• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
A nair combo is more like Nair being at the end of said chain.

like Fair>Fair>nair.

Its the period on the chain. (<<that period is a nair)
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
It can, but again, only as a finisher.
Nair knocks them away from you to much to follow with anything else. And its not always the best of choices, but its a great aerial for making some room.
Its a fan, its blows them away.
-t2

soro

Smash Journeyman
i can picture the nair combo. it hard to do wif the person is smart

Milln

Smash Champion
You can Nair someone that's low on percentage close to the ground and then combo from there. They just can't get knocked too far back.

soro

Smash Journeyman
You can Nair someone that's low on percentage close to the ground and then combo from there. They just can't get knocked too far back.
i've done that without knowing. though i can never actualy do it willingly

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i'm so close to closing this - i really don't want to but at the same time all this thread is doing is increasing post count and decreasing intelligence.
Lol, don't you know that the most important and intelligent things of life don't make sense?
jk

edit: Yes, Milln is correct. I've also found that due to the push of Lucario's standard A against a shield, and if he's on the edge of a platform, he'll drop off the edge of the platform into the air, and his Nair makes a nice "pseudo sex kick" once hit, and whoever tries to follow after shielding gets burned.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Double post:

Can someone check on RAR'd fair? (it's like bair, only with fair) I've found it to be a useful mind game to AD after an aerial, do the reverse fair, but I haven't seen if bair goes into it effectively after.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Gimpy.

I can give you several reasons why to not close this thread.
For one, this is the birthplace of majority of the epic things that we all remember. It would be like killing off more then half of the memories.
And its those memories that make people come back. Mostly the ones that actually do stuff, compared to the rest that do absolutely nothing.

Secondly, so many people would get angry. The Lucario boards would go into chaos. people would stop coming or just do anything. Then your hands would really be full. Can you say, Entire Character Thread Close?

It's just a bad idea. You might not like it, But in all seriousness, this thread needs to stay.
-t2
neither of these reasons actually have any bearing on whether or not this thread should remain open.

if this thread doesn't magically turn into not-constant-spam by tomorrow i'm probably going to close it

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
neither of these reasons actually have any bearing on whether or not this thread should remain open.

if this thread doesn't magically turn into not-constant-spam by tomorrow i'm probably going to close it
Lucario question: What exactly is an Nair combo? I have never comboed Nair into anything successfully, I would need to see it to understand.
Nair has WAY too much cool time to combo doesn't it? You can like. Fair>Nair close to the ground and follow up with Force Palms....
A nair combo is more like Nair being at the end of said chain.

like Fair>Fair>nair.

Its the period on the chain. (<<that period is a nair)
-t2
U missed a whole "non spam conversation", and this isn't the first in this thread, trust me, we've had a lot. WE LIKE SOMEPLACE TO CHILL without going into AiB, and not everyone does IRC. Plus, I see this thread as an icebreaker to noobs, since it's very dangerous for a noob to post his own thread (I've seen it happen to me when I first posted, and I think we all remember our noob days), so this helps them think that it's not all "data-munching", and that we have a personality. I understand that the C. Falcon and Bowser (trust me, I've seen the Bowser threads) forums are littered with really bad spam crap, and I honor that you have to deal with that, but this isn't the worst/most useless spam.
Chill, and have a nice day.:)

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman

So kind of you. Everyone knows post count doesn't matter -- people gauge by join date. Just turn off the stupid post counts if they're so bad supposedly.

10douchebaggeries

Samuelson

Smash Lord
The Lucario boards almost never flame people. The only time we do is if the person is being a complete douche bag and deserves it. Most of the time we are really helpful to "noobs" and do our best get them on track. I just wish all these so called "noobs" knew that they could post without fear of being called an idiot or something.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The Lucario boards almost never flame people. The only time we do is if the person is being a complete douche bag and deserves it. Most of the time we are really helpful to "noobs" and do our best get them on track. I just wish all these so called "noobs" knew that they could post without fear of being called an idiot or something.
True, but even when I was stalking these boards as a noob and saw all teh nice ppl like Milln, the thought of posting scared the crap outta' me for a bit. Not saying we're mean, as much as saying that it's scary unless there's that "who rly cares what u say" thread.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
True, but even when I was stalking these boards as a noob and saw all teh nice ppl like Milln, the thought of posting scared the crap outta' me for a bit. Not saying we're mean, as much as saying that it's scary unless there's that "who rly cares what u say" thread.
The only reason I actually eventually joined smashboards was due to the Lucario boards. They were semi-serious in that you could have a nice joke, go off-topic, and have fun while still getting things done. If it weren't for these kinds of topics I would never had joined and given no input on other more serious discussion matters.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I have a question that will hopefully lead to meaningful conversation even though all of you know it and I don't.... T_T

If I charge an AS at no damage and get pounded to 200. Will it hold the 0% power, size and speed or will it get better as I take damage.

Also. What are the effects of Aura Sphere on the Mach Tornado?

Browny

Smash Hater
AS gains priority the longer its charged + depending on lucarios % so while a baby AS may beat the tornado at say, 80% a half charge may not beat it at 0%.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
While we're at it, AuraSphere beats Drill Rush? I don't recall right now...
Sonic's fair beats drill rush. So.. EVERYTHING beats drill rush.

AS gains priority the longer its charged + depending on lucarios % so while a baby AS may beat the tornado at say, 80% a half charge may not beat it at 0%.
So there's a whole chart to memorize? ****it.

Also does Aura Sphere follow normal priority rules? Air = first hitbox to connect Ground = clank unless there is a 10% difference? Which does AS count as?

Also there was talk in the Sonic forum about Sonic's fair reflecting Lucario's Aura Sphere. It's never seemed to reflect anything else though. Any of you have that happen?

Azen. Didn't you used to be a mod? SAVE US!

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

lollz I never been one. I wouldn't qualify to be one anyway since I'm friendly and reasonable, and I'd be too lazy to monitor anything lollz.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm kinda tempted to use Lucario again because of you guys. ._.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Well, may as well get another page's worth to appease the mods.

So I ask this.

I know that Fair can detonate Snake's Nikita safely but does it safely remove any other moves? Like Mario's Fireball or Falco- Wait...everything out prioritizes Falcon Punch. :/

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
:chuckle:

Wasn't it discovered that Sonic's FAir once cancelled out a Lucario FCAS? At about 80% AURA

Cause if it's true, it's impressive.
I think Sonic's fair has CRAZY hitboxes at times.

Has anybody had surprising moves cancel Aura Sphere? Like in Melee with Sheik's needle canceling out full Samus blasts.

Also. Snake's Nikita gets beat by Sonic's nair. It's.... sad in the air. Pretty sure you can sneeze on it and get rid of it safely.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
how does jiggs' Fair do that.
How should I know? o_0

Its honestly just a weird move. Sweetspotted Fair does cancel out fully charged AS, though, as I'm sure Infi can tell you from one of our 1v1s a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom