• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I found out about this place: https://www.facebook.com/OpenWorldVideoGameCafe It's in Mandeville, and they seem to have Brawl tournies every Sunday. Has anyone here ever been to one of these? I don't recognize anyone at all.

I'm thinking about going to this today, but I don't know if I'll ruin their competitive atmosphere. There seems to be this one guy who wins every time, so I could just go this once, beat this guy, and never go again. Like a legend, I could show the people that this man CAN be defeated...

Or I can try to go to these consistently and show them stuff about Smashboards and Smash-Con and stuff and things...

ChKn

Smash Ace
Each battle is Best 2/3. No items. 3 stock. The allowed stages are Smashville, Final Destination, Battle Field, and Yoshi's Island. No characters are banned.
Congratulations once again to Gabe Davis for winning the Smash Bros Brawl tournament today! Join us every Sunday at 5!
You probably want to call them beforehand just to make sure, so go for it.

**** now I want to go lol. This sounds hype.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
So I found out about this place: https://www.facebook.com/OpenWorldVideoGameCafe It's in Mandeville, and they seem to have Brawl tournies every Sunday. Has anyone here ever been to one of these? I don't recognize anyone at all.

I'm thinking about going to this today, but I don't know if I'll ruin their competitive atmosphere. There seems to be this one guy who wins every time, so I could just go this once, beat this guy, and never go again. Like a legend, I could show the people that this man CAN be defeated...

Or I can try to go to these consistently and show them stuff about Smashboards and Smash-Con and stuff and things...
You should go.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I would love to see Jnig go there and 3 stock this guy that probably plays like Captain falcon or something!

Also, I can't post on my phone. It just says " You must wait X seconds before performing this action again" and it never will post. Does anyone else have this problem?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Do it JNig. Do it and set up a hidden camera so we can see how everyone reacts.

It happens a lot, Ramsaur.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I think it would be more cool if we all planned a Sunday where we could all go and show these guys what hype really is! It would be a tournament like smash con where we all go!

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Yeah JNig wait for us! Well next Sunday Tech orientation will still be going on...and those of you who want to watch SKTAR (this guy will) it will also be on...

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Well, I'm definitely gonna go today. Now I'm pondering how I'm gonna present myself. I've got some ideas:
-Guy who just plays with friends
-THE JNig, #1 player in LA
-Complete noob
-"No items/smash balls? This is STUPID"

It's been a VERY long time that I've gone to a tourney where I know absolutely no one. I feel I'm almost too excited for this.

D

Deleted member

tell them you're the best melee player in LA and you don't even play brawl. you just got bored

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
That was very disappointing...

Signups started at 5, and the tourney would start at 6. I got there at 5:30, and they said they cancelled the tourney since they didn't have enough people. They said they usually get 10-15 people, and I guess they didn't even have that. They had another tourney that started at 1 for MvC2, CvS2, and 3S, which I was well aware of, and they strangely attributed their lack of attendance to that. They said there will definitely be a tourney next week, but yeah, I'm pretty bummed about driving across the causeway and back for nothing.

ChKn

Smash Ace
JNig, get like 4 others to come with you. Make sure you all wear leather jackets with your tag embroidered on it.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I would like to go to both BRM Saturday and Open World on Sunday. Only thing stopping me would be work, but I should definitely get to go to at least one.

Idk about the whole groupie thing, that's wayyyyyyy too serious, plus I feel unworthy of any fanbase lol. But having jackets tho, sounds godlike. Definitely would pay for that.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Most of the people in Laffy have stopped playing on a consistent basis unfortunately. Idk about New Iberia.

Posting in here is like catching a Pokemon. You have to wait for four full wiggles for it to post.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yeah, if we had a 2nd active TO in Lafayette, that would be pretty cool. Could start building back up again.

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
I would love to play offline friendlies, due to the fact I never have before. Any bit of skill I have is from wifi. I've always thought I was the only player in southern Louisiana because I had no idea about this forum until a friend sent me a link for it.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Im looking forward to seeing Louisiana come to Whobo 5 Oct 19-20 and support Bomber in his showdown against 5 players for 1000$. If anybody would like to sidebet on bomber vs any of the players mentioned in this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...houston-tx-300-pot-bonus-so-far.336437/page-6 let us know in the thread that way we can get your sidebets matched and confirmed. Also if you want to money match anybody post the amount/set. If you have someone in specific mention there name as well. A few months away and its showtime so if you havent done so pre-register now at www.tysseries.com/whobo5 and ill see you there!

If your on facebook confirm your attendance by RSVP at: https://www.facebook.com/events/384791671639249/

ChKn

Smash Ace
I would love to play offline friendlies, due to the fact I never have before. Any bit of skill I have is from wifi. I've always thought I was the only player in southern Louisiana because I had no idea about this forum until a friend sent me a link for it.

I know that Wifi only feeling lol.

D

Deleted member

if that **** is real, why is bomber donating 1000$ to texas instead of smashcon? or is it smashcons money?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Bomber, you are ****ing nuts.

Looks like I actually have work Saturday until around 2, so I can only go if Jwulf pushes Brawl back an hour or if he's willing to hold up my matches. Fingers crossed!

I still plan on going to Open World tho, hopefully some of you guys can go too!

-Ran

Smash Master
Well yeah, what the hell you think that venue fee was for at Summercon?
...So you're saying you used the venue fee from a tournament to allow you to do high profile money matches at another event?

Sounds like a smart use of money from your scene. If what you are claiming is true, that money would have been better off at putting bounties on Power Ranked players, or you know, not charging a crazy venue fee and then pocketing the money to be used for yourself at another event. I hope you're joking, but if you aren't, I have no intention of ever attending any Smashcon or affiliated event again.

D

Deleted member

im pretty sure he wasn't serious. but i cant think of any reason in the entire world to do that, no matter whose money it is.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. If someone from BR goes to the 'tourney' next Sunday, I'll definitely ride.
Bomber, elaboration would be appreciated.
Justin, remember when we got all worked up about Sam Montgomery and he turned out to be terrible? Now he's making about a million dollars playing for the Texans. I guess we turned out to be the *******.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Holy ****. If someone from BR goes to the 'tourney' next Sunday, I'll definitely ride.
Bomber, elaboration would be appreciated.
Justin, remember when we got all worked up about Sam Montgomery and he turned out to be terrible? Now he's making about a million dollars playing for the Texans. I guess we turned out to be the *****es.

Dude, every time I saw him doing interviews around draft time, that's all I thought about. I still have him on Skype and everything. I guess it was a good thing he stuck to football instead of getting better at smash lol

BSP

Smash Legend
It's a real pain to post in this thread.

Chinese Inn this weekend. Please show up guys. Can it be edited into the thread title?

I'm from BR.

I'm getting better at DDR!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
im pretty sure he wasn't serious. but i cant think of any reason in the entire world to do that, no matter whose money it is.
^This man knows what's up.

@SmoothCriminal- What kind of elaboration do you need? I guess an elaboration is needed.... if you guys read through the last couple pages of the WHOBO 5 thread it's make sense. TL;DR I just randomly decided to call out $200 MMs for whobo, but no one took notice until I said I'd be bumping up my wager to $1000 when I won five MMs. The days following that, we established the rules for how it would go down and who I'd play.

D

Deleted member

but that still doesnt make it a good idea at all.

i mean no offense at all, but as far as i understand you're not that great at smash. and the people who took those matches are well known texas players. so in the end it seems like you're basically giving away $1000. seems like if you were going to do that you would give it to smash con instead of individual players from other states. is this the biggest troll ever? why would you do this?

Top Bottom