• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, P/D is really great. I'd get it if your bored.

Tallen, which Deviantart artist did you get that comic from?
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sorry about the double post. =(

Yeah but I don't quite have a job right now and handheld games don't really appeal to me, it would be a DS just to play diamond or pearl or whatever it is and that's it. Rather expensive for one game.
Um...I bought a psp just for monster hunter freedom.
But i have Monster hunter freedom 2 now, so im happy.
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
LOL wow

10photoshops

Edit:

I have a question guys, preferably anyone who knows anything about electronics or possibly basic physics. I know my share of motion sensor equipment, I know that the sensor bar is just 10 infared LED's (grouped into 5's on either side). You don't need 10 for the wii-mote to work, just 2 points is enough (10 is for increased range). So what I'm wondering... I currently have two red LED's in my controller (clear backed controller). I'm wondering if I put two infared LED's in there instead, would it work? Or would the plastic dissipate the light too much?

I figure if I aim the LED's properly, the wiimote would have enough to pick up the 2 points but I'm not sure. I can't test it right now, I'm still working out what kind of resistors I'll need =S

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
LOL wow

10photoshops

Edit:

I have a question guys, preferably anyone who knows anything about electronics or possibly basic physics. I know my share of motion sensor equipment, I know that the sensor bar is just 10 infared LED's (grouped into 5's on either side). You don't need 10 for the wii-mote to work, just 2 points is enough (10 is for increased range). So what I'm wondering... I currently have two red LED's in my controller (clear backed controller). I'm wondering if I put two infared LED's in there instead, would it work? Or would the plastic dissipate the light too much?

I figure if I aim the LED's properly, the wiimote would have enough to pick up the 2 points but I'm not sure. I can't test it right now, I'm still working out what kind of resistors I'll need =S
...WHY?

Oh, and it'd void the warranty. I wouldn't try it even if it worked.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Cause it's COOL! and it means I don't need my sensor bar! When people need to bring wii's to a tournament or to a group of friends or something, it's one less thing to worry about. It also gets my soldering skills up there (the circutboard is **** small). Yes I know it voids the warranty, but the gamecube controller isn't a year old, the warranty on that has been gone for a while.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
It is cool! You could wow so many people by starting up Brawl without a wiimote. Thats not even to mention its tourney potential. No more Wiimotes messing up 2v2s when people forget to take out their batteries.

If you find a way to get your GC controller to turn on a Wiimote, PLEASE tell us how you ended up doing it. Its so annoying having to fish around for my Wiimote just to play brawl. I don't mind about the warranty, I've somehow got 5 controllers anyway.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Oh no, the wiimote is still needed to play brawl just not the sensor bar (I hate wrapping up that 20ft cord). It would be easier to petiti-....

So how many of you guys would want to start a petition to get GC controllers working on the wii-menu?

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
You don't need the sensor bar at all...I took my Wii somewhere before and forgot the sensor bar. Anything that gives of infrared light will let the Wiimote pick it up. The bar only generates the light, it brings no information to the Wii (the plug is just for power). The Wiimote is the one with the camera in it. You can use two candles or basically anything that gives off infrared light. I used two windows. Pointed the wiimote at them and then watched the TV and selected brawl.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
The problem is, I want something that's more portable and easier to set up then a sensor bar. Candles would be messy, take up more space, and more dangerous then a GC controller or a sensor bar =P

Nodrak

Smash Ace
So basically I have to lug 2 flashlights around instead of a sensor bar? The point is that I want to integrate the sensor bar into my gamecube controller =S

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm sure that would work. I'm saying that basically anything that produces light/heat would work. You could probably bring nothing and find something that would make it work. You say that you have LEDs in your controller, those might even work. It takes very little for the Wiimote to pick it up.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
The wiimote looks for 2 distinct sources, I'm just wondering if the infared would be skattered by the plastic too much for it to recognize 2 sources.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
It's possible...the two signals might get merged into a big blurry one with the thick plastic. I would just test it once you get the chance.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Godda see what kind of resistors i'll need first, meaning more money spent once i know what resistors I'll need. I'm more then willing to do it, just seeing if someone knows more about this or has tried it before, before I spend more money.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
dude, make life simple, tie up most of the sensor cord with a twisty-tie. Thats what i did. Saved me a bunch of money on my car insurance.
-t2

*edit
Ok random Idea.
If Lucario was to come to your house for dinner, What would you serve him?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I'd rather not bring the sensor bar at all! That's my point >.< so breakable.. not just the cord =S

I'd probably serve him hotdogs... it's all I have left =(

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Easy solution. Buy a classic controller...you can control the main menu w/o even needing any sensory information.

They're also only like 20 bucks.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Why spend $20 on something I'd never use? I'd just use it to turn the wii on (like the wiimote), I'd never play with it. Besides my infared idea is cheaper =P (yay business student)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
and it might break the controller. Then costing you even more money.
play it save, or make it and prove us wrong.
-t2

What would MacGyver do?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
It wont break the controller, I know what I'm doing in that regard. but if it works it'll be awesome! btw what would you feed Lucario Ted? A smartbomb? =P

Edit: Also I guess chocolate of some kind for Kasai's dessert

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
It wont break the controller, I know what I'm doing in that regard. but if it works it'll be awesome! btw what would you feed Lucario Ted? A smartbomb? =P

Edit: Also I guess chocolate of some kind for Kasai's dessert
Yep...

As for dinner, I would probably give him something simple, cause he seems like the kind of guy who would appreciate the effort >.>

or souls...for he devourers them whenever some unlucky person finds the courage to face him.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well if it works, send the design to nintendo, they need a new controller after the loss of the wavebird.

And apparently i would feed lucario a smartbomb. Or some lemon chicken. either or.
my Kasai desert guess- a chocolate sunday.
-t2

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Well if it works, send the design to nintendo, they need a new controller after the loss of the wavebird.

And apparently i would feed lucario a smartbomb. Or some lemon chicken. either or.
my Kasai desert guess- a chocolate sunday.
-t2
I've got it! A smart-bomb stuffed with lemon chicken! ... or the other way around.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Here's your solution, carry around one of those mini flashlights you can put on, like a keychain flashlight, and carry around a pocket mirror. Problem solved.

As for the dinner thing, Meat Knight all the way, I'm sure he'd love it.
Maybe some roasted blue hedgehog or maybe even turtle. He might like snakes too, seeing as how he's kind of like a jackal.

Edit: Also, Typhlosion all the way! Lucario comes in a distant second. Pokemon should have ended at the second generation.

The 6 best pokemon ever: Typhlosion, Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, Espeon, Heracross.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
feed him Metaknight?

How about Ivyasaur. Lucario needs to eat his veggies.
Ivysaur's filled with poisonpowder and leech seed. I wouldn't.
And if Lucario tried, all he'd munch on would be a Bullet Seed Barrage or a Solarbeam sorbet.

Edit: Also, Typhlosion all the way! Lucario comes in a distant second. Pokemon should have ended at the second generation.

The 6 best pokemon ever: Typhlosion, Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, Espeon, Heracross.
Marowak's not in that list. You're doing it wrong.

Me? I'd feed him a Sudowoodo. They're delicious.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Kitamerby, that pic deserves 10 years in hell... and another 5 years for therapy to get rid of all trauma.

either way you can't give Lucario chocolate, he's a freaking JACKAL. That also stands true for veggies. HE NEEDS BIDOOF MEAT.

Either way, who actually believes in aura, or chi, or chakra, or whatever?
I believe in chi and feng-shui (yeah I'm eccentric)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom