• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
That's because you're a cool cat Sars that everyone wanted to chill with.

Ps: Roni is completely legit, and when I say that I mean it. Him and I didn't get any friendlies in during the weekend since he was indisposed for the bulk of it; however, I watched him play against Lee in the finals of the New Iberia tournament.

Legit.

Pritch

Smash Lord
We should do this diamond in the rough thing for melee too. I already have someone I'm beating into shape over here at uno (though I guess lee gets partial credit for him too).

Messaged you back, dmanwon. This week's pretty rough for me, personally, but I'll be down to smash once things calm down school-wise for me (aka next week).

'V'

Smash Lord
I have yet to play this "new" Roni and seeing as I don't get "destroyed" by anyone, I guess I'm an exception to this. As for my pupil, I'll need someone who's in BR and someone that I could meet with regularly.
Roni only uses 50% of his real skill just because he doesn't want us to feel bad. Seriously.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
Roni only uses 50% of his real skill just because he doesn't want us to feel bad. Seriously.
actually hes right, ask him how the first match went, then when i told him i was giving him s game

also, yawara right, houma da best La brawl crew, =D

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well anyway, did anyone read what I posted about the Voodoo Smash?

Just as an important reminder. We need to know a general headcount of all who can at least post here are coming to the tournament as well as who will be bringing set-ups. I'm well aware that theres a LSU vs Tulane that day but no one has said anything about going or not going to the tournament so I'm assuming only like 4 people are coming. Not trying to sound like an *** or spaz about it but I need to know. I know there has been some demand for a Brawl venue and so we were lucky to find one so I suggest that we take advantage and use it since the people are being nice enough to let us use it. However to be straightforward, if there is like 5 people for the tournament and it's a horrible turn out then you guys can find your own venue or continue driving out of the way places like Lafayette for Brawl.

Also we will need tables. If you got one, I'm looking for maybe about 5 at most. They got plenty of chairs (trust me) but we need fold out tables. I'm pretty sure I can supply one to put the set ups on and we also need power strips.

So yeah if you are simply just not going, say so. If you are then speak up now.

'V'

Smash Lord
Don't worry, Nitez. People will come to it and bring stuff. It's just too early for LA players to decide things. Seriously... Unless it's a big event, most players won't make plans to go until about 5 days in advance at the most.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If you have to be from the same area I'm never gonna get any good practice. I was hoping Sudai could teach me for LasT.

-Ran

Smash Master
Lol. Jiovanni doesn't qualify. He typically places in the top 32% of a tournament. He's placed top ten at least three times.

Hyro

Smash Lord
...so like who DOES qualify? And where in the world did you get all these percentages???

-Ran

Smash Master
I basically went and searched the past tournament records of the players. I then average their typical placing compared to how many entries.

Basically find someone that has come to a tournament or two that had moments of awesome, or someone that you have played on the side that you feel you could train up.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I basically went and searched the past tournament records of the players. I then average their typical placing compared to how many entries.

Basically find someone that has come to a tournament or two that had moments of awesome, or someone that you have played on the side that you feel you could train up.
Post the averages

-Ran

Smash Master
I can't go and do the math for every player that has ever attended a Brawl tournament. O.o I've just checked the people that said they were willing to teach.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hyro, are you going to either thing this weekend? (that would be GameWare on Friday, Laffy PnT on Sat.) You'll get a chance to team with me if you go...

Top Bottom