• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I got Madworld yesterday, and it's awesome.

Also, I lost my phone; and I'm not going to to sit here and check the boards every 5 minutes. If you need me just call my house. 985-725-0006. (If anyone does something with that number, I'll kill you.)

-Ran

Smash Master
The Diamond in a Rough Challenge
Find one person that has not placed on average in the top half of a state tournament and see how good you can make them before LAST. During LAST we'll have the trainers drop money [5-10 dollars] on their pupils in a round robin against each other. This should be a team effort of your local community.

Function: By investing time in a player that has interest in Smash and focusing each city's effort on them, we can create at the very least three competitive smash players in the course of a mouth. This is assuming that Houma, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans equally participate. Furthermore, as a team effort it would create solidarity in the local crews, while providing an inner state competition of sorts that we could perhaps continue on a monthly basis.

Recommendation: Nothing says that you have to only train one player in your group,; however, only one will be able to represent your local community at LAST for the Diamond in the Rough Challenge. It'd probably be best to train multiple that way the one with the best growth would be able to represent, or you'd have an alternate.

Thoughts?

-Ran

Smash Master
Nitez, I think you actually don't qualify. You placed 7th out of 40 in a Gameware, and then 17th out of 81 at LAST 3. Those are the only entries I could find for you in a tournament.

=p

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
The Diamond in a Rough Challenge

Thoughts?
:bigthumbu

Great idea. 'Cept I think having NiTEZ as the BR rep would be unfair, he's too good! And there's NO way I'm up for teaching Turok. No offense.

I think that each area should keep their "pupils" a secret to the other areas; that makes things much more interesting.

I like the idea this could lead to LA crew battles... :)

Who's going to Dallas on the 17th? And are the people not going to Dallas going to Laffy?

-Ran

Smash Master
Yea, already stepped on Nitez plans of domination. Sorry man. =p But yea, Secrets would be AMAZING. I already have a few ideas as to who I could bring into the fold. We need internal competition. <3 We have some GREAT teachers in our area, and it is time that we actually show off our skill.

I won't be in Dallas, since it's my birthday on the 17th. =v [And Kate's too, zomg!]

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
lawlz, i was only joking about being a pupil anyway xD. Maybe I should teach someone, but the question is who? And Jnig, if you're going to GW this Friday, I want you to show me some Wario stuffz, I'm thinking about picking him up.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yea. That's what I thought Vaughn. I was just realizing all of the talent that has been bread over the past year.

Btw Hyro, I call partial credit for Jnig. I'm pretty sure I suggested Wario as a secondary for him way back when. I could be wrong though. xd

The crew of Nola needs a sexy name.

Hyro

Smash Lord
No way dude lolol. While you were at Dibbz at the time, it was me and Yawara who suggested that he drop Pikachu completely and main wario since his playstyle fit it perfectly. Then he (and arc) came to my house every single weekend up until recently when he moved to BR.

-Ran

Smash Master
I remember it being a day that you weren't there. We were discussing secondaries and stuff, and I had told Arc to try to learn Olimar [which he did for awhile] and I thought I mentioned something to Jnig about Wario. I could be confusing it with memories of Chaddly learning Wario though.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I won the Diamond in the rough challenge a long time ago with Roni....

Screw yall, I told Jnig to pick up Wario. I told him since he never gets hit he should pick up Wario, Waft people, and run out the timer.

But only Jnig will be able to tell us the real inspirer..:o

-Ran

Smash Master
Oooold news sir. We need new ones.

Ps: Everyone should take credit for Jnig. It's the cool thing to do. =D

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
lets rent a big *** van and jus drive to pound 4 in january, whos down? We can smoke the whole way there. Lol.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237419
Also, how serious are you about doing this?

And Ran it's not Old news i did everything i could to make Roni amazing and now he like destroys everybody in the state besides me. He's better than all of you. (like he would say) LOL. I'm just trash talking not trying to come off as an AHOLE. :)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Guys, Official Smashboards Combo Video Tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251719

Now's the best time to make the LA combo video. They said it's better to use a variety of characters and players to represent smashboards and it would make sense to show a specific states skills. It would make people curious to see other states, good advertising, etc.

So, I have a ton of clips from you guys, I'll still collect a couple more. I have a mac, so I got a program called iMovie. Now the only thing left is the capture card. I have $100 lying around from when my parents left so I'll have to use it to buy the capture card for mac. It would hook up to my hdtv and would be recording on my mac so the quality couldn't get better (which is another criteria).

Edit: Yeah roni is waaaay old news XD

and I'm 100% is was me and sars since he picked up wario that SAME DAY in front of us. Ask him

-Ran

Smash Master
Speculation is more fun Hyro. =D

But yea, we should totally do the Diamond in a Rough Challenge. It could be soooooo epic.
Nola vs Br vs Houma, oh my!

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I tried to convince him like a long time before he picked him up the same day!! My idea first!!

Hyro, Ill do all I can to help you with the vid.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Haha but it's not about who said "do this" it's about who made him do it and do it good!

But yeah, we'll see lolol

Anyways, I don't like that it has to be NOLA vs. BR. vs. Houma. I think we should do individual people training individual people. Then we all faceoff. :)

-Ran

Smash Master
Daaaaaaang, cold blooded Hyro.

Ps: I'm going to start bringing around a Sd card set up to run Codes for Brawl on nonhacked Wiis. Slightly old news, but they found a way to run Gecko from Brawl loading, so now you don't even need to hack your stuff. This way we could always have infinite replay, no trip, replay with tags, etc at tournaments.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I'm not training anybody else. Everybody i try to train makes wasted effort on my part, except Roni. Yall train somebody and the winner fights Roni. And Roni will destroy and plank the winner and eat some butthole after which is the only thing that truly matters in life.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I won the Diamond in the rough challenge a long time ago with Roni....

Screw yall, I told Jnig to pick up Wario. I told him since he never gets hit he should pick up Wario, Waft people, and run out the timer.

But only Jnig will be able to tell us the real inspirer..:o
I can vouch that all Lee does is tell people to run hard. So I'll believe Lee if he says that he told JNig to go wario.

Top Bottom