• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Well, I'm back in Fl. Lame.

Pleasure hanging out with you guys, and thanks again Ran and Taylor for housing me at one point or another while I was down. Expect me to be back on a more permanent basis somewhere ~septemberish - I'll let you all know when I know more.

D

Deleted member

i just beat jake and brandon in a 2v1 all falcon match for $2. 2-0 and i finished the last game with falcon punch. ive never felt more pro in my life.

Bomber7

Smash Hero

-Ran

Smash Master
Sorry for the delay with the videos. It ended up being 20 gb, and room mates kept restarting routers. >> I had to eventually sit down and splice everything up by the hour and then reprocess everything.

I'll have the rest uploaded later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewaqrnpp89E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9wiXn41Uk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j20J68eWcxM

Third one is processing. The full tournament should be up completely by Monday. Once again, sorry. I know everyone counts on these videos to improve. D:

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
We've moved the Baton Rouge Monthly from Lazer Tag to the "Chinese Inn. They've given us easy access to Saturdays. All praise the Chinese Inn. :)

The new TO will be my brother he goes by Jwulf. I will be at the first one to help him manage the event but from then on he will be a solo act.

He will run Melee, Brawl, and N64 for now. I've heard talk of P:M players who may be interested in tourneys so that may added to the roster later on.

On a side note he is looking to get into Melee now. He is all ready a 64 pro in our state but would like to be involved in other games. Go easy on him guys ;)

Here is the event

http://smashboards.com/threads/smashcon-br-monthly-6-august-3rd-2013-baton-rouge-la.338325/

And here is the updated State Circuit.

http://smashboards.com/threads/louisiana-state-circuit.330574/#post-15118218

Last thing. After I know my brother is finely tuned on running his own events. I will be making trips once a month to Hattisburg to develop the MS scene.

-Erick

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Anybody around Nola wanna play some Marvel/Injustice? I'm at dibbz most of the time so just hmu

@BSP: I just saw your post in the results thread. And yes I can

@ChKn: Nose scratch too cheap

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
<3 Smith

I'm glad there's someone who loves me.

Also: People having trouble posting in this thread, try going to More Options... and posting from there.

BSP

Smash Legend
Anybody around Nola wanna play some Marvel/Injustice? I'm at dibbz most of the time so just hmu

@BSP: I just saw your post in the results thread. And yes I can

@ChKn: Nose scratch too cheap

Yes to the controller or SD card?

You guys ever get to the point where you don't trust your controller anymore?

BSP

Smash Legend
Man, that hurts. I thought we were doing this #oneunit thing now.

It's back though, so don't worry.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If enough people show up for melee and you guys want, we can attempt to stream melee at the next get hype. Only deal is, we'd use hd. If that's too much of a deciding factor, we won't do it. I still want people to show up for Melee and P:M.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

BSP

Smash Legend
I think I'm done with trying to get better with Brawl for the most part. If there's a carpool going to WHOBO in the future, I may go just for low tiers because I think I can do better than last time. Otherwise, I'm finished. I just can't get over my initial decisions with game + how I feel if I don't use my favorite characters and other stuff.

Of course, Brawl will probably die soon anyway with Smash 4 on the horizon. If I play it, I'm going top tier from day 1.

Happy Birthday Bomber.

-Ran

Smash Master
BSP, continue to work on your Smash IQ, which will have relevance in the next game regardless of it is Melee/Brawl/Whatever. Brawl will probably have its legs chopped off once the new one comes out, but the principles of Smash will hold true regardless of what the next game brings.

I do strongly recommend picking up Project M, or Melee, since it will give you 'weighted training' for your Smash IQ.

BSP

Smash Legend
Now you should try P:M and see what you've been missing.
Gave Brawl away. Can't.

BSP, continue to work on your Smash IQ, which will have relevance in the next game regardless of it is Melee/Brawl/Whatever. Brawl will probably have its legs chopped off once the new one comes out, but the principles of Smash will hold true regardless of what the next game brings.

I do strongly recommend picking up Project M, or Melee, since it will give you 'weighted training' for your Smash IQ.
Assuming a Melee-esque engine doesn't happen, what would be the point of picking up either of those two? I'd get some techskill, but that wouldn't do me much good if Sm4sh doesn't have much tech skill in it to begin with.

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm done with trying to get better with Brawl for the most part. If there's a carpool going to WHOBO in the future, I may go just for low tiers because I think I can do better than last time. Otherwise, I'm finished. I just can't get over my initial decisions with game + how I feel if I don't use my favorite characters and other stuff.

Of course, Brawl will probably die soon anyway with Smash 4 on the horizon. If I play it, I'm going top tier from day 1.

Happy Birthday Bomber.
You should play Marvel ;)

Also picking up ssf4 again. Happy birthday Taylor

BSP

Smash Legend
Ehhh...

LOL @ Evo changing Marvel's pools to 3/5 halfway through. That's like a giant F U to everyone who played before that.

Top Bottom