• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
On an off topic note, you guys should all come to the Fast1 Tournament down in Florida. It is going to be the biggest national Brawl tournament since the game came out. You'll get to meet all kinds of amazing players such as yours truly, M2K, Hylian, and tons of others. It is a 4 day event. The first two days are Melee doubles and singles, the second two days are Brawl doubles and singles. It'd be cool to meet all you crazy people.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164840
I'm not going all the way there, spending grand amounts of cash, with no hope of winning. Why do you think I have yet to go to a tourny?

Besides, college is coming up in a few weeks.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Would be nice to win a tournie though. Especially as Lucky.

Been experimenting with spriting recently. Tried to recreate the board's mascot for a couple of pages earlier in the topic. It's in my sig. Thoughts?

The cup is there...just hard to see.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
if I had the money I'd go there right now, even if I were murdered before even getting to the quarter-finals. Sadly I can't, so I'm just gonna sit tight and hope someone else makes a tournament around here.

either way Lucario IS really short... So if anyone ever called him shorty it would probably be the last thing they did...

EDIT: JD, try outlining the cup black, might make it easier to see.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
I'll give you three guesses as to what I'm doing right now Tallen ;)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea...Flordia is a long ways from me.
Sure got family there, but...You seen how expensive it is to fly. $13 jut for a carry on???
No thank you.
Plus theres a tourny here like every 3 weeks or so, So its coming close.
-t2

And a Thumbs up to JD for using a pixel-bit Lucario Mascot

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I wish I could go to that tournament. Why couldn't they host it in the Northeast? I know that it is up to the person who is hosting it, and Florida is probably more convenient for him, but still...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
OMG JD
I just watched that clip.

I give you a gold star for that. Hands down.
-t2

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is tall, but light

yeah, good luck chain grabbing him

and at 200%? an uthrow or a bthrow from Mewtwo would have him out before he could even say his own name!
Lucario's Fthrow can kill in less than 200%

i would say in 180%

or maybe less

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Heh, glad you liked it.

Seriously though, I got a lot of spare time coming up, so I'll be working on my Lucario game quite a bit over the summer. Then I'll be able to contribute to the proper "grown up" discussions about tactics etc.

For now, I'll stick to teh randomness.

BREAK DANCING PINK LUCARIOS FOREVAH!

tedward2000

Smash Champion
haha the "grown up" discussion we have normally get off topic anyways.
but what ever works really.
-t2

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I do, to counteract his biggest moment of failed judgement (tripping), my playstyle involves almost no running, the only time i ever run is when i get a little too into things and tap the control stick too hard making me run instead of do my fast walk. It's a good thing I find no use for lucario's dash attack. I think Sakurai should be forcepalm chaingrabbed off the edge of Sora Ltd. for what his lapses in judgement did to Brawl.

R.I.P. C(r)aptain Falcon

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Tripping can occur whenever you smash the analog stick. Tripping is really the only annoying thing in Brawl, and even then its not like its a gameplay destroying addition... just annoying and useless. I would've preferred wavedashing to had remained, but if I want that I can just load up Melee and the additional defensive options presented by multiple AD makes up for it.

At the current time I really have no major complaints about Brawl. Except for Falcon being nerfed.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Tripping doesn't bother me. Sure it's an inconvenience but hey what can you do about it?

To change the subject you've all just got a new Lucario mainer(me). Can I get some applause? If not I'll accept tomatoes.

tangdynasty

Smash Rookie
I agree with Pitbuller. I don't think that tripping is really all that bad, actually. It happens at most, what, two or three times a match? And, usually, it doesn't undully affect the game. Just my opinion, though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ever notice how Azen never posts in our boards? I just realized he had almost 2,000 posts but I've never seen him post here.

Edit: just noticed the Snake thread a minute ago.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I agree with Pitbuller. I don't think that tripping is really all that bad, actually. It happens at most, what, two or three times a match? And, usually, it doesn't undully affect the game. Just my opinion, though.
I lost 6 matches in a tournament to glitches and tripping, pretty much eliminating me from the tournament before the round robin was even finished. Each glitch/trip was timed perfectly on the last stock of each match <.<.... guess it was juts bad luck

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
my fox in brawl has over 350 prat falls

so you can imagine

but what i dont get at all is how MK trips because MK glides when you double tap the stick

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Timbers

check me out
The amount of times I've tripped when trying to punish a vulnerable opponent, and then getting punished myself because of it, has been enormous. It's a terrible aspect of the game. I know there's nothing you can do to change it, but it does affect the game.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Never thought I'd see it being pulled off correctly....History in the making!

So, if Lucario went on holiday, where would he go?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Azen posts here sometimes. He doesn't spam like many of us do.

*post 3900*
But the spam is what makes the Lucario boards my favorite!

Never thought I'd see it being pulled off correctly....History in the making!

So, if Lucario went on holiday, where would he go?
Have you seen Lucario's ending in All Star Mode, where the "Congradulations" picture shows three relaxed Pokemon and a white Lucario with a baseball bat?

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
It is a good think Lucario is in the air most of the time. If he isn't on the ground that much, it reduces the chances of him actually tripping. I am starting to think Sakarai liked Lucario a little bit too much when he played through Diamond and Pearl, I am starting to see a bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom