• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
on my sig: I just saw the one in deviantart, and it looks to me that whoever posted it up wasn't the original drawer. why? because the dimensions in it are simply wrong. you can easily notice the pixels in the drawing, which shows that it was enlarged (a bad work on paint it would appear). you can't even expand the drawing, just looks odd.
sadly though I can't prove who really did the picture, so either way it's best we just dropped this. I don't want to start a fight over who is lying or whatever. either way for the sake of avoiding flames just consider that this guy drew it first and I stumbled upon it.

I don't care, this pic just too **** cute.

Drawing on DA

*edit @ tallen
oh and like a week ago, I said I liked your sig.
I think that means you get to display my name.
so many people have commented on the sig it's tough to keep track o.o never meant to offend or anything

back on topic (waita... what topic??) i've been dying to hatch a shiny Lucario on D&P, but I have a 1/1024 chance of getting one to be shiny. So far I hatched 72, which means that if I hatch another 952 I *might* just stand a chance to aquire one.
never say never! =3

tedward2000

Smash Champion
@tallen
Good luck with that. i tried to get a shiny Charzard, I gave up.
And Im getting back into D/P, just because of my friend david.
So I'll battle you over wifi sometime.

We/I do play with rules. Everything is allowed EXCEPT Legendarys.
PM me when you want to.
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Wish I had a DS.. or a working emulator >.<
Till the i'll just have to get the smashball in brawl to make Lucario look more awesome then he already does.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
on my sig: I just saw the one in deviantart, and it looks to me that whoever posted it up wasn't the original drawer. why? because the dimensions in it are simply wrong. you can easily notice the pixels in the drawing, which shows that it was enlarged (a bad work on paint it would appear). you can't even expand the drawing, just looks odd.
sadly though I can't prove who really did the picture, so either way it's best we just dropped this. I don't want to start a fight over who is lying or whatever. either way for the sake of avoiding flames just consider that this guy drew it first and I stumbled upon it.

I don't care, this pic just too **** cute.

Drawing on DA

so many people have commented on the sig it's tough to keep track o.o never meant to offend or anything

back on topic (waita... what topic??) i've been dying to hatch a shiny Lucario on D&P, but I have a 1/1024 chance of getting one to be shiny. So far I hatched 72, which means that if I hatch another 952 I *might* just stand a chance to aquire one.
never say never! =3
I admit, that sig really grows on you after a while

Try http://www.serebii.net/.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I take it the tournament didn't go well =S

Hey, if you could talk to the guy in charge of developing Lucario (for Brawl not the movie or pokemon games) what would you ask?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
It went ok, I had a holy moment though. gave 91% to another lucario in like 10 seconds. My friend still can't believe what happened. He calls it the Demon Lucario.

Anywho, what would I ask...? Captain Halloween kinda took mine.
"20 bucks says lucario stays in SSB4."<-there
-t2

Timbers

check me out
I take it the tournament didn't go well =S

Hey, if you could talk to the guy in charge of developing Lucario (for Brawl not the movie or pokemon games) what would you ask?
"Could you have given him just a bit fricken more range on his grab"

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Wish I had a DS.. or a working emulator >.<
Till the i'll just have to get the smashball in brawl to make Lucario look more awesome then he already does.
buy a DS, buy Pokemon Platinum (when it comes out, it'll be worth it), Tetris DS (i'm never, EVER happy of my previous record) and The World Ends with You (best, RPG, ever.)
emulators suck, since they don't register the flow of time you won't even be able to grow berries (unless you keep your computer on for 32 hours to grow five berries), let alone catch time-specific pokemon.
trust me, even if all you ever buy is Pokemon Platinum you have a good 80+ hours of single-player game which will be TOTALLY worthwile.

@tedward2000
actually i'm not gonna try competitive battling until I get enough berries to properly EV train my pokemon, so currently I'm just going after all of the rare pokemon I can find.
though how did you get a charmander? crap I really wanted one...

oh and to the Lucario developer:
"Please, PLEASE show everyone that Lucario isn't just another pokemon, make him even more badass. Oh and give him a little more space in SSE".

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Nodrak: Ever tried Ideas or No$GBA? I've heard they're pretty good.

Just wondering, does anyone here play pokemon competitively? =]

That's the main reason I'm considering on maining Lucario now xD

EDIT:

Tallen: Try shoddybattle. Its a simulator which can save your time. I prefer it since I don't have time for IV breeding. But if you prefer wi-fi, then that's fine too =]

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Actually yeah, about 2 hours after posting that I downloaded No$GBA (the free version). It runs off your computers system time instead of the DS clock (making it even easier to catch time-specific pokemon since I can just change my system time). Apparently the emulator you pay for is fully functional with the game but with the free version I have issues. If I don't turn the sound off the game can crash due to some mic problem. If I do anytime a pokemon faints, gets caught or talks to me (talking to one while walking around, not in a battle) I have to turn the sound on then back off =S

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Play pokemon competitively?
between friends yes, but that's as far as I go.

Public Question-
who here was influenced by D/P to play Lucario in Brawl, or vice versa?

@tallen
Friends with Emerald. Thats how I got my Charmander.
And ok, heads up though, I EV train like mad.
=)
-t2

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I was actually using him for a while on my old D/P team until Deoxys-E came along and got unbanned, and was utterly amazed at how awesome he was on my WiFi teams. That's why I use him, at least.

I'd also say that so far I'm really loving this subforum. Everyone seems really nice and relaxed!

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Ya. The Lucario boards are awesome. No one flames here unlike some of the other character specific boards.

D/P sort of influenced me. Steel is my favourite type in the Pokemon games and I do use Lucario on my mono-steel team. Seeing him in brawl made me want to try him.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Public Question-
Other way around for me. Bordom + not being able to play brawl 24/7 made me want to play something else =P I figured pokemon was a good option, find Lucario in there if I could just for the hell of it =P

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I played Lucario just because Lucario was awesome. Then I played Snake for a while but that kind of got boring, so I switched back to Lucario again.

And I guess spending all of my time on smashboards in the Lucario board had something to do with it. Its so nice here. ^_^

Milln

Smash Champion
I knew of Lucario before I got Pearl, though when i received him in my game I was like "Dude, this guys the badass shiz." and very nearly took Scyther's spot of my favorite pokemon, but I just didn't make mine powerful enough and Scyther is too hawt for me. then I traded in Pearl and got Brawl and milled around looking for a main. I started with... hmm.. WAIT A MINUTE. I've told this story before. =O

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I knew of Lucario before I got Pearl, though when i received him in my game I was like "Dude, this guys the badass shiz." and very nearly took Scyther's spot of my favorite pokemon, but I just didn't make mine powerful enough and Scyther is too hawt for me. then I traded in Pearl and got Brawl and milled around looking for a main. I started with... hmm.. WAIT A MINUTE. I've told this story before. =O
My Raticate would crush your Scyther anyday. Bring it on Milly.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I didn't know about Lucario in Pearl. But IT was all about scizor.
But because of Brawl, I raised my Lucario in Pearl stronger.
It was youtube that made me main lucario.
-t2

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which: do people consider Staraptor, Aerodactyl, or Alakazam the best OHKO sweeper? I personally think Aerodactyl is, but I still use Staraptor since he's been with me since the start of P/D.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Speaking of which: do people consider Staraptor, Aerodactyl, or Alakazam the best OHKO sweeper? I personally think Aerodactyl is, but I still use Staraptor since he's been with me since the start of P/D.
I'm currently at the start of P/D and I have no idea what you're talking about =P

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I have yet to face a OHKO Aerodactyl or a Staraptor.
But my friend has a OHKO Alakazam, and Im happy to know that my Tyranitar can take a hit and OHKO it. And their 7 lvls apart (100 vs 93).
-t2

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i second luc behind sonic

i played luc simply to piss off my friend who hated him, and than i realised that he was really good and i wa really good with him. and than i caught the last 2/3s of his movie and that was actually pretty good, considering i still believe digimon (first season mostly) to be way better than pokemon so from than on i decided i would feel the power of aura. after catching the blue wind of course

tedward2000

Smash Champion
New sig mates!
many thanks to A_man13

@milin
calm down before you break something. I want to battle you.
its'a DUEL!!
-t2

Timbers

check me out
Public Question-
Uh, playing Luc made me kinda wanna watch his movie. Still want to, but youtube streaming is pretty lame and I'm too lazy to go look for a DDL or torrent on it.

But prior to Brawl I had no real knowledge about him. I dropped out of the pokemon scene around the second gen release. The games are still equally awesome, though...wish I had a DS to actually play D/P >.>

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Uh, playing Luc made me kinda wanna watch his movie. Still want to, but youtube streaming is pretty lame and I'm too lazy to go look for a DDL or torrent on it.

But prior to Brawl I had no real knowledge about him. I dropped out of the pokemon scene around the second gen release. The games are still equally awesome, though...wish I had a DS to actually play D/P >.>
i too wish i had a DS so i could see lucarios awesomeness in another game

tedward2000

Smash Champion
DS'es are really cheap now days.
I don't know the exact price... but cheap none the less.
Platinum is s'posed to come out in the future. When? I have no idea.
save your money, and buy both. Then I'll battle you.
-t2

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
Teward: Nice new sig. Looks awesome. And I agree with everything you've said; from the screenshots, it looks like they're really using the 3-D mechanics in Platinum. I mean, there's one place where you walk on walls!

Nurotasama: In-game, Staraptor, but competitively, either Staraptor or Alakazam IMO. Staraptor can U-Turn scout but Alakazam can be choiced and have trick to screw over a pokemon =]

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Timbers/Samuelson

If you want I can hook you up with an emulator =D It has some issues with it though >.<

DS'es are really cheap now days.
I don't know the exact price... but cheap none the less.
$100-150 is the price of DS's in any store around here and there are no 'used' DS's, no one's selling =S

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
to those who want to know about Louie in D&P...
he can be an INSANE physical sweeper (huge attack, meant to knock out as many opponents as possible while he's still in the stage) with a good amount of defense options (being half steel type, which has lots of resistances and immunity to poison type). He also has a good special attack which may make him deadly with aura sphere (he can freaking KO a blissey, biggest tank in the game mind, with two aura spheres O.O), let alone able to learn Dragon Pulse, Thunder and Psychic (!).
this is my Lucario of choice, but I've still gotta EV train him (that if I don't find a shiny one first).

Either way, the question that never shuts itself up: does Lucario wear pants or not?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well Lucario does have massivly awkward hips.
So they could be baggy fur pants, or a weird Pelvis bone.
My guess, its his hips. No pants.
-t2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom