon Pulse, Lucario opens his mouth and releases a blue like flame, it is slightly like Bowsers except for the fact that it doesn't hug the ground.

Final Smash: Lucario runs into the center of the stage and closes his eyes, a sphere of blue light radiates from him and who ever it touches their aura is revealed. Lucario then summons 15-20 Aura Sphere that surround the stage; whoever was touched by Lucario's Aura, the Spheres will home in on them, perhaps 20-25% damage with slight knock back.

Making movesets is by far one of the hardest things to do. I'm not a creative person but with a moveset like this I think Lucario can be set apart from other fighters. Any comments or suggestions would be nice.
I posted this in sandman's pro squirtle thread, I just thought that it would be good to post it hear as well. Tell me what you think.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
On ANY good forum, you'd be banned for that, sandman. The purpose of this thread is to discuss Lucario. You made a thread to diss it, go post there. This is for the fans, not the assailants. :mad:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Honestly, _the_sandman_, I hope he makes it in, just for you.

I'm sick of you going around and acting like you know it all. Keep your stupid unfunny pictures in your Anti Lucario topic.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Or if you think not, give clear, concise reasons WHY not.
You still haven't answered my question in my thread yet. So I figured I should ask it here too.

My question is...

Give me one good reason why Lucario is NECESSARY to the Pokemon franchise. If you can answer that, then I will not make fun of him anymore.

Oh, and it can't involve a side quest or the movie.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You still haven't answered my question in my thread yet. So I figured I should ask it here too.

My question is...

Give me one good reason why Lucario is NECESSARY to the Pokemon franchise. If you can answer that, then I will not make fun of him anymore.

Oh, and it can't involve a side quest or the movie.
Yeah, you can't include the movie because.. The movie itself was all about him, why should he get a slot in the game if the whole movie was about him?

(Proves self wrong with Mewtwo) I guess thats a different story but meh.

Hes pretty cool anyway though.

-Onyx

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Why is Pokemon trainer nessisary to the franchise? We did two smash games without him, after all...
Well.... wasn't the trainer the player you actually controlled in the game? Without the player you wouldn't have a game.

Not a good enough answer, try again. And try to answer it without another question.

Yeah, you can't include the movie because.. The movie itself was all about him, why should he get a slot in the game if the whole movie was about him?

(Proves self wrong with Mewtwo) I guess thats a different story but meh.

Hes pretty cool anyway though.

-Onyx
At least Mewtwo was the original, "Last and most powerful legendary Pokemon to catch in the game". Isn't Lucario in the middle of the list? He isn't even legendary like Mewtwo is.

Top Bottom