• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSP

Smash Legend
PW in winners?

I need to watch Marvel harder, but PP V ARMADA ALREADY?!?

evo 2013: Armada in losers

BSP

Smash Legend
PP put him in losers.

EVO is beyond stacked. Every match has been incredible and could be GFs at any given regional or national.

Okuser

Smash Ace
I hate that mew2king sd'd vs armada, it looks like he went on tilt real bad after that. so sad.

and then grand finals wasnt' even entertaining because mango was ****ting all over him.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, posting this up various places to get opinions and such. I'm probably biting the bullet and upgrading my ****ty old blackberry flip phone to some sort of smartphone. Pretty much decided on android over other options, and I'm on a Tmobile plan now so that would be my default carrier choice (though I could be convinced to change if the advantages are there). I have the cash to get something high-end, though I'm not totally convinced that an S4 or something to that effect is worth the hefty price tag.

So tell me why I should (or shouldn't) get your phone. Also, if anyone knows of any sweet deals that could reduce the price on a sweet phone I'd also be very interested to hear about them.

Thanks in advance. Florida sucks, I miss new orleans already. Can't wait till I move back over there (though given that I made $2000 waiting tables in the 2 weeks since I got back I don't think I'll be leaving quite yet. Tourist monies tooooooo good.)

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
CALLING GUNNERMANIAC! It's been five days since me and Eman tried every means of communication to get in touch with you. Although our efforts proved fruitless, I will not give up wanting to come to Shreveport. If you won't respond to your phone or Skype or smashboards messaging (even though you messaged me first >_>) you'll have to see this. In conclusion: Ni**a where are you??!!!!

Murdok

Smash Cadet
New to forums but me and 3 of my friends are serious SSB/SSBM players from North East Louisiana and looking to attend some of these tourneys. Are we supposed to pre sign up or do we just show up? Thanks for any input.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
New to forums but me and 3 of my friends are serious SSB/SSBM players from North East Louisiana and looking to attend some of these tourneys. Are we supposed to pre sign up or do we just show up? Thanks for any input.
Welcome to the LA thread.

For tournaments in LA, we don't have any sort of registration requirements (let alone hardly even do it at all). You just show up on the day of the tournament and pay the usual fees (tournament entry and possibly venue).

Most tournaments in the state take place in southern LA; some have occurred in Marksville. I'm not sure if it already passed, but there is a tournament over in Munroe or Ruston.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Yeah we are from Monroe. Thanks for the info, I will look for the Ruston/Monroe tourney thread.
Rustonite right here dude. Name the time and the place and we'll smash!!!! BTW there is no rustonmonroe tourney thread. This is it, and this is all you need. You should check out my tournament coming next week!

Murdok

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, I'm always down to play smash. We would definitely show up to a Ruston tournament. Would it be Brawl/Melee?

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
AAAWWWW YEAH, I'm so decent.

If you're into Melee (and I guess some 64? SSB), there are some new Melee guys over in Munroe I can get you in contact with and there are a few of us in Shreveport (Wiggins is semi retired, and there is a new guy named Roger). For 64, I'm your number 1 and basically the only one in the north; all the rest of the serious 64 guys live in either BR or Slidell. When it comes to Brawl, you have some fair competition: Gunner lives here in Shreveport, Okuser is over in Ruston or something like that, another guy or two in Shreveport (Gunner knows, I don't), and then there is Ramsaur over in Munroe/Ruston.

Oddly enough, I basically have contact with most people in northern LA and I know a fair amount of guys in the south as well. If you have any questions, I'm always available on FB.

64 group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467423579942419/631278986890210/?notif_t=like

Melee is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/352469348160468/

Brawl is LOL, JK. >.>

https://www.facebook.com/groups/261490937301204/
EDIT: I keep spelling Monroe with an U. I thought it felt wrong.

D

Deleted member

so i posted it on facebook and tagged everyone i think that cares but im posting it here too. possible dates for shrimp 002:
so the possible dates are sunday august 11, monday august 12, or wednesday august 14. please post your favorite dates for the tournament, and if you cant attend certain days and why. thank you gentleman.

I want to set a date in the next couple of days so people can request off and what not. let me know soon please.

for those that dont know, shrimp series is a melee/ p:m singles and team series with a super hype draft crew battle at the end. this edition will have special rules for the crew battle.

idk wtf happened to my font.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If there's an issue with money or getting a ride there, that's a legit reason, but it's pretty straightforward. You either come or not. Or you know, you might have some personal obligations to take care of which I fully respect. If you are able to make it, then I highly suggest you come.

Top Bottom